Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 36 to 48 of 48

    Thread: Punk rock and wedding entrance: What would you choose?

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2002
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      6,233
      06-11-2012 10:21 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      PIL "Rise" comes to mind if only for the "I could be wrong/I could be right" lyric as it relates to getting married
      ...
      Man, I love that song. Don't forget the awesome classic line of "May the road rise with you" that John Lydon used so perfectly in it.

      As far as a milder punk song goes, if your girlfriend is a punk rock girl, why not go with "Punk Rock Girl" by the Dead Milkmen?

      2003 Acura MDX
      2006 BMW X3


    2. Member x047x's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 16th, 2004
      Location
      Pittsburgh
      Posts
      2,792
      Vehicles
      '08 335xi
      06-12-2012 07:18 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by woofster View Post
      As far as a milder punk song goes, if your girlfriend is a punk rock girl, why not go with "Punk Rock Girl" by the Dead Milkmen?
      Ha ha, we thought about that but she's not punk rock at all, just me ha. But yeah that was one of the first considerations. I can't tell you how many times I've drunkenly sang this at Karaoke.

    3. Member
      Join Date
      May 29th, 2003
      Location
      SEPA
      Posts
      5,395
      Vehicles
      '05 GLI, Mazda5
      06-12-2012 09:05 AM #39
      Feeling very 80's

      The following strays a little from the "punk rock" genre, but I think they work.



      "Yeah, I pissed myself, but that's only because I only had 20 minutes for recess." Duane Peters

    4. Member kiznarsh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      1,278
      Vehicles
      '10 S4 | '91 MR2 Turbo
      06-15-2012 12:59 AM #40
      I'm sure you've heard the original, but this acoustic cover is hilarious. If your fiance's name has 2 syllables, it'll work nicely and if it is in fact Whitney, then !


    5. Member x047x's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 16th, 2004
      Location
      Pittsburgh
      Posts
      2,792
      Vehicles
      '08 335xi
      06-15-2012 07:21 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by kiznarsh View Post
      I'm sure you've heard the original, but this acoustic cover is hilarious. If your fiance's name has 2 syllables, it'll work nicely and if it is in fact Whitney, then !
      Nice suggestion! I love that song and hadn't thought about it. Admittedly I've never even really listen to the words either. Anyway, that kids facial expressions are hilarious ha. Her name is Beth, but I could always tack on her middle name Lee as well for Beth-Lee or something goofy like that. That whole two syllable thing is the problem I ran into with Weezer's Suzanne too.

    6. Member kiznarsh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      1,278
      Vehicles
      '10 S4 | '91 MR2 Turbo
      06-16-2012 12:20 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by x047x View Post
      Her name is Beth, but I could always tack on her middle name Lee as well for Beth-Lee or something goofy like that.
      Goofy? Definitely not goofy! Haha...it makes it personal which goes a long way. I've used girls' names in a couple of my own songs, but they were ex's so the sentiment was slightly different.

      The lyrics to that song are actually pretty fun and the reason why I like it. I typically listen to heavier punk (Strung Out, Bad Religion, etc.) but their songs wouldn't be as appropriate. You need something a bit on the lighter side...

      Good luck!

    7. Member x047x's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 16th, 2004
      Location
      Pittsburgh
      Posts
      2,792
      Vehicles
      '08 335xi
      06-18-2012 08:13 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by kiznarsh View Post
      Goofy? Definitely not goofy! Haha...it makes it personal which goes a long way. I've used girls' names in a couple of my own songs, but they were ex's so the sentiment was slightly different.

      The lyrics to that song are actually pretty fun and the reason why I like it. I typically listen to heavier punk (Strung Out, Bad Religion, etc.) but their songs wouldn't be as appropriate. You need something a bit on the lighter side...

      Good luck!
      Ha ha ha, and yeah I typically listen to heavier stuff as well but like you said it probably wouldn't be appropriate for this circumstance. Thanks!

    8. 06-24-2012 05:35 PM #44

    9. Member x047x's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 16th, 2004
      Location
      Pittsburgh
      Posts
      2,792
      Vehicles
      '08 335xi
      07-13-2012 09:09 AM #45
      Bump for a few more ideas. We're closing in on 2.5 months

    10. 07-13-2012 09:19 PM #46
      I win! Totally forgot about this haha.


    11. Member x047x's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 16th, 2004
      Location
      Pittsburgh
      Posts
      2,792
      Vehicles
      '08 335xi
      07-14-2012 10:18 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by xoutofstepx View Post
      I win! Totally forgot about this haha.

      ha ha well done!

    12. 07-21-2012 12:26 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by kratom View Post
      I was thinking, "Die Die My Darling" or "London Dungeon" as a sweet ball and chain reference.
      I'm really just here for the pancakes.
      I'm Sorry Hachi... I love you.

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •