Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's with the Hondas?

1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      e30
      05-23-2012 11:43 PM #1
      Seems like there were lots more Hondas here this year? What's with all the non VAG?

Vehicles
      84 VW Rabbit GTI, 84 VW Jetta Coupe
      05-24-2012 12:21 AM #2
      They know that VAG's have the better events.

Vehicles
      2003 mk4 jetta
      05-24-2012 12:27 AM #3
      I agree.. i thought this was a vag show..i see a lot of non-euro cars at other shows (h2o) id like just one show to be completely vag.

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      05-24-2012 12:31 AM #4
      I saw like 4

5. 05-24-2012 12:36 AM #5

But really, he was part of the group that was in my cabin and was a previous owner of VW/Audi cars

Vehicles
      84 VW Rabbit GTI, 84 VW Jetta Coupe
      05-24-2012 12:37 AM #6
      Well some of these guys are friend or used to have dubs and they like to hang and look at the cars.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      B7 Audi RS4, B6 Imola A4 Avant 5speed
      05-24-2012 12:51 AM #7
      I personally dont like hondas but seriousley looking at GTI and Jettas on coils and knock off wheels or even nice wheels ets old.. its cool and all but i dont mind seeing other cars either and different styles VW dudes tend to all stick to the same **** its at least nice to see on other cars..why you complaining more the merrier and more fun partying

Vehicles
      bagged BMP 20th
      05-24-2012 01:05 AM #8
      lol gtfo some of the non-vag cars were the nicest **** there.
      lauren.
      i keep it real.

Vehicles
      04DBP R32, 07Yukon XL Denali,96Cabrio(totaled),81Caddy(sold),00GTIvr(sold),06Passat(sold),01Jetta18t
      05-24-2012 01:13 AM #9
      Don't forget the miata killing the mountain. Gotta respect them wanting to be a part of this event. It has went from 150 cars 6 years ago to 2000+. People wanna see what that's about.

10. Banned
      Vehicles
      no dubs :(
      05-24-2012 02:39 AM #10
      it's the "look at me i'm cool, i'm an outcast" idea - which in the end is fail.

we need to recruit enough VAG drivers to fill up the hotels so none are left for these guys.

i don't go to honda events, for good reason

someone said that rice was thrown at some of their cars hahahaha.

apparently some of them were total f--sticks. including the guy with the matte black subaru with the Jack Daniels style logo on his hood at the Dorf.

Vehicles
      04 GTI
      05-24-2012 02:44 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by lauren. View Post
      lol gtfo some of the non-vag cars were the nicest **** there.
      this
      World Class Fad

Top Gear Auto- Gloucester, MA

Vehicles
      '87 Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
      05-24-2012 03:18 AM #12
      While not exactly a Honda fan, I'm not totally against the fact that some people at SoWo don't drive a VAG car to the event (such as girlfriends, guys who used to have a VW/Audi/etc, friends of VAG guys, or even people whose VAG car decided to not cooperate and so they had to drive their non-VAG car instead). However, trying to get as much attention as possible by revving the hell out of your Miata constantly? Um... dude buddy, you do realize you're at a VW/Audi show, surrounded by VW/Audi people, and you're driving a Mazda Miata, right?

My current project: 1987 Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
      My previous project: 1984 Mk1 Rabbit GTI 16v

Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI Autobahn
      05-24-2012 07:52 AM #13
      I don't have a problem with non-VAG cars being in town, but I don't think they should be in the show. It's well known this is a show for VAG, not Japanese or anything else. I don't dislike them, but this is our community, our show. My wife didn't understand last year why so many BMWs were there, but at least they were Euro.

Vehicles
      MKV .:R32
      05-24-2012 08:24 AM #14
      I didn't mind that they were there but there were 2 S2000's who were speeding into the show through the exit road while people were trying to leave. I mean come on, if you're going to be there at least respect the show rules especially if you're not in the show.

Vehicles
      mk1, mk3, mk4
      05-24-2012 08:31 AM #15
      what's with all the hate? why not just appreciate cars for what they are?
      Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta Gti View Post
      what happened to just building a car for you, not for attention

Vehicles
      2003 Silverstone GTI 1.8t(Gone), 2006 Brilliant Red Audi A3 3.2Q
      05-24-2012 08:32 AM #16
      How about that disgusting looking purple/pinkish civic with the broken rear fenders cause of the crazy amount of camber it had.
      Mods:Unitronics Stage 1+ | UM DSG Tune | Magnaflow Catback | HPA SHS Coilovers | MODSHACK VTDA intake
      VRSociety #172

Quote Originally Posted by Boost112 View Post
      Interests:Food being shoved in hot chicks faces.... and other stuff....

Vehicles
      Current: '13 Candy white CC, ....Previous:'12 Candy White CC,'12 Deep Black VW CC
      05-24-2012 08:51 AM #17
      I got a pic of this purple one:

P1080258

P1080259

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, '14 Jeep
      05-24-2012 09:33 AM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post
      it's the "look at me i'm cool, i'm an outcast" idea - which in the end is fail.

we need to recruit enough VAG drivers to fill up the hotels so none are left for these guys.

i don't go to honda events, for good reason

someone said that rice was thrown at some of their cars hahahaha.

apparently some of them were total f--sticks. including the guy with the matte black subaru with the Jack Daniels style logo on his hood at the Dorf.
      Wow

Btw I'm pretty sure Manny with the WRX been going to SoWo for longer than most people who were there this year

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 09:49 AM #19
      I don't mind them being around, but I actually was disappointed when I saw them on the show field. The staff was turning away some German cars, but allowed the JDM stuff in. What upset me more was that vendor vehicles carrying their crap were turned away, while other cars were allowed to simply park with the rest of the VAG cars.

There were nice Japanese cars rolling around during the weekend, but they should have been excluded from the show on Saturday unless they were dropping off vendor kit.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport
      |F0TZ3 HA5E| - The Project
      VWVolkshaus: Haus des Verrückten

Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI Autobahn
      05-24-2012 10:10 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      There were nice Japanese cars rolling around during the weekend, but they should have been excluded from the show on Saturday unless they were dropping off vendor kit.
      This.

21. 05-24-2012 10:17 AM #21
      I have a solution to this problem. When any of you start to wonder "why all these damn Hondas?', Please step back and take a dose of GetOverYourSelf OTC. It's a wonderful product that helps prevent cases of viral snobbery and the onset of hyper asshattery.

Gasp*!*! car enthusiast using their own car to drive to a car show attended by car enthusiast of other car makes???!!! Just WOW, Thats got to be just some big dose of rediculous. What will I ever do?

Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI Autobahn
      05-24-2012 10:29 AM #22
      Would this also mean we should just park our VAGs in a Mustang car show (I know, bad reference)? If the other cars keep parking in the show, I really don't care, but when people like my wife (she has 0 interest in cars) noticed and says things like "I thought this was a VW/Audi show, why are so many Hondas etc. here?" that says a lot. Come to the show, but come to see what the VAG scene is all about, not because you have the urge to show your car at the show.

It isn't about being a snob, at least for me, and I know the show's free, so I'm not really bothered, but I can go anywhere and see JDM, Fords, Chevys, and so forth; I just think it's cool to be able to go to a show for only VWs and Audis. In a lot of ways our scene is way different, but I think a lot of this has changed with the show growing each year as well.

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, '14 Jeep
      05-24-2012 10:34 AM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by nolesfan View Post
      Would this also mean we should just park our VAGs in a Mustang car show (I know, bad reference)? If the other cars keep parking in the show, I really don't care, but when people like my wife (she has 0 interest in cars) noticed and says things like "I thought this was a VW/Audi show, why are so many Hondas etc. here?" that says a lot. Come to the show, but come to see what the VAG scene is all about, not because you have the urge to show your car at the show.

It isn't about being a snob, at least for me, and I know the show's free, so I'm not really bothered, but I can go anywhere and see JDM, Fords, Chevys, and so forth; I just think it's cool to be able to go to a show for only VWs and Audis. In a lot of ways our scene is way different, but I think a lot of this has changed with the show growing each year as well.
      Yes it's different in the sense that we are more welcoming of other cars and people can hang out with VAG enthusiasts without worrying about having their cars trashed as would be the case if we went to a Honda show or something. That's one of the things that I've always liked about VAG owners and think it's one of the reasons why there is so much enthusiasm and participation at our events with less issues than at a JDM or domestic show

Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI Autobahn
      05-24-2012 10:39 AM #24
      Your point brings me to another question... why are the other shows, JDM stuff in particular so bad about stealing or damaging property? I know, off topic so don't answer if you don't want. I've never been to another specific show, other than classics back in the day. Those guys never had the same rift raft and shenanigans.

25. 05-24-2012 10:41 AM #25
      I drove my Evo down, and didn't mind parking outside. I knew the event was for VWs/Audis, I didnt come to show off my car but rather to enjoy the cars that I knew were going to be present. I honestly dont even go to JDM/Honda meets just because of issues mentioned already in this thread. Being a Non-Vag attendee, I was also kinda confused on the jdm/non-vag cars in the show while there was plenty of vw's that couldn't get in.

I've owned VW's since the day I moved to this country, and its kinda funny that people are bashing other cars for attending the event as if they're 10 years old. We're all car enthusiasts at the end of the day.

Vehicles
      AP1
      05-24-2012 10:45 AM #26
      just want to take this time to thank everyone that was so cool this weekend. My S got so much love from non closed minded people I have had multiple vw's before this car, and still daily drive a gti. I dont view myself as an outcast, because i still have so many friends in the vw scene that still view me the same way. Thats one of the reasons why i keep coming to these shows.
      pic from the cabin

seems to me that people that have been in the scene awhile are the ones that are welcoming to all makes.(**** you wont find a nicer mk4 than swoops 'car and he LOVED my car.
      My car is 100% euro inspired, and real euro enthusiasts appreciate it.

When people stop coming to car shows for cars, and start coming to see friends they only get to see once or twice a year, all the little bull**** doesnt matter anymore.
      I'm not a star. Somebody lied.

Vehicles
      AP1
      05-24-2012 10:47 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by nolesfan View Post
      Your point brings me to another question... why are the other shows, JDM stuff in particular so bad about stealing or damaging property? I know, off topic so don't answer if you don't want. I've never been to another specific show, other than classics back in the day. Those guys never had the same rift raft and shenanigans.
      there is a part of the JDM crowd that is bad. really bad. But id like to think (and speak for myself) when i say the JDM kids that come to these shows are not the same.
      BUT we have the same kids in the vw crowd. 2 people got their wheels stolen at h2o, last year at sowo i believe someone got their rear th lines stolen, everyshow someone is missing stubby antennas, 1 year at h2o someone stole a freaking r32 front bumper. So VW kids are not the exception. There are ****ty enthusiasts in every scene
      I'm not a star. Somebody lied.

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, '14 Jeep
      05-24-2012 10:48 AM #28
      ^
      I Kiddie Rose

Vehicles
      05.5 VW Jetta 2.5, BMW E36 Vert
      05-24-2012 10:55 AM #29
      I love the variety and different styles. I don't even look at half the VAG at SoWo, as they're just stockish cars or have weak drops and crap wheels. Most of the imports I saw this weekend had some cool elements or were pretty bad ass, so it's nice having them around.

If you're upset that imports stole attention or a parking spot from your VW; build a better Volkswagen or wake up earlier.

Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI Autobahn
      05-24-2012 10:57 AM #30
      Yeah, the TH Lines theft was last year. I have never had the compulsion to steal, especially from someone else's car. It may be nice, but it doesn't mean they're loaded. Some of us have to work and save for what we have (and even sneak some mods past wives) It's everywhere, it just sucks, though.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not bashing the parking of the other cars, but for noobs like my wife and I were to SoWo a couple years ago, I was expecting a car show tailored to only VW/Audi. I don't mind seeing the tastefully done other cars, but it would make it easier if the cars were grouped by sections. I like the open community, and I get where everyone's coming from, but I really don't give a crap about how much work someone's done to a Civic. S2000s are okay because it was designed with the enthusiast in mind (people that like to drive, not just people that think the cars are neat or cool).

Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI Autobahn
      05-24-2012 11:01 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by motocaddy View Post
      If you're upset that imports stole attention or a parking spot from your VW; build a better Volkswagen or wake up earlier.
      Agree 100%. I could not for the life of me get my crew going that morning. We were up by 8 cleaning up a bit, and tried to get them to the show before 9, but they weren't up until almost 9. They get there like 20 minutes later, but got a spot near the APR tent and we were near the exit. Maybe earlier isn't always the answer I guess

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 11:17 AM #32
      You are obviously missing the point. The show field had non VW's and Audi's throughout. It is supposed to be exclusively a VAG show. Even the organizers stated that. There were many VW's that should have been in the field that weren't able to because of those spots being taken by other makes.

Sneaking your car into a manufacturer specific show is similar to photo-bombing.

It's fine to bring whatever car you have down for the weekend, but why are people so bent on parking their JDM cars next to the VW's, even when the event organizers try to prevent it?
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      WRX Hellafunctional
      05-24-2012 11:18 AM #33
      I was the one who drove the bagged blue Subaru... Are some of you saying I'm not allowed to attend a VAG show? I love European cars and the scene and that is why I go. I don't park my car in the show nor do I intend to. I park on the sidelines and walk around admiring peoples work. Most "JDM" shows suck ass and are full of ricers and people that don't appreciate stance. The euro scene doesn't have that as much and that is why I like it. So do some of you think that I should not go to any VAG events now that I sold my mk3?
      Last edited by OAS_vr_slow; 05-24-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 11:24 AM #34
      No. You are welcome to attend. But not display your car on a show field that is exclusive to certain brands. How is this hard to understand?
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      WRX Hellafunctional
      05-24-2012 11:33 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by OAS_vr_slow View Post
      I was the one who drove the bagged blue Subaru... Are some of you saying I'm not allowed to attend a VAG show? I love European cars and the scene and that is why I go. I don't park my car in the show nor do I intend to. I park on the sidelines and walk around admiring peoples work. Most "JDM" shows suck ass and are full of ricers and people that don't appreciate stance. The euro scene doesn't have that as much and that is why I like it. So do some of you think that I should not go to any VAG events now that I sold my mk3?
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      No. You are welcome to attend. But not display your car on a show field that is exclusive to certain brands. How is this hard to understand?
      I hear that. The people that parked on the show field with Japanese and domestic cars had no business being there unless they were at a booth.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast