Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 21 of 21

    Thread: Right Rear Reflector

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 21st, 2009
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      222
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/Golf R
      05-17-2012 01:49 PM #1
      Has anyone noticed if their right rear reflector is a little more flexible then the left? My right reflector can be pushed in a bit, im not sure if this is supposed to be like that or is a tab not all the way in or worse
      Current Car - 2012 Rising Blue VW Golf R
      Revo Stage 1

      Old Cars - 2007 CW GTI, 2001 Gold GTI, 92 Eagle Talon

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Burlington, NC
      Posts
      3,663
      Vehicles
      '14 CC R-Line, '12 Golf R
      05-17-2012 01:51 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by MichaelRB View Post
      Has anyone noticed if their right rear reflector is a little more flexible then the left? My right reflector can be pushed in a bit, im not sure if this is supposed to be like that or is a tab not all the way in or worse
      Your car is probably going to fall apart next time you drive it.



    3. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 21st, 2009
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      222
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/Golf R
      05-17-2012 01:55 PM #3
      I'm just curious lol. i have my 90-day check up coming up next month. I want to make a list of things just in case.
      Last edited by MichaelRB; 05-17-2012 at 09:10 PM.
      Current Car - 2012 Rising Blue VW Golf R
      Revo Stage 1

      Old Cars - 2007 CW GTI, 2001 Gold GTI, 92 Eagle Talon

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 21st, 2009
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      222
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/Golf R
      05-17-2012 09:50 PM #4
      anyone?
      Current Car - 2012 Rising Blue VW Golf R
      Revo Stage 1

      Old Cars - 2007 CW GTI, 2001 Gold GTI, 92 Eagle Talon

    5. Member Jay07GLI's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2007
      Location
      Springfield, MA
      Posts
      343
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, RB, 4DR, Loaded
      05-17-2012 10:21 PM #5
      Mine doesn't have this issue. They're both tight. I would have them look at it.

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 6th, 2012
      Location
      Gainesville, VA
      Posts
      621
      Vehicles
      Past: 1988 Chevy Nova, 1997 Jetta Trek, 2000 Isuzu Rodeo, 2003 Jetta GLX, Current: 2012 Golf R
      05-17-2012 10:59 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Jay07GLI View Post
      Mine doesn't have this issue. They're both tight. I would have them look at it.
      x2
      Golf R CSG 4dr Nav/Sunroof

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 9th, 2012
      Location
      Fort Irwin, California
      Posts
      224
      Vehicles
      Stage3+ 07' B7 RS4/Stock 13' Corolla S/Stage 2+ 12' Golf R (SOLD)
      05-17-2012 11:34 PM #7
      That wouldn't concern me as much as the oversized gaps between body panels and the seperation of my windshielf seal from the winshield washer housing or the oil leak from my oil filter housing or the squeeling noise my fans make when my car is running after being shut off to cool off the ac condenser. Yeah, I have that many problems
      APR Stage III+, Gruppe M Intake, Bilstien PSS10, StopTech Trophys, Full Milltek, Custom Hertz Audio, JL subs, HRE P47 Mono block forged Wheels

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 21st, 2009
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      222
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/Golf R
      05-18-2012 08:59 AM #8
      ugh, so im probably going to wait till my 90 day at the end of june to have them look at it. Im kind of feeling like maybe a tab is broken because the right side of the rear reflector has way to much play. Maybe its just not seated properly or something, Im not sure but im not too confident in fooling around with that.
      Current Car - 2012 Rising Blue VW Golf R
      Revo Stage 1

      Old Cars - 2007 CW GTI, 2001 Gold GTI, 92 Eagle Talon

    9. 05-18-2012 11:17 AM #9
      i have this "issue", I usually notice it after I drive the car like i stole it... I dont know if driving it hard makes the rear diffuser flex more and push that reflector in, but whatever, not a big deal for me.

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 21st, 2009
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      222
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/Golf R
      05-18-2012 11:58 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Deezz_Nuttzz View Post
      i have this "issue", I usually notice it after I drive the car like i stole it... I dont know if driving it hard makes the rear diffuser flex more and push that reflector in, but whatever, not a big deal for me.
      Leave me and my race car driving skills out of it its not a huge issue just little quirks that when i notice it bothers me. lol
      Current Car - 2012 Rising Blue VW Golf R
      Revo Stage 1

      Old Cars - 2007 CW GTI, 2001 Gold GTI, 92 Eagle Talon

    11. Member Angina's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2002
      Posts
      6,831
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      05-18-2012 12:03 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by MichaelRB View Post
      ugh, so im probably going to wait till my 90 day at the end of june to have them look at it. Im kind of feeling like maybe a tab is broken because the right side of the rear reflector has way to much play. Maybe its just not seated properly or something, Im not sure but im not too confident in fooling around with that.
      lay a towel down, and lay under the rear diffusor. you should be able to see the rear of the reflector..there are two tabs holding it in place.

    12. 05-18-2012 01:22 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by MichaelRB View Post
      Leave me and my race car driving skills out of it its not a huge issue just little quirks that when i notice it bothers me. lol
      lol, i'll tell ya what, afterwork I will take pictures of the underside of the diffuser and in return can you do the same?

      none of the clips are broken nor are they 'un-clipped' when i notice this, i can reach under to the rear of the reflector and push it out to realign it but nothing ever gets unclipped or loose, so ionno

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 21st, 2009
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      222
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/Golf R
      05-18-2012 01:29 PM #13
      Ok, I will too. I should be getting it washed after work so ill post some pics in general too
      Current Car - 2012 Rising Blue VW Golf R
      Revo Stage 1

      Old Cars - 2007 CW GTI, 2001 Gold GTI, 92 Eagle Talon

    14. Member lobuzz311's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 12th, 2011
      Location
      San Jose, CA
      Posts
      917
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2011 Ford Explorer
      01-08-2013 01:42 PM #14
      Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but my rear right reflector actually fell out somewhere!
      I came back from a VERY spirited drive, and when I parked my car, I noticed that it had fallen out somewhere. This is really annoying, as those stupid things cost about $40, and I had mine smoked, so that's an additional cost.

      Now I'm not sure whether it's the driving that did it, or the fact that I just installed a sub on that side of the trunk... Either way, I need a new one, since now you can see the bumper where it used to be, and it looks like absolute crap.

      Does anyone have a way to look up the part # for me? I was hoping to find it online for less than the dealer's price...
      2012 Golf R - Candy White 4-door (Build Thread)

    15. Member VW_König's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 27th, 2011
      Posts
      934
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      01-08-2013 01:48 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by sicgolfrowner View Post
      That wouldn't concern me as much as the oversized gaps between body panels and the seperation of my windshielf seal from the winshield washer housing or the oil leak from my oil filter housing or the squeeling noise my fans make when my car is running after being shut off to cool off the ac condenser. Yeah, I have that many problems
      how are you addressing those issues with the dealer with all the mods that you have done?

    16. Member mrbill562's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2011
      Location
      Richmond, VA
      Posts
      134
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R | 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring
      01-08-2013 01:51 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by lobuzz311 View Post
      Does anyone have a way to look up the part # for me? I was hoping to find it online for less than the dealer's price...
      This? -> http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-...tor/ES2554007/
      440 million years ago there was an ice age that lasted 500,000 years. Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide levels were an order of magnitude higher than today. When you can explain that, I'll get serious about reducing my carbon footprint. Until then, I'm keeping the car.

    17. Member lobuzz311's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 12th, 2011
      Location
      San Jose, CA
      Posts
      917
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2011 Ford Explorer
      01-08-2013 06:28 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by mrbill562 View Post
      Thanks

      Turns out, they are going to replace it under warranty, since it didn't fall out as a result of damage, but on its own.
      2012 Golf R - Candy White 4-door (Build Thread)

    18. Member autofi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 24th, 2011
      Location
      NY
      Posts
      500
      Vehicles
      urquattro,Golf R,4000q,EvoIX
      01-09-2013 10:31 AM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by MichaelRB View Post
      Has anyone noticed if their right rear reflector is a little more flexible then the left? My right reflector can be pushed in a bit, im not sure if this is supposed to be like that or is a tab not all the way in or worse
      Yes same here and found one of the tabs broken.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •