Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Links back to The Car Lounge (opens in same window)
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *Unofficial* Pricing added to 2013 Ford Fusion configurator; Fusion S starts at $22,495

Vehicles
      2013 BMW 335is
      05-24-2012 12:50 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      The new Fusion should have useable rear seats which the CC lacks.
      Huh?

2. Member spongebob_squarepants's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '13 Passat SE, '13 Golf 4-Door 2.5L
      05-24-2012 09:19 AM #37
      Love the styling on the new Fusion.

Really hope they don't botch it with another crappy automatic transmission though. All the reviews I've read on Focus / Fiesta / Mustangs with their Chinese-built AT's are pretty negative on otherwise good cars.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-24-2012 09:25 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by akuma View Post
      i don't think the CC has adaptive cruise or lane departure warning or the gimmicky self park, but it does have a couple other features (adaptive HIDs, massaging and ventilated seats, rear power sun shade) including a much more powerful engine......
      ....that sucks gas like it's 1995. Seriously, 25mpg out of a V6 midsize sedan is downright unacceptable these days. Otherwise, it's a nice alternative, if you don't need a lot of backseat room.
      Last edited by Turbio!; 05-24-2012 at 09:30 AM.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

Vehicles
      '13 Focus, '08.5 MS3, '97 Wrangler, '94 and '90 Miatas
      05-24-2012 09:25 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by spongebob_squarepants View Post

Really hope they don't botch it with another crappy automatic transmission though. All the reviews I've read on Focus / Fiesta / Mustangs with their Chinese-built AT's are pretty negative on otherwise good cars.
      The PowerShift transmission in the Focus and Fiesta is built in Mexico. The Mustang's automatic transmission is built in Michigan.
      Looking for a ratty Miata? My runner and parts car are for sale. PM for details.
      http://www.speedsportlife.com
      Quote Originally Posted by mhjett View Post
      4+ pages and at least 1 death threat in a compact-car comparison test thread - oh wait, this is TCL.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-24-2012 09:27 AM #40

I think those reviews were and are unfair. Other than very early builds, they've reflashed the transmission software and they're all just fine by now. No, it doesn't act exactly like some smooshy torque converter auto, but any harshness is a thing of the past. I've driven a couple of Focuses with that transmission and found them refreshingly crisp.

The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.

6. Member spongebob_squarepants's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '13 Passat SE, '13 Golf 4-Door 2.5L
      05-24-2012 10:26 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by PassSedanGLX View Post
      The PowerShift transmission in the Focus and Fiesta is built in Mexico. The Mustang's automatic transmission is built in Michigan.
      I stand corrected. Regardless of country of manufacture, the Mexican-built Focus / Fiesta tranny and American-built 'Stang tranny have not gotten stellar reviews. I hope the '13 Fusion has a good AT.

Chinese would be the MT-82 six speed manual in the Mustang.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI and V70 3.2
      05-24-2012 10:46 AM #42
      HIDs?

http://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/2013...page=Feature27

Quote Originally Posted by Ford

Laser-cut Projector Headlights

The projector laser-cut headlamps clearly communicate the persona of this thoroughly modern vehicle. The headlamps are designed with a wider aspect ratio (the ratio of the width of the image to its height) compared to the tall headlights seen on many other production cars. Available lighting features include automatic headlamps that activate when the light lessens, plus automatic high beam headlamps. When activated, they automatically change modes, going from low beam to high beam to provide enhanced illumination.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-24-2012 11:11 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      Halogen projectors with optional HIDs.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI and V70 3.2
      05-24-2012 11:17 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Halogen projectors with optional HIDs.

Hmmm... Only on the Titanium Package? I didn't see the option.

05-24-2012 01:39 PM #45
      I stand corrected. Regardless of country of manufacture, the Mexican-built Focus / Fiesta tranny and American-built 'Stang tranny have not gotten stellar reviews. I hope the '13 Fusion has a good AT.

Chinese would be the MT-82 six speed manual in the Mustang.
      Fusion and Escape get the same 6-speed GM-Ford FWD tranny that is used in a gazillion other cars from Buick Regal to Ford Explorer.

11. 05-25-2012 01:15 AM #46
      ....that sucks gas like it's 1995. Seriously, 25mpg out of a V6 midsize sedan is downright unacceptable these days. Otherwise, it's a nice alternative, if you don't need a lot of backseat room.
      does the 2012 Fusion Sport V6 AWD suck gas like it's 1995? it only gets 17/25 as well. how about the 2013 MKZ V6 AWD with or without Ecoboost? it's probably not going to do much better. but a thirsty V6 is justified in a luxury car, i guess. the new Azera gets 29 mpg on regular (although FWD only) despite being a larger, heavier and more powerful car. i don't think the new Fusion 2.0 with AWD is going to do better than 31 mpg according to the EPA, considering the Escape only gets 28 mpg and the weight-to-power ratios are fairly similar. considering that the boosted engines are relatively underpowered compared to their V6 competitors, i bet you'll have to punch the gas more to get similar performance. i don't think the real world difference between the 2.0 and the V6s are going to be that different. just look at Hyundai/Kia's turbos.

12. Banned
      05-25-2012 07:34 PM #47
      My question is why no stick in the 2.5L model. It would make it more affordable and probably better to drive as well.

Vehicles
      1995 Audi S6
      05-26-2012 04:25 PM #48
      You're the second person to say that about the CC's rear seats. I feel pretty comfy in the back of it, no less so than my road-boat's. Granted, my friend's sasquatch brother might find it less than roomy, but the CC's back seat isn't like a Camaro's or anything.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-26-2012 04:30 PM #49
      does the 2012 Fusion Sport V6 AWD suck gas like it's 1995? it only gets 17/25 as well. s.
      No, I'm not referring to the outgoing and already out of production last-gen model.

i don't think the real world difference between the 2.0 and the V6s are going to be that different. just look at Hyundai/Kia's turbos.
      The Hyundai and Kia engines are rated at 36mpg. Even driven hard, they still return 30mpg.

i don't think the new Fusion 2.0 with AWD is going to do better than 31 mpg according to the EPA, considering the Escape only gets 28 mpg and the weight-to-power ratios are fairly similar.s.
      Weight is not terribly relevant to highway fuel economy. Frontal area and cD is usually the main issue. The Fusion has less frontal area than the Escape, and so it should be up around 33-35mpg highway.
      Last edited by Turbio!; 05-26-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Vehicles
      2004 Audi S4 Avant
      06-03-2012 10:18 PM #50
      So does anyone here know what month this is supposed to be released in?

Vehicles
      2003 Golf TDI
      06-03-2012 10:36 PM #51
      I want to say they should start arriving at dealers this month but it may be Fall 2012.

07-10-2012 05:15 PM #52
      any news on a Fusion ST or Sport model?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12