Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helendorf Party Crashed

Vehicles
      your mom
      05-21-2012 01:37 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by the brit View Post
      Glad I left at 2am I guess.. Funny that the Sprinter van made it through the parking lot twice without running anyone over though

I was in it at the time, along with about 10 others, and was just as amazed at making it through the crowds

2. 05-21-2012 01:39 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by the brit View Post
      Glad I left at 2am I guess.. Funny that the Sprinter van made it through the parking lot twice without running anyone over though
      Damnit, I didnt see the sprinter wanted to see it since I've checked out your thread on TCL

3. Banned
      Vehicles
      no dubs :(
      05-21-2012 02:26 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by eurorice View Post
      couldn't agree more... they pulled the same **** with my girlfriend, that's why we decided to leave. when she says no, that means back the f*ck up. lost all respect for the highway star garage peeps... not that i had that much for them in the first place though
      the few outcasts we encountered were dickheads too.

question is, will the HELLendorf be full next year?

i guess everyone will be scrambling to book super 8 first and any other place, late comers will be stuck at the HELLendorf.

Vehicles
      To many to lsit
      05-21-2012 02:29 PM #29
      I personally have not stayed at the helendorf for the past 3 years for this crap alone

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      05-21-2012 02:33 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post
      the few outcasts we encountered were dickheads too.

question is, will the HELLendorf be full next year?

i guess everyone will be scrambling to book super 8 first and any other place, late comers will be stuck at the HELLendorf.

Everything in town will be booked, Helendorf included, this is now the biggest show in the States, and it is only continuing to grow at a pretty rapid pace.

BTW, Country Inn and Suites was cheap, clean, pretty nice, and fairly quiet

Vehicles
      I dont even have a car. Im just here for sh!t$ and giggles.
      05-21-2012 02:43 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by 71camaro View Post
      Everything in town will be booked, Helendorf included, this is now the biggest show in the States, and it is only continuing to grow at a pretty rapid pace.

Unfortunately if people cant grow up and handle there alcohol I could see Helen asking us to stay the Hell out. Bunch a high school idiots, obviously havent learned how to drink like a seasoned vet.
      Instagram: @NINEFOOTERS

Vehicles
      1992 12V 1992 16V 2012 TDI
      05-21-2012 02:49 PM #32

How do you figure?

While SoWo was an awesome turn out, and a large show, it still isn't anywhere close to the numbers that OC sees for h2o. While the show itself is dwindling down, the "show" which is the city, and the drag will continue just as strong as it had been.

8. Banned
      Vehicles
      no dubs :(
      05-21-2012 02:51 PM #33
      no i'm sure the HELLendorf will fill up, but just last this time since everyone seems to think it was HELL on earth

if people are getting tazed there, i'm def stayin there next year.

I def like observing - not participating. I have to admit though, it was super tempting to do the keg stand.

we stayed at a cabin outside town, kind of a waste. had a hot tub and all that shizzz but we were never there.

def stayin in town next year. but the town of Helen really embraces us and we need to keep that in mind - its def poss to have a sick ass time w/o pissing off the residents and businesses.

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      05-21-2012 02:53 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by BarryV View Post
      How do you figure?

While SoWo was an awesome turn out, and a large show, it still isn't anywhere close to the numbers that OC sees for h2o. While the show itself is dwindling down, the "show" which is the city, and the drag will continue just as strong as it had been.
      Talking pure numbers in registered attendance here, not the peripherals. Perhaps I should've been more clear on that.

Vehicles
      your mom
      05-21-2012 03:39 PM #35
      Talking pure numbers in registered attendance here, not the peripherals. Perhaps I should've been more clear on that.

It doesnt really matter what numbers you were referring to, calling it the biggest show in the US would still be wrong. I'd say its at #3, behind H20i and Waterfest, but a couple of the west coast shows might be close in 'actual' numbers

Vehicles
      2003 1.8T Gti
      05-21-2012 03:50 PM #36
      haha the road way inn that was literally right across the bridge from the event area was lame.. no one was partying so me and my friends went to head down to the Helendorf because we herd that was were the party was at.. haha got distracted on the way there and stopped to meet some people and drink a little more..

then when we finally made it down there the cops were pulling up right before we crossed the street to go over..

started to walk back and ended up just partying on the street with a bunch of other people

Not sure if anyone else say the guy who was giving out high fives with his "hand-dick" thing xD

also met some bad ass dude from south Africa who gave me some of his brandy from South Africa...

Turned out to be a pretty awesome night even though the big party got shut down

Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI l Bagged 2010 GTI (Totaled) l 2007 GLI (Sold)
      05-21-2012 03:52 PM #37
      Personally, I was severely let down by the sets of tits I saw on Saturday night.

Vehicles
      VR6 Golf, 335i M sport
      05-21-2012 04:19 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_x700 View Post
      also met some bad ass dude from south Africa who gave me some of his brandy from South Africa...
      Grant!!!!

14. 05-21-2012 05:01 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Nuts View Post
      Personally, I was severely let down by the sets of tits I saw on Saturday night.
      Not many classy good looking girls expose themselves to hundreds of random guys. That's why my girlfriend kept her clothes on and dude
      Almost got laid out. He asked too many times. Another guy came up and said she's beautiful and then asked if I was her bf. then he told me shes beautiful, that's fine. No
      Disrespect there. Anything beyond that is disrespectful. I was raised in the south, respect is big
      Down here. I didnt see any good looking girls down there.

Vehicles
      2003 1.8T Gti
      05-21-2012 05:29 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by AWPower View Post
      Grant!!!!
      Haha yess!!!! oh man.. he was pretty awesome. i couldn't remember his name, probably doesnt help that i was pretty drunk when i met all these people...

Vehicles
      E36 M3
      05-21-2012 08:01 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_x700 View Post
      Yup Grant is one cool dude
      @aye_frankay

Vehicles
      To many to lsit
      05-21-2012 08:13 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by s4boost View Post
      Not many classy good looking girls expose themselves to hundreds of random guys. That's why my girlfriend kept her clothes on and dude
      Almost got laid out. He asked too many times. Another guy came up and said she's beautiful and then asked if I was her bf. then he told me shes beautiful, that's fine. No
      Disrespect there. Anything beyond that is disrespectful. I was raised in the south, respect is big
      Down here. I didnt see any good looking girls down there.
      Walter, your head is bigger than your muscles, calm down hard a$$.

Vehicles
      2010 Sportwagen TDI
      05-21-2012 08:27 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by LoDub1.8T View Post
      except for his abs, too hard to do situps
      “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

19. 05-21-2012 08:28 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by LoDub1.8T View Post
      rob? yea yea. my muscles arent that big anymore. this guy wouldnt have been much of a challenge for anyone. / angry bf rant.

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T (sold)
      05-21-2012 08:58 PM #45

for Country Inn, minus the two mountains for speed bumps

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit
      05-21-2012 09:05 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by cldub View Post
      for Country Inn, minus the two mountains for speed bumps
      Yea, Country Inn was good. Nice having the breakfast in the morning. I dragged my exhaust on the 2nd speed bump and I'm not even that low (Just came in the back entrance after that). Was expecting a lot more action in the street between Country Inn and the Riveredge Condos but it didn't materialize. Guess everyone was at the Helendorf, lol.

Vehicles
      Subaru
      05-21-2012 09:07 PM #47
      hi my name is manny from HighwayStar Garage,

FYI we never approached ANY females to take there shirts off, if females were approached it wasn't by us, we put it out there and the drunk dude bros were going crazy asking females to do it. One in particular was a bigger kid with an orange tshirt and a shorter spikey haired kid with a black shirt on. we did have permission from the helendorf staff to set up our booth there but everything started getting crazy so we packed it up. just trying to make things clear.

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T (sold)
      05-21-2012 09:08 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by DUSlider View Post
      Yea, Country Inn was good. Nice having the breakfast in the morning. I dragged my exhaust on the 2nd speed bump and I'm not even that low (Just came in the back entrance after that). Was expecting a lot more action in the street between Country Inn and the Riveredge Condos but it didn't materialize. Guess everyone was at the Helendorf, lol.
      Yeah the breakfast was awesome. Friday night had that DJ which was pretty cool

Vehicles
      VR6 Golf, 335i M sport
      05-21-2012 09:20 PM #49
      Country Inn was awesome, second year I stayed there. Last year there were no speedbumps. I just kept driving over them in the same spot to grind the asphalt down with my subframe lol.

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T (sold)
      05-21-2012 09:54 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by AWPower View Post
      Country Inn was awesome, second year I stayed there. Last year there were no speedbumps. I just kept driving over them in the same spot to grind the asphalt down with my subframe lol.
      Seems legit

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast