VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to decide - 2013 Golf R vs 2013 Audi TT-RS

Vehicles
      a Nissan
      05-16-2012 01:57 AM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by Flyin18T View Post
      I'm curious which dealership it is. I've purchased a couple VW's from Smithtown including my new GLI and the experience has been great. However the only person that ever services/touches my car is my good friend who just happens to be a head tech at the Audi dealership next door. Keep us posted. Good luck either way.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
      Quote Originally Posted by hipster. View Post
      He's from Happauge, the only dealer I can think of that is close is Smithtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Gateway1 View Post
      It's not Smithtown. I decided not to post the dealer's name until I get an answer from VWoA.

Vehicles
      13 JSW TDI, 14 Mazda6 Touring, 05 Sienna LE, 04 Saab 9-5W, 93 S4, 02 Ninja 250
      05-16-2012 02:00 AM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      the fact that you, or anyone in this thread, feels like they would deserve a whole new car, is mental.
      x12
      epitome
      Mr. Money Mustache

2.0 TDI "BHW" engine partout - @tdiclub @vwvortex

3. Member
      Vehicles
      MetroCard
      05-16-2012 02:04 AM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by stascom View Post
      Ah, I see. Sorry I was reading this thread and his original side by side and I must have spacebar'd down too far to catch that post.

Vehicles
      '10 GOLF TDI
      05-16-2012 02:14 AM #79
      Based on my conversation with a "legit" body shop today, they would charge $8,500 to repair my car properly.
      hey man if you get new R, good for you, im not hating for going that route if you can make it happen,,,, i know i would love a new car

but $8500 seems quite a bit high.
      i had: Right Fender, Lower Right Fog light/Grill, Windshield all 3 replaced + some work to fix the roof dent, a pillar damage, hood damage + painted following: hood, new fender, front bumper, right front door, roof and body panels that are part of the roof that run behind passenger doors
      and all that was done for just a bit less than half of what you have been quoted for around $4000, at a shop in LA that does nothing but BMW's for BMW of Santa Monica, and lots of other high-end cars *(they had ferrari/bentley on the lot at the same time), *(btw i dont think i'd go back there again though )
      just saying, your estimate seems quite high, thats literally 1/3 of my cars MSRP

5. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 Jetta GLI
      05-16-2012 07:31 AM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post

the fact that you, or anyone in this thread, feels like they would deserve a whole new car, is mental.
      x38
      Quote Originally Posted by Rigby
      Hamboning will save your life someday

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      05-16-2012 08:02 AM #81
      There is certainly an entitlement factor going on with the op. No reasonable person would expect a new car out of this situation. It's one thing to ask for it and something completely different to legitimately think you're owed one because of what the dealer did. Companies replace cars typically when there is some unfixable problem with the car- this isn't one of those situations. They'll likely respray the hood and if you're lucky they'll replace the bumper.

This thread is an example of why I take most dealer complaint threads with a grain of salt.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      06 VW GLI (sold), 98 Cherokee offroad toy, 00 Cherokee (DD), 08 Duramax, 91 GMC Syclone
      05-16-2012 08:25 AM #82
      After working at a dealership, I wouldn't be surprised if I bought a brand new car that had some form or paint correction or paint work done. I seemed like we were sending cars to the body shop every week or so.

So if anyone does buy a new car make sure to check for paint edges, shadowing, etc

link to the original thread?
      91 GMC Syclone-build in process
      98 Jeep Cherokee- Caged offroad toy
      00 Jeep Cherokee- Daily Driver
      06 Jetta GLI, APR stg2, lowered,... -->SOLD
      08 Duramax- Toy rig (474hp, 725ft-lbs)

Vehicles
      2003 Passat V6 - 2004 Jetta 1.8T - 2012 GC Limited - 2015 528i xDrive
      05-16-2012 08:29 AM #83
      I'm assuming this is Legend (given that you said the VW and Audi dealerships are the same owner). I've never had any experiences there. My initial thought was Smithtown too as I've had some bad experiences there.

Hope it all works out, whatever the final decision by VWOA is. If you get the TT-RS, I'll be sure to look for you around town.

05-16-2012 08:31 AM #84
      LOL @ demanding to have a $30k Golf bought back because some tech scratched your fender. Get the **** over yourself.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      90 VRT Corrado, 05 Ram SRT-10 QC
      05-16-2012 08:36 AM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by romanl View Post
      hey man if you get new R, good for you, im not hating for going that route if you can make it happen,,,, i know i would love a new car

but $8500 seems quite a bit high.
      i had: Right Fender, Lower Right Fog light/Grill, Windshield all 3 replaced + some work to fix the roof dent, a pillar damage, hood damage + painted following: hood, new fender, front bumper, right front door, roof and body panels that are part of the roof that run behind passenger doors
      and all that was done for just a bit less than half of what you have been quoted for around $4000, at a shop in LA that does nothing but BMW's for BMW of Santa Monica, and lots of other high-end cars *(they had ferrari/bentley on the lot at the same time), *(btw i dont think i'd go back there again though )
      just saying, your estimate seems quite high, thats literally 1/3 of my cars MSRP
      This X1000000000000000000000000000000

OP needs to get over himself, I understand you bought a new car, and I even get that they put scratches in your bumper (albeit more than likely not extremely noticeable unless you're fine tooth combing the car). But being as I was a tech, and I still work on cars on the side, people like you pi$$ me off some kind of bad. Setting the scratches on the bumper to the side, you're complaining about a scratch in the sunroof, and some little interior s#$t that you could easily take 3 seconds to fix yourself????? Realize, people that work on your car are just that PEOPLE!!! If you can tell me you've gone your whole life without making mistake #1 I got some Arizona ocean front property I wanna sell ya.

Your issues don't constitute a new car by ANY means, however, I do feel sorry for the people in the shop that fix your car, cause god knows if they replace that sunroof due to a scratch, given the amount of stuff that comes out of that car to get the thing out........they'll never be done dealing with you cause little s&*t your going to notice.......cause guess what.........the car is no longer new, and if you want stuff fixed, realise something may get scuffed because behind those bay doors are people, not machines.
      Rule for posting in Corrado Forum- BEFORE clicking 'Submit Post' button, go ahead and have someone kick you in the nuts. Only then can you click the button.....it'll hurt less when you get your response.

Vehicles
      F14 Tomcat
      05-16-2012 09:04 AM #86

12. Member
      05-16-2012 09:17 AM #87
      I guess over the past 13 years things haven't changed around TCL. After reading some comments on this page, you would think these responses are about a completely different car with issues from another thread. Keep it up guys.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Incoming hater plane *beeeeyaaaaarrrrrr*
      Quote Originally Posted by AHFlynn View Post
      some people are such oversensitized pussies these days.

Vehicles
      2010 VW GTI
      05-16-2012 09:28 AM #88
      This isn't a case of "taking it like a man" and demanding a new car.

It's a case of "nobody is going to give you a new car so you don't have a choice in the matter."

Have fun with your new paint, hopefully it will be of quality that won't get rock chips as easily as the mk6 Candy White gets.
      flickr | Follow me on instagram: @ginger_reporter

Vehicles
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V (manual), 2015 Nissan XTerra PRO-4X
      05-16-2012 09:32 AM #89
      I guess over the past 13 years things haven't changed around TCL. After reading some comments on this page, you would think these responses are about a completely different car with issues from another thread. Keep it up guys.
      To be fair OP, your thread asked for this type of response. If your original post would have been more along the lines of "dealership f*cked up my car, what would you do?", you may have illicited a completely different response. Thinking and demanding VW buys your car back over cosmetic damage is going to give you the responses you see here. Plus, eluding to your wife pegging you with a 12" dong is never, ever wise in TCL
      CTS-V 1st dyno: 461/472
      CTS-V 2nd dyno: 500/501
      CTS-V 3rd dyno: 521/510
      CTS-V 4th dyno: 529/521
      CTS-V 5th dyno: 586/618

Vehicles
      '12 Urano Gray CC R-Line 6MT
      05-16-2012 09:49 AM #90
      like tons of ppl mentioned You will not gonna get new car because of some small things like that.
      In my opinion You are probably looking to get rid of the car that You can't afford anymore. And just trying to find an excuse. And the whole tt-rs is just to cover yourself.

Because ppl like You honest regular customers are having more problems these days to get stuff covered under warranty.

And its 30k golf not hand made rolls royce. get over it.

cheers

Vehicles
      F14 Tomcat
      05-16-2012 09:52 AM #91
      [img]http://cdn.******************/instances/400x/20497018.jpg[/img]

05-16-2012 09:52 AM #92
      I mean, you came in here saying that you were demanding VWoA buy your car back, and furnish you a new car because of some scratches on your bumper. If that's not a pompous douchebag attitude, I don't know what is. I think that is what has elicited the response that you've received.

Vehicles
      '10 GOLF TDI
      05-16-2012 10:03 AM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by wh1te09gti View Post

And its 30k golf not hand made rolls royce. get over it.
      cheers
      to be fair, its not a $30K golf its more like $$36K+ttl/tax = $39 K min out the door. so more in line with $40 K

i'd be pissed if that happened to my car.... o actually i did get 2 small scratches *(small) so i just got a few hundred dollars back from my dealer since it was done during first courtesy check up at some 1,xxx miles or so,,
      OP as most have stated you probably wont get a new car.
      but if you do,,,, good for you....everyone on here will be more pissed at the fact that you pulled it off while many others with more serious issues couldnt

Vehicles
      '12 Urano Gray CC R-Line 6MT
      05-16-2012 10:12 AM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by romanl View Post
      to be fair, its not a $30K golf its more like $$36K+ttl/tax = $39 K min out the door. so more in line with $40 K

i'd be pissed if that happened to my car.... o actually i did get 2 small scratches *(small) so i just got a few hundred dollars back from my dealer since it was done during first courtesy check up at some 1,xxx miles or so,,
      OP as most have stated you probably wont get a new car.
      but if you do,,,, good for you....everyone on here will be more pissed at the fact that you pulled it off while many others with more serious issues couldnt
      ok You right its closer to 40k but still golf.
      i would be pissed too, my previous boss had a brand sparkling new bentley You would be supprised with amount of the factory small screw ups it came with.
      not to mention at service they used to take these to regular $12 car wash...
      dealers are just dealers once You sign off the paper they dont give a S#%T about You and Your car.
      Last edited by wh1te09gti; 05-16-2012 at 10:14 AM.

20. Member
      05-16-2012 10:26 AM #95
      You guys are right, what was I thinking? Why should some body shop perform body work on my car? The VW service tech can do a better job and it won't cost the dealer a dime.

The tech tried his best to bend my driver's side fender back to normal but he was unsuccessful. It's perfectly understandable that he would pull out the passenger fender to match the driver's fender, right? Oh darn, they don't match. Not a big deal, who cares if both fenders are pulled out and the front end of the car is misaligned? Service Manager to Tech: If the owner contacts VWoA, just tell them we scratched the car. Problem solved, next.

Vehicles
      2004 Audi A4 Quattro 6MT
      05-16-2012 10:28 AM #96
      If you can, go with the TT-RS, this car is an animal, i would never look back.

22. Banned
      05-16-2012 10:32 AM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by wh1te09gti View Post
      like tons of ppl mentioned You will not gonna get new car because of some small things like that.
      In my opinion You are probably looking to get rid of the car that You can't afford anymore. And just trying to find an excuse. And the whole tt-rs is just to cover yourself.

Because ppl like You honest regular customers are having more problems these days to get stuff covered under warranty.

And its 40k golf not hand made rolls royce. get over it.

cheers
      +1 to this guy

Vehicles
      E46 coupe
      05-16-2012 10:34 AM #98
      The tech tried his best to bend my driver's side fender back to normal but he was unsuccessful. It's perfectly understandable that he would pull out the passenger fender to match the driver's fender, right? Oh darn, they don't match. Not a big deal, who cares if both fenders are pulled out and the front end of the car is misaligned?
      the body panels are misaligned but you need to stop saying your front end is misaligned. this implies a severe suspension/frame issue that your car does not have, this is cosmetic. you're entitled to a factory-spec repair and maybe a few coupons for free car washes or a synthetic oil change. Not an entirely new car or a buyback.

24. Member
      05-16-2012 10:41 AM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by GiacGtiAgain View Post
      the body panels are misaligned but you need to stop saying your front end is misaligned. this implies a severe suspension/frame issue that your car does not have, this is cosmetic.
      You're right it is cosmetic, the body panels are misaligned.
      But it's not the my only issue. Even after they replaced the driver's door seal, I still have water leakage on the driver's door. Actually, there are other issues as well but who really cares?

25. 05-16-2012 10:43 AM #100
      did not know VW was making a 2013 Golf R

Thought it was a one year only deal

Also - a reputable VW dealer should have done the proper body work on your Golf.
      Boiler Up!

Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

For advertising information click HERE

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast