Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever left notes for ****ty parkers?

1. Member
      05-15-2012 03:17 AM #1
      Background: I have to park everyday in one of two chronically overflowing garages at my University in Downtown Portland. The spaces range from pretty-damn-small to so-small-you-have-to-fold-your-mirrors-to-fit. I'm usually already pretty aggravated by having to circle 15-20 minutes to get a spot, so I tend to flip a **** when I see an asshat parked over the lines. EVERYBODY knows that the garages are always full, and it's a massive douche-move to waste a spot like that.

So basically, s*** like this:

Makes me do stuff like this:

In retrospect, it might have been a teensy bit douchey. But did I feel better after I did it? Absolutely. If I can park backwards when I had maybe 1-2" max of clearance either side (thanks to your craptastic parking), I fully expect that you can fit your pile-of-**** Explorer within the lines at the very very least. If you can't, they should take your license and cut it up.

/rant

Anyone else leave notes for ****ty parkers?

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      05-15-2012 03:32 AM #2
      I have, it drives my wife nuts. Then I explain to her that if people don't know they are being retards why would they try harder?
      ...tunes from the car makin' everybody dizzy. bumpin' Flaming Lips, Johnny Cash and Biggie...

Support Your Local Homebrewery
      Pocket Pool Team Captain IPRO

3. 05-15-2012 03:33 AM #3
      So you are passive aggressive in real life too.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post77390002

Exhibit #659 in why I can't stand the pacific northwest.

4. Member
      05-15-2012 03:35 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by sethgood View Post
      So you are passive aggressive in real life too.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post77390002

Exhibit #659 in why I can't stand the pacific northwest.
      Yes. Though in my own defence, this was the first time I've ever left a note.

Vehicles
      Juced Cutty on 13's
      05-15-2012 03:41 AM #5
      when i had my old beater i use to park next to them so close there is no way they could get into there car through the drivers side door. but now i care to much about my car so i don't really do anything any more.

6. 05-15-2012 03:41 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by kimilein View Post
      Yes. Though in my own defence, this was the first time I've ever left a note.
      Having lived in places where there is a realistic chance of getting shot at any time...and the good old PNW...things like "there might have been another car to the left" would probably come into my head before I did that.

7. Member
      05-15-2012 03:46 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by sethgood View Post
      Having lived in places where there is a realistic chance of getting shot at any time...and the good old PNW...things like "there might have been another car to the left" would probably come into my head before I did that.
      I'd rather live in a city full of P-A hipsters than somewhere where I have to fear for my life. Jus' sayin'.

Vehicles
      Chevrolet Camaro SS
      05-15-2012 03:52 AM #8
      I am going to leave a note shortly on an X1 in my parking garage. They consistantly park on the line which causes the car besides it to park closer to me.
      '99 Camaro SS 6MT | '04 Accord V6 EX Coupe 5AT

9. n00b
      Vehicles
      1988 Karmann Cabriolet, 1990 Wolfsburg Golf
      05-15-2012 04:00 AM #9
      Not as douchey as me, I have a stock pile of "I Park Like an Idiot." low tack bumper stickers in my car just for moments like that in my car.

Vehicles
      2004 VW Passat 4Motion
      05-15-2012 04:09 AM #10
      Once I parked my car at an end space clearly marked, I should have been the last car in the row. However, Billy-bob illegally parked his raised hick-up so close next to me I had to enter the car through the passengers side. Slid over to the driver's seat and rolled down my window, took a key and proceeded to scratch a big X into his passenger door.
      2004 Passat 4Mo, 1.8T, stick
      past: '96 Audi S6, forced to sell, F. U. nh emissions
      '87 VW Quantum syncro wagon, got me into quattro
      '85 VW GTI , 17 yrs and 280k miles, rusted away

Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn w/Nav
      05-15-2012 04:12 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by jeanniep View Post
      Not as douchey as me, I have a stock pile of "I Park Like an Idiot." low tack bumper stickers in my car just for moments like that in my car.
      I have the same thing but on little buisness cards for those very called for occasions
      "Its just a VW....." ...........no

Vehicles
      MkV .:R32 #920 DBP
      05-15-2012 05:19 AM #12

Just because I can!
      Quote Originally Posted by heimbachae
      we enthusiasts know what it is, but to the common peons it's just another golf.

Vehicles
      German vans, British sporty things.
      05-15-2012 05:34 AM #13
      It has to be pretty bad for me to do that.

I have done it to people who take up two spots for their precious machine, and the lot is full. The note usually claims that I have keyed their ______* in retaliation for their selfishness, so that maybe they would remember this before doing it again. Blah blah blah, they're an a-hole, etc...

But never leave a mark.

*Usually if it's a Ford truck, I'll say "Chevy", Audi = VW, Lexus = Toyota, etc.....

Vehicles
      2013 SWP BRZ Manual and 2013 White Jetta S
      05-15-2012 05:55 AM #14
      Did that tonight to a guy at the Diablo midnight release (yes, I am a nerd.) It was raining and this guy parked ACROSS 3 spots in his Civic so I parked in the spot directly behind him to block him in. It was raining and there's no reason to take up 3 spaces in an empty lot. Left a note inside of a plastic sleeve I had from work telling him how much of a douche he is etc etc and when he was sitting there waiting for me to move so he could leave he asked if I left the note and I said, "no, but if it gives a detailed description of how ****ty of a person you are for making people walk further in the pouring rain and how badly your parking is, you probably deserve it." and drove away
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      They quit making manual work trucks because even Hispanics don't know how to drive Manuel anymore.

Vehicles
      2008 9-3 2.0t
      05-15-2012 06:37 AM #15
      lol @ all of the passive aggressive pussies in this thread, especially the guy who left the note and then didn't own up to it when confronted. You're totally educating the public, one note at a time.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      '14 GMC Sierra
      05-15-2012 06:58 AM #16
      No, i havebetter things to do than judge other people and point out their failures.

Lots of idiots in this thread.

Vehicles
      2013 SWP BRZ Manual and 2013 White Jetta S
      05-15-2012 07:15 AM #17
      Not going to get into a fist fight over bad parking, I just love seeing them get livid over a note. If you can't park you can't drive, period.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      They quit making manual work trucks because even Hispanics don't know how to drive Manuel anymore.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      '01 S2K, '05 3, '12 TSX
      05-15-2012 10:10 AM #18
      I try to practice live and let live. But recently I was at target and I saw a sequoia straddling 2 spaces right near the front of the store, with a big WWJD? sticker on the back window. Not just over the line - literally taking up 2 full spaces. I couldn't resist. Went back to the car and wrote a note that said "Jesus wouldn't park like an a**hole". Childish, i know. But I was laughing all afternoon at the thought of the woman reading the note. Then I felt bad imagining that she was about to **** her pants and had to get to the bathroom. Oh well
      Last edited by MAC; 05-15-2012 at 10:29 AM.
      Expose your cracks and love will fill them.

Vehicles
      04 R32
      05-15-2012 10:11 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      No, i havebetter things to do than judge other people and point out their failures.

Lots of idiots in this thread.
      Exactly, blocking somebody in is just asking to have your own car damaged, who is the idiot then?
      Heart pumping antifreeze as I stand here.

Lloyd Banks

20. 05-15-2012 10:16 AM #20
      Nope, never left a note.

While in high school I did climb through someone's moonroof and move their car across the lot

Vehicles
      04 R32
      05-15-2012 10:21 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by DieselME View Post
      Nope, never left a note.

While in high school I did climb through someone's moonroof and move their car across the lot
      LOL reminds me of my girlfriends father that got a few of his buddies and picked up a small car and moved it, yes they are body builders.
      Heart pumping antifreeze as I stand here.

Lloyd Banks

Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      05-15-2012 10:23 AM #22
      Just the other day I saw a Mark 5 GTI in the back of the Lowe's lot parked against the island at a 45 taking up two spots. I shook my head and my wife commented on how much of a tool the guy probably is. Double whammy since it was a fellow VW driver made me feel ashamed.

Here was me at BJ's. Results of compounded bad parking. One guy does it so the other decides to follow suit. No excuse, so I rectified the situation.

23. Member
      05-15-2012 11:04 AM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by S0RRY View Post
      lol @ all of the passive aggressive pussies in this thread, especially the guy who left the note and then didn't own up to it when confronted. You're totally educating the public, one note at a time.
      Says the guy calling people pussies from the safety of his keyboard.

I would have absolutely said something if the driver just happened to be there. We have laws and call ourselves a civilized country for a reason. I shouldn't have to fear a parking garage beatdown because I pointed out inconsiderate behavior.

Vehicles
      2006 Dodge Durango Limited, 2001 Nissan Altima
      05-15-2012 11:11 AM #24
      youparklikean*******.com

05-15-2012 11:13 AM #25
      It's definitely irritating and the thought has crossed my mind to leave a note but then I think to myself, "why bother?"
      Quote Originally Posted by GTI2Slow View Post
      If there is enough room to shoehorn a car seat in the back by the roll cage I think this might be the car to buy.

05-15-2012 11:18 AM #26

27. Member
      Vehicles
      RWD Swedish Rectangle with 5spd transmission
      05-15-2012 11:20 AM #27
      "Glad to see your husband allowed you to drive today."
      Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
      A lack of knowledge and facts has never once slowed down The Car Lounge.
      Quote Originally Posted by alexislow View Post
      Can we get pictures of your feet in return? Just the feet.

Vehicles
      '14 Beetle 'Vert
      05-15-2012 11:25 AM #28
      Just bust out all their windows with a tire tool, maybe that will make everyone happy...

Sometimes they bad parking is a result of a previous bad parker who forced the next guy to park weirdly, and then the original bad parker leaves, leaving the second innocent parker looking like the bad parker. So you can't always judge.

I either show up very early or park away from everyone, so I seldom encounter this... but it's not worth getting all hyped up about... usually...

Vehicles
      '06 Outback 3.0R; '89 Sierra K2500
      05-15-2012 11:27 AM #29
      I used to park in an apartment complex for work. On my right side, there was a concrete wall; on the other side, there was this idiot who parked on the line. Since he/she parked there everyday and did not want to have any problem with the dude(tte?), I left him/her the most polite note I could write. It did the trick... for a while. I had to leave him/her a few more notes, until I just left that place.

On another occasion, I went to the bank for a quick ATM transaction and a woman came in a few minutes later. I was about to leave when I realized, outside, that she parked so close to my car I could not open my door. When she got out of the bank, I stayed as calm as I could and told her that I could not get into my car because she parked too close... in this otherwise empty lot (!). She completely ignored me and got into her car. That's when I proceeded with the ''you f***in idiot'' and the flipping of the bird...

Some people...

Vehicles
      S1, mk1, mk4, T3 "free candy" edition
      05-15-2012 11:28 AM #30
      i always leave a note....... its my #1 pet peeve

"you suck at parking!"

31. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 GTI Tornado Red
      05-15-2012 11:33 AM #31
      I remember back in the day when I had my POS 14 year old rust bucket subaru. Was heading down to the local CC for Post secondary classes, some douchecanoe was taking up 2 spots. Backed in right next to him in the actual spot. Left said person a note stating to not be an a$$hole and take up two spots. Came out of class talking to a friend... Didn't know it was her car. She read the note and asked me who would write such a thing. I claimed it and said "You park like an *******"
      Last edited by seroki; 05-15-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Vehicles
      Silver Arrow VR
      05-15-2012 11:36 AM #32
      i usually just shake my head and move on with my life.
      Quote Originally Posted by rankadoodle
      Who wants to ride some 20 year old honda that works all of the time no matter what. Thats boring as hell.
      Quote Originally Posted by vwjettaman97 View Post
      Were do you get 4x100 crome deepdish rims??
      THE SILVER SLED
      █ ♣ █

Vehicles
      02 audi tt 225 / mk3 jetta /audi 5000s turbo
      05-15-2012 11:43 AM #33
      i have gotten notes before....

i was in a ****ty neighborhood apartment complex in alexandria VA when i got my audi tt...

some dbag left me a note saying "learn how to park *******. By the way, you are NOT all that in your audi tt"

i had no idea wtf he was talking about. i was well within the lines....most of the cars ain the lot were were POS **** cans.....

34. 05-15-2012 11:58 AM #34
      I do it every single time...

My most memorable one was with a 2008ish focus with a WWJD sticker on the rear window (hatchback)... Parked in a way taking 4 goddamn spaces on walmart in black friday.... The car was dirty so i left a finger written note on the bottom of the sticker:

Certianly not park like an *******

I did get my tv that day and by the time i got out she/he already left

Felt good

Vehicles
      2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
      05-15-2012 12:08 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by DieselME View Post
      Nope, never left a note.

I like this idea.
      Originally Posted by Internal Combustion
      Not sure if serious, so I'll put it in terms you can understand: your and idiot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast