Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *Unofficial* Pricing added to 2013 Ford Fusion configurator; Fusion S starts at $22,495

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-23-2012 02:14 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by maximaboost View Post
      I think it looks more like a $59k car
      That's reaching so far it's damn near yoga.

Quote Originally Posted by socarwolverine View Post
      39K for a family sedan does not speak "great time to be a car buyer" to me. Maybe it's just me though.
      Why not? It's a cheaper, vastly higher-value, better equipped alternative to the hilariously overpriced "luxury" makes that put things like power seats in a "Premium Package" on top of their stratospheric base prices. If you forego a few options, you get an excellent AWD sedan that's equipped with most luxury features anybody could want, with a punchy turbo four, for between $33-39k. Paying what they charge for an extremely basic Regal, TSX, A4, ES350, CC or what have you but getting a loaded car strikes me as a win for the car buyer.
      Last edited by Turbio!; 05-23-2012 at 02:28 PM.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-23-2012 02:29 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Lwize View Post
      I'm having trouble wrapping my head around a 1.6T Fusion stick at $26K.
      Actually, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around a 1.6T Fusion at any price.
      When did the US become part of the EU?
      Inflation. Keep up with it. $26k is not what $26k was ten years ago. But adjusted for inflation, this is what midsize sedans have always cost, and midsize sedans didn't used to come with turbos and lots of standard equipment.

The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.

Vehicles
      '07 Jetta 2.0t
      05-23-2012 03:36 PM #28
      Dear Ford,

Please put the V6TT SHO engine and AWD drivetrain into this and sell us a Fusion RS.

also

amazing what the different wheels and ride height can do for looks...

vs

Last edited by sirswank; 05-23-2012 at 03:41 PM.

4. 05-23-2012 03:56 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Why not? It's a cheaper, vastly higher-value, better equipped alternative to the hilariously overpriced "luxury" makes that put things like power seats in a "Premium Package" on top of their stratospheric base prices. If you forego a few options, you get an excellent AWD sedan that's equipped with most luxury features anybody could want, with a punchy turbo four, for between $33-39k. Paying what they charge for an extremely basic Regal, TSX, A4, ES350, CC or what have you but getting a loaded car strikes me as a win for the car buyer.
      I get what you're saying for the most part, but since I've been car shopping lately I've looked at some of the alternatives you mentioned. The Audi and Benz can't touch the feature list for the price, this is true. I don't know much about the Regal, but the TSX can't even be configured as nice as the Ford. But the CC, from what i've seen, comes with everything the ford has and more. I can get ventilated seats, HID's, a V6, and heated mirrors with the AWD CC for only a little bit more. The CC seems pretty comparable to me.

5. 05-23-2012 04:27 PM #30
      I really like the Fusion's new looks, too. Hopefully it does drive as good as it looks.

Ironically as Ford and Mazda part ways, their newest mid size sedan offerings share the same direction. From so-so to va-va-va-voom.

I hope the next gen 6 is available with a 6MT in a top trim level....

05-23-2012 05:34 PM #31
      Is it me or does it feel like this will take away sales of the Ford Taurus?

The Ford Taurus offers a great interior, bold design, and great value for the money.

But with the Ford Fusion doing the same and at a lesser price, what advantage does the Taurus have? Just room and engine really.

05-23-2012 05:49 PM #32
      I get what you're saying for the most part, but since I've been car shopping lately I've looked at some of the alternatives you mentioned. The Audi and Benz can't touch the feature list for the price, this is true. I don't know much about the Regal, but the TSX can't even be configured as nice as the Ford. But the CC, from what i've seen, comes with everything the ford has and more. I can get ventilated seats, HID's, a V6, and heated mirrors with the AWD CC for only a little bit more. The CC seems pretty comparable to me.
      The new Fusion should have useable rear seats which the CC lacks. And I think it is more than "a little more". According to the article in the OP, Titanium AWD is estimated to start at $33k. CC 4Motion is $41k. Granted it has V6 but it also sucks premium gas like it is 1989.

VW doesn't sell a CC 2.0T 4Motion but the FWD "Lux" model 2.0T starts at $35k, about $4k more than FWD Fusion Titanium. Again, 12% more expensive.
      Last edited by bzcat; 05-23-2012 at 05:52 PM.

8. 05-23-2012 06:32 PM #33
      i don't think the CC has adaptive cruise or lane departure warning or the gimmicky self park, but it does have a couple other features (adaptive HIDs, massaging and ventilated seats, rear power sun shade) including a much more powerful engine. the new Azera is the same, except that it doesn't have AWD. the Korean market Azera (Grandeur) does have all the extra safety tech of the Fusion and the self park, but i guess they felt it wasn't worth it in the U.S. the only other mainstream cars that comes close in feature content are the Kia Optima SXL and the LaCrosse and maybe the Regal GS. the CC is over $42k however, while the Hyundai is around $37k (no available AWD) and the Kia is around $35k, although the regular SX is couple thousand less for less leather, wood, and chrome. the Buicks can approach $45 and $40k respectively. this makes me think that the new MKZ will approach $50k fully loaded, which seems a bit high for the Fusion/Mondeo platform.

as i've said before, Ford is becoming the old Volkswagen in terms of pricing. i'm not sure how that bodes for sales if the CC, Tiguan and Touareg are any indication.

Vehicles
      2008 9-3 2.0t
      05-23-2012 07:32 PM #34
      I love this car. If I was in the market for a vehicle right now I'd be seriously considering Ford's offerings.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Corvette Stingray, 2015 Cadillac Escalade
      05-24-2012 12:47 AM #35
      39K for a family sedan does not speak "great time to be a car buyer" to me. Maybe it's just me though.
      I'm not sure if you thought this through/or taking the term "family sedan" too literally. The Fusion is clearly parked in the high end of this class--and organically, so are base model 3 series etc. The amount of tech/variety offered in the mid $35K class---from a near track ready family sedan in the Regal GS, to a car that has tech reserved for D segment cars like the Fusion. And they all represent diversity! Perhaps I'm old, but I can clearly remember times in which other than going the VW//Audi/base BMW route (with the odd SVT or Subaru thrown in) if you wanted a nicer sedan that hit the performance/styling/practicality balance, a buyer was SOL. But to each his/her own

Vehicles
      2015 BMW M3
      05-24-2012 12:50 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      The new Fusion should have useable rear seats which the CC lacks.
      Huh?

12. Member spongebob_squarepants's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '13 Passat SE, '13 Golf 4-Door 2.5L
      05-24-2012 09:19 AM #37
      Love the styling on the new Fusion.

Really hope they don't botch it with another crappy automatic transmission though. All the reviews I've read on Focus / Fiesta / Mustangs with their Chinese-built AT's are pretty negative on otherwise good cars.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-24-2012 09:25 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by akuma View Post
      i don't think the CC has adaptive cruise or lane departure warning or the gimmicky self park, but it does have a couple other features (adaptive HIDs, massaging and ventilated seats, rear power sun shade) including a much more powerful engine......
      ....that sucks gas like it's 1995. Seriously, 25mpg out of a V6 midsize sedan is downright unacceptable these days. Otherwise, it's a nice alternative, if you don't need a lot of backseat room.
      Last edited by Turbio!; 05-24-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Vehicles
      '15 5.0, '13 Focus, '97 Wrangler, '90 Miata
      05-24-2012 09:25 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by spongebob_squarepants View Post

Really hope they don't botch it with another crappy automatic transmission though. All the reviews I've read on Focus / Fiesta / Mustangs with their Chinese-built AT's are pretty negative on otherwise good cars.
      The PowerShift transmission in the Focus and Fiesta is built in Mexico. The Mustang's automatic transmission is built in Michigan.
      www.leftlanenews.com
      @SSLByron, @leftlanenews
      Domestic Muscle Owners Not-So-Anonymous
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      Can we just have more boob pics, please?

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-24-2012 09:27 AM #40

I think those reviews were and are unfair. Other than very early builds, they've reflashed the transmission software and they're all just fine by now. No, it doesn't act exactly like some smooshy torque converter auto, but any harshness is a thing of the past. I've driven a couple of Focuses with that transmission and found them refreshingly crisp.

16. Member spongebob_squarepants's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '13 Passat SE, '13 Golf 4-Door 2.5L
      05-24-2012 10:26 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by PassSedanGLX View Post
      The PowerShift transmission in the Focus and Fiesta is built in Mexico. The Mustang's automatic transmission is built in Michigan.
      I stand corrected. Regardless of country of manufacture, the Mexican-built Focus / Fiesta tranny and American-built 'Stang tranny have not gotten stellar reviews. I hope the '13 Fusion has a good AT.

Chinese would be the MT-82 six speed manual in the Mustang.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      05-24-2012 10:46 AM #42
      HIDs?

http://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/2013...page=Feature27

Quote Originally Posted by Ford

Laser-cut Projector Headlights

The projector laser-cut headlamps clearly communicate the persona of this thoroughly modern vehicle. The headlamps are designed with a wider aspect ratio (the ratio of the width of the image to its height) compared to the tall headlights seen on many other production cars. Available lighting features include automatic headlamps that activate when the light lessens, plus automatic high beam headlamps. When activated, they automatically change modes, going from low beam to high beam to provide enhanced illumination.
      كافر
      Save the Nürburgring!

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Gotta keep right on the 'Ring. German road rules apply.
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      I think you and I have mentioned this one a few times over the years.
      Might as well just make it our signatures at this point.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-24-2012 11:11 AM #43
      Halogen projectors with optional HIDs.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      05-24-2012 11:17 AM #44
      Halogen projectors with optional HIDs.

Hmmm... Only on the Titanium Package? I didn't see the option.
      كافر
      Save the Nürburgring!

Gotta keep right on the 'Ring. German road rules apply.
      I think you and I have mentioned this one a few times over the years.
      Might as well just make it our signatures at this point.

05-24-2012 01:39 PM #45
      I stand corrected. Regardless of country of manufacture, the Mexican-built Focus / Fiesta tranny and American-built 'Stang tranny have not gotten stellar reviews. I hope the '13 Fusion has a good AT.

Chinese would be the MT-82 six speed manual in the Mustang.
      Fusion and Escape get the same 6-speed GM-Ford FWD tranny that is used in a gazillion other cars from Buick Regal to Ford Explorer.

21. 05-25-2012 01:15 AM #46
      ....that sucks gas like it's 1995. Seriously, 25mpg out of a V6 midsize sedan is downright unacceptable these days. Otherwise, it's a nice alternative, if you don't need a lot of backseat room.
      does the 2012 Fusion Sport V6 AWD suck gas like it's 1995? it only gets 17/25 as well. how about the 2013 MKZ V6 AWD with or without Ecoboost? it's probably not going to do much better. but a thirsty V6 is justified in a luxury car, i guess. the new Azera gets 29 mpg on regular (although FWD only) despite being a larger, heavier and more powerful car. i don't think the new Fusion 2.0 with AWD is going to do better than 31 mpg according to the EPA, considering the Escape only gets 28 mpg and the weight-to-power ratios are fairly similar. considering that the boosted engines are relatively underpowered compared to their V6 competitors, i bet you'll have to punch the gas more to get similar performance. i don't think the real world difference between the 2.0 and the V6s are going to be that different. just look at Hyundai/Kia's turbos.

22. Banned
      05-25-2012 07:34 PM #47
      My question is why no stick in the 2.5L model. It would make it more affordable and probably better to drive as well.

Vehicles
      1995 Audi S6
      05-26-2012 04:25 PM #48
      You're the second person to say that about the CC's rear seats. I feel pretty comfy in the back of it, no less so than my road-boat's. Granted, my friend's sasquatch brother might find it less than roomy, but the CC's back seat isn't like a Camaro's or anything.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-26-2012 04:30 PM #49
      does the 2012 Fusion Sport V6 AWD suck gas like it's 1995? it only gets 17/25 as well. s.
      No, I'm not referring to the outgoing and already out of production last-gen model.

i don't think the real world difference between the 2.0 and the V6s are going to be that different. just look at Hyundai/Kia's turbos.
      The Hyundai and Kia engines are rated at 36mpg. Even driven hard, they still return 30mpg.

i don't think the new Fusion 2.0 with AWD is going to do better than 31 mpg according to the EPA, considering the Escape only gets 28 mpg and the weight-to-power ratios are fairly similar.s.
      Weight is not terribly relevant to highway fuel economy. Frontal area and cD is usually the main issue. The Fusion has less frontal area than the Escape, and so it should be up around 33-35mpg highway.
      Last edited by Turbio!; 05-26-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Vehicles
      2015 Audi A3 2.0T S-Line
      06-03-2012 10:18 PM #50
      So does anyone here know what month this is supposed to be released in?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast