Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fatal accident on 95 north in va

Vehicles
      lurking hours > post count
      05-22-2012 06:39 PM #101
      My thoughts are with the family and friends of those involved.

Vehicles
      97 TR jetta, 87 jetta, 81 caddy, 95 cbr600
      05-22-2012 07:20 PM #102
      Never met either of them but I wish him the best for a great recovery both physically and mentally and send condolences to her friends and family.
      Give wildlife a brake! 4TSQ. WV, Almost Heaven. Where are the moose? Save the Frogs!. Save the whales. I birds. Iron City

3. 05-22-2012 07:43 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by PBWB View Post
      I just saw Eddie a couple hours ago. He still has his awesome sense of humor.

He did tell those of us in the room in pretty good detail what happened....but I'm keeping my mouth shut until Eddie decides he wants to let the story out.

As far as the truck driver....He started out in Honda Preludes, then went Ford and purchased this SVT Lightning below. He just had it tuned and I think something else done a day or two before the crash.....And I think the work was done in Richmond because he recently liked a page from there called "Mid Atlantic Performance". I just hope he realizes what he did and it changes his life forever.

Well hopefully the truth will come out. If for nothing else, a lesson learned.

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T (sold)
      05-22-2012 09:35 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by taymk2 View Post
      I just got a call Judy funerals is Friday in annadale va at the baptist on heritage dr....
      Time for this? I'd like to make it out

Vehicles
      [+7560 post] 07,13
      05-22-2012 09:51 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by cldub View Post
      Time for this? I'd like to make it out
      730pm, heres the address

Washington Sharon Baptist Church 7901 Heritage Dr. Annandale VA 22003
      Quote Originally Posted by Scottie2LO View Post
      I may or may not have slapped a cougar outside seacrits at 230am
      [Alex @ AllesGute

Vehicles
      1990 JETTA VR6, 2003 JETTA 1.8T, 2010 TOUAREG TDI
      05-22-2012 10:00 PM #106
      this sucks, horrible situation. I hope Eddie is ok and recovers, my condolences to Judy's family and friends. I didnt know either one but I know how it feels, lost a friend to drunk driver two years ago!
      I do work on cars, anything short of engine and transmission rebuilding can be done. welding, custom and aftermarket as well as regular repairs. IM me for details, shop is in WOodbridge.

Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Getta; 2011 CW GTI
      05-22-2012 10:40 PM #107
      eddie is out of surgery. He's stable. Has another surgery on thursday. Keep him and his family in your thoughts.

Vehicles
      [+7560 post] 07,13
      05-22-2012 10:48 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by GettaGirl150 View Post
      eddie is out of surgery. He's stable. Has another surgery on thursday. Keep him and his family in your thoughts.
      just saw alex's post on fb, glad to hear Eddie is okay and stable
      [Alex @ AllesGute

Vehicles
      2015 Audi S3 on air / 1996 VR6 Cabrio on air
      05-22-2012 10:48 PM #109
      very sorry to read this. RIP to her and a good recovery to the R32 driver.

i didn't know either of these people, but i know taymk2, always sad to hear of a loss like this.
      2015 Audi S3 2.0T quattro - Air Lift / fifteen52/ PARTS SCORE / B&B / BFI / GIAC
      1996 Cabrio build thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6-build-thread
      I Sell Audi's in AZ

10. 05-22-2012 10:53 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by GettaGirl150 View Post
      @WhiteOnRice32

11. 05-23-2012 01:55 AM #111
      @WhiteOnRice32

12. 05-23-2012 03:25 AM #112
      this is one of the best songs ive heard about this kind of thing. google the lyrics.

Vehicles
      2003 Gti, 2001 Wolfsburg
      05-23-2012 07:21 AM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by s4boost View Post
      Well hopefully the truth will come out. If for nothing else, a lesson learned.
      I hope it will as well. As far as a lesson learned only thing I can say is it is a life changing event for everyone involved including the family and friends. I can only imagine what it qould be like as a parent in this situation. Me personally...I can't even comprehend never seeing Judy again. I just keep thinking it can't be real/true. It's one thing when it happens to people you have met or knew from high school or something, but when it happens in a close group of friends it is completely different. Not saying you dont feel for those others or care not saying that at all. I see the difference though now and it really makes you think far to much. All the good times we all have shared. This group of friends has really pulled together to support one another and most importantly support Eddie, Judy, and the families. RIP Judy Kim you will be missed so much. Eddie stay strong and get well. Will be seeing you soon. Wanted to vent a bit. Thanks for supporting everyone!
      The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #268 "Like 6 cylinder of 15 degree sex"

(_fishbowl society_)

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T (sold)
      05-23-2012 07:56 AM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by VR6VDub172 View Post
      I hope it will as well. As far as a lesson learned only thing I can say is it is a life changing event for everyone involved including the family and friends. I can only imagine what it qould be like as a parent in this situation. Me personally...I can't even comprehend never seeing Judy again. I just keep thinking it can't be real/true. It's one thing when it happens to people you have met or knew from high school or something, but when it happens in a close group of friends it is completely different. Not saying you dont feel for those others or care not saying that at all. I see the difference though now and it really makes you think far to much. All the good times we all have shared. This group of friends has really pulled together to support one another and most importantly support Eddie, Judy, and the families. RIP Judy Kim you will be missed so much. Eddie stay strong and get well. Will be seeing you soon. Wanted to vent a bit. Thanks for supporting everyone!
      I've been in your shoes before, and it's not fun. I lost a few close people to me while I was in Afghanistan. The whole surreal feeling isn't a pleasant one. Just have to keep your heads up!

Vehicles
      08' Rabbit 2.5T, 12' Golf R, 91' Jetta
      05-23-2012 09:45 AM #115
      Saddened to hear about this... My thoughts are with both families.

Vehicles
      a few power wheels too many
      05-23-2012 11:01 AM #116
      My thoughts and prayers are with the friends and family, this is a tragedy and I know the pain will impact those who were really close for quite a time to come. As previously stated count your blessing for having Judy in your lives for as long as you did, remember the good times and just take comfort in knowing she is in a better place. An abrupt and tramatic death of a close loved one is one of the worse experiences we can endure, just remember to take time to grieve its a natural part of the healing process. It doesn't matter if you grieve with friends or family or alone, just take time for yourselves to work through it, you'll come out stronger and better for it
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r View Post
      What kind of sorcery is this?!?! That car is from 2005-on but that lady, based on clothing, hair, and makeup is from the 80's. Did she time travel??? Or is she just from Ohio?

Vehicles
      1991 GTI, 2014 Tacoma TRD Sport
      05-23-2012 11:14 AM #117
      RIP Judy and stay strong Eddie
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      IMO the best place for mounting a euro plate is in the trash.

18. 05-23-2012 11:44 AM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by VR6VDub172 View Post
      Stay strong Tim
      @WhiteOnRice32

Vehicles
      2JZ E30
      05-23-2012 11:50 AM #119
      Eddie is now able to sit up and have liquids. He is in good spirits cracking jokes like he normally would. Thanks everyone for your support in these tough times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      Mk6 GTI KO4 with grocery bags & BBS's
      05-23-2012 11:52 AM #120
      Hate to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and Eddie.
      Bagged Mk6 GTI - BBS's - Ko4 - & other cool scene kid stuff

chadwinsteadphotography.com

Vehicles
      [+7560 post] 07,13
      05-23-2012 12:00 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by Nobelium View Post
      Eddie is now able to sit up and have liquids. He is in good spirits cracking jokes like he normally would. Thanks everyone for your support in these tough times.

[Alex @ AllesGute

Vehicles
      '96 MK3 GTI VR6
      05-23-2012 12:06 PM #122
      I dont know Judy or Eddie, I Send My Condolences to the Family & Friends of Judy. R.I.P. Judy
      Eddie Hold your head up & get well soon.

23. 05-23-2012 12:43 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by Nobelium View Post

@WhiteOnRice32

Vehicles
      Its a ninefoot car.
      05-23-2012 01:02 PM #124
      Havent met Eddie or Judy either, but it is still so sad to hear that one of the community is lost. Glad to hear that the driver is doing well and in the hands of well experienced doctors. This would be a tough loss for him and he will need a great deal of support to get him through the loss. Doesnt look like that will be a problem here though. Glad to see that even amongst the bickering here that there is still some real substance in the community. Is there any development on some kind of donation fund?

RIP Judy
      Instagram: @NINEFOOTERS

25. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      M3 / W211 Estate
      05-23-2012 01:42 PM #125
      It really breaks my heart to read threads like this. Especially after everyone had such a great time at the show.

It's such a shame that such a great person was taken from our community at such a young age. I wish Eddie a speedy recovery and my condolences go out to Judy's family. If there is anything we can do, please let us know.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast