Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 80

    Thread: What's the word on the Ecoboost f150's now that they have seen some mileage

    1. 05-15-2012 08:35 PM #36
      Strange.

      What the engine is rated at, seems to depend on what page at Ford.com one is looking at.
      "You'll have to answer to the Coca-Cola company."

    2. Banned FBMphil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 18th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago 'burbs
      Posts
      7,930
      Vehicles
      Focus hatch
      05-15-2012 08:41 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by al@absolute View Post

      Mine's the white one.

      FX4, right? SUCH a good looking truck

    3. Member Smokin Joe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 20th, 2011
      Location
      Cabot, Ar
      Posts
      453
      Vehicles
      '86 Porsche 928S, '11 F-150 EB, '01 Audi S4
      05-15-2012 10:30 PM #38
      I have over 30k on mine and it has not seen the inside of a service bay since the PDI. I average 17-18MPG on it which is 3-4MPG better than any of the 3 5.4L Fords I have owned. If my foot was made from flesh and bone not led the mileage numbers would be even higher. I have babied it a few times and knocked off low 20s.

      I'm much more active on the F-150 boards and so far there has been nothing failing on these trucks. I stopped by the dealership to check on mods and how it would affect my warranty and the only problem they have had on any of the trucks was one had a leaky oil seal (rear main?? I forget the exact one). If my truck was totaled today, I'd buy another one just like it tomorrow.

    4. Member dmorrow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2000
      Location
      Cincinnati, OH
      Posts
      3,586
      Vehicles
      '06 BMW Z4M Coupe, '13 Cadillac ATS 3.6 RWD
      05-15-2012 11:06 PM #39
      My mother drives an Titan with about an 8000 lb. travel trailer. She has about 150k miles on hers and about 70% of the miles with the trailer. She asked me what my opinion was on the Ecoboost and if it would go as long as her Titan with relatively few problems and I still think it is too early to tell.

      It all sounds good but how many of them have pulled heavy trailers for 120k miles? My opinion to her is wait and see and if she wants to buy a truck now get a V-8 because she may pay more in gas but the downsides are obvious. In a year or two my opinion may change.

    5. 05-15-2012 11:36 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by JLJetta View Post
      I still can't believe ignorant buyers have swallowed the marketing hype of 'Ecoboost'.

      It's just a new name for an old technology: a turbocharger


      From a performance standpoint, the Dodge turbocharged 6 cylinder basically sodomizes the Ford's turbocharged 6 cylinder. Without using any lube.

      Heck.

      At 800ftlbs of torque versus 302, it's more like being sodomized by an inverted iron maiden.

    6. Member Toaster29's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2000
      Location
      Birmingham, Al
      Posts
      4,630
      Vehicles
      997TT, F80 M3
      05-15-2012 11:58 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by dmorrow View Post
      My mother drives an Titan with about an 8000 lb. travel trailer. She has about 150k miles on hers and about 70% of the miles with the trailer. She asked me what my opinion was on the Ecoboost and if it would go as long as her Titan with relatively few problems and I still think it is too early to tell.

      It all sounds good but how many of them have pulled heavy trailers for 120k miles? My opinion to her is wait and see and if she wants to buy a truck now get a V-8 because she may pay more in gas but the downsides are obvious. In a year or two my opinion may change.
      My Dad bought a Titan to pull our 28 ft boat, and at 90k (maybe 5-6k of towing) the rear end and headers/cats had to be replaced to the tune of nearly $4k...extremely common problems not covered by Nissan.
      '07 997.1 TT 6MT: Arctic Silver / Sea Blue. AWE exhaust, Cobb Stage 2, H&R, BBS CH-R in widebody fitment.
      '15 F80 M3 6MT: Alpine White / Sakhir: Exec pkg, LEDs, carbon roof, Harman Kardon, black 19s, etc
      Past: 300 hp B5 A4, 500 hp Evo 8, 2 450 hp E92 335s, 520hp C6 Z06, and a 750 hp CBA GT-R

    7. Member MRVW00's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 30th, 2000
      Location
      Everywhere you want to be.
      Posts
      9,626
      Vehicles
      B5 2.8Q, Buell XB9S
      05-16-2012 12:07 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by Shomegrown View Post
      A diesel would get 15+.
      My Powerstoke ROUTINELY gets 18 MPG while HAULING 7,000 LBS

      ALL HAIL 7.3L!

      7.3L PS > 4.0L
      Tucker Max of the Gays and Demokratikally Elekted Minister of Slutty Gay Whoring and Muppet Sex of the People's Independent Republik of Offtopikstan
      RIP Cosmic TDI
      Quote Originally Posted by HideYoKids View Post
      Dann is More sassy than any man with facial hair should be. It's entertaining.

