Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Sportswagen ordering question!

Vehicles
      2009 BMW 328i Montego Blue
      05-17-2012 09:13 PM #1
      I was wondering if it is possible to order a Sportwagen TDI with the 17" rims that come with the package when you order the panoramic sunroof package?

I really like the upgraded 17" rims but I don't necessarily want to panoramic sunroof.

THX

2. 05-17-2012 09:48 PM #2
      I have some wheels off a 2012 TDI with Pano that are in great shape... No road rash at all. 3,000 miles on them.

If interested I would sell them to you?

3. Member
      05-18-2012 12:45 PM #3
      VWoA has gone to a limited number of option combinations over the last couple of years, and the only way your car will be built with the wheels is if the sunroof package is selected.

There are several ways you can get around that:

-Order your car with the wheels as "port added accessories". You'll pay an inflated price and get whatever crappy OE tire they're using at the port that day.

-By the same type of package through the dealer (or just the wheels) and see if you can get a discount built into the deal.

-Buy significantly discounted wheels through a forum vender like kefferparts.com, getvwparts.com, or vwpartsdepartment.com (who has them for about $280 each). Order a set of better-than-stock tires of your choice from Tire Rack.

-Buy a set of used wheels through the 5 x 112 Wheel Classifieds section.

Vehicles
      '09 sportwagen tdi, '95 e36 m3, '04 530i sport
      05-19-2012 02:13 AM #4
      'SportWagen'
      PNWfahren - Pacific Northwest Regional Car Enthusiast Forum Community
      2009 VW SportWagen TDI info, mods, & pics =-=-= 1995 BMW M3 coupe
      driven: The Ridge Motorsports Park, Pacific Raceways, Portland International Raceway, Oregon Raceway Park, Nürburgring Nordschleife, Harris Hill Road

Vehicles
      2012 JSW TDi CW Titan 6MT Pano Nav Portos, Malone 1.5
      05-19-2012 05:53 PM #5
      Your info doesn't indicate where you live. If in a northern clime and needed snows, keep the oem wheels and tires and wear'em out then put on snows and you've got your winter set. Order some aftermarket wheels and then head to TireRack for rubber. You can find a lot of replicas that look great. My Portos are going on the block when the OEM Contis are worn out. Cheers