Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Banner Theives...SPOTTED

Vehicles
      03 Passat Wagon
      05-22-2012 10:17 AM #36
      anyone who has ever priced promotional banners knows that they are waaaay more then $10! the reason we dont sell our banners is because very few people would be willing to pay over $100 for a banner. and to answer the previous question, we do "try" to reuse our banners each year, if they dont all get stolen (like last year.) and FYI we did auction off two banners to benefit Relay for Life.

2. Member Doctor Meat Does Housecalls's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Silver MK4 On Orange Rims, 2014 Jetta SE
      05-22-2012 10:19 AM #37
      rape.
      IlleststanceGangBang2011|DoctorMeatDoesHousecalls|EnthusiastExchange|WTH:VolkswagenGF2011Survivor|YourPriusIsNotGreen|Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by MurryEB View Post
      Doctor Meat is doing a housecall right now

Vehicles
      MK3, B5 avant
      05-22-2012 10:19 AM #38
      lol at how big of a deal the banners are, yeah it sucks but i mean come on. you guys are nuts.

i also reported everyone i saw drinking underage. Its just irresponsible to knowingly break the law. all these kids under 21 should confess now and we can call the police on them!!!!1!

4. 05-22-2012 10:19 AM #39
      Our Lodge was broken into and items stolen. Probably our last year for SoWo as someone tried to steal my wifes wheels last year but was spooked and her wheel fell off on the way home.

Vehicles
      1971 VW bus (tintop weekender)
      05-22-2012 10:20 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by eR32ic View Post
      The fact that I actually came out and discussed this instead of staying quiet and scared should make you realize that we don't have them. If I did I wouldn't be discussing this at all and have stayed low key.
      You "came out" with a fabricated story about you not being involved, and how you saw 2 random strangers outside huddle house who were actually your friends with the stolen banners. Are you honestly telling me now that you considered that the right thing to do.

Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI / 2010 GTI (Totaled) / 2007 GLI (Sold)
      05-22-2012 11:00 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Meat Does Housecalls View Post
      rape.

05-22-2012 11:09 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by View Post
      lol at how big of a deal the banners are, yeah it sucks but i mean come on. you guys are nuts.

i also reported everyone i saw drinking underage. Its just irresponsible to knowingly break the law. all these kids under 21 should confess now and we can call the police on them!!!!1!
      great logic you have here . . . .

so when you invite people over to our house and things get stolen you should just get over it?
      Your car sucks, and we have a team of experts working around he clock to prove it.

Vehicles
      1979 VW Rabbit, 1992 Mazda Miata, 1972 Honda CB100 Cafe
      05-22-2012 11:16 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by View Post
      Whats more funny(sad) is that people are trying to justify thieves stealing stuff from a free show that is being put on for them. Not putting them up should not be the solution. These idiots realizing that just because its there does not mean its okay to take it is the solution. Obviously you all enjoy this show, otherwise you wouldnt come to it. Have some respect for the people who put this on, especially since there is no registration fee so its not like there is an abundance of cash rolling in.

BTW underage kids drinking got ticketed, not to mention it does not effect the amount of money that has to be spent again next year. If you enjoy this show being free, dont fvcking steal stuff!
      Last edited by BennettVW; 05-22-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI Autobahn
      05-22-2012 11:30 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by BennettVW View Post
      especially since there is no registration fee so its not like there is an abundance of cash rolling in.

If you enjoy this show being free, dont fvcking steal stuff!
      This.

10. Moderator
      Vehicles
      14 CC R-line, 07 expedition EL Limtd
      05-22-2012 11:32 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by BennettVW View Post
      Whats more funny(sad) is that people are trying to justify thieves stealing stuff from a free show that is being put on for them. Not putting them up should not be the solution. These idiots realizing that just because its there does not mean its okay to take it is the solution. Obviously you all enjoy this show, otherwise you wouldnt come to it. Have some respect for the people who put this on, especially since there is no registration fee so its not like there is an abundance of cash rolling in.

BTW underage kids drinking got ticketed, not to mention it does not effect the amount of money that has to be spent again next year. If you enjoy this show being free, dont fvcking steal stuff!
      next year i am taking a ghillie suit and a BB gun
      If you can't take the HEAT be a COP

2B1 ask 1

11. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      a T5
      05-22-2012 11:34 AM #46
      There were actually multiple stores in town selling co2 bb guns.
      Rifles and pistols. Even at the dollar store.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      89 GLI
      05-22-2012 11:42 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by irishpride View Post
      next year i am taking a ghillie suit and a BB gun
      I was actually thinking painball gun, better rate of fire, bigger welts and maybe we tag their car too. I'm in nashville, lmk

Vehicles
      bagged BMP 20th
      05-22-2012 01:33 PM #48
      lauren.
      i keep it real.

Vehicles
      '13 Fiat 500e, '13 Golf R, '13 Tiguan SEL
      05-22-2012 01:39 PM #49
      ^^^ That guy is screwed
      Chasin Design | SoCalStanceShop | Pure Euro
      ---------- Let Me Sell You A VW ----------

Wuste European Car Festival The West Coast's LARGEST European Car Show!

Vehicles
      To many to lsit
      05-22-2012 01:44 PM #50
      Hope he brings the same car to sowo next year.....maybe somthing of his will come up missing!

16. Member
      Vehicles
      89 GLI
      05-22-2012 01:49 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by LoDub1.8T View Post
      Hope he brings the same car to sowo next year.....maybe somthing of his will come up missing!
      I sense a big bumper swap coming up for sale. someone really should keep tabs on these people and strip the fawk out of their cars... cost of doing business right?

Vehicles
      2006 A3 3.2T
      05-22-2012 01:51 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post

If you're willing to steal banners, what else are you willing to rip off?

Center caps? Stuff out of open cars? who knows.
      This is the reason why I kept my windows up. Even though my interior is OEM+ and would probably help me win an award, I didn't want any potential dumb@$$ ripping stuff off/out of my car as I walked around the show grounds.

I actually left my engine hood open and was hoping that no one would steal my radiator cap and oil caps.

722 pages, 25255 posts, and 1,015,739 views later... R.I.P. LoL Bump thread 03/27/2008 ~ 02/16/2011.
      Link to my build: Audi A3 3.2 VR6 BT
      CleanAudi.com feature

Vehicles
      2012 CC R-Line, 2001 GTI VR6 BT
      05-22-2012 01:55 PM #53
      saw a stock black mk5 with roof rack bars, no front plate or tags so i dont know what state it was from, in front of huddle house taking down a banner in the middle of the day Sunday, I should have got a pic but i thought surely no one is that stupid to steal in the middle of the day. Guess I was wrong, It was 3 f@gs and a slut.

That is some low down dirty **** to steal from a great show, That does not even charge an entry fee, you people suck at life, please do the world a favor and kill yourself.
      Last edited by TONYESC76; 05-22-2012 at 02:16 PM.
      DFWEUROS

Vehicles
      1992 12V 1992 16V 2012 TDI
      05-22-2012 01:56 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDubber View Post
      ^^^ That guy is screwed

**** man.

Edit - nevermind... It'll be hard to confuse my GTI for this guy

What a fgt. Seeing the names of his followers doesnt surprise me either. Same kind of retarded kids, trying to make themselves popular by posting ****, or doing **** that just isn't that remarkable to the more mature crowd.
      Last edited by BarryV; 05-22-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Vehicles
      1992 12V 1992 16V 2012 TDI
      05-22-2012 02:26 PM #55

Vehicles
      96 Passat Shaggin' Wagon
      05-22-2012 02:58 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by vr6vdub97 View Post
      She un knowingly bought one of eBay not knowing they were stolen and after people threatened to burn her house down returned them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heyitsme2003 View Post
      I was GIVEN a banner two years ago

So two years ago, someone on Ebay gave her one. Got it!
      “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

22. 05-22-2012 03:01 PM #57
      the fact that i don't even own a vw or any euro car and had to make this just cause the fact that you guys will not shut up about something so minor is pathetic. You're letting a bunch of people know about us for what? Unfortunately guys this is a lost cause. You guys are pursuing the fact that i didn't even care enough about people seeing the banners. And i would bet everything that i have that if they were presented to you like they were presented to us you would take them. Some of you are creeping my twitter constantly writing **** on instagram for what? Nothing is gonna happen and noone except for this little group of people really cares. Its a banner, QUIT CRYING. Early Monday morning there was none left except for two, and i mean NONE. Cause everyone stole them.. These were already halfway ripped off of the post from some guy who wanted to steal them previously, and we thought since the 10$ piece of junk banners are already ripped why not just take them. And idk if you guys stayed until monday but we did and all thats in helen are police officers at night. So we asked the officer and he said since they were already falling off. He said Just go and take them. So we did. I did say i cut them but i NEVER said i stole them cause clearly i had permission. Now you have people trying to so hard to get something to happen against us. And i clearly will just laugh at all of you. You know nothing and you have nothing better to do then to just cry about these banners that were already torn apart. So continue to creep on all my social networks please do it. Cause it just looks pathetic. Grow up, todays a new day. You didn't create SOWO. And I'm sure even the people that did wouldn't even care as much as you guys. And finally whoever said that if we steal banners were liable to steal from peoples cars??? Are you kidding me? That is the most irrational thing i ever heard. Kinda like saying if you smoke weed you must smoke heroin. Or if you drink you must be an alcoholic. Stop trying to win a battle when noones fighting against you. You're the only ones who cares, so stop crying.

Vehicles
      To many to lsit
      05-22-2012 03:02 PM #58
      beigh coupe on white rs's.....mental note

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      05-22-2012 03:05 PM #59
      The folks that created Sowo were the ones calling people out HARD last year and the year prior
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

Vehicles
      To many to lsit
      05-22-2012 03:06 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by DominicACastro View Post
      the fact that i don't even own a vw or any euro car and had to make this just cause the fact that you guys will not shut up about something so minor is pathetic. You're letting a bunch of people know about us for what? Unfortunately guys this is a lost cause. You guys are pursuing the fact that i didn't even care enough about people seeing the banners. And i would bet everything that i have that if they were presented to you like they were presented to us you would take them. Some of you are creeping my twitter constantly writing **** on instagram for what? Nothing is gonna happen and noone except for this little group of people really cares. Its a banner, QUIT CRYING. Early Monday morning there was none left except for two, and i mean NONE. Cause everyone stole them.. These were already halfway ripped off of the post from some guy who wanted to steal them previously, and we thought since the 10$ piece of junk banners are already ripped why not just take them. And idk if you guys stayed until monday but we did and all thats in helen are police officers at night. So we asked the officer and he said since they were already falling off. He said Just go and take them. So we did. I did say i cut them but i NEVER said i stole them cause clearly i had permission. Now you have people trying to so hard to get something to happen against us. And i clearly will just laugh at all of you. You know nothing and you have nothing better to do then to just cry about these banners that were already torn apart. So continue to creep on all my social networks please do it. Cause it just looks pathetic. Grow up, todays a new day. You didn't create SOWO. And I'm sure even the people that did wouldn't even care as much as you guys. And finally whoever said that if we steal banners were liable to steal from peoples cars??? Are you kidding me? That is the most irrational thing i ever heard. Kinda like saying if you smoke weed you must smoke heroin. Or if you drink you must be an alcoholic. Stop trying to win a battle when noones fighting against you. You're the only ones who cares, so stop crying.
      You couldnt be more wrong sir.....just because they are silent DOSENT mean they dont care. I can assure you action will be taken. Thank you for making yourself public an making it that much easier of a process for the great crew that puts this show on for us. Now keep your non vag, fg a$$ out of our ****in shows! Your not worth having there nor should you be an you displayed perfectly why!

Vehicles
      To many to lsit
      05-22-2012 03:07 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by eudorrra View Post
      The folks that created Sowo were the ones calling people out HARD last year and the year prior
      We've taken it upon ourselves as enthusiast to do that for them this year.

Vehicles
      2003 TT quattro, 1978 Westfalia, 1982 Rabbit Diesel
      05-22-2012 03:08 PM #62
      Why not return the 'junk' banner you took then since you regard the show and its attendees so poorly in the first place.

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      05-22-2012 03:08 PM #63
      TL;DR

Vehicles
      2012 CC R-Line, 2001 GTI VR6 BT
      05-22-2012 03:12 PM #64
      Your a dumba$$
      Last edited by TONYESC76; 05-22-2012 at 03:14 PM.
      DFWEUROS

30. 05-22-2012 03:15 PM #65
      Someones Realllll Mad^ LOL It's nothing. How do you expect do get me in any sort of problem, when you have no proof of me stealing it? LMFAO. You think people are just gonna turn down someone into a show cause of what YOU believe? SORRRY. You're mad, they will see that. You know nothing. I told you the story if you don't wanna believe me. I don't care. Assume all you want. You just look like a fool. Until you find your "proof" that i stole something. Then i suggest you stop sounding like a fool. Clearly you don't know how anything works. Go back to helen and ask the police about the event. They hate it. And they wanted them banners down. He was gonna tear the already halfway torn down things away anyway and throw them away. So we just didn't wanna see them thrown away. Now you're super upset and gonna put a picture of us on here and make it seem like we are so guilty. GOODLUCK.

Vehicles
      RIP 2001 Jetta 1.8T, 2009 Jetta SE 2.5L, 2013 Jetta SE 2.5L 6AT
      05-22-2012 03:16 PM #66
      These were already halfway ripped off of the post from some guy who wanted to steal them previously, and we thought since the 10$ piece of junk banners are already ripped why not just take them.

They don't look ripped to me.

And proof.

Lawyered

Last edited by bwalzywolfsburg; 05-22-2012 at 03:21 PM.
      I love Yoga pants.

K
      CCO

Vehicles
      B8 S4 / HD Iron883
      05-22-2012 03:17 PM #67
      Rambling idiots text
      Holy d-bag

So your reasoning for stealing property is every did it so I did too...Hopefully lots of people in your town don't start commiting suicide so you see them doing it and take the same approach
      Let's face it, if you're a grown-ass man driving a Hyundai or Kia to work, your life plan didn't work out as expected

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      05-22-2012 03:17 PM #68
      Possession was all the proof that was needed when the Sowo organizers and VW community went after others that stole banners in the past. justsaayiinn
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      05-22-2012 03:23 PM #69
      Someones Realllll Mad^ LOL It's nothing. How do you expect do get me in any sort of problem, when you have no proof of me stealing it? LMFAO. You think people are just gonna turn down someone into a show cause of what YOU believe? SORRRY. You're mad, they will see that. You know nothing. I told you the story if you don't wanna believe me. I don't care. Assume all you want. You just look like a fool. Until you find your "proof" that i stole something. Then i suggest you stop sounding like a fool. Clearly you don't know how anything works. Go back to helen and ask the police about the event. They hate it. And they wanted them banners down. He was gonna tear the already halfway torn down things away anyway and throw them away. So we just didn't wanna see them thrown away. Now you're super upset and gonna put a picture of us on here and make it seem like we are so guilty. GOODLUCK.
      Wow. As someone who spent nearly all weekend with show staff/organizers, you couldn't be more wrong about literally everything in this post. Oh, the police don't hate the event, they just hate you.

Vehicles
      8v
      05-22-2012 03:24 PM #70
      I did think that MKII was cool. Fgt.

VWfiends

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast