Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: We're listening....

Vehicles
      92 Monstah 4Lugz6Slugz,84 GLI fo'door
      05-26-2012 11:06 AM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Longride View Post
      Lots of good ideas being tossed around in here!

Parking on the show grounds Saturday: If you were turned away by anyone in a bright orange Security shirt it's because we were told that only vendor cars (or cars where someone had a vendor laminate) and people that had a ticket/receipt from one of the vendors doing a software flash were allowed in. Sorry just doing what we were told.

Parking on the show grounds over night... I haven't heard of anything coming up missing/vandalized but there were about 15 Syndicate volunteers and a lot of the H2OTuning guys up there til 11:15 Fri and then 5 of us, til 10ish Sat in the pouring rain to keep an eye on isht. Friday night there were 3 police cruisers from 10pm and stayed all night behind the locked gates. I hope more people take advantage of the secure parking next year. Nothing happened to any of our cars and I'm sure the fences, lights and hiring local police was NOT cheap!

The organization of the show is taken care of by the wonderful guys and gals of H2OTuning but once we (all of us) arrive it's everyone's responsibility to make sure it runs smoothly. From picking up your trash and the trash of fools that can't walk 40feet to a trash can to calling out the idiots that give the community a bad name.

What I'd like to see:
      More donations for Relay for Life! How much did you spend on a pack of smokes, case of beer, 2 egg breakfast at huddle house at 3am? $5 out of your pocket at a free show is not a lot to ask, especially when it's going to a great charity.
      How about putting a "donate now" option on the online registration?

mist tents...whoever was the first to bring this up I love you

lower volume at the DJ stage and for gods sake change it up! I understand a lot of people like that dubstep techno crap but could we catch a break from it every once in a while??

I and the Syndicate love this show, I don't care if they change anything we'll still be there in full support. What I see that really needs changed are the attitude of the 5-10% that are out of control after a couple beers. Grow up, GTFO or bring your moms next year if you want someone to babysit and clean up after you.
      couldn't agree more........
      These guys do it every year and i ammend all the groups that help out and made SoWo so fvckin awesome.......
      Its all been laid out pretty much, i have a suggestion for the R4L donation we do one at the gate when u enter for BROKEDOWN and our show is FREE also and every year the amount that goes in that donation box just baffles us each time its grown rediculously....instead of show cars paying 20+ to get in they see it going towards a great cause... so they fill that box up quick...
      anyways keep it up boys and to the meatwhistles that act a foo''' middlefingahz and like Rev said have yo momma come babysit your azz'z
      Jay Fay
      Broke.Status.N.E.K<3F6squared<3GetLow<3VwFiends<3Fifteen52<3Ban chWerks<3sdobbinsphotography<3CreEp CuStOmZR.I.P.ALEXIR.I.P.Scott TaylorR.I.P. Moses
      DrivenApparelGengstout#SLAW#

Vehicles
      '97 Gti Vr6(stolen), 01 Gti Vr6(sold), current -'09 Gti (metallic gray, autobahn package)
      05-27-2012 08:13 PM #102
      A booth with ice cold beer would be great.
      This was my first time at SOWO and so far the best event I have ever been to.
      Unitronic stage 2+
      DubCreationsNY.com
      ..:SOWO '13 survivor:..

Vehicles
      2010 CC 3.6 4Motion Exec.
      05-27-2012 08:43 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by Jacenty8 View Post
      A booth with ice cold beer would be great.
      This was my first time at SOWO and so far the best event I have ever been to.
      Apparently, you didn't come by my tent, because the bier was cold and free in most cases.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      1999 mitsubishi gsx 2001 jetta 1.8t
      05-27-2012 11:29 PM #104
      unfortunately i couldn't go and wanted to, i drive an eclipse, sure its nice shaved bay almost, almost stanced ,big turbo, but i agree not vag cars should have there own little spot to park, where ever that way there are that group and vag cars, i know on evo vs sti day and all those groups sure its a specific car show but we do leave spots or an area for other nice cars. just my suggestion, i love to look at hondas and everything if there done right just as much as i love looking at vw, from what I've read garbage and recycling bins but heard it was an awesome show and the videos looked amazing :thumb up: looking forward to next year to finally get to go

Vehicles
      '97 Gti Vr6(stolen), 01 Gti Vr6(sold), current -'09 Gti (metallic gray, autobahn package)
      05-28-2012 12:23 AM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by Rheinland Technik View Post
      Apparently, you didn't come by my tent, because the bier was cold and free in most cases.
      Where was your tent located?
      Unitronic stage 2+
      DubCreationsNY.com
      ..:SOWO '13 survivor:..

6. 05-28-2012 09:20 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by son of planrforrobert View Post
      Chip and ECU tuning guys, started by the guy that used to write tunes for C2. I was hoping they would be on hand so I could get a good deal on a FI tune for my Jetta.
      Ask the SoWo guys about this. I heard that UM wanted to sponsor, but were turned away? I know a buddy was going to get his car tuned while there but couldn't because they were not allowed at the show.

Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta SportWagen, RIP Bagged Mk4 GTI
      05-31-2012 07:19 PM #107
      Didn't read through all of the suggestions so sorry if this is a repeat, but aside from what everyone else was saying---

- creating a cut off point before chaos hits. i had friends who were pre-registered as number 3xx and they didn't get to park on the grounds because of space even though . it didn't seem fair that people were able to register and park on the grounds the day of the show when so many pre-registers didn't even have space to park. Again, charging a registration fee would cut back on this problem.
      I know that no-show pre-registers make this difficult, but it was just something that didnt sit well with me.

just my opinion but awesome show regardless!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345