Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Helendorf Party Crashed

Vehicles
      B7 Audi A4 Quattro
      05-20-2012 02:06 AM #1
      A little too early to crash the fun, eh?
      Cops rolled in and management told everyone to leave or go into their hotel rooms.
      Between the "assault" on the Audi and the littering, maybe it did get a bit out of hand.
      Either way....
      Past: 1999.5 GTI, 2009 Jetta, 2009 Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Roketdriver View Post
      Toyota is kind of like the Black Eyed Peas. The majority of their product line is cars for people who don't like cars.

Vehicles
      (2) MKII aba swapped Jetta Coupes (One shaved bay), and a MKII VR swapped jetta 4door.
      05-20-2012 03:19 AM #2
      What happen to the audi
      Quote Originally Posted by dubbinmk2 View Post
      small doors = old school
      8 out of 10 is all your getting outta me.......

I Like Primer does my body..................Work.

Vehicles
      1999.5 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro, 2001 Audi 1.8T Q
      05-20-2012 04:51 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by GTiVR6Banger View Post
      What happen to the audi
      X's 2!! And wich audi was it because a few of my boys r there with theres

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      05-20-2012 05:30 PM #4
      I heard there were tasers. Truth?
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

Vehicles
      2009 Volkswagen Golf
      05-20-2012 05:53 PM #5
      I heard the dude was like 7'4"/400lbs
      Quote Originally Posted by Egz View Post
      I just learned there is crazy, and then there is Pentax
      Flickr | Become a fan on Facebook

Vehicles
      91 L90E Jetta & 98 LY9G a4
      05-20-2012 05:55 PM #6
      glad we left when we did, jesus.
      N I N E - F O O T E R S

Vehicles
      '87 Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
      05-20-2012 06:04 PM #7
      Wow, I'm interested to know what happened to the Audi as well, and which one. We left the Helendorf probably around 1am or so. Seemed like it was dying down a bit once the whole boobs-for-free-tshirts gig shut down, hahaha
      My current project: 1987 Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
      My previous project: 1984 Mk1 Rabbit GTI 16v

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Audi S4
      05-20-2012 07:26 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Slacker20 View Post
      Wow, I'm interested to know what happened to the Audi as well, and which one. We left the Helendorf probably around 1am or so. Seemed like it was dying down a bit once the whole boobs-for-free-tshirts gig shut down, hahaha
      It was a black A6 on Rotiform cast BLQs, I think he ran over a dudes foot pulling into the hotel and that's what started it all.
      '11 Audi S4

Vehicles
      96 Cabby, 65 type 1, 03 B5.5 wagon
      05-20-2012 07:37 PM #9
      Curious to hear the entire story.

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3
      05-20-2012 07:48 PM #10
      I was standing on the balcony and saw pretty much the whole thing...I'm pretty sure the dudes foot got run over because hey, you'd usually want to get away from a slow moving car...anyway, he slammed the dudes trunk hard with a fist and went to the driver's window and him and his buddy reached in the window and tried to put the car in park (he reached in pretty far for something) and/or take the keys out...he punched the driver through the window a couple times and kept telling him to get out, eventually the driver got the car away from the crowd and he parked in the back parking lot...not too sure if anything else happened, I went down to where the car parked and didn't see anything...I don't know the driver but I'm sure it was an accident...the dude that punched the **** outta his trunk seemed drunk as hell...felt bad for the driver but hey, sowo crazyness happens

...loved the tee shirt "giveaway" though

Sent from a rotary telephone
      Last edited by wide_mk1; 05-20-2012 at 07:53 PM.

11. 05-20-2012 08:05 PM #11
      What time was this at?

12. 05-20-2012 08:08 PM #12
      before or after Deadmau5 is the question
      S3 magazine, Oct '10 issue PVW American AllStars and Oct '10 issue of Eurotuner
      BASF Lifetime Cert, BASF Advanced color match cert, ASE cert, I-Car platinum cert
      Driving Instructor for Porsche Club of America, Tracks Unlimited, Hooked on Driving, Forged Performance and Monticello.
      Unitronic's Atlanta Dealer

13. 05-20-2012 09:37 PM #13
      helendorf is over rated i will not waste time or money there

Vehicles
      325xi touring
      05-20-2012 09:48 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by 423RS$ View Post
      i was really happy at the hotel next to big daddys, great fun/less drama

Vehicles
      A1, A3
      05-20-2012 10:55 PM #15
      I don't think anyone was tased. I was a few feet from a stressed out cop put a taser to a guys chest before arresting him, but he didn't actually get blasted with it. This guy was standing in the parking lot minding his own business when the cops showed up. Someone near him (who many of you know of) was screaming "f*ck you cops" and things like that at the top of his lungs. Cop ran up and grabbed the wrong guy. Very unprofessional.
      |CHA BOI|KHROME|RIMZOS|
      |Instagram: DEMRIMZ|

|my build|

Vehicles
      1999.5 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro, 2001 Audi 1.8T Q
      05-20-2012 11:17 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by upoo2 View Post
      I don't think anyone was tased. I was a few feet from a stressed out cop put a taser to a guys chest before arresting him, but he didn't actually get blasted with it. This guy was standing in the parking lot minding his own business when the cops showed up. Someone near him (who many of you know of) was screaming "f*ck you cops" and things like that at the top of his lungs. Cop ran up and grabbed the wrong guy. Very unprofessional.
      Yea that is unprofessional, but there was no need for the dumb a$$ to be shouting that out!! Trust me, I have mixed feelings about some cops but Im here for the show Feel bad for the guy but hey, he can say he got tazzed at the 2012 show

17. Banned
      Vehicles
      no dubs :(
      05-21-2012 01:38 AM #17

Vehicles
      blue *****magnet
      05-21-2012 02:58 AM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by wide_mk1 View Post
      I was standing on the balcony and saw pretty much the whole thing...I'm pretty sure the dudes foot got run over because hey, you'd usually want to get away from a slow moving car...anyway, he slammed the dudes trunk hard with a fist and went to the driver's window and him and his buddy reached in the window and tried to put the car in park (he reached in pretty far for something) and/or take the keys out...he punched the driver through the window a couple times and kept telling him to get out, eventually the driver got the car away from the crowd and he parked in the back parking lot...not too sure if anything else happened, I went down to where the car parked and didn't see anything...I don't know the driver but I'm sure it was an accident...the dude that punched the **** outta his trunk seemed drunk as hell...felt bad for the driver but hey, sowo crazyness happens

...loved the tee shirt "giveaway" though

Sent from a rotary telephone
      Only the second guy threw a punch and he made very solid contact. I was standing about 10 feet from the audi when it happened.
      Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
      lower than zimmy and no issues.

Vehicles
      04 .:R
      05-21-2012 06:42 AM #19
      Maybe it had something to do with that little go-kart. just kidding, that thing was a huge hit.

Helendorf party FTW. every night.
      Last edited by SpotVW; 05-21-2012 at 06:48 AM.
      South Jersey area? Check out this meet --> http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-area-GTG-v2.0

Vehicles
      JTI/Jolf/GTI whatever you wanna call it.
      05-21-2012 08:34 AM #20
      crazy how stories grow into something completely different than what they actually were. I was told that some dude in an audi hit somebody with his car. Then they both started a fist fight which resulted in a huge brawl, then that was when cops showed up tasing people. Then after that you were either ejected from the Helendorf or confined to your rooms. It would suck to have your foot run over but thats what insurance is for. The pay off he would get would be way better than trying to fight about it. Who knows, he could have had some blq's on his ride next year if he didnt act a fool. Oh well, thats drunk dumbasses for you. Main reason why I have camped 2 years straight. Peace and quiet...
      Im not a ricer. Im lo mein.

Vehicles
      REVO STGIII S3 K04 06' PG GLI, C2 97' GLX
      05-21-2012 09:45 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by 423RS$ View Post
      Chapter 11 Dubs
      Revo STGIII Kegerator
      Quote Originally Posted by jhines_06gli View Post
      I fix Pete's car to keep cold, cheap beer flowing for the club at shows.

22. 05-21-2012 11:11 AM #22
      Yea I talked to the guy with the Audi. Him his girlfriend and two friends drove down from QUEBEC. And then that d-bag decided to be a prick and punch him in the face while the dude was in his car like a *****Here is how SOWO ended. He probably only weighed about 140lbs and the dude that hit him had to be close to 240.

And as for the shirts for tits show, those dudes almost got knocked out by me. When my girlfriend says no, that doesn't mean ask her 3 more times. It's flattering once or twice, after that it's disrespectful. He had about 2 more chances before he was on the ground. That's why spring break is for. It's like some people have never seen a set a tits before. It's pathetic.
      Last edited by s4boost; 05-21-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Vehicles
      VW Fox 16v
      05-21-2012 11:21 AM #23
      Glad I left at 2am I guess.. Funny that the Sprinter van made it through the parking lot twice without running anyone over though
      | œ Orchid Euro Importation œ |

Currently driving or working on too many cars...
      | '93 Fox 16v - PVW | '99 Greenland Polo Diesel | '89 Rallye Golf | '83 Golf GTi RHD | '75 Swallowtail |
      | '82 Caddy 1.9D | '85 VW LT Car Transporter | Mk2 Jetta Limo | '90 Jetta 8V | '96 VW LT35D | '03 SpintLT35 | '02 GTI 337 | '03 GTI 20v |
      | '09 Aprilia RS125 | '81 Kawasaki AR80 | '59 NSU Quickly | '64 Honda Cub C65 + '65 C105 | Trek Madone 7.9 | Trek Crockett 9 |

Vehicles
      04 Platinum GLI
      05-21-2012 12:16 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by s4boost View Post
      And as for the shirts for tits show, those dudes almost got knocked out by me. When my girlfriend says no, that doesn't mean ask her 3 more times. It's flattering once or twice, after that it's disrespectful. He had about 2 more chances before he was on the ground. That's why spring break is for. It's like some people have never seen a set a tits before. It's pathetic.
      couldn't agree more... they pulled the same **** with my girlfriend, that's why we decided to leave. when she says no, that means back the f*ck up. lost all respect for the highway star garage peeps... not that i had that much for them in the first place though
      keith

euroskope.net

B-List Internet Celebrity

Vehicles
      1992 12V 1992 16V 2012 TDI
      05-21-2012 12:25 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by eurorice View Post
      couldn't agree more... they pulled the same **** with my girlfriend, that's why we decided to leave. when she says no, that means back the f*ck up. lost all respect for the highway star garage peeps... not that i had that much for them in the first place though

highway garage star?

LOL... wut?

Hellendorf's was a **** show, to say the least.

Oh... you have a mkV on air ride? How ****ing cool are you?! Let me go tell all my friends about it.

Vehicles
      your mom
      05-21-2012 01:37 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by the brit View Post
      Glad I left at 2am I guess.. Funny that the Sprinter van made it through the parking lot twice without running anyone over though

I was in it at the time, along with about 10 others, and was just as amazed at making it through the crowds

27. 05-21-2012 01:39 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by the brit View Post
      Damnit, I didnt see the sprinter wanted to see it since I've checked out your thread on TCL

28. Banned
      Vehicles
      05-21-2012 02:26 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by eurorice View Post
      the few outcasts we encountered were dickheads too.

question is, will the HELLendorf be full next year?

i guess everyone will be scrambling to book super 8 first and any other place, late comers will be stuck at the HELLendorf.

Vehicles
      To many to lsit
      05-21-2012 02:29 PM #29
      I personally have not stayed at the helendorf for the past 3 years for this crap alone

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      05-21-2012 02:33 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post
      the few outcasts we encountered were dickheads too.

question is, will the HELLendorf be full next year?

i guess everyone will be scrambling to book super 8 first and any other place, late comers will be stuck at the HELLendorf.

Everything in town will be booked, Helendorf included, this is now the biggest show in the States, and it is only continuing to grow at a pretty rapid pace.

BTW, Country Inn and Suites was cheap, clean, pretty nice, and fairly quiet

Vehicles
      JTI/Jolf/GTI whatever you wanna call it.
      05-21-2012 02:43 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by 71camaro View Post
      Everything in town will be booked, Helendorf included, this is now the biggest show in the States, and it is only continuing to grow at a pretty rapid pace.

Unfortunately if people cant grow up and handle there alcohol I could see Helen asking us to stay the Hell out. Bunch a high school idiots, obviously havent learned how to drink like a seasoned vet.
      Im not a ricer. Im lo mein.

Vehicles
      1992 12V 1992 16V 2012 TDI
      05-21-2012 02:49 PM #32

How do you figure?

While SoWo was an awesome turn out, and a large show, it still isn't anywhere close to the numbers that OC sees for h2o. While the show itself is dwindling down, the "show" which is the city, and the drag will continue just as strong as it had been.

33. Banned
      Vehicles
      05-21-2012 02:51 PM #33
      no i'm sure the HELLendorf will fill up, but just last this time since everyone seems to think it was HELL on earth

if people are getting tazed there, i'm def stayin there next year.

I def like observing - not participating. I have to admit though, it was super tempting to do the keg stand.

we stayed at a cabin outside town, kind of a waste. had a hot tub and all that shizzz but we were never there.

def stayin in town next year. but the town of Helen really embraces us and we need to keep that in mind - its def poss to have a sick ass time w/o pissing off the residents and businesses.

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      05-21-2012 02:53 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by BarryV View Post
      How do you figure?

While SoWo was an awesome turn out, and a large show, it still isn't anywhere close to the numbers that OC sees for h2o. While the show itself is dwindling down, the "show" which is the city, and the drag will continue just as strong as it had been.
      Talking pure numbers in registered attendance here, not the peripherals. Perhaps I should've been more clear on that.

Vehicles
      your mom
      05-21-2012 03:39 PM #35
      Talking pure numbers in registered attendance here, not the peripherals. Perhaps I should've been more clear on that.

It doesnt really matter what numbers you were referring to, calling it the biggest show in the US would still be wrong. I'd say its at #3, behind H20i and Waterfest, but a couple of the west coast shows might be close in 'actual' numbers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast