Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: question about using MKV GTI suspension

05-23-2012 07:35 AM #1
      a friend of mine has a 2009 jetta TDI and was wondering if the suspension from a MKV GTI (shocks ONLY) will work on his TDI.

as for springs he wants to use something that will lower the car a bit (as using the stock MKV GTI springs may not lower the TDI at all) and he wants to use H&R sports

has anyone done this set up on a 2009 Jetta TDI?? if so pictures would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      92 Jetta GLI 1.6TD Ripper (VNT20 Turbo), 86 GTI (Wolfsburg Golf), 86 Audi Coupe GT
      05-23-2012 01:24 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by silverrbeast View Post
      a friend of mine has a 2009 jetta TDI and was wondering if the suspension from a MKV GTI (shocks ONLY) will work on his TDI.

as for springs he wants to use something that will lower the car a bit (as using the stock MKV GTI springs may not lower the TDI at all) and he wants to use H&R sports

has anyone done this set up on a 2009 Jetta TDI?? if so pictures would be greatly appreciated.
      is there something wrong with the right parts for the car?

3. Member
      Vehicles
      09 jetta tdi, 06 RRS
      05-23-2012 06:26 PM #3
      I have gti struts, h&r springs and a gti rear swaybar on my 2009 jetta tdi. The gti and gli shocks are the exact same. People said the h&r sports for a gti would sag in the rear but the fender to tire gap is the exact same as my friends 2008 gti with the exact same springs.

Tell your friend to do it. Well worth it and you can source used sets with low miles for dirt cheap.

10-09-2012 09:29 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by gtboost View Post
      I have gti struts, h&r springs and a gti rear swaybar on my 2009 jetta tdi. The gti and gli shocks are the exact same. People said the h&r sports for a gti would sag in the rear but the fender to tire gap is the exact same as my friends 2008 gti with the exact same springs.

Tell your friend to do it. Well worth it and you can source used sets with low miles for dirt cheap.

do you happen to have any pictures of this set up on your 09 TDI??
      because i would like to use GTI shocks and H&R sport springs on my 09 TDI as well

also if anybody else has this set up, can you please post up some pictures??

thx

5. Member
      Vehicles
      09 jetta tdi, 06 RRS
      10-09-2012 09:40 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by silverrbeast View Post
      do you happen to have any pictures of this set up on your 09 TDI??
      because i would like to use GTI shocks and H&R sport springs on my 09 TDI as well

also if anybody else has this set up, can you please post up some pictures??

thx
      Here you go.

http://instagr.am/p/Ne9EI-t7xU/

http://instagr.am/p/P-jfUdt74e/

http://instagr.am/p/NXMZ0nt74A/