VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Dealer freaking WRECKED my CAR!!

5K views 70 replies 38 participants last post by  A1an 
#1 ·
So got a call and the dealer wrecked my car. Finally got the police report and stated that the accidnet happened at 1:20 pm, but the dealer never called me until 4:30 in the afternoon. Finally heard back from their adjuster and get this! They are not going to pay the full amount of the quote of the bodyshop quoted for the repairs.

Till this day, the dealership has NOT offered me anything to compensate me for my time or anything. Afer a week I have no check and still no offer from the dealership to take care of this issue....I have a loaner car from them, but now Im going to get back my wrecked car? IM SO ANGRY! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

#48 ·
Dealership wont budge.. Talked to the sales manager yesterday (because the GM will NEVER call me back) and wont even give me a deal on a used car and even stated that they were being 'nice' not to charge me for the 1600 part in my car before he wrecked it. They said they could be mean and put a lein on my car since I haven't paid for the part....I'm so frustrated and mad...stormed out. I'm done being nice.

#52 ·
Someone on here posted a thread about totalling his car at Lindsay Volkswagen in Sterling, Va. He got a free 2012 golf r. You should call them and get some more information or figure out why he got a deal and you didn't. Good luck. That sucks a lot.

#55 ·
Honestly, all this ranting and worrying doesn't even make sense to me. This is pretty damn black and white. There should be NO worry that they won't fix it. It's common sense...nothing here makes sense. Have them fix your car and be on your way already. :thumbup:

#56 ·
reason i will never bring my car to a dealer ship again
last time i brought it to the yorkdale dealer (for any toronto people stay away)
i saw a tech take my car and start pealing out in it when i was outside having a smoke waiting for them since the i will never let the dealer touch my car again. only my mechanic who i trust will not do this

#60 ·
yes, thats why I have vw/porsche mechanic service my car(family business), my jetta was hit in their lot(done in 4 days). Completely taken care of by them and looked flawless being that they know I'm picky and and all 5 of our vws in my family go there. If dealer is being an A**hole you will most likely need to lawyer up to get anything done.

#61 ·
Whatever the case waste no more time! You should have called VWOA the minute you found out they refused to pay the full repair cost of a wreck they caused. You could have also called your insurance and seeked advice without making a claim. This community is usually good for stuff like this as well. Most of the time somebody from local meets or clubs either work or have connections and can make things happen. If that ain't helpful a lawyer is. Its a virtual can't lose case. You don't pay anything for what they damaged. For good measure after its resolved based on how you've been treated gather some community VW owners and picket the f@&k out of them after work 2 or 3 times a week with big azz colorful signs...Just make sure you have an alternative VW dealership to go to in your area lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

#62 ·
And tell them you're not going to pay $1600 for a part that they turned around and wrecked right after they put it in!

Seriously, though, everyone telling you to contact VWoA customer care are 100% correct. This is the kind of sh!t that can get a dealer's franchise pulled.

If they're balking this much at handling the full repair cost makes me think that there's something fishy that was going on at the dealership with the guy who was driving your car... maybe not fully licensed to drive, something like that.

#65 ·
If i was the OP i would use Vortex to bash the dealership and get a lawyer. Like Monday morning! ASAP.

Or since the OP has yet to slam the name of the dealership i am kinda wondering if this story might be fabricated.

#67 ·
Hi

I wrecked the freakin dealer's car! I was an appy mechanic. :laugh::laugh:

Anyway I think that you must move on this immediately. This is a poor reflection on the dealership, the brand and the motor industry as a whole. I got out of the trade due to its stench. In SA where I live, it seemed to me that the trade get away with too much.

Contact VW USA here

Put everything in writing - paper trails are good, telephone calls are too easy to hide.

Go get them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.