Thread: Official: Forza Horizon Thread

Vehicles
      335i | zx6r
      10-02-2012 08:53 AM #141
      Oh I just read its later this month... whoops

Vehicles
      2014 FG4
      10-02-2012 09:45 AM #142
      I probably won't even bother with DLC packs for FH this year. I already spent so much money on FM3 and FM4 then year later you can get all DLC packs with game included for $30. F you T10.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      TCLers bitching about braking performance being subpar on a track is laughable. Most of you wouldn't have a pair of stones big enough or the skills to fade the brakes on a Prius.

In before the autocross brigade of armchair quarterbacks chime in.

Vehicles
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      10-02-2012 10:58 AM #143
      I think i will buy this game after its first price drop. (somewhere around $29.99) As for DLC, I just wait for discount. Like there was a 50% off Forza 4 season pass before. There is no way I will pay 4000pt for just a season pass.
      Windows Vista (32bit only)/7/8 "God Mode"
      - Create new folder on desktop
      - rename folder to the following:
      GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Vehicles
      2014 FG4
      10-02-2012 12:33 PM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by Avus View Post
      I think i will buy this game after its first price drop. (somewhere around $29.99) As for DLC, I just wait for discount. Like there was a 50% off Forza 4 season pass before. There is no way I will pay 4000pt for just a season pass.
      this
      TCLers bitching about braking performance being subpar on a track is laughable. Most of you wouldn't have a pair of stones big enough or the skills to fade the brakes on a Prius.

Vehicles
      Cars are dumb in the city but I have two
      10-03-2012 02:04 AM #145
      I know I'm not the only one who is gonna do donuts on that golf course

6. Member
      10-03-2012 09:07 AM #146
      I'll be having car jumping contests off the dunes.

We haven't really seen any physical or mechanical damage in any of the videos yet have we? They're probably leaving that out?

Vehicles
      74 BMW R90/6, 99 V70R AWD
      10-03-2012 09:35 AM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by wolfsburgraz View Post
      I'll be having car jumping contests off the dunes.

We haven't really seen any physical or mechanical damage in any of the videos yet have we? They're probably leaving that out?
      There is light physical damage shown in the videos, but IIRC mechanical damage is left out.

Then again, almost every video of gameplay that's out there is shown with all assists "on" a.k.a. easy mode. Which conceivably would have minimal damage effect.

8. Member
      10-03-2012 04:09 PM #148
      Well, for the people who have committed to buying the game already, decide for yourselves if you want to use up a gig or so of bandwidth to earn this beauty. That's one ugly livery.

Today's announcements so far, 1967 Miura, 2011 DS3 Racing, 2009 IS-F [EDIT] and 1984 Peugeot 205.

Last edited by wolfsburgraz; 10-03-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Vehicles
      2014 FG4
      10-03-2012 08:22 PM #149
      Are we gonna have all cars from Forza 4 in Horizon? Or only some of them?

10. Member
      10-03-2012 11:07 PM #150
      I remember reading somewhere a few months ago that it was supposed to be in the 200-250 range. Around 150 or so cars have been revealed so far, you can see them all in one page in this [mostly] updated thread.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...howThread.aspx

Well, we get a Corvette Convertible after all, it's just too bad it's the 2010 Grand Sport and not the 60th Anniversary 427 'vert I was hoping for. Fingers crossed it shows up in DLC or is still on the reveal list!

Vehicles
      2014 FG4
      10-03-2012 11:28 PM #151
      I remember reading somewhere a few months ago that it was supposed to be in the 200-250 range. Around 150 or so cars have been revealed so far, you can see them all in one page in this [mostly] updated thread.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...howThread.aspx

Well, we get a Corvette Convertible after all, it's just too bad it's the 2010 Grand Sport and not the 60th Anniversary 427 'vert I was hoping for. Fingers crossed it shows up in DLC or is still on the reveal list!

uhhh I was expecting more cars, but it's better than nothing.

12. Member
      10-03-2012 11:44 PM #152
      Quote Originally Posted by FuelInMyVeins View Post
      uhhh I was expecting more cars, but it's better than nothing.
      Well, none of the GT/LMP series cars were going to make it into Horizon so you can immediately knock 100 or more cars off from Forza 4's car list. After that subtract a bunch of who-cares cars or car-culturally less popular cars and you're down a good number from FM4's now 650+ strong list.

To be honest I don't know if they've ever actually stated what their goal was and haven't been able to easily find the answer with a few broad google searches.

[EDIT] Just did the math thanks to a handy online car list:

24 LMP1 cars
      11 LMP2 cars
      8 DTM cars
      56 GT1/GT2/GT3/GTS/GT300/GT500 cars
      2 Stock cars
      10 V8 Supercars
      --------------------------------------------------
      111 Total
      Last edited by wolfsburgraz; 10-04-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Vehicles
      10-04-2012 09:29 AM #153
      also no Porsche, so cut out all 30 of those as well. And they're cutting any car that "someone wouldn't bring to a summer car/music festival to show off" so I assume the small Susuki's and other econo cars are going the way of the dodo.

With 6 cars/month worth of DLC, for sure at least 6 months of DLC, I'm guessing it will be 12 months again. There will be 36-72 more added to the launch-day car list.

There are also already over a dozen cars in the FH list that were not in FM4.

Gives you an idea of just how many cars they will be cutting from the FM4 list.

edit: these two were from before the Miura, they just never got posted

Last edited by OptimusGlen; 10-04-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Vehicles
      10-05-2012 09:09 AM #154
      From yesterday:

15. Member
      10-08-2012 10:17 PM #155
      Demo tomorrow!

I was away for a few days but I don't think I'm posting any duplicates.

I frickin' love the roster so far. ZL1 Camaro followed shortly by Reventon Roadster are the cars I want to buy first.

Vehicles
      10-09-2012 10:02 AM #156

Here are the roads available in the demo. The area to the upper right (the Dam) is opened for one event, and not for free roam. The rest of it is open to free roam as well as the events that are in it.

There is one off-road race using the Evo, the Mustang vs. Mustang event, and one on-road race using the Viper.

As far as handling goes... It definitely does not feel like the out-of-the-box FM4. To me, each of the cars feel like I put a quick/mild handling tune on them. With two main exceptions

- incredibly easy to hold a drift
      - even with ABS on, the brakes lock up

One thing is for sure though, the way the cars drive is LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than TDU1 or 2. To me the cars feel like they should. And with simulation steering on, it's not hard to fishtail the Viper (or as some call, get into a tank slapper)

There was a "Rivals" mode... but I think maybe the rivals weren't real? Who knows, maybe they were actually other players...

Anyway, after you finish an event it would say something about Rivals mode, and asked if I wanted to accept or challenge a specific rival. When I accepted, I would race the same route as the event, only it was against that one rival ghost.

Again, I feel the handling of the cars is good. Yeah I'm sure there are small ways that it could be improved or more life-like, but to me there are no glaring problems. It is enjoyable. I am by no means a professional driver, but I have driven a 2011 Porsche 911 Carrera S on a track, and have owned a fair share of quick/sporty cars that were driven on the street.

3rd Behind the Scenes video
      Last edited by OptimusGlen; 10-09-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Vehicles
      2014 FG4
      10-09-2012 10:21 AM #157
      After playing demo for 10 minutes only I made my decision to pre-order horizon today.

Vehicles
      2014 FG4
      10-09-2012 10:23 AM #158
      ohhh and the physics seems to be almost the same as in Dirt 3.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      '97 A4 1.8TQMS (sold), '01.5 S4 (sold), '04 .:R32 (sold), '13 GTI Autobahn
      10-09-2012 01:05 PM #159
      I really enjoyed the demo. I felt right at home once I turned off all assists and reconfigured the controls. My only concern is that it felt too easy. I won all 3 races on the first try with the difficulty cranked. Maybe the demo is set this way, but I recall the F4 demo being more challenging.

Vehicles
      TR Rabbit
      10-09-2012 01:10 PM #160
      I fell in love when they played the video at the beginning, it's like the scene as we know it!
      I root

10-09-2012 02:01 PM #161
      Played the demo. Just not feeling the game. I can't put my finger on it but there are a few things that makes me lose interest. I don't like the feel of the cars...its mushy. Not sure if i need to change a setting like tcs. The cars aren't responding like I'd like them to. Not feeling the music and I spin records. The traffic seems less than I was expecting so that's a plus. It's the cars stopped at the intersections that felt like a cheap way to add difficulty. With the lighting glare and fast speeds, I don't see them until I'm already on top of them.

I didn't see the rest of the pack being effected by the traffic . They seemed to cruise right around without getting off track or hitting them. Maybe I just need to play more to see that but the leader drove like he knew where the cars were. I was hoping for my original opinion to change after playing the demo but it didn't. It's a good looking game but I clearly enjoy the sim type racing more. I'd be wasting my money if I purchased this one. It just makes me want to play Fm4. I've yet to find a game that holds my interest as much. My bank account could use the rest anyways.
      XBL: Skip Fourplay

GO SHARKS!!!

Vehicles
      2004 Volvo S60R, 2003 Volvo V70 2.4T
      10-09-2012 03:09 PM #162

I saw this car while playing the demo today. The bottom parts (Diffuser, skirts, etc) are gold or yellowish or something, and the car was, not joking, being driven by McDonald. A red and yellow car being driven by a guy named McDonald.

Quote Originally Posted by VR6GTI72 View Post
      Played the demo. Just not feeling the game. I can't put my finger on it but there are a few things that makes me lose interest. I don't like the feel of the cars...its mushy. Not sure if i need to change a setting like tcs. The cars aren't responding like I'd like them to. Not feeling the music and I spin records. The traffic seems less than I was expecting so that's a plus. It's the cars stopped at the intersections that felt like a cheap way to add difficulty. With the lighting glare and fast speeds, I don't see them until I'm already on top of them.

I didn't see the rest of the pack being effected by the traffic . They seemed to cruise right around without getting off track or hitting them. Maybe I just need to play more to see that but the leader drove like he knew where the cars were. I was hoping for my original opinion to change after playing the demo but it didn't. It's a good looking game but I clearly enjoy the sim type racing more. I'd be wasting my money if I purchased this one. It just makes me want to play Fm4. I've yet to find a game that holds my interest as much. My bank account could use the rest anyways.
      My Official Demo Thoughts:

Packaging, Menu, Feel:

Very Dirt-esque. The game certainly has a "bro" feel to it. I half expected to find Tanner Foust or Travis Pastrana in the events. But I like it...it's very X-Games like, kind of how Dirt 2 and 3 had gotten, but doesn't overdo it with X-Games this and "Whoa, dude" that. Enough "bro" to be a cool story, but not so "bro" that I feel CSB.

Graphics:

Wow. They are spectacular. I've never driven a game where the entire environment felt so vast, yet so intricate. It feels like a gigantic open world with Dirt environment graphics. There is a lot going on and it all looks good. No slowdown whatsoever, the cars look fantastic, the lighting is spectacular. Zero complaints.

Sound:

My only beef with the game. There are channels to listen to, like PGR used to have in PRG2, but no matter how low I set the music, it seemed that the music always was in the forefront of the sound. I want to hear the cars, I don't care about the "DJ" aspect of the game, but as I said, it's a "bro" game, so I understand what they were going for.

I had set the music to 10, while SFX was still at 20, and I had to have my receiver at about +5 db over where I usually keep it for games, and STILL the cars sounded quiet. Not muffled, and the sounds were good, they simply seemed to be background noise rather than foreground sound.

Physics:

Forza hardcore racers are all btching that they physics are not "realistic" enough. I am a Forza hardcore, and if I bought FM5 and it had these physics, I'd be pissed. However, in an open world environment with traffic, and a decidedly arcade feeling game, these physics are perfect. The car never really gets out of whack, where you have to keep re-correcting for back and forth tank-slapper action; the cars simply do what you want them to. The connection between driver and car is superb; I felt like the car was an extension of myself. The gravel and dirt roads feel loose, but not disconnected, the roads give a decidedly different feel of traction, and the cars rotate as you'd expect them to. These physics are not real, but they are really fun. They turn every driver into a hero.

Layout:

Menu and Game Layout has always been, in my opinion, a strength of both the Dirt series and the Forza series. I've always found the menus intuitive in Forza, and the 3D environmental menus in Codemaster games are a welcome breath of fresh air. Translating that intuition to an open world concept has been done flawlessly, from what I have seen so far. There are several different systems going on, including points, money, collectable items, and so on.

It appears one of the collectable objects are signs scattered around the landscape. There are 100 of them, and each represents a 1% discount on upgrades. So if you do your due diligence, you can end up not paying for upgrades on your cars. The idea of getting something for your collectable is something I've always enjoyed in games. I hate collecting objects just to get a car I really don't care about that much, or just an achievement. Don't get me wrong, I love achievements, but I love 100% discounts even more.

World:

As I said in the graphics section, the world from a visual standpoint is excellent. The demo has a very good mix of terrain, different road types, and visual elements. I enjoyed every single part of the world I was able to drive on, and when I had driven all of the world, I was barely at 5% of the roads available, according to the counter. I think it said around 10 or 12 roads of 220 discovered, so it's fairly large, although I'm not sure quite as large as TDU2. It definitely feels alive, too. One good thing about T10 making the game is that the extra cars, although not badged, don't feel out of place and look like real life cars. I saw numerous Suburbans and SUVs in my brief travels.

Overall:

Overall, I was far more excited about Assassin's Creed 3 coming into this morning, but Forza Horizon has usurped it with only 30 minutes of gameplay. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and feel that nothing, except perhaps the sound, was done incorrectly. If I had to rate the demo, I'd give it a 10 out of 10, and say that Forza Horizon appears to have rocketed to the top of Open World Racers. Just from the demo, I feel confident in saying this will likely be the best open world arcade racer ever made.
      2004 Volvo S60R
      2003 Volvo V70 2.4T

Vehicles
      2004 Cooper
      10-09-2012 04:47 PM #163
      DL'ing demo now, fingers crossed

lolololololol it's Dirt 4 Yes, I adjusted the settings.

"What's happenin' yo? Blah blah blah for reals!"

It just makes me want to play Fm4
      Last edited by CJ318; 10-09-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Vehicles
      335i | zx6r
      10-09-2012 07:07 PM #164
      Quote Originally Posted by CJ318 View Post
      DL'ing demo now, fingers crossed

lolololololol it's Dirt 4 Yes, I adjusted the settings.

"What's happenin' yo? Blah blah blah for reals!"
      After I just watched a movie I realized the demo was out today... Its downloading slow

Vehicles
      Cars are dumb in the city but I have two
      10-09-2012 07:21 PM #165
      Diggin the demo. It's fun. Look forward to the full game. Still not gonna pre order
      I'll get it when I have the money maybe. B day or Xmas both coming soon

It would be nice to be able to chose from the 3 cars you have for the free roam. But it is just the demo
      I'm already close to a million credits. What the hell am I sposed to do wit dat?

Also look forward to seeing some more of the rivals that I know on there. Worked through a lot this morning and on to some that,like was said earlier seemed made up

I do wish they had brought over the dirt damage engine
      But all in all a good demo for what should be a fun game

Vehicles
      335i | zx6r
      10-09-2012 07:47 PM #166
      Not sure how I feel...

10-09-2012 07:51 PM #167
      Not sure who is using a wheel. I'm on a controller and it felt too vague. I'm wondering if its better with a wheel, not that I'd buy one but maybe force feedback has a better feel of the car rather than numb controller vibrations.
      XBL: Skip Fourplay

GO SHARKS!!!

28. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      LEAF for the weekdays, E9 for the weekend
      10-09-2012 09:16 PM #168
      Not sure who is using a wheel. I'm on a controller and it felt too vague. I'm wondering if its better with a wheel, not that I'd buy one but maybe force feedback has a better feel of the car rather than numb controller vibrations.
      I'm using a Fanatec Turbo S, and it's fine. The cars are a little vague and floaty, but the force feedback makes up for it.

All in all, I like it. I didn't have super high expectations, so this was a pleasant surprise. It's arcadey, but the cars generally act as they should.

The whole thing reminds me of Dirt, which is good, since I enjoyed those games (except Dirt 1, and showdown or whatever it was called).
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      PRJCT.:R Chronicles l What I do in my free time.
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

Vehicles
      2004 Volvo S60R, 2003 Volvo V70 2.4T
      10-09-2012 09:34 PM #169
      Quote Originally Posted by Brendan@bwalkauto View Post
      I'm using a Fanatec Turbo S, and it's fine. The cars are a little vague and floaty, but the force feedback makes up for it.

All in all, I like it. I didn't have super high expectations, so this was a pleasant surprise. It's arcadey, but the cars generally act as they should.

The whole thing reminds me of Dirt, which is good, since I enjoyed those games (except Dirt 1, and showdown or whatever it was called).
      WHAT?!?!?! Dirt 1 was the best of all of them. It was Rally Racing.
      2004 Volvo S60R
      2003 Volvo V70 2.4T

Vehicles
      2009 Wrong Wheel Drive Crapalier
      10-09-2012 09:38 PM #170
      Played the demo, thought it was meh... That being said, I will still purchase the collectors edition

As a huge fan of the Forza series, I hope this does not delay a true Forza sequel.
      F1
      RED BULL Racing Formula One
      Final Gear

"Here's a couple things America got right; cars and freedom"

31. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      LEAF for the weekdays, E9 for the weekend
      10-09-2012 09:38 PM #171
      Because it was rally racing, I wanted to love it. Physics engine just pissed me off.
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      PRJCT.:R Chronicles l What I do in my free time.
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

Vehicles
      MB 500SE AMG, Ford Focus ZX3, Loyale wagon, Mitsu pickup, Yamaha R6
      10-09-2012 10:33 PM #172
      Quote Originally Posted by Brendan@bwalkauto View Post
      Because it was rally racing, I wanted to love it. Physics engine just pissed me off.
      This. I loved the way all the dirt games looked, but they played like pure crap.

It sounds like I'm not going to enjoy FH. If it plays like dirt its going to be horrible. I don't want the cars to be easy to drive, I want all of the car. If they used straight up FM4 physics it would have been perfect, but it doesn't sound like they left well enough alone.

Will play later tonight.

33. Member
      10-10-2012 12:30 AM #173
      I dislike how many Dirt assets Playground used for this game (menus, stupid cameras flopping around during cutscenes, the whole festival vibe and narration / commentary), and I especially miss my rock solid tear-free 60 fps, but I did enjoy the demo. I think I'm going to like this game an awful lot, especially just driving around discovering roads like I did in TDU.

Rivals stuff might be less enjoyable for me though, I already didn't appreciate finishing a race around 20 car lengths behind napkinn's ghost on the one race... I know he's consistently faster than me in FM4, but I've never been walked in FM4 like I did in that one FH race.

10-10-2012 03:39 AM #174
      Played it, hated it, uninstalled it.

^
      Pretty much sums it up for me. You'll either hate it or love it. It's fun and something new, but I can't see myself spending days on end like I do with 1-4.

Vehicles
      mk2 coupe,12 Turbo beetle
      10-10-2012 10:16 AM #175
      DL-ed last night havent played it. I hope you can turn off the acrade-nes and turn on more of the sim stuff like fm4
      12.2@116mph-293whp305wtq 22psi stock aba-AC-DD My Jetta
      Current Want list-sunroof delete,paint
      Fifteen52 - Urotuning https://www.facebook.com/PanzerPerformance

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast