Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Body Kit Questions

Vehicles
      2006 Passat Lux 3.6L
      05-19-2012 10:39 PM #1
      Hey guys, I have a 2006 Lux 3.6 in Granite Green and I just bought the Votex side skirts and was wondering what you all thought on throwing a R-Line front clip on or just staying with the Votex? I'm looking for the best bang for my buck on the front clip and that would probably be the deciding factor.

I eventually also would like to move over to dual exhaust on the rear and would want something that would match the rear clip pretty well.

Any thoughts?
      Last edited by Dostovel; 05-20-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Vehicles
      2010 Candy White Passat 2.0 TSI
      05-19-2012 11:31 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Dostovel View Post
      Hey guys, I have a 2006 Lux 3.6 in Granite Green and I just bought the Vortex side skirts and was wondering what you all thought on throwing a R-Line front clip on or just staying with the Vortex? I'm looking for the best bang for my buck on the front clip and that would probably be the deciding factor.

I eventually also would like to move over to dual exhaust on the rear and would want something that would match the rear clip pretty well.

Any thoughts?
      If you want the best bang for ur buck I would return or cancel the order on the the votex sides (if that is still an option). The next step would be to purchase some hi def sides@~$200 and an rline front lip@~200

Personally I don't really care for the votex sides. Also I prefer the votex front over rline

Just My 2 pennies

Track5tar is running that setup i suggested and it looks great!

Unitronic Stage 2 -- 42DD 3" catless downpipe -- APR Intercooler -- Unitronic Intake -- BSH Throttle Pipe -- AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe -- Unitronic DV Relocation -- Votex front lip -- HiDef side skirts -- painted rear valence -- mkvi wheel w/DSG paddles -- DDM HID headlights -- Euro side markers -- Interior & licence plate LEDs -- Skyline style Euro Tail Lights -- Podi gauge and pod kit -- revision D diverter valve

Vehicles
      07 VW B6 4Mo Sedan
      05-19-2012 11:34 PM #3
      Imo:

Your color car the Votex lip would look awesome. Or the ebay one.

I've noticed the three VW kits (R/Votex/Hi-Def) all work together fairly well.

Bang for Buck:

R Line Front Valance $250
      High Def Side Skirts $200
      High Def Rear Bumper 4 Motion $250 (Clearance)

My Personal Choice for my black car:

R Line Front $250
      R Line Side Skirts $800
      R Line Rear Valance $540

Prices like that it's not happening anytime soon.
      I'll do the front and dream about the rest.

(thanks for posting some pics of that lip SD.)
      Last edited by BornČVW; 05-19-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Vehicles
      2010 Candy White Passat 2.0 TSI
      05-19-2012 11:49 PM #4
      This is mine

Votex front
      Hi def sides
      Stock painted rear
      And way too much wheel gap!

Unitronic Stage 2 -- 42DD 3" catless downpipe -- APR Intercooler -- Unitronic Intake -- BSH Throttle Pipe -- AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe -- Unitronic DV Relocation -- Votex front lip -- HiDef side skirts -- painted rear valence -- mkvi wheel w/DSG paddles -- DDM HID headlights -- Euro side markers -- Interior & licence plate LEDs -- Skyline style Euro Tail Lights -- Podi gauge and pod kit -- revision D diverter valve

Vehicles
      2006 Passat Lux 3.6L
      05-20-2012 06:48 PM #5
      Thanks for the pictures and input, guys! I got the Votex sides for $250 shipped not yet painted. We have a body shop at my dealership and they do great work which I'll get the hook up on big time. I got 20" wheels from a guy that traded his CC lease in. The wheels wouldn't have been my first choice by any means, but for $600 for all four with about 10k miles left on the tread of the tires, it was kind of a no brainer. Can I get some links for inexpensive front clips? I like the look of all of them but I think I may just go with the Votex front as well.
      Last edited by Dostovel; 05-20-2012 at 06:55 PM.