Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What's with the Hondas?

Vehicles
      black blob
      05-29-2012 11:31 AM #176
      Haven't read any of the thread yet, but I don't think I want to because I know my head will probably explode from how narrow minded a lot of you can be. But answer me this-- why does it matter if there are non VAG cars there? What kind of boring life do you live where a few cars out of the ordinary would spoil your time?

I'd also be willing to bet that 99.9% of the hondas and other cars there are more worth looking at than the VAG "purists" who are complaining...
      Last edited by alankitzmiller; 05-29-2012 at 11:34 AM.

2. 05-29-2012 11:48 AM #177
      6 pages of srs bsns.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-29-2012 11:55 AM #178
      Quote Originally Posted by alankitzmiller View Post
      Haven't read any of the thread yet, but I don't think I want to because I know my head will probably explode from how narrow minded a lot of you can be. But answer me this-- why does it matter if there are non VAG cars there? What kind of boring life do you live where a few cars out of the ordinary would spoil your time?

I'd also be willing to bet that 99.9% of the hondas and other cars there are more worth looking at than the VAG "purists" who are complaining...
      Not referring to the weekend, but the day of the show: It is a VW show; specifically for those makes associated with VW. VW sponsors the event.

99% of the Hondas are stanced on the same BBS or Rotiform wheels, with the same illest stickers on their windows. Coincidentally, so are most of the newer VW's. What are the JDM folk doing differently these days?
      //COOLWATERmotorsport
      |F0TZ3 HA5E| - The Project
      VWVolkshaus: Haus des Verrückten

Vehicles
      e36 m3
      05-29-2012 12:08 PM #179
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      Not referring to the weekend, but the day of the show: It is a VW show; specifically for those makes associated with VW. VW sponsors the event.

99% of the Hondas are stanced on the same BBS or Rotiform wheels, with the same illest stickers on their windows. Coincidentally, so are most of the newer VW's. What are the JDM folk doing differently these days?
      what is ANYONE doing differently these days? its all been done, now I dont know you, nor do I care to know you, but lets see some of your ground breaking **** that you've been working on. /thread.
      just trollin'

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-29-2012 12:46 PM #180
      Quote Originally Posted by sim0nvr6 View Post
      what is ANYONE doing differently these days? its all been done, now I dont know you, nor do I care to know you, but lets see some of your ground breaking **** that you've been working on. /thread.
      Check the sig. It's all there for your viewing. I did not say that what I have been doing is ground breaking, nor do I expect everyone to do anything ground-breaking. All I expect is that other JDM and Euro owners respect the rules and guidelines set for a show by the organizers, rather than saying "F you, I'm parking g my **** wherever the hell I want." It's called mutual respect. I will not park my pos Jetta at a Mercedes of JDM-only show field out of courtesy. It's not that difficult to understand that and return the same courtesy.
      Last edited by nemo1ner; 05-29-2012 at 12:59 PM.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      black blob
      05-29-2012 01:01 PM #181
      I saw one japanese car inside the show field and the owner was running a booth. You worry to much about **** that doesn't matter. Go make some friends out there or something and maybe you won't worry about stupid **** like this.

7. 05-29-2012 01:37 PM #182
      Quote Originally Posted by alankitzmiller View Post
      I saw one japanese car inside the show field and the owner was running a booth. You worry to much about **** that doesn't matter. Go make some friends out there or something and maybe you won't worry about stupid **** like this.
      I dont know you (kinda), but I like you.

People care too much about what other people do. Should non-euro cars park in the show, probably not but dont be angry that we go to these shows. Keep in mind just because we dont drive or own a VW/Audi/wtf ever euro doesnt mean we want to be associated with the typical MADJDMTYTEYO kids. Hell there was plenty of room at the back of the venue to hold the handful of non-euro cars. Maybe I just dont understand why anyone would care so much about something so petty.... and no, thats not an invitation to explain. Maybe mature a bit and be glad that there is even an event such as this put on in the first place.
      Last edited by G-Magoo; 05-29-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Vehicles
      dark red girl car, cop car.
      05-29-2012 01:47 PM #183
      I read some of the stuff on the first page, and don't care to read the rest because of how stupid people are. what needs to be said has already been said. I am sick of reading about people crying because they lost, or crying about petty **** like this. who goes to shows for the cars? yea, it is nice to walk around and see cars you don't see all the time, but it is even better to see people that you don't really get to see. hang out with friends that you don't hang out with every week. but, based on the mentality of some of the people in here, I think it is safe to assume that those who are bitching don't have friends.
      Flickr l the internet sucks. l it's all about the e-fame. l buy my wheels.

9. 05-29-2012 01:50 PM #184
      If you drive to a show and turned away by the staff, you shouldn't circle around the block a few times in order to sneak in when they aren't looking. The rules were posted and the other euro cars were told where they were to park. Makes you look like an inconsiderate douche.

Were you seriously watching people do this? Because we tryed to pull in the show with a vw bus and they had the road completely blocked off. We and the owner did not give 2 ****s, we literally said we got there too late. Its the same at every big show, you show up too late and the premium parking spots are gone.

All I expect is that other JDM and Euro owners respect the rules and guidelines set for a show by the organizers, rather than saying "F you, I'm parking g my **** wherever the hell I want." It's called mutual respect. I will not park my pos Jetta at a Mercedes of JDM-only show field out of courtesy. It's not that difficult to understand that and return the same courtesy.

LMAO I guaran-damn-tee you that no one in their right mind was saying and or doing that. You have to remember that alot of the people that came to the show had no idea that there were designated sections for parking. I knew where to park because I frequent this forum and saw the map that the organizers posted, but im willing to bet alot of people didnt even see it. I think you just have it out for other car makes for whatever reason, but the next time why dont you lend a hand to the staff and point them in the right direction instead of coming on here acting like all import people are from the fast and the furious. I used to be judgmental too and thought all VW owners were douche bags, until I started to come to sowo and actually met a few.

Vehicles
      dark red girl car, cop car.
      05-29-2012 01:53 PM #185
      Quote Originally Posted by csmith0012 View Post
      Were you seriously watching people do this? Because we tryed to pull in the show with a vw bus and they had the road completely blocked off. We and the owner did not give 2 ****s, we literally said we got there too late. Its the same at every big show, you show up too late and the premium parking spots are gone.
      at least someone understands that concept. I heard some guy yelling and cussing at the people at the gate because it was 11:30 and the lot was full, so they wouldn't let him in.
      Flickr l the internet sucks. l it's all about the e-fame. l buy my wheels.

Vehicles
      '11 Golf Mk6 2.5L
      05-29-2012 01:54 PM #186
      Quote Originally Posted by G-Magoo View Post
      People care too much about what other people do. Should non-euro cars park in the show, probably not but dont be angry that we go to these shows. Keep in mind just because we dont drive or own a VW/Audi/wtf ever euro doesnt mean we want to be associated with the typical MADJDMTYTEYO kids. Hell there was plenty of room at the back of the venue to hold the handful of non-euro cars. Maybe I just dont understand why anyone would care so much about something so petty.... and no, thats not an invitation to explain. Maybe mature a bit and be glad that there is even an event such as this put on in the first place.
      ^^^This. If you believe you are so worried about others 'ruining' your good time at a show for VW owners and car enthusiasts, do us a favor, and don't go.

Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC, 2001 Audi S4, 2013 CC
      05-29-2012 01:55 PM #187
      blah blah blah all i hear is "im gay and i dont like hondas even though i am repping brotireps on my mkv"

You guys need to get a life. If you are so worried about hondas and other types of vehicles coming to a "vw" show, then you need to keep your ass at home. It's not that big of a deal. Who cares. I'm willing to bet that at some point or even currently, the "honda" owners own/owned a volkswagen.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-29-2012 01:55 PM #188

LMAO I guaran-damn-tee you that no one in their right mind was saying and or doing that. You have to remember that alot of the people that came to the show had no idea that there were designated sections for parking. I knew where to park because I frequent this forum and saw the map that the organizers posted, but im willing to bet alot of people didnt even see it. I think you just have it out for other car makes for whatever reason, but the next time why dont you lend a hand to the staff and point them in the right direction instead of coming on here acting like all import people are from the fast and the furious. I used to be judgmental too and thought all VW owners were douche bags, until I started to come to sowo and actually met a few.
      Show me where I posted anything in this thread that compared anyone to F&F, or said that I was not a fan of (or have not owned) other makes. Or show me where I said that I did not want to see any other cars in Helen that weekend. Please feel free to post the quote below.
      Last edited by nemo1ner; 05-29-2012 at 01:58 PM.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

14. 05-29-2012 02:13 PM #189
      Show me where I posted anything in this thread that compared anyone to F&F, or said that I was not a fan of (or have not owned) other makes. Or show me where I said that I did not want to see any other cars in Helen that weekend. Please feel free to post the quote below.

It was a generalization to your "F you ill park where i want to" remark. I guess your going get all literal now.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-29-2012 02:18 PM #190
      It was a generalization to your "F you ill park where i want to" remark. I guess your going get all literal now.
      If you took the time to read word for word, you would "literally" understand what I wrote, rather than needing to generalize.

I love all cars. But sometimes it is nice to have a 1 day event showcasing a specific type.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

16. 05-29-2012 02:32 PM #191
      Like I said, next year you should lend a hand and help out the staff.

Vehicles
      00 911
      05-29-2012 02:32 PM #192
      Quote Originally Posted by Kiddie Rose View Post
      just want to take this time to thank everyone that was so cool this weekend. My S got so much love from non closed minded people I have had multiple vw's before this car, and still daily drive a gti. I dont view myself as an outcast, because i still have so many friends in the vw scene that still view me the same way. Thats one of the reasons why i keep coming to these shows.
      pic from the cabin

seems to me that people that have been in the scene awhile are the ones that are welcoming to all makes.(**** you wont find a nicer mk4 than swoops 'car and he LOVED my car.
      My car is 100% euro inspired, and real euro enthusiasts appreciate it.

When people stop coming to car shows for cars, and start coming to see friends they only get to see once or twice a year, all the little bull**** doesnt matter anymore.
      I stopped reading at this post. I 100% agree and could not have said it better. If anything, seeing non euro cars that are euro inspired should make you people smile. 5 years ago JDM meant complete rice...now thanks to us they are starting to clean up their act. (kiddierose and other previous/current VAG owners excluded).
      UROTUNING__The SteveGangBang 11.21__TheHazeBang_2012_TheGreatCatTakeover2012_

Vehicles
      B8 S4 / HD Iron883
      05-29-2012 02:34 PM #193
      Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post
      it's the "look at me i'm cool, i'm an outcast" idea - which in the end is fail.

we need to recruit enough VAG drivers to fill up the hotels so none are left for these guys.

i don't go to honda events, for good reason

someone said that rice was thrown at some of their cars hahahaha.
      You are an idiot and why would you think it was funny that people threw rice at cars

I'm sure you probably call yourself a "dubber" and drive an "emkay" too
      Let's face it, if you're a grown-ass man driving a Hyundai or Kia to work, your life plan didn't work out as expected

Vehicles
      98 L132 Bench racer w/ a once pipe
      05-29-2012 04:30 PM #194
      ok bros its been over a week get the **** over it.
      Hard Parked since 07

BHC

Rimz is a ghetto term that should have raised a red flag.

Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC, 2001 Audi S4, 2013 CC
      05-29-2012 04:51 PM #195
      Quote Originally Posted by The Hamburglar. View Post
      x234433344433444

Vehicles
      00 911
      05-29-2012 04:56 PM #196
      Quote Originally Posted by The Hamburglar. View Post
      lol
      UROTUNING__The SteveGangBang 11.21__TheHazeBang_2012_TheGreatCatTakeover2012_

Vehicles
      e36 m3
      05-29-2012 09:11 PM #197
      Quote Originally Posted by G-Magoo View Post
      I dont know you (kinda), but I like you.
      Hahaha Alan is just like us imo

I'm gonna buy a ****ty Honda for sowo next year. Suck it nerds.
      just trollin'

Vehicles
      97 gti 2l turbo
      05-30-2012 03:02 PM #198
      i'd rather see a honda than all the VAG crap with colored wheels, plaid,rust, look at me I'm different kind of mods etc.
      It's little emo bitches like you that have ruined the VW scene.
      Rockin' a mk3 since '94.

Vehicles
      2004 vw R32
      05-30-2012 03:38 PM #199
      Can't we all just get along!!!!!

---
      I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ewbftr

05-31-2012 03:41 PM #200
      Quote Originally Posted by doubleu8 View Post
      6 pages of srs bsns.

Vehicles
      Harley 48
      06-04-2012 09:34 AM #201
      Who cares?

Vehicles
      01 MKIV jetta 20VT, DC2 Teggy, 12' CC
      06-07-2012 01:16 AM #202
      tl;dr all i know it's some typical childish nonsense
      |PSN: Turbo-MK4|Book Of Many Faces|HatethewordSTANCE|18x9.5et20|Flickr|Instagram & Twitter: @Richiemk4rich|
      Quote Originally Posted by dangerkart View Post
      you usually just unzip and pull down, or so i've heard

28. 06-11-2012 10:34 PM #203
      Quote Originally Posted by motocaddy View Post
      I love the variety and different styles. I don't even look at half the VAG at SoWo, as they're just stockish cars or have weak drops and crap wheels. Most of the imports I saw this weekend had some cool elements or were pretty bad ass, so it's nice having them around.
      amen brother! I go to a VAG event to look at non-VAG cars! ...i hope no one steals my swag next year!
      Girls and Money and New Clothes

Quote Originally Posted by C4 A6 View Post
      Keep in mind the noise you hear in an S2000 is the ENGINE, and not the exhaust note that VR6 people jizz over. I'd rather have a nice sounding engine than a nice sounding exhaust.

Vehicles
      a beat new beetle & more door mk4 golf.
      06-12-2012 08:33 AM #204
      We brought the S2000 down (red ap1 on cream work equips) because we knew it would make the 14.5 hour drove down no problem. Our mk2 & mk3 though, we weren't so sure. If you're a car enthusiast and have an appreciation for European cars (which I would hope since you're attending a euro show) then what's the big deal?

30. Banned
      Vehicles
      no dubs :(
      06-25-2012 09:18 PM #205
      Quote Originally Posted by Road Boss View Post
      They know that VAG's have the better events.

Vehicles
      mk2 smoker swapped and dropped Eurovan
      09-26-2012 02:40 PM #206
      v-tec thats whats up with hondas.. brrrrrumbumbumbum ....... skertttttttt...tttt
      Custom Paint Werks... pm me for paint and body work15 years experience.

32. 10-02-2012 10:57 AM #207
      I don't hate Hondas or any brand of car for that matter as long as it's not a loud ass ricer with a cocky douche bag driver

Vehicles
      01 Cavalier Z24 turbo, B4 Passat VR6 wagon, 96 Harlequin #41
      10-21-2012 11:53 PM #208
      I'm glad I read through all of this, because some **** got cleared up toward to the end there. The way I see it, and this is through fresh eyes since I've never been to SoWo... If it's a VAG show, then only VAG cars should be on the show field, plain and simple. Now, if there are JDM and domestic guys coming down to check out the show, then that should be flattering more than anything. Trust me, I've been doing GM/j-body shows for almost a decade, and the only people who were attending the shows were the people showing. We'd have loved to see the euro or JDM guys come over and walk through our lot, check out the cars and hang out. But if I'm coming to SoWo, I'm coming to see Dubs and Audis, not everything else. If I wanna see Hondas, Evos, etc., I'll go to ISO, or HIN. Just my couple of pennies, of course.

I will say this, however. No one should be turned away due to space constraints if there are outside makes on the field. I know most people drive a long way to get there, and it'd be ****ed up to be told no while looking at some JDM car sitting there. If it's because you were late... well, that does suck, but **** happens I guess.

And finally, under NO circumstance should anyone be rude or make ****ty comments to someone about their car, or even worse, throw stuff at it. It all goes back to the stereotypical douchebags you guys mentioned earlier.

Meh, I'll see you guys next year regardless.

Vehicles
      '99 Mk3 GTi VR6, '12 CC
      12-30-2012 04:04 AM #209
      Heated debate, a great read
      Eurotuner 02/10

Quote Originally Posted by Golfatron3 View Post
      sold to a lucky Civic owner for a very good price

Vehicles
      2012 stg2+ GTI, 2008 mitsu EVOX IG: GTI_zks
      01-06-2013 07:46 PM #210
      eat drink and be merry! this will be my first year attnending

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast