Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Helendorf Party Crashed

Vehicles
      2003 1.8T Gti
      05-21-2012 03:50 PM #36
      haha the road way inn that was literally right across the bridge from the event area was lame.. no one was partying so me and my friends went to head down to the Helendorf because we herd that was were the party was at.. haha got distracted on the way there and stopped to meet some people and drink a little more..

then when we finally made it down there the cops were pulling up right before we crossed the street to go over..

started to walk back and ended up just partying on the street with a bunch of other people

Not sure if anyone else say the guy who was giving out high fives with his "hand-dick" thing xD

also met some bad ass dude from south Africa who gave me some of his brandy from South Africa...

Turned out to be a pretty awesome night even though the big party got shut down

Vehicles
      2007 GLI (SOLD) / 2010 Pressurized GTI
      05-21-2012 03:52 PM #37
      Personally, I was severely let down by the sets of tits I saw on Saturday night.

Vehicles
      VR6 Golf
      05-21-2012 04:19 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_x700 View Post
      also met some bad ass dude from south Africa who gave me some of his brandy from South Africa...
      Grant!!!!

4. 05-21-2012 05:01 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Nuts View Post
      Personally, I was severely let down by the sets of tits I saw on Saturday night.
      Not many classy good looking girls expose themselves to hundreds of random guys. That's why my girlfriend kept her clothes on and dude
      Almost got laid out. He asked too many times. Another guy came up and said she's beautiful and then asked if I was her bf. then he told me shes beautiful, that's fine. No
      Disrespect there. Anything beyond that is disrespectful. I was raised in the south, respect is big
      Down here. I didnt see any good looking girls down there.

Vehicles
      2003 1.8T Gti
      05-21-2012 05:29 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by AWPower View Post
      Grant!!!!
      Haha yess!!!! oh man.. he was pretty awesome. i couldn't remember his name, probably doesnt help that i was pretty drunk when i met all these people...

Vehicles
      E36 M3
      05-21-2012 08:01 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_x700 View Post
      Yup Grant is one cool dude
      @aye_frankay

Vehicles
      To many to lsit
      05-21-2012 08:13 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by s4boost View Post
      Not many classy good looking girls expose themselves to hundreds of random guys. That's why my girlfriend kept her clothes on and dude
      Almost got laid out. He asked too many times. Another guy came up and said she's beautiful and then asked if I was her bf. then he told me shes beautiful, that's fine. No
      Disrespect there. Anything beyond that is disrespectful. I was raised in the south, respect is big
      Down here. I didnt see any good looking girls down there.
      Walter, your head is bigger than your muscles, calm down hard a$$.

Vehicles
      96 Passat Shaggin' Wagon
      05-21-2012 08:27 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by LoDub1.8T View Post
      except for his abs, too hard to do situps
      “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

9. 05-21-2012 08:28 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by LoDub1.8T View Post
      rob? yea yea. my muscles arent that big anymore. this guy wouldnt have been much of a challenge for anyone. / angry bf rant.

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T (sold)
      05-21-2012 08:58 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by 71camaro View Post
      Everything in town will be booked, Helendorf included, this is now the biggest show in the States, and it is only continuing to grow at a pretty rapid pace.

BTW, Country Inn and Suites was cheap, clean, pretty nice, and fairly quiet
      for Country Inn, minus the two mountains for speed bumps

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit
      05-21-2012 09:05 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by cldub View Post
      for Country Inn, minus the two mountains for speed bumps
      Yea, Country Inn was good. Nice having the breakfast in the morning. I dragged my exhaust on the 2nd speed bump and I'm not even that low (Just came in the back entrance after that). Was expecting a lot more action in the street between Country Inn and the Riveredge Condos but it didn't materialize. Guess everyone was at the Helendorf, lol.

Vehicles
      Subaru
      05-21-2012 09:07 PM #47
      hi my name is manny from HighwayStar Garage,

FYI we never approached ANY females to take there shirts off, if females were approached it wasn't by us, we put it out there and the drunk dude bros were going crazy asking females to do it. One in particular was a bigger kid with an orange tshirt and a shorter spikey haired kid with a black shirt on. we did have permission from the helendorf staff to set up our booth there but everything started getting crazy so we packed it up. just trying to make things clear.

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T (sold)
      05-21-2012 09:08 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by DUSlider View Post
      Yea, Country Inn was good. Nice having the breakfast in the morning. I dragged my exhaust on the 2nd speed bump and I'm not even that low (Just came in the back entrance after that). Was expecting a lot more action in the street between Country Inn and the Riveredge Condos but it didn't materialize. Guess everyone was at the Helendorf, lol.
      Yeah the breakfast was awesome. Friday night had that DJ which was pretty cool

Vehicles
      VR6 Golf
      05-21-2012 09:20 PM #49
      Country Inn was awesome, second year I stayed there. Last year there were no speedbumps. I just kept driving over them in the same spot to grind the asphalt down with my subframe lol.

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T (sold)
      05-21-2012 09:54 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by AWPower View Post
      Country Inn was awesome, second year I stayed there. Last year there were no speedbumps. I just kept driving over them in the same spot to grind the asphalt down with my subframe lol.
      Seems legit

Vehicles
      E36 M3
      05-21-2012 10:00 PM #51
      The country inn was awesome except when someone threw a beer bottle and dented the hood of a GLI
      @aye_frankay

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit
      05-21-2012 10:22 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_GTi View Post
      The country inn was awesome except when someone threw a beer bottle and dented the hood of a GLI
      I don't think the bottle was thrown from someone staying at country inn, or from the property. There were several other motels/hotels/condos within throwing distance.

Vehicles
      VR6 Golf
      05-21-2012 10:36 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by DUSlider View Post
      I don't think the bottle was thrown from someone staying at country inn, or from the property. There were several other motels/hotels/condos within throwing distance.
      It was thrown from the motel next to the country inn. A group of us were standing right in front of the car that was hit. Thankfully, none of us were stuck by the bottle. The bottle didnt even break when it hit the GLI or the ground

Vehicles
      More than you can afford pal. Ferrari.
      05-21-2012 10:57 PM #54
      As a local I guarantee SoWo will not last in Helen, GA. If this behavior continues the city will say no to SoWo coming back.

Helen is in the deep sleepy South and the local authorities are not equipped and do not want to deal with a large group like this.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'13 | 0311 | 0331| 0933 | '14- Soldier of Fortune
      Wagon Aficionado | Brodozer Brocionado | BMW Motorrad
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Wagon GTG SoWo '14

05-22-2012 12:07 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      As a local I guarantee SoWo will not last in Helen, GA. If this behavior continues the city will say no to SoWo coming back.

Helen is in the deep sleepy South and the local authorities are not equipped and do not want to deal with a large group like this.
      x2

21. Banned
      Vehicles
      no dubs :(
      05-22-2012 08:43 AM #56
      i say it before every show, POLICE OUR OWN, peer pressure makes people feel about 1" tall and they usually stop.

Vehicles
      Cranbrio
      05-22-2012 09:25 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by eurorice View Post
      couldn't agree more... they pulled the same **** with my girlfriend, that's why we decided to leave. when she says no, that means back the f*ck up. lost all respect for the highway star garage peeps... not that i had that much for them in the first place though

And as for the shirts for tits show, those dudes almost got knocked out by me. When my girlfriend says no, that doesn't mean ask her 3 more times. It's flattering once or twice, after that it's disrespectful. He had about 2 more chances before he was on the ground. That's why spring break is for. It's like some people have never seen a set a tits before. It's pathetic.
      I assure you it wasn't a Highwaystar garage guy that was pestering your girlfriends. I was at the helendorf the entire time, and the three people who were actually highwaystar garage, one was behind the booth, the other wasn't there half of the time, and the last one was sleeping. I was helping keep the drunk retards from coming in to the booth as well as my best friend, who we are both very close to the Highwaystar guys. you may have encountered one of the drunken idiots who was wearing a highwaystar shirt. Though, i will say, if you have a hot girlfriend, and she is asked to take her shirt off, its kinda what you have to expect. They (i repeat, not highwaystar guys) asked my wife to take her shirt off. she laughed, and told them to **** off. they never asked her again. either way, it shouldn't have been like that. and this is why i can't stand 90% of all vw owners.

I will say that people were hand ****ing / leaning / leaving beer cans / sitting on my ****ing car though. that really pissed me off beyond belief. Also the night before, there was dried up been all over my car, and a huge dent in my hood now. i guess thats what i get for leaving it so close to all the action. my wife actually came over, and started throwing the beer cans down on the ground, and was yelling at dudes. it was the purple cabrio on chrome RF's
      Last edited by uzi did it; 05-22-2012 at 09:29 AM.
      Bübëngröpën | DubCult | Yuksquad | EFSIXTO | GENGSTOUT | Euromedian | PVW | YOUCANBEAT | The Chrome Depot | Ten Crack Commandments | YouJizz | Myspace | Bar Society lilliiililliilii | DreamWerks | Stancewerks | Meatspin |+Christian Dubbers+

Vehicles
      '11 Golf Mk6 2.5L
      05-22-2012 10:05 AM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by uzi did it View Post

Quote Originally Posted by eurorice
      couldn't agree more... they pulled the same **** with my girlfriend, that's why we decided to leave. when she says no, that means back the f*ck up. lost all respect for the highway star garage peeps... not that i had that much for them in the first place though
      Quote Originally Posted by s4boost
      And as for the shirts for tits show, those dudes almost got knocked out by me. When my girlfriend says no, that doesn't mean ask her 3 more times. It's flattering once or twice, after that it's disrespectful. He had about 2 more chances before he was on the ground. That's why spring break is for. It's like some people have never seen a set a tits before. It's pathetic.
      I assure you it wasn't a Highwaystar garage guy that was pestering your girlfriends. I was at the helendorf the entire time, and the three people who were actually highwaystar garage, one was behind the booth, the other wasn't there half of the time, and the last one was sleeping. I was helping keep the drunk retards from coming in to the booth as well as my best friend, who we are both very close to the Highwaystar guys. you may have encountered one of the drunken idiots who was wearing a highwaystar shirt. Though, i will say, if you have a hot girlfriend, and she is asked to take her shirt off, its kinda what you have to expect. They (i repeat, not highwaystar guys) asked my wife to take her shirt off. she laughed, and told them to **** off. they never asked her again. either way, it shouldn't have been like that. and this is why i can't stand 90% of all vw owners.

I will say that people were hand ****ing / leaning / leaving beer cans / sitting on my ****ing car though. that really pissed me off beyond belief. Also the night before, there was dried up been all over my car, and a huge dent in my hood now. i guess thats what i get for leaving it so close to all the action. my wife actually came over, and started throwing the beer cans down on the ground, and was yelling at dudes. it was the purple cabrio on chrome RF's
      I'll definitely support this as well. The only two that were actually from HighwayStar were in the tent: the one behind the table and the one infront of the table. Just because they wear a HighwayStar shirt, doesn't mean they are part of HighwayStar (that is like saying all the people that wear DubKorps shirts are apart of DubKorps, and if they do something stupid, basically that is how all DubKorps act like).

Friday night at the Helendorf was a lot more ridiculous than Saturday Night and I'm glad I had a cabin so I could go back to that instead of staying at the Helendorf. The Helendorf is a lot of fun, but not fun enough to stay at.

Vehicles
      JTI/Jolf/GTI whatever you wanna call it.
      05-22-2012 10:45 AM #59

x3 Im not local, but do live less than 2 hours out in a small town as well, this is the exact truth. This aint OC guys. We have to be respectful to the town, residents, and the guys who put on this free event if we want the show to continue. Im all for partying and having a good time, but when we are talking about people throwing bottles, destroying personal property, sexually harrassing women, and smarting off to already super leniant police officers, it extremely disrespectful and makes me ashamed to be apart of the community. I wont be a bit suprised to find out that all these problems this year will be the end of the show. Although with the event in the backfield, it cut down on alot of the traffic and craziness in town during the day. Although right before it started to rain we were heading back to our campsite out of town and saw the **** start to hit the fan. One guy was being arrested, people sitting along the street yelling at people driving by and a frustrated officer dealing with drunk idiots. That was just at the corner where the Helendorf was. I drank a full jar of moonshine that day and still managed to be responsible. Let my wife drive.. I never do that. Why cant we all take steps to behave ourselves just a little more?

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post
      i say it before every show, POLICE OUR OWN, peer pressure makes people feel about 1" tall and they usually stop.
      This is a good idea, but no one steps up is the problem. Im normally out of Helen before the sunsets since I camp at Unicoi every year, just to avoid idiots. Maybe we could incorporate a security team to aid the police next year.. just a thought.
      Im not a ricer. Im lo mein.

Vehicles
      2007 GLI (SOLD) / 2010 Pressurized GTI
      05-22-2012 10:58 AM #60
      Not many classy good looking girls expose themselves to hundreds of random guys.
      LOL, ever been to Miami?

Well minus the classy part.

Vehicles
      '95 Jetta VR6 (daily), '93 Cabriolet, '01 TT 225Q autoX machine, '11 TDI coupe unicorn
      05-22-2012 11:00 AM #61
      . classy is key
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

27. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      A6 2004 3.0
      05-22-2012 11:53 AM #62
      Unfortunatly'

I'm the Audi A6 guy!...

Vehicles
      1992 12V 1992 16V 2012 TDI
      05-22-2012 11:57 AM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by Eric76 View Post
      Unfortunatly'

I'm the Audi A6 guy!...

Dagger. How messed up was your car?

Where is the dude that was too stupid to get out of the way?

29. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      A6 2004 3.0
      05-22-2012 12:16 PM #64
      A big surprise i had the morning after when I inspected my car in search of kinked bodyparts. Apart of beer spill all over her my car is ok.

I dont even understand how the heck this Einstein was able to put his foot under my wheel.
      First:I was following a white CC bumper to bumper to be sure to make it effortless trough the crowd
      Second: My car is too low , the front bumper would have his foot pushed out of the way .

Anyway. lets say I DID run over his foot

There was a 200+- people crowd non-reacting to car passing trough.. in a PARKING lot. Even if I was highbeam flashing and horning the hell out.
      I excuse myself like 15 time and tried to make him understand i didnt meant to do so...

a bit ordinary to do 20 hours of drive to get punched for nothing in my hotel parking

Vehicles
      1992 12V 1992 16V 2012 TDI
      05-22-2012 12:28 PM #65
      A big surprise i had the morning after when I inspected my car in search of kinked bodyparts. Apart of beer spill all over her my car is ok.

I dont even understand how the heck this Einstein was able to put his foot under my wheel.
      First:I was following a white CC bumper to bumper to be sure to make it effortless trough the crowd
      Second: My car is too low , the front bumper would have his foot pushed out of the way .

Anyway. lets say I DID run over his foot

There was a 200+- people crowd non-reacting to car passing trough.. in a PARKING lot. Even if I was highbeam flashing and horning the hell out.
      I excuse myself like 15 time and tried to make him understand i didnt meant to do so...

a bit ordinary to do 20 hours of drive to get punched for nothing in my hotel parking
      You dont have to defend yourself here. He is the retard that cant figure out a moving car will crush his foot. I hope you did run him over, and he has multiple broken bones.

I'll also say... I like to try and keep myself removed from ****, but hitting another dude through a window is one of the biggest bitch moves in the book. It doesnt float, with me...

31. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      A6 2004 3.0
      05-22-2012 12:37 PM #66
      haha with me neither. But hey he was *****n mad and tried many times to open my door.
      He kept screaming get out of your car. LOL they were 3 like 7foot and 300lbs vs me 5'4 and 150lbs.
      Really? you really think i'll get out of my car to get crushed by three retarded drunk giant? no way for me sorry

Vehicles
      2012 CC R-Line, 2001 GTI VR6 BT
      05-22-2012 01:14 PM #67
      I agree with him getting his foot run over, its his fault, he should have got the hell out of the way of a moving car. I hope you broke his foot.

Some people just can't handle the alcohol.
      DFWEUROS

33. Banned
      Vehicles
      no dubs :(
      05-22-2012 02:24 PM #68
      Bewbie prize for the 1st person to screen cap their rezer at the Dorf for 2013 hahaha

34. 05-22-2012 03:01 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogart View Post
      hi my name is manny from HighwayStar Garage,

FYI we never approached ANY females to take there shirts off, if females were approached it wasn't by us, we put it out there and the drunk dude bros were going crazy asking females to do it. One in particular was a bigger kid with an orange tshirt and a shorter spikey haired kid with a black shirt on. we did have permission from the helendorf staff to set up our booth there but everything started getting crazy so we packed it up. just trying to make things clear.
      i never said you did, however, it doesnt look good for your shop when the guys who were recruiting girls were pawning off your shirts. you might want to prevent that in that in the future, from a business standpoint it doesnt look good.

x3, i dont it see it lasting much longer if people cant grow up learn when to stop drinking and stop vandalizing... i will say this, the city needs to prepare. even if that mean getting a group to go down a day or two early to prepare. Helendorf didnt have a single trash can outside, where do they honestly expect a couple hundred drunk people to put their beer bottles. this is something they should consider in the future. Im not at all saying the behavior of a few is justified, i just think as far ar helendorf being trashed thats atleast a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post
      couldnt agree with you more, but good luck. lol

Quote Originally Posted by uzi did it View Post

i saw two guys doing it. one was short wearing a black shirt with short hair, he wouldnt stop asking. I'd say about 5 times. He came up once and asked, she said no, he asked her again, i said thanks but no, he then turned to my friends wife and asked her, i said dude they dont want to you need to walk away. About 5 minutes later he approached my girlfriend again and said, you ready to show your tits yet? He also held up a highwaystar garage shirt and said if you take your shirt off, we'll give you one of these. As i said, once is a compliment, but if you continue its disrespectful. the other guy was taller and had some sort of hat on. He didnt ask them but i saw him asking other people.

Unfortunatly'

I'm the Audi A6 guy!...
      i came up and spoke to you after. That was a bitch move on his part to hit someone while theyre in their car. And youre right, that guy was twice your size and it was obviously an accident. Sorry you had to drive down from Quebec for that.

35. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 GTI #yolo
      05-22-2012 03:23 PM #70

Although there is no excuse for what actually happened, I always wondered why they didn't simply shut down that back road near the 'dorf where people do burnouts and whatnot. Make it walking traffic only, throw trash cans everywhere, turn it into a business opportunity and sell food/alcohol/whatever.

edit: beyond that, the Helendorf parking lot party experience is an integral part of SoWo. And sure it's loud and rowdy, but if everyone in the hotel is okay with it, and nobody is getting hurt, why not? (that said, throw trash cans out there) I think that's gotta continue, right? Maybe put up some sort of barrier and keep cars from leaving after 10 or 11pm or something?
      Last edited by FissionMailed; 05-22-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast