Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's with the Hondas?

Vehicles
      Axis of Evil
      05-24-2012 08:25 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by 1SlowA4 View Post
      Are you just ****ing stupid. Its a VAG show. Everyone says they don tmind other makes showing up but not SHow in the show. Quit being a sensitive **** and grow up. You dont have to be a homo smart ass everytime someone says stay the hell out of the show.
      Oh look somebody with a tiny pen!s and a tinier brain, pretty sure I am not very sensitive at all and still don't understand why anyone cares if non VAG cars were on the field. Please explain again how this makes the show worse? Also dont tell me to grow up when you use insults like a 7th grader, take your 103 post self to HS.

Quote Originally Posted by eudorrra View Post
      Allow me to summarize the two issues here:

1. Non-VAG cars being in the show. Note that all are welcome to come into town in whatever they want, but as a VAG show, the SHOWFIELD was meant for VAG cars.

2. VAG Community not respecting cars that aren't VAG. We should all be able to get along, whether passing on a random highway, in the middle of Helen, or on the strip in OCMD. Just because a bunch of us are together, doesn't mean we can be douches. If it were just one VW among Mustangs, you'd be behaving just fine. There's no reason for people to turn into a$$hats and get an "us vs. them" mentality when in the end we are all enthusiasts.

Is somebody afraid a purple slammed Civic is going to win best MKI or something?

Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      Brand snob? Seriously? This is a show for specific brands. For owners and enthusiasts of those brands. It's not the "Stanced out Hellaflush dope eurojdm muscle car" gtg. It's VW, Audi.

I'm going to let the NAACP that they need to quit being skin tone snobs. For real. I want to be a brotha.
      Based on your logic then you also want to drive a JDM car and would'nt be welcome at SoWo, NAACP is there for minorities like the JDM crowd duh so they would protect your right to be there and have rice thrown at you.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBeachA4 View Post
      I don't even come for the show. I come to see my friends. After come a couple of times, it all seems to get old and look the same.
      I dont even own a VW anymore they are played. But SoWo is a fun party
      NR/NR

Vehicles
      AP1
      05-24-2012 08:29 PM #107
      the funny thing is i saw at least 5 vws that were more riced out than my S2000
      I'm not a star. Somebody lied.

Vehicles
      (2) MKII aba swapped Jetta Coupes (One shaved bay), and a MKII VR swapped jetta 4door.
      05-24-2012 08:34 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post
      including the guy with the matte black subaru with the Jack Daniels style logo on his hood at the Dorf.
      Probably one of the coolest, down to earth dudes there. You are sadly mistaken.
      Quote Originally Posted by dubbinmk2 View Post
      small doors = old school
      8 out of 10 is all your getting outta me.......

I Like Primer does my body..................Work.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      1966 Ragtop, 1989 s13 driftcar 1912 Willys 6 speed quattro manual, 07 GT3, 09 LP640, S54 swapped R1
      05-24-2012 08:34 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by Kiddie Rose View Post
      CABS HERE
      I spooned eastcoaststeeze in dannybarones bed

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      05-24-2012 08:39 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by V ScruB View Post
      All of the bolded things at the bottom you were to frustrated to realize were not geared towards you and had a completely different user quoted thanks tho try again.

When you grow up and start acting like a 30 year old the world is a better place. You help rest my case that you act like a little girl and also pretend to be relaxed when your are clearly flustered but the 8000 quotes you just did. I mean come on man, even watching some brain numbing tv is more productive than that.

Have a nice day. go start a VAG show where other VW snobs can hang out.
      You initially called me a 17 year old girl, so don't get upset if I return an insult.

Sorry, but you were initially complaining of the show's exclusivity of certain manufacturers and how people shouldn't complain about other cars in attendance. I wasn't complaining about other marques staying the weekend. What I was complaining about was that the staff posted that all non-vag cars were to park at the original show location; made every attempt to keep those vehicles out of the show field; yet, those drivers did not respect the wishes of the staff and still made successful attempts to display their cars on the show field.

To me, it is disrespectful to the staff and Vag enthusiasts who value and enjoy that exclusivity, especially when the staff makes an effort to prevent it. You say that you are an enthusiast so as an enthusiast, you should be more understanding.

There is not one show in the season that strictly allows only VW and Audi. There are plenty of BMW, Merc and JDM events. It appears that this type of behavior is mainly accepted in the VW community.

Now stop being mad, and get over yourself.

Vehicles
      03 A4 1.8tqm, 03 24v turd (RIP), 84 GLI, 91 Maxima SE 5M
      05-24-2012 08:40 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by csmith0012 View Post
      Sounds like the only people who were "expecting" to be on the show field is the people who showed up too late then got butthurt someone let in a few subarus. Just saying.
      That's pretty much what this sounds like. H20i is no different. You have to be there at the crack of dawn if you plan on going into the show field.

05-24-2012 08:54 PM #112
      You initially called me a 17 year old girl, so don't get upset if I return an insult.

Sorry, but you were initially complaining of the show's exclusivity of certain manufacturers and how people shouldn't complain about other cars in attendance. I wasn't complaining about other marques staying the weekend. What I was complaining about was that the staff posted that all non-vag cars were to park at the original show location; made every attempt to keep those vehicles out of the show field; yet, those drivers did not respect the wishes of the staff and still made successful attempts to display their cars on the show field.

To me, it is disrespectful to the staff and Vag enthusiasts who value and enjoy that exclusivity, especially when the staff makes an effort to prevent it. You say that you are an enthusiast so as an enthusiast, you should be more understanding.

There is not one show in the season that strictly allows only VW and Audi. There are plenty of BMW, Merc and JDM events. It appears that this type of behavior is mainly accepted in the VW community.

LOL, im mad haha. nope not in the slightest and no i actually enjoy myself quite a bit.

First off saying someone is acting like a girl and calling someone a bitch are not equal insults but sure w.e you say mister 30.

and now that you calmed yourself down and actually typed out a legitimately backed response i can now see what you are talking about. Where i do not agree with you it actually forms a sensible argument now.

Secondly all Merc and BMW shows for the most part are uppity concourse events or for purists who feel that lowering your car more than an inch ruins it. So no it doesnt make sense why they can not join in on our fun where they styleize there cars the same as we do, where they have no chance of winning a show in their own realm they can have a shot at one of our shows. Where i agree the JDM crowd shouldnt be allowed to be on the showgrounds, they shouldnt be hated on for attending. and if it bothers you that much that they got there than you shoud volunteer to work the gate at next years SOWO.

anyways stop trying to take shots at me because you are mad that people are parking where they shouldnt be. if i need to get over myself you need to grow up and act your age, im 25 and have more respect for myself and my fellow enthusiasts than you do, let alone more maturity, and i am the last person who will claim to be mature.

Have a nice day sir.
      VWFiends :::: Flickr

Alexi DeRochambeau will always be the BOSS.

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      05-24-2012 09:01 PM #113
      Allow me to summarize the two issues here:

1. Non-VAG cars being in the show. Note that all are welcome to come into town in whatever they want, but as a VAG show, the SHOWFIELD was meant for VAG cars.

2. VAG Community not respecting cars that aren't VAG. We should all be able to get along, whether passing on a random highway, in the middle of Helen, or on the strip in OCMD. Just because a bunch of us are together, doesn't mean we can be douches. If it were just one VW among Mustangs, you'd be behaving just fine. There's no reason for people to turn into a$$hats and get an "us vs. them" mentality when in the end we are all enthusiasts.
      Still isnt getting it. Please refer to above.
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      05-24-2012 09:06 PM #114
      LOL, im mad haha. nope not in the slightest and no i actually enjoy myself quite a bit.

First off saying someone is acting like a girl and calling someone a bitch are not equal insults but sure w.e you say mister 30.

and now that you calmed yourself down and actually typed out a legitimately backed response i can now see what you are talking about. Where i do not agree with you it actually forms a sensible argument now.

Secondly all Merc and BMW shows for the most part are uppity concourse events or for purists who feel that lowering your car more than an inch ruins it. So no it doesnt make sense why they can not join in on our fun where they styleize there cars the same as we do, where they have no chance of winning a show in their own realm they can have a shot at one of our shows. Where i agree the JDM crowd shouldnt be allowed to be on the showgrounds, they shouldnt be hated on for attending. and if it bothers you that much that they got there than you shoud volunteer to work the gate at next years SOWO.

anyways stop trying to take shots at me because you are mad that people are parking where they shouldnt be. if i need to get over myself you need to grow up and act your age, im 25 and have more respect for myself and my fellow enthusiasts than you do, let alone more maturity, and i am the last person who will claim to be mature.

Have a nice day sir.
      You are upset because you have been running your posts through spell check first. You are putting forth the effort to express your opinion and insults without understanding that some enthusiasts are actually purists.

Perhaps purists dedicated to the make that you drive had frowned upon what you did to your car. So your reaction is to find acceptance somewhere else.

It's understandable.
      Last edited by nemo1ner; 05-24-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Vehicles
      05 GLI
      05-24-2012 09:16 PM #115
      Why is everyone getting so Butthurt?

There's cars I like other than VAG if there done properly and are tasteful.. Yeah its a VAG show but everyone knows that. Who cares if there not VAG? Their supporting the show and what we do..

I have a good friend that attended in his subaru, the white bagged one. He knows that it was a VAG show and knew he wouldnt be able to park in the show and he even told me "Dude thats cool, I understand 100%. Its a VAG show" so to me as long as the guys and girls in cars other than VAG that are into the scene and want to come and see what its all about why not let them enjoy it, as long as they understand its not there weekend. I dont see a problem in letting other makes of cars be there as long as it was setup like this past show..

People love hammered sh!t and sexy ass wheels and forge girls

Its a VAG weekend so lets do what we do and go balls out.

Also from what I've noticed from browsing around is that there are multiple car groups online that were in attendance at this years Sowo and there are multiple people from all car makes stating how great the show was and was awesome it was to see the huge array of style and wheels.. Not that its scaled the same but alot of them were stating how much better SoWo was than Import Alliance.. Import Alliance is a huge show held multiple times a year in multiple big cities and its usually full of highschool parking lot cars (not the good kind)...
      Last edited by Kuncle20; 05-25-2012 at 04:33 AM.
      __________________________________________________ __Follow Me @ Kuncle_________________________________________
      __________________________________________________ ______The Chive__________________________________________________ __

11. Banned
      Vehicles
      no dubs :(
      05-25-2012 01:45 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by GTiVR6Banger View Post
      Probably one of the coolest, down to earth dudes there. You are sadly mistaken.
      wasn't me and my bro's experience.......so.....

on another note, the way i deal with the "outkasts" is real simple, i ignore them, their lame cars, and their douchebaggy behavior. it's not hard to realize they are just there to stir the pot or try and show up the VAG scene. i don't go to JDM shows. i unlike the outkast scene have better things to do with my time than troll another scene.

of course we can't stop them from showing up to a city, like ocmd, or helen, but we certainly can try and recruit more VAG drivers to fill up the hotels.

bring ya wife bring ya kids. hahaha....

12. Banned
      Vehicles
      05-25-2012 01:48 PM #117

Nemo you hit the nail right on the head, there were a lot of sick VAG cars that didn't get into the show area yet there were all the douchey outkasts in there, a lot of people drove a long way to enjoy the show and be in the show, and they got screwed.

I appreciate your sentiments.

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      05-25-2012 01:52 PM #118
      hug it out time??

14. 05-25-2012 01:54 PM #119
      lol

15. 05-25-2012 02:25 PM #120

on another note, the way i deal with the "outkasts" is real simple, i ignore them, their lame cars, and their douchebaggy behavior. it's not hard to realize they are just there to stir the pot or try and show up the VAG scene. i don't go to JDM shows. i unlike the outkast scene have better things to do with my time than troll another scene.

of course we can't stop them from showing up to a city, like ocmd, or helen, but we certainly can try and recruit more VAG drivers to fill up the hotels.

I applaud your "us agains them" attitude. It ups the bar and it's a true asset to the VW community. Pat your self on the back. You deserve it!!

16. 05-25-2012 02:33 PM #121

LMAO I didnt know attending a VW meet means I'm "trolling another scene." Im sorry you're so closed minded, must be a terrible life to live.

Vehicles
      05.5 VW Jetta 2.5, BMW E36 Vert
      05-25-2012 03:13 PM #122

bahahahaha

laughing @ you, not with you.

please post pics of car. i would love to see what a VW supremacist drives.

Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI Autobahn
      05-25-2012 03:20 PM #123

I had to. I would think he'd classify as a VW supremacist.
      Last edited by nolesfan; 05-25-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Vehicles
      05-25-2012 03:25 PM #124
      hahahaha, well played

Vehicles
      e90
      05-25-2012 03:32 PM #125
      Wow. Some lame ducks out there. All u Vw supremacists are gonna have to learn to love it because the "trolls" aren't gonna stop attending. Me being one of them
      {}__{}

21. 05-25-2012 03:39 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by motocaddy View Post
      please post pics of car. i would love to see what a VW supremacist drives.

^^ This - would like to see pics too ^^

Some of you folks should just stay and attend Waterfest

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      05-25-2012 03:44 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by Kiddie Rose View Post
      Not nearly as bad as the Wings West kit that used to be on your mk4 though

Vehicles
      2007 GLI (SOLD) / 2010 GTI (SOLD)
      05-25-2012 04:04 PM #128
      I have more important things to worry about than what car makes are attending a show. Any of you guys have jobs?

Vehicles
      AP1
      05-25-2012 06:12 PM #129
      outside of my car...nobody could even tell i drive a honda.
      stereotyping makes you soooooo cool

Vehicles
      WRX Hellafunctional
      05-25-2012 08:31 PM #130
      Kiddie rose, you were obviously there to "one up the VW scene".

05-25-2012 08:45 PM #131
      You are upset because you have been running your posts through spell check first. You are putting forth the effort to express your opinion and insults without understanding that some enthusiasts are actually purists.

Perhaps purists dedicated to the make that you drive had frowned upon what you did to your car. So your reaction is to find acceptance somewhere else.

It's understandable.
      pretty sure i dont use spell check but sure.

and i dont build my cars for you or anyone else. dont care for acceptance. i have plenty of friends without brown nosing.

and ive been in the game long enough where people look to me not the other way around.

your life is miserable so you venture on to the vortex and hangout with your e-friends and thats ok that you suck.

have a nice day.
      VWFiends :::: Flickr

Alexi DeRochambeau will always be the BOSS.

Vehicles
      AP1
      05-25-2012 10:38 PM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by OAS_vr_slow View Post
      Kiddie rose, you were obviously there to "one up the VW scene".
      of course.
      im doing it wrong...i put exhaust silencers in so it wouldnt be obnoxious. definitely should have kept those out and revved all weekend

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      05-25-2012 10:51 PM #133
      thats ok that you suck.
      Should I insult you back, or are you going to cry again like last time?

29. 05-26-2012 01:07 AM #134
      I didn't even take my car to the show, parked it at my hotel and stayed there until I left. I'd rather sleep in and hang out with my friends...then walk my way over to the show area.

I do agree with the others though, if you're not VAG or in a vendor booth, than you shouldn't park in the show area. Other than that, sure bring whatever car you have and have a good time, just know your place.
      Need detailing work done, PM me...located in central jersey!

30. Banned
      Vehicles
      05-26-2012 01:12 AM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by csmith0012 View Post
      LMAO I didnt know attending a VW meet means I'm "trolling another scene." Im sorry you're so closed minded, must be a terrible life to live.
      Has nothing to do with being close minded has to do with the experiences I've had at shows when Hondas, Evos, and the like show up. Most of us know why the entire outkast thing exists, it's nothing but a way to stir up ****.

Like I said, i deal with them by ignoring them --- no Evo, S2000, or miata does anything for me. It's not my taste and if that bothers you, i will have to look for a fcuk to give. If it bothers you that i'd rather have a town full of euros rather than a mix of euros and JDM, TFB.

And as the idiot Kiddie Rose proved my point of why i don't care for the JDM crowd, he threatened to key my car........b/c i don't care for Hondas.

This is sadly the generation coming up behind us.

"he doesn't like my car, i'll key his"

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      05-26-2012 03:06 AM #136
      Has nothing to do with being close minded has to do with the experiences I've had at shows when Hondas, Evos, and the like show up. Most of us know why the entire outkast thing exists, it's nothing but a way to stir up ****.

Like I said, i deal with them by ignoring them --- no Evo, S2000, or miata does anything for me. It's not my taste and if that bothers you, i will have to look for a fcuk to give. If it bothers you that i'd rather have a town full of euros rather than a mix of euros and JDM, TFB.

And as the idiot Kiddie Rose proved my point of why i don't care for the JDM crowd, he threatened to key my car........b/c i don't care for Hondas.

This is sadly the generation coming up behind us.

"he doesn't like my car, i'll key his"
      Kiddie Rose has had multiple quality built VWs, he just happens to have an S2K right now..... He'll come to the shows and appreciate what he sees. I agree this is a VW/Audi show, keep it that way, but if 10 or 12 Hondas come that are built in a style similar to how the VWs are built, and the owners appreciate what we have, what is the harm? Especially if the owner is a former VW guy like Kyle, that may again be in a VAG product some day.

Vehicles
      Mk2 Sheepmobile w/ a 3.2 24V poser swap
      05-26-2012 08:22 AM #137
      Not too bothered with the outkast crew at VAG events. If ass backwards attention whoring is your thing, go for it.

I'd like to see more non-VAG that was to my personal taste, but if I want to see trucks and hot rods I'll go to Scrapin the Coast or Goodguys Louisville.

What does bother me is the side effects of the NOPI / HIN crew showing up at any show, anywhere. Last couple years of NOPI they had armed robberies and random shootings at the hotels, people's cars getting vandalized, lot of drug selling going on, and some dude's girlfriend got raped and murdered AT THE SHOW.

Let's not have any of that at SoWo, k?
      Last edited by vr6swap; 05-26-2012 at 08:25 AM.

33. 05-26-2012 08:52 AM #138
      ahahahahahahahahaha this thread rules. who gives a flying fcuk who or what was on the showgrounds. it was a good time had by most, why cant we leave it at that. and by the way, i was more interested in the other makes than the super played out vw scene. but then again, i own an m3

34. 05-26-2012 08:55 AM #139
      also its not like there was any super riced out wings west kitted fart cannon equipped cars. its a vw show and me being an "outkast" i know that i need to bring it hard for any vw event. and thats what i saw. i witnessed more unimpressive vw's than anything else

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      05-26-2012 08:57 AM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by 09vdubgti View Post

I do agree with the others though, if you're not VAG or in a vendor booth, than you shouldn't park in the show area. Other than that, sure bring whatever car you have and have a good time.

That's what I have been saying all along. Many of my friends drive BMW's, Hondas, Mustangs, etc., and I love hanging out with them for the weekend. But during the actual day of the show, only VAG should have been on the field with the exception of Vendor/booth cars.
      Last edited by nemo1ner; 05-26-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast