Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nacoochee Grille

05-23-2012 09:41 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by klcorrado05 View Post
      Understandable

Just don't go back. Problem solved.
      See it douches like you that are afraid to say anything to people when things arent right. If im not happy with the service or how we are all being treated I will say something. We werent ugly or even rude. I love the small town I really do. The german town is a part of my heritage but this place rubber me the wrong way and as stated I most def will not be going back.
      Last edited by 1SlowA4; 05-23-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Vehicles
      02 gti
      05-23-2012 01:00 PM #27
      Well you can call me an ***hole but doush is a little off the mark. You don't waist any time with the name calling do you? Do you feel bigger now?
      There is always two sides to every story and nacoochee grille is not here to defend themselves. Since we have always had good experiences there, i thought i would help. You see i am a small business owner and i try my best to accommodate all of my customers. It just doesn't always happen.
      I will leave you alone now, you have hurt my feelings.
      Good day

LOVE'S TRIM SHOP
      678-432-2005
      auto-boat-motorcycle upholstery
      convertible tops
      lovestrim@hotmail.com

Vehicles
      2006 A3 3.2T
      05-23-2012 01:06 PM #28
      Good day

Lol.

I totally support small businesses. The manager on site probably could have done a better job of trying to get to situation handled. I'm sure if they called the owner/real manager and were able to speak with them, something could have been done and none of this thread would exist. (I'm just speculating that this fella would not have thought of calling).

I know the person that made the RSVP is going to try and contact the manager he organized this with later today. We'll see what comes out from it. (Paypal of $8.06 to 31 people would be interesting )

I personally would still go back b/c the food was yummy and good on my pockets.

Edit: BTW, klcorrado05, your shop looks like it can do kick-ass interior work I want to potentially add bolsters to my seats, too bad you're too far.
      722 pages, 25255 posts, and 1,015,739 views later... R.I.P. LoL Bump thread 03/27/2008 ~ 02/16/2011.
      Link to my build: Audi A3 3.2 VR6 BT
      CleanAudi.com feature

05-23-2012 01:24 PM #29
      Well you can call me an ***hole but doush is a little off the mark. You don't waist any time with the name calling do you? Do you feel bigger now?
      There is always two sides to every story and nacoochee grille is not here to defend themselves. Since we have always had good experiences there, i thought i would help. You see i am a small business owner and i try my best to accommodate all of my customers. It just doesn't always happen.
      Good day

Hell i was being nice. I didnt mean that in a **** head way i guess. Dont take this personal the place just rubbed me wrong. They got my order wrong and still charged me the same price, plus on top of the 8.06 and the small tip a 15.99 dinner became 37.00 with the extra tip I included. it pisses me off because the assistant manager screwed the servers out of more possible tip money

Vehicles
      02 gti
      05-23-2012 01:42 PM #30
      LOVE'S TRIM SHOP
      678-432-2005
      auto-boat-motorcycle upholstery
      convertible tops
      lovestrim@hotmail.com

6. 05-23-2012 05:19 PM #31
      There are very few resturaunts in Helen that are worth dining at. The Grille is the only credible resturaunt in town. The food is the one thing I DREAD every year but the Grille gets by business several times during my visit. I agree, if you have a bad experience, just don't go back. It really is that simple but please don't ruin it for me because I might STARVE when I go to Helen if they shut down!!!

05-23-2012 05:42 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by CabbyLove15 View Post
      There are very few resturaunts in Helen that are worth dining at. The Grille is the only credible resturaunt in town. The food is the one thing I DREAD every year but the Grille gets by business several times during my visit. I agree, if you have a bad experience, just don't go back. It really is that simple but please don't ruin it for me because I might STARVE when I go to Helen if they shut down!!!
      Im not going cause any more issues for this place. I liked the two waitresses there.

Vehicles
      Mk2 Gti, E36 M3
      05-23-2012 09:56 PM #33
      The service was fine, and the two waitresses did a great job for our almost 40 person group. However, the way the asst. manager came to us to tell us about the fee was completely out of line. That should have been mentioned up front. I am not sure if having a whole room to ourselves was requested or if the place was asked to accommodate our large group by any means necessary. Either way.. a $250 room charge and I believe we did not receive the reduced price menu's either, was just not good customer service. My meal was good, but my girlfriends appetizer and salad were not worth $25 dollars with the extra $8/person fee.

I would have been okay with $50, but $250 and not having the reduced menu prices was kind of a buzz kill. Personally, I will never go there again.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      B7 Audi RS4, B6 Imola A4 Avant 5speed
      05-24-2012 01:01 AM #34
      haha glad i didnt go i was gonna eat with the AZ crew but we bought T bones at the market and grilled ourselves yummay best 12$ ever spent 20 oz T bone yea the way to do it at SoWo is to bring foodf or make food eveywhere we went sucked!

10. Banned
      Vehicles
      no dubs :(
      05-24-2012 03:16 AM #35
      So you did know about the fee ahead of time?
      it was stated at least twice in the first 9 posts that no they did not know about the fee until an hour before hand.

if they hit you with the fee at the last minute that IS bogus.

2nd, with a group that big, spending a lot of money, a room fee should NOT be charged i mean cmon. Maybe you do a mandatory 18% gratuity for a large group, that is quite common in restaurants.

But a flat $250 extra bucks? Cmon. Sounds like gouging the customers.

Vehicles
      2006 A3 3.2T
      05-24-2012 09:25 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post
      2nd, with a group that big, spending a lot of money, a room fee should NOT be charged i mean cmon. Maybe you do a mandatory 18% gratuity for a large group, that is quite common in restaurants.

But a flat $250 extra bucks? Cmon. Sounds like gouging the customers.
      $250 / 31 = $8.06 each
      Food + $8.06 + tax + 20% gratituty on top of everything

Wait... 20% added on just for holding a room? Yep! Sure, it's only $1.61 each, but * 31 = $49.91 extra they made too; just for holding a room.

So in reality, it's close to $300 just for holding the room. I'm sure on average, everyone's food bill was at least $30 each.

They made a killing off us.
      722 pages, 25255 posts, and 1,015,739 views later... R.I.P. LoL Bump thread 03/27/2008 ~ 02/16/2011.
      Link to my build: Audi A3 3.2 VR6 BT
      CleanAudi.com feature

12. Banned
      Vehicles
      no dubs :(
      05-24-2012 10:48 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by krazyboi View Post
      $250 / 31 = $8.06 each
      Food + $8.06 + tax + 20% gratituty on top of everything

Wait... 20% added on just for holding a room? Yep! Sure, it's only $1.61 each, but * 31 = $49.91 extra they made too; just for holding a room.

So in reality, it's close to $300 just for holding the room. I'm sure on average, everyone's food bill was at least $30 each.

They made a killing off us.

You're right, it was a jam job. I've never heard of a room fee ever. I have heard of 18% gratuity for large parties, which is fine, b/c usually they have multiple servers tied up on your table, and you should tip that high anyways, AND the tip per person is only 18% of each person's dish. so if you buy just a beer for $5, your tab personally is only $5 + 18%, which is fair.

The only time i don't like the automatic 18%, is if the service is crap.

If this is their policy they should put the $250 fee all over their website, poss on a sign or on the menus at the restaurant etc. Then you have the option to opt out, i'm guessing tech when you walked in or when they called you guys coulda said, "Nah, were outta here" but that would've made you look bad. But whatever, crappy operation, i won't go there either next year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12