just out of curiosity Jay, why the cutout in the rad support, and not just a shorter radiator?
Those holes are not for drainage. As mentioned I will be adding support to the front motor mount and Those will be used for spot welds similar to the factory setup just a whole lot stronger. Once the filler tub is welded in place and I figure out exactly where the rad is going to sit ill add a couple holes for drainage purposes..
Got the new radiator tub all welded in and pretty much ready for body work.. Fun fun.
Hello tobi Miss you bud! Maybe arrange a visit soon?
Thanks guys I'm def pretty happy with how the rad setup has come along so far.
Jodi, Check page 2 silly
I have totally missed this, very good build. Really like the out come this far.
83 Rabbit TD-CAT themed diesel http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...+themed+rabbit
04 Jetta sport TDI-Daily
02 Jetta 1.8t-Wifes
Not too much exciting happening the last few days.. Got my motor mounts pressed in and tinkered a little bit today.. Ever have one of those days in the shop when your there for a good while and don't get anything done? Ahahaha yeah that was my day today
Decided I wanted to hide my hood latch hardware
Also decided to work on my intake manifold abit. The casting was def very rough and I also had to port match a little bit to the head. Got about 3/4's of the way done and ran out of sanding disks..
Next up was getting the broken/stripped studs out of my exhaust manifold.. Got all but 2 out. Even with heat they ended up breaking so I'll have to drill and helicoil them. I slapped it on the head and bolted on the downpipe for the hell of it.
I'm really shooting to spray some
More primer in the bay and have the motor mocked up by the end of this coming week.. We'll see what happens
Well ive Been getting some stuff done on the car, slow and steady but making progress nonetheless..
I finished up the body work on the rad support area and decided to spray some primer on it.
From there I thought I should just go ahead and hit the whole bay. There were a bunch of bare metal spots from sanding, plus the spots i had to fix where the seam sealer had failed originally..
Also did a bit of work in the rain tray. This will get some more attention but it was nice to see it in primer finally.
Next I had been kinda stressing over how I was going to secure the wiring once it was ran in the wheel well.. I didn't want to weld studs and mess up the body work I had done in the bay.. I was weary of using any sort of adhesive clamps.. Well yesterday it popped into my head to just run the wiring a bit higher in the wheel well and use the fender mounting surface. So I ended up drilling a couple holes and welding studs facing down that will later be used to bolt p clamps to. Once that was done I went ahead and coated the inner wings with POR15
Lastly I was messing around trying to find a good spot for my ignition coil.. I had initially thought of putting it in the rain tray but all my msd stuff will be going in there and it's def a bit packed once I tried to find a good spot for the coil.. I think it may end up here..
well that's it for now. I just got a couple more parts in the mail and more on the way so like I said. Slow and steady
So stoked for this to be coming together Jay Byrd.....keep up the great werk...
Good thought Doyle, little stuff like that is exactly why I want to mock the motor up first so I don't end up
This Sunday could be a big day, I went and retrieved our engine hoist today after work, so now I can lift the motor off the stand, get my clutch assembly on and attach the trans. YAHH!!