    8. 05-16-2012 01:16 AM #43
      I have one. The coolest thing about them is that they are nearly indistinguishable from the other V8s from Ford, Chevy, or Dodge when towing medium loads. The max load is lower than that of the Dodge Hemi, so this isn't a motor to haul your boat, but for medium loads, the combination of fuel economy + power makes this a pretty nice setup.

      A bit expensive considering you're getting a six cylinder for the price of an eight, but the extra 5 miles a gallon with negligible effects on power makes it worth it for me.

      Great piece of engineering by Ford.

    9. Member 302W's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2004
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      3,348
      05-16-2012 06:42 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by JLJetta View Post
      From a performance standpoint, the Dodge turbocharged 6 cylinder basically sodomizes the Ford's turbocharged 6 cylinder. Without using any lube.

      Heck.

      At 800ftlbs of torque versus 302, it's more like being sodomized by an inverted iron maiden.
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      1988 is not an 80's car, it's an early 90s car but whatever.

    10. Geriatric Member Turbio!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2005
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      40,534
      Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-16-2012 07:43 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by dmorrow View Post
      My mother drives an Titan with about an 8000 lb. travel trailer. She has about 150k miles on hers and about 70% of the miles with the trailer. She asked me what my opinion was on the Ecoboost and if it would go as long as her Titan with relatively few problems and I still think it is too early to tell.

      It all sounds good but how many of them have pulled heavy trailers for 120k miles? My opinion to her is wait and see and if she wants to buy a truck now get a V-8 because she may pay more in gas but the downsides are obvious. In a year or two my opinion may change.
      Whatever the possible failure rate of the Ecoboost, I'm surprised that you went with the Titan thinking that conservatively.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

      Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

    11. Member al@absolute's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2005
      Location
      Scoudouc N.B
      Posts
      5,336
      Vehicles
      the big three and a deere
      05-16-2012 08:03 AM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGolf View Post
      I have one. The coolest thing about them is that they are nearly indistinguishable from the other V8s from Ford, Chevy, or Dodge when towing medium loads. The max load is lower than that of the Dodge Hemi, so this isn't a motor to haul your boat, but for medium loads, the combination of fuel economy + power makes this a pretty nice setup.

      A bit expensive considering you're getting a six cylinder for the price of an eight, but the extra 5 miles a gallon with negligible effects on power makes it worth it for me.

      Great piece of engineering by Ford.

      what max load are you talking about?
      Towing, Payload or GAWR?
      are you comparing a 3/4 ton to a 1/2 ton?

      The F150 with the max tow or 8200lb payload package has far more payload and towing capacity than any of the other 1/2 ton's on the market and in some configurations actually has a higher payload than some 3/4 ton's out there (the dodge 3/4 ton with both Cummins in particular) .

      The Hemi, while powerful can't hold a candle to the Ecoboost's low end torque whil pulling anything, it simply makes it peak torque at a much higher rpm, you as an ecoboost owner should know that.
      14 Mustang GT | 80 Camaro Z28 | 37 Plymouth Coupe | 13 Focus 5door | 13 F250 XLT 6.7

    12. Member al@absolute's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2005
      Location
      Scoudouc N.B
      Posts
      5,336
      Vehicles
      the big three and a deere
      05-16-2012 08:10 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00 View Post
      My Powerstoke ROUTINELY gets 18 MPG while HAULING 7,000 LBS

      ALL HAIL 7.3L!

      7.3L PS > 4.0L

      i call BS on that, i'm an avid RV forum goer and most 7.3ps owners talk about getting 10-12 Towing 7000-8000lbs RV's.Heck, most said they only get around 15mpg while unloaded.
      14 Mustang GT | 80 Camaro Z28 | 37 Plymouth Coupe | 13 Focus 5door | 13 F250 XLT 6.7

    13. Member dmorrow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2000
      Location
      Cincinnati, OH
      Posts
      3,586
      Vehicles
      '06 BMW Z4M Coupe, '13 Cadillac ATS 3.6 RWD
      05-16-2012 08:13 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Whatever the possible failure rate of the Ecoboost, I'm surprised that you went with the Titan thinking that conservatively.
      She bought it used about 5 years ago and now has about 150k miles on it. Worked out well for her but at the time she didn't ask me mutch about it. Building another V-8 with medium power isn't that difficult. No engine problems at all on it. Who knows if after 120k miles of pulling with the Ecoboost if there will be turbo problems or other engine issues with it underboost so often pulling a heavy trailer.

      I doubt there will be problems but I don't know of any other gas/turbo application in a full size truck (ever).

    14. Moderator rs4-380's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2000
      Location
      Maine
      Posts
      22,974
      Vehicles
      VWs & Audis
      05-16-2012 09:04 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGolf View Post
      The max load is lower than that of the Dodge Hemi, so this isn't a motor to haul your boat, but for medium loads, the combination of fuel economy + power makes this a pretty nice setup.

      A bit expensive considering you're getting a six cylinder for the price of an eight, but the extra 5 miles a gallon with negligible effects on power makes it worth it for me.
      an ecoboost specced for max towing is rated for 11300lbs. Ram 1500's top out at 10450lbs, so not sure how the max load is lower
      Dave

    15. Member al@absolute's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2005
      Location
      Scoudouc N.B
      Posts
      5,336
      Vehicles
      the big three and a deere
      05-16-2012 09:21 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by rs4-380 View Post
      an ecoboost specced for max towing is rated for 11300lbs. Ram 1500's top out at 10450lbs, so not sure how the max load is lower

      not just max towing, look at the payloads as well, the ram is down 400-500lbs to the comparable F150 with max tow.
      14 Mustang GT | 80 Camaro Z28 | 37 Plymouth Coupe | 13 Focus 5door | 13 F250 XLT 6.7

    16. Geriatric Member Turbio!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2005
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      40,534
      Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-16-2012 09:28 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by dmorrow View Post
      I doubt there will be problems but I don't know of any other gas/turbo application in a full size truck (ever).
      A turbo's a turbo. There's no reason why a turbo's ability to deal with being on boost for extended with a gasser should be any different than with an HD turbodiesel - the technology is in no way fundamentally different. If there's an issue, it's with the specific model of turbo Ford used, not with the fundamental turbo gasser setup.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

      Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

    17. 05-16-2012 09:29 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by 200HP4dr View Post
      My 99 Silverado 5.3 did about 9 mpg towing and it really struggled with a huge load on it. That being said, my dad's 06 Hemi ram (quadcab 4x4) got 9 mpg towing the same load, but it seemed effortless. Unloaded, my 99 Silverado got 15, mostly highway. Dad's Ram got 13-14 with the same use.

      It will be interesting to see how manufacturers deal with this. The Eco boost seems to be getting about 1 mpg better all the way around, but offering better low end torque, improving the "feel" of the truck. Will we see increases in mpg in trucks without going to hybrids? I mean, the weight thing is going to be difficult to get over.

      Chris
      Ecoboost is awesome but I am very disappointed the half ton diesels never made it to market.

      I think where the hybrid could help would be assisting to boost engine torque at lower rpm, right where the electric motor is cranking it out and a smaller gas motor is struggling. So a light hybrid type of deal.

    18. Member keithR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2006
      Location
      RTP
      Posts
      1,366
      Vehicles
      2012 Ford F150 FX4 EcoBoost 2004 VW R32 (Sold) 2001 VW GTI VR6 (Sold)
      05-16-2012 09:42 AM #53
      I bought a 2012 FX4 EcoBoost in Jan.
      Most issues I read on the Ecoboost forums are studder issue and gas mileage complaints.
      My truck has done studder thing a couple times with me not sure what that is but with 2 turbos and all those electronics I am not surprised.
      My gas mileage is not as good as advertised but overall the truck is growing on me.
      Tons of room, good power very quiet interior.
      Last edited by keithR32; 05-16-2012 at 09:48 AM.

    19. Member al@absolute's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2005
      Location
      Scoudouc N.B
      Posts
      5,336
      Vehicles
      the big three and a deere
      05-16-2012 09:58 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by keithR32 View Post
      I bought a 2012 FX4 EcoBoost in Jan.
      Most issues I read on the Ecoboost forums are studder issue and gas mileage complaints.
      My truck has done studder thing a couple times with me not sure what that is but with 2 turbos and all those electronics I am not surprised.
      My gas mileage is not as good as advertised but overall the truck is growing on me.
      Tons of room, good power very quiet interior.
      Nice looking truck, consider getting the rear wheelwell's sprayed with bedliner, it looks great on light colored trucks.

      14 Mustang GT | 80 Camaro Z28 | 37 Plymouth Coupe | 13 Focus 5door | 13 F250 XLT 6.7

    20. Member keithR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2006
      Location
      RTP
      Posts
      1,366
      Vehicles
      2012 Ford F150 FX4 EcoBoost 2004 VW R32 (Sold) 2001 VW GTI VR6 (Sold)
      05-16-2012 10:05 AM #55
      Great idea and Looks good

    21. Member dmorrow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2000
      Location
      Cincinnati, OH
      Posts
      3,586
      Vehicles
      '06 BMW Z4M Coupe, '13 Cadillac ATS 3.6 RWD
      05-16-2012 10:14 AM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      A turbo's a turbo. There's no reason why a turbo's ability to deal with being on boost for extended with a gasser should be any different than with an HD turbodiesel - the technology is in no way fundamentally different. If there's an issue, it's with the specific model of turbo Ford used, not with the fundamental turbo gasser setup.
      With anything new (turbo V-6 gas in truck application), I am skeptical of it working until it is proven, especially where someone will put high miles on the engine towing a heavy load. Ford puts a warranty up to some number of miles as this is the risk they are willing to take. I would prefer to have others prove the technology. If developing the engine was easy and could be done quickly, other manufacturers would have them out right now based on Ford's success. It's also not as simple as putting a turbo on a normal V-6 so I there is more to consider than just the turbo.

      Again, I don't know if it will be a good design long term, I am not saying it won't be, and have no reason to think it won't.

    22. Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      22,996
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      05-16-2012 10:24 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by JLJetta View Post
      I still can't believe ignorant buyers have swallowed the marketing hype of 'Ecoboost'.

      It's just a new name for an old technology: a turbocharger
      Right. Nobody else would do that, would they?

      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    23. Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      22,996
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      05-16-2012 10:35 AM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by keithR32 View Post
      Great idea and Looks good
      And it's nearly indestructible to boot!
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    24. Member al@absolute's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2005
      Location
      Scoudouc N.B
      Posts
      5,336
      Vehicles
      the big three and a deere
      05-16-2012 12:57 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      And it's nearly indestructible to boot!

      it still looks as good with a canadian winter worth of wear - pretty much like new actually.
      14 Mustang GT | 80 Camaro Z28 | 37 Plymouth Coupe | 13 Focus 5door | 13 F250 XLT 6.7

    25. Member keithR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2006
      Location
      RTP
      Posts
      1,366
      Vehicles
      2012 Ford F150 FX4 EcoBoost 2004 VW R32 (Sold) 2001 VW GTI VR6 (Sold)
      05-16-2012 10:36 PM #60
      I called and got it priced at 200 to do both wells. hmm sounds a little steep? Rugged liners are 80 for both

    26. Member MRVW00's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 30th, 2000
      Location
      Everywhere you want to be.
      Posts
      9,626
      Vehicles
      B5 2.8Q, Buell XB9S
      05-17-2012 12:04 AM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by al@absolute View Post
      i call BS on that, i'm an avid RV forum goer and most 7.3ps owners talk about getting 10-12 Towing 7000-8000lbs RV's.Heck, most said they only get around 15mpg while unloaded.
      How would you like me to prove it?

      It's a '99 F250, 7.3L PS,Ext Cab 4x2, Ext Cab, Automatic, and totally stock other than a K&N panel filter, a fresh fuel filter, and recent oil change.

      This week, (Mon-Weds) I drove 364 miles, on 21 gallons, hand calculated, and the same trip/fuel pump. cruising 70+ MPH. That's over 17 MPG's. I do run a diesel fuel additive, called Diesel Kleen.
      Tucker Max of the Gays and Demokratikally Elekted Minister of Slutty Gay Whoring and Muppet Sex of the People's Independent Republik of Offtopikstan
      RIP Cosmic TDI
      Quote Originally Posted by HideYoKids View Post
      Dann is More sassy than any man with facial hair should be. It's entertaining.

    27. Member 91gti_wolfsburg's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 15th, 2005
      Posts
      4,608
      Vehicles
      1983 Audi Coupe GT (With 4kq floor pans and running gear) 1991 GTI 1990 Audi V8Q 1997 Audi A8 Black
      05-17-2012 12:46 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00 View Post
      My Powerstoke ROUTINELY gets 18 MPG while HAULING 7,000 LBS

      ALL HAIL 7.3L!

      7.3L PS > 4.0L


      Hear Here!!!
      Sent from a unicorn's ass using rainbows and ****.
      GRIM waaay North

      Don't Call AAA, because I'm not coming right now.

    28. Member personman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2008
      Location
      TX
      Posts
      1,147
      Vehicles
      03 Golf, 94 GS500, 13 WRX
      05-17-2012 12:54 AM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by al@absolute View Post
      i call BS on that, i'm an avid RV forum goer and most 7.3ps owners talk about getting 10-12 Towing 7000-8000lbs RV's.Heck, most said they only get around 15mpg while unloaded.
      Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00 View Post
      How would you like me to prove it?

      It's a '99 F250, 7.3L PS,Ext Cab 4x2, Ext Cab, Automatic, and totally stock other than a K&N panel filter, a fresh fuel filter, and recent oil change.

      This week, (Mon-Weds) I drove 364 miles, on 21 gallons, hand calculated, and the same trip/fuel pump. cruising 70+ MPH. That's over 17 MPG's. I do run a diesel fuel additive, called Diesel Kleen.
      My dad has had a '97 F250, 7.3 PS, 4 door 2wd, since new, and for about the first 225,000 miles, unloaded it would run 19mpg all day long at 70mph. Loaded it would run 14-16mpg. The last 50,000 miles or so it's been down 2-3mpg, so I'm sure the figures quoted on the RV forum are accurate for trucks that are getting old and have lots of towing miles. The last 7.3s were made in 2003, so they're at least 9 years old now.

    29. Member IridiumB6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 29th, 2010
      Location
      Toronto, Canada
      Posts
      2,158
      Vehicles
      2014 Rogue SL, 2008 XC90 3.2
      05-17-2012 01:34 AM #64
      Correct me if I'm wrong I don't remember, are these twin turbo charged?
      Quote Originally Posted by DRUB View Post
      What just cause Im new.

    30. Member al@absolute's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2005
      Location
      Scoudouc N.B
      Posts
      5,336
      Vehicles
      the big three and a deere
      05-17-2012 07:06 AM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by personman View Post
      My dad has had a '97 F250, 7.3 PS, 4 door 2wd, since new, and for about the first 225,000 miles, unloaded it would run 19mpg all day long at 70mph. Loaded it would run 14-16mpg. The last 50,000 miles or so it's been down 2-3mpg, so I'm sure the figures quoted on the RV forum are accurate for trucks that are getting old and have lots of towing miles. The last 7.3s were made in 2003, so they're at least 9 years old now.

      that's probably the case then, i'm going from word of mouth on 3 different sites plus the few that are owned by local buddies.
      14 Mustang GT | 80 Camaro Z28 | 37 Plymouth Coupe | 13 Focus 5door | 13 F250 XLT 6.7

    31. Member al@absolute's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2005
      Location
      Scoudouc N.B
      Posts
      5,336
      Vehicles
      the big three and a deere
      05-17-2012 07:07 AM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by keithR32 View Post
      I called and got it priced at 200 to do both wells. hmm sounds a little steep? Rugged liners are 80 for both

      that's steep, i got my bed and wheelwell's done by the local line-X shop for 650.00$ + tax
      14 Mustang GT | 80 Camaro Z28 | 37 Plymouth Coupe | 13 Focus 5door | 13 F250 XLT 6.7

    32. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2001
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      21,047
      05-17-2012 07:17 AM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by IridiumB6 View Post
      Correct me if I'm wrong I don't remember, are these twin turbo charged?
      Not sure if serious but the answer is yes.

    33. Member MRVW00's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 30th, 2000
      Location
      Everywhere you want to be.
      Posts
      9,626
      Vehicles
      B5 2.8Q, Buell XB9S
      05-17-2012 08:51 AM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by al@absolute View Post
      that's probably the case then, i'm going from word of mouth on 3 different sites plus the few that are owned by local buddies.
      So there smarty pants! TOLD YOU!

      Tucker Max of the Gays and Demokratikally Elekted Minister of Slutty Gay Whoring and Muppet Sex of the People's Independent Republik of Offtopikstan
      RIP Cosmic TDI
      Quote Originally Posted by HideYoKids View Post
      Dann is More sassy than any man with facial hair should be. It's entertaining.

    34. Member al@absolute's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2005
      Location
      Scoudouc N.B
      Posts
      5,336
      Vehicles
      the big three and a deere
      05-17-2012 08:56 AM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00 View Post
      So there smarty pants! TOLD YOU!



      for the record, i'd still rock a diesel even if it only got 15mpg.
      I didn't buy the ecoboost for the mpgs, i got it for balls out low end torque that i could afford.
      14 Mustang GT | 80 Camaro Z28 | 37 Plymouth Coupe | 13 Focus 5door | 13 F250 XLT 6.7

    35. Member Smokin Joe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 20th, 2011
      Location
      Cabot, Ar
      Posts
      453
      Vehicles
      '86 Porsche 928S, '11 F-150 EB, '01 Audi S4
      05-17-2012 09:41 AM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by IridiumB6 View Post
      Correct me if I'm wrong I don't remember, are these twin turbo charged?
      Yup, they have two water cooled Borg-Warners.

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •