VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What's with the Hondas?

38K views 215 replies 88 participants last post by  funtington 
#1 ·
Seems like there were lots more Hondas here this year? What's with all the non VAG?

#33 · (Edited)
I was the one who drove the bagged blue Subaru... Are some of you saying I'm not allowed to attend a VAG show? I love European cars and the scene and that is why I go. I don't park my car in the show nor do I intend to. I park on the sidelines and walk around admiring peoples work. Most "JDM" shows suck ass and are full of ricers and people that don't appreciate stance. The euro scene doesn't have that as much and that is why I like it. So do some of you think that I should not go to any VAG events now that I sold my mk3?

#36 ·
I like cars and cars in general I have 66 beetle that I wanted to bring but don't want to drive it 13 hours so I decided to take my S13 Silvia which didn't make it either I wish it did tho because everyone would have been mad it's not a vw/Audi

#38 ·
Ok this is my 4th year coming to sowo and the reason I came to the show is to see the VAG cars. I drove the white Si on futuras, literally pulled in on friday and parked my car at the hotel all night. Just for the 2 seconds I drove through there were like 5 people who yelled **** at me simply because i was in a honda. I understand completely that we shouldnt even be allowed to park in the show. Which is why i parked across from the tubing place just like they said we had to. I wasnt going to show anything, if anything i knew i would get more hate then love at a show like this so why even bother. But just becuase my only car is a honda that means im not allowed to come? I mean really? Some people need to grow up and the organizers need to do a better job at letting ONLY vag cars in the show because i saw numerous subarus in the main lot.

And there are exceptions to every rule, I would NEVER hate on a vw for coming to import alliance. I personally look forward to sowo more than any other meet that I attend simply because you VW guys take pride in having clean ass cars, well most of you do. And its nice seeing something different for a change. I just wish some of you werent so closed minded about HONDA's like were all ricers or something. Were all car guys/gals and we meet alot of cool people every year so why not keep the scene alive vs bashing it simply because of the make of cars we decide to drive.

#43 ·
Car people come to car shows....this is a problem?

I agree.. i thought this was a vag show..i see a lot of non-euro cars at other shows (h2o) id like just one show to be completely vag. :screwy:
Thatd be awesome...or maybe just a show with cars just like yours....or maybe a show with just your car......thats called stay home next year.

I personally dont like hondas but seriousley looking at GTI and Jettas on coils and knock off wheels or even nice wheels ets old.. its cool and all but i dont mind seeing other cars either and different styles VW dudes tend to all stick to the same **** its at least nice to see on other cars..why you complaining more the merrier and more fun partying
I'm a car guy, I like to see a well done anything. I saw some sick S2000s and a Blue Sti on green wheels also was awesome.

lol gtfo some of the non-vag cars were the nicest **** there.
Truth

it's the "look at me i'm cool, i'm an outcast" idea - which in the end is fail.

we need to recruit enough VAG drivers to fill up the hotels so none are left for these guys.

i don't go to honda events, for good reason :laugh:

someone said that rice was thrown at some of their cars hahahaha.

apparently some of them were total f--sticks. including the guy with the matte black subaru with the Jack Daniels style logo on his hood at the Dorf.
Yes those JDM guys were just there to be differant I am sure they actually hate cars. It does suck that some people are f--sticks. At least the VAG people who were so inconvenianced by those SoWo ruining JDM guys were courteous enough to pelt them with rice when they drove by and yell sh!t at them, unless it was some sort of bridal ceremony type thing and now you're all married.

I don't have a problem with non-VAG cars being in town, but I don't think they should be in the show. It's well known this is a show for VAG, not Japanese or anything else. I don't dislike them, but this is our community, our show. My wife didn't understand last year why so many BMWs were there, but at least they were Euro.

Stupid BMWs who do they think they are?

what's with all the hate? why not just appreciate cars for what they are? :facepalm:
AMEN

Would this also mean we should just park our VAGs in a Mustang car show (I know, bad reference)? If the other cars keep parking in the show, I really don't care, but when people like my wife (she has 0 interest in cars) noticed and says things like "I thought this was a VW/Audi show, why are so many Hondas etc. here?" that says a lot. Come to the show, but come to see what the VAG scene is all about, not because you have the urge to show your car at the show.

It isn't about being a snob, at least for me, and I know the show's free, so I'm not really bothered, but I can go anywhere and see JDM, Fords, Chevys, and so forth; I just think it's cool to be able to go to a show for only VWs and Audis. In a lot of ways our scene is way different, but I think a lot of this has changed with the show growing each year as well.
Cars are cars are cars....its a car show. Look at cars make friends enjoy. Tage your VW to a Mustang show.

Your point brings me to another question... why are the other shows, JDM stuff in particular so bad about stealing or damaging property? I know, off topic so don't answer if you don't want. I've never been to another specific show, other than classics back in the day. Those guys never had the same rift raft and shenanigans.
Good thing nothing was getting stolen, no cars were vandalized, no banners were cut down and no fights were breaking out at SoWo, I mean the VAG crowd is so chiil and respectful. Except for that rice throwing thing.

there is a part of the JDM crowd that is bad. really bad. But id like to think (and speak for myself) when i say the JDM kids that come to these shows are not the same.
BUT we have the same kids in the vw crowd. 2 people got their wheels stolen at h2o, last year at sowo i believe someone got their rear th lines stolen, everyshow someone is missing stubby antennas, 1 year at h2o someone stole a freaking r32 front bumper. So VW kids are not the exception. There are ****ty enthusiasts in every scene
Sad but true

No. You are welcome to attend. But not display your car on a show field that is exclusive to certain brands. How is this hard to understand?
Appparently hardest for the shows organizers. It is very gracious of you to ALLOW them to attend but in no way participate. You should organize an event just like SoWo but with Fasccist like security where nobody you dont approve of gets in.

I show up at SoWo and just think HOLY FACK LOOK AT ALL THE COOL A$$ CARS! I hope I am not alone.

#55 ·
No.....I am not. And I still dont know why any of you care who shows up with what to a car show. Hate on insecure haters.
Awww. You know how to edit. But do you know how to search?

As always, we here at SOWO welcome everyone who has an interest in our event! We are very appreciative of everyone who supports us no matter what they drive. As far as we're concerned anyone who takes the time to modify their car is above all else an enthusiast....and that's what the car hobby is all about.

Having said that....SOWO was conceived as an enthusiast festival for owners of vehicles within the Volkswagen Audi Porsche family. The main event site is designated for owners of those brands. The area set aside for Other Euros is intended for for just that. If you are attending in any car considered JDM, Tuner, Sport Compact or otherwise non-Euro, you are always welcome to join the fun but you will need to be prepared to park in the original event area in the parking lot across from Cool River Tubing.

We have had virtually very kind of import car imaginable participate in SOWO going all the way back to the first year, and we are always impressed with the level of preparation, build quality, stance and overall impact of these cars, but SOWO is, was and will always be focused on the marques it was intended for.
Oh, but what do the event organizers know? They are not true enthusiasts like yourself.

#44 · (Edited)
As a BMW enthusiast (i had the maroon E36 on white wheels) and especially a European car enthusiast i bring my car to any euro event.
I love Euro period.
I strongly hate JDM cars but i LOVE ones that are done correctly and tastefully.

I love the VAG scene. You guys know how to have a good time and pick AWESOME locations for your events.
BMW events are boring and mostly held in large parking lots.......:mad:.

I come to H20 and Sowo (first time this year and had a blast) and other VAG events because i have allot of VAG friends and always have a part of me that wants a Volkswagen.

TLDR:
Euros should love one another no matter what make.
JDMS are cool when done right.
CANT WE CALL GET ALONG AND DRINK :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

#45 ·
It's a matter of this:

Southern Worthersee website said:
Our inspiration for Southern Wörthersee is to bring together cars and fans of these beloved marques in a truly authentic European atmosphere.
Southern Worthersee website said:
So please join us in beautiful Helen, Georgia as we celebrate our enthusiasm for these wonderful cars and the spirit of Wörthersee Tour.
vs this:

"Can we fill this parking lot GTG" http://www.facebook.com/events/161093697353641/

sigh.

#53 ·
Our inspiration for Southern Wörthersee is to bring together cars and fansof these beloved marques in a truly authentic European atmosphere.
The bolded part is the most important. If you don't drive a VAG car, you're still welcome to the show, per the organizers of SOWO.

I agree that the main showgrounds should only include VAG cars, but vendors can bring whatever they'd like to display in their booths. They're the ones helping to make the show happen!

This whole debate is kind of pointless... The whole weekend was amazing, regardless of what make of vehicle showed up. SOWO creates an instant community of car enthusiasts that's hard to find anywhere else.

Let's all just be happy that this spectacular show has such a welcoming home and a dedicated group of individuals that want to make it happen every year. :thumbup:

#52 ·
Personally I didnt mind seeing them come to Helen. True car enthusiasts will go where all the good shows are. It just so happens that VAG shows DO IT RIGHT! I enjoyed seeing all of the cars that weekend, even the JDM ones.

But seeing them take spots up on the show grounds where other VAG rides cant get in cause it was full was slightly disappointing.

#54 ·
Correct on the last part. That is why my miata was parked in a parking lot all alone. All the other non VAG are more of "guest" to the event. I mean it is a VW/audi show and everyone has worked really hard to make it what it is. I wouldn't expect a VW to come park in the middle of a all Mazda meet. But I would welcome them no question to come and enjoy every aspect of the event.

#61 ·
Lol you're a clown. I just said i agree that it should have ONLY been vag cars in the main lot. The only people to blame is the staff. Would I have a complaint for them? Absolutely not, this show is my favorite and probably always will be. Like i stated earlier this is the 4th year I've been to sowo, I've never shown or registered my car for the event. I respect that it's a vag show and don't bother trying to show bc i know how passionate you people are about keeping it an all vag show. But there is a huge double standard bc there are a million bmw's that show up and they are perfectly fine. So maybe you should focus on bitching about the bmw's that stole all these spots.

And I'm not going bc your scene is "cooler," I'm going to look at the cars.

#64 ·
Based on the showground map and info before the show, ANY non-VAG car was supposed to not be in the showgrounds or even in booths. BMWs would be classified as non-VAG, regardless of them being German cars :p

#70 ·
I Used to own a MKIV R32, and I Still love the VW scene. Is it really that big of a deal that I brought my non VW car to this event? The VW Scene used to be the most friendly of any group i'd ever seen, it seems to me that times are changing.

#74 ·
I drove my honda to the show this year (blue one) and i drove my miata last year. ive owned many VW's but not around SOWO time.

i love the show, even though I drive a import, I like SOWO more than Import alliance.

I will attend SOWO every year whether i drive a corvette or honda or vw lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.