Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Attn: Livermore Vortexers...Need Help with Hit N' Run Accident

Vehicles
      '81 MK1 Jetta Coupe, '04 Jetta GL, '02 Passat GLS Wagon
      05-21-2012 02:08 PM #1
      Hello livermore Area Vortexers,
      While driving through down town Livermore last Saturday with my wife & 10month old daughter were hit by a drunk driver at an intersection. Luckily neither were all okay, but the truck driver speed away from the seen. I decided to chase him to get a license plate number, but he speed through red lights and swerving through other cars on the road and I backed off. He was driving a red Ford truck with yellow lights on the roof (utility vehicle type of lights) and my guess it's a company or some type of utility truck, but I did not notice any company name or info. on the truck. I am hoping someone in this Livermore area might know of any company or costruction company or city related organization that uses red trucks and have a strip of yellow lights on the roofs. I really want this guy caught because he ruined my VW and could have killed my family.
      If you have any info. that I can provide the police it will be appreciated. You can IM if preffered.
      Thanks!!!

Vehicles
      1964 Karmann Ghia, 1996 Jetta 2.slow, 2012 Jetta TDI
      05-22-2012 12:27 PM #2
      I posted this up on my FB this morning as I have friends in the Livermore area, here are some results on what they said:

may want to spend a day at the entrance to Los Vaqueros Recreation area off of vasco road lots of red fords with yellow lights on the roof, there building a windmill farm there and lots of construction utillity trucks running around
      have him check out Ghilotti construction. They use red trucks and they have an office on Independent Drive in Livermore
      hope this might give you some clues.
      Good luck finding the bastard!
      Jim Kikuchi
      Sunnyvale (near San Jose), CA
      1964 Karmann Ghia, 1996 Jetta 2.slow, 2012 Jetta TDI
      B.L.T.N. (Better Late Than Never) late model VW Club:http://www.bltnvw.com
      NorCal Aircooled Group (NAG): https://www.facebook.com/NAGVW

Vehicles
      98 GTI VR6, 03 24v VR6, 97 Jetta VRT(WIP)
      05-22-2012 06:06 PM #3
      Glad to hear everyone is OK. What time of day was this? Also any idea where the damage would be on their truck? I'll have everyone I know keep an eye out for this pos.

Vehicles
      '81 MK1 Jetta Coupe, '04 Jetta GL, '02 Passat GLS Wagon
      05-22-2012 10:43 PM #4
      Pokey420 & Bonzai KG,
      Thanks so much for your help and definately some good leads. The incident happened Saturday (5/19) around 1:30pm. The damage I imagine the pick-up truck will have is front right corner as he ran the red light on Concannon turning right on Holmes (First St.). It may have some Freso Green smudges (my Passat color). Also, the pick-up truck yellow light are a bar type that runs across the roof. Thanks again guy's.....I want to prevent this guy from hurting someone else in the future.
      Last edited by caragon; 05-23-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Vehicles
      I has parts, cars and NO TIME!!!!
      06-02-2012 12:21 AM #5
      I'm in Livermore, definitely going to keep an eye out!