I have an ’87 BMW E30 325is race car up for sale. The car has had its interior removed and a roll bar installed, so it is a track car and not a daily driver. The body is straight with a few minor imperfections, and the original engine is strong and well maintained. The car comes with a few boxes of takeoffs and spare parts. I don’t recall all of what’s in them, but they’re included. I bought the car with the full intention of starting HPDE in NASA or PASA, but I recently got married and now my free time isn’t as plentiful.
Car was used by the previous owner for autocross and BMWCCA club racing. Would be a perfect HPDE car, instructor’s car, TT or race car.
I’m willing to consider trades if you have a well-sorted daily driver (E30 or E36 BMW, A3 GTI, VR6 Golf/Jetta, B5 A4) that’s a manual transmission with working a/c and a record of preventative maintenance. I prefer coupes, but am willing to look at sedans.
Recently did some maintenance work and replaced the seats and harnesses with new items. Car is posted on the NASA and BMW websites, too.
1987 BMW 325is coupe 129,700 miles
- Schwartz Black, straight body and good paint
- Interior gutted, w/new FIA certified, 10/2011 dated, Sabelt Duo seats and side mount brackets on both the driver and passenger side
- New G-Force 5 point harnesses, 07 & 08/2011 dated (uninstalled)
- New water pump @ 128,546
- New timing belt, tensioner, alt & ps belts, radiator hoses 05/2012
- Fresh oil, and coolant (distilled water and Water Wetter) 05/2012
- 3” custom aluminized exhaust
- Cold air intake, with removed headlight air feed
- New engine & transmission mounts @ 128,590
- New t-stat & hoses, valve adjustment and electric fan conversion @ 128,500
- Replaced ABS unit @ 128,508 (used)
- Kosei K-1 wheels w/ new 205/50R15 Falken Azenis RT615s
- Eibach front strut brace
- Front brake ducts w/piping to back of rotors
- AutoPower bolt in roll cage
- Turner Motorsport J-Sport suspension system (http://www.turnermotorsport.com/BMW-...spensions.aspx) includes: Revalved Bilstein shocks, TMS J-Sport springs, Suspension Techniques swaybars (22/19mm) w/poly bushings, adjustable links
- Turner Motorsport Conforti performance chip
- Momo steering wheel & shift knob
- Electric shut off switch
- 5 panel Wink rear view mirror
- I/O Port camera mount for roll cage tube
Includes new OEM rotors and Hawk HT10 (front)/HP+ (rear) brake pads (not installed), and a liter of ATE Super Blue fluid. Comes with two OEM oil filters, new drain plug, drain plug washers, spare brake light switch (new), valve cover gasket, and other misc new parts.
Car is near race-ready. The new owner will just need to get the seats positioned to their liking, install the new harnesses, and you should be ready to go!
Asking $5500 OBO
Private message me here or e-mail me at phx.kpt (at) gmail.com.
More pictures here