Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

View Poll Results: What service do you have if you had GOOD cell service in Helen?

Voters
    53. You may not vote on this poll
    • AT&T

7 13.21%
    • Verizon

33 62.26%
    • Sprint

7 13.21%
    • T-Mobile

6 11.32%
    • Other

0 0%
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who had solid cell coverage in Helen?!?!

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      a T5
      05-24-2012 11:56 AM #36
      Sprint has never let me down with coverage, even when I worked out in the middle of butt **** no where Paisley FL.
      Sprint was only one that got service out there.

My phone makes calls and sends texts no problem on 1 bar of service.
      Internet is slow but works fine as well.
      2 bars is a different ball game with the internet working amazing.

Overall, I only had 1 dead spot which was between two buildings when we took a short cut to old helendorf and tried calling someone
      Outside of that, no problems at all from downtown to the hotel room.
      Americas best was on a large hill so that helped the reception a bit.

2. 05-24-2012 11:59 AM #37
      Had good call service with verizon, even in the mountains, but 3g data was slooooowww.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Vehicles
      Indigo Blue B5.5 wagon (hers), Silverstone B5.5 wagon (his), 96 Passat TDI (his), 90 Corrado (his)
      05-24-2012 12:38 PM #38
      Verizon has never left me down. I had full service at sowo. I have driven from NC to Washington state and always had coverage while two friends with different cell phone providers didn't. They ended up using my phone all the time.

Up on the mountains, down at the lake, down the highway, even under water I have always been able to say "can you hear me now?

No, I don't work for Verizon. Just my $0.02 cents
      Check out some of my vortex feedback: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?952415

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3
      05-24-2012 12:58 PM #39
      I had great service...

...when I got there Wednesday, lol, I like getting away for this show so no service was another way to escape from life in the regular world

Sent from a rotary telephone

05-24-2012 01:10 PM #40
      The reason Verison has such great coverage is because they have a tower just off Blood Mountain and is a hotspot. Everyone should have "OK" coverage in Helen itself, but should fade away pretty quick once heading to the mountains.

(comment made at work behind the counter of MetroPCS store)

6. Member
      Vehicles
      Bagged Noggy S4
      05-26-2012 08:54 AM #41
      I have AT&T, didn't attend SOWO, but basing your decision on that isn't a true way of knowing where to go. I live in PA, right next to the MD boarder and travel all of the hilly back roads between here and Conawingo, etc. and never have any issues. Where as my co-worker who has Sprint, doesn't get service 80-90% of the time down there. Verizon also is horrible once you get away from the city.

I've traveled all over PA and I do get spotty service from time to time, but its really limited. It might be your phone as some phones on this network seem to get better service then others. (i.e. my Iphone4 in my house has 2 bars, my wifes Samsung Captive Slide has full service and 4g) I have noticed that my iphone always gets sub par signal verses other phones on the same network in the same area.

I would def check out different phones then the Iphone. I like it and got it after the bandwagon passed. I came from the Android side and will be returning. Its a nice phone, had it over a year, but it does and does not do, some of the easiest/dumbest functions that irritate me.
      Who knows...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12