Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's with the Hondas?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      1966 Ragtop, 1989 s13 driftcar 1912 Willys 6 speed quattro manual, 07 GT3, 09 LP640, S54 swapped R1
      05-24-2012 12:44 PM #36
      I like cars and cars in general I have 66 beetle that I wanted to bring but don't want to drive it 13 hours so I decided to take my S13 Silvia which didn't make it either I wish it did tho because everyone would have been mad it's not a vw/Audi
      I spooned eastcoaststeeze in dannybarones bed

Vehicles
      Don't you know I sold them all...
      05-24-2012 12:45 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by adis ct9a View Post
      I drove my Evo down, and didn't mind parking outside. I knew the event was for VWs/Audis, I didnt come to show off my car but rather to enjoy the cars that I knew were going to be present. I honestly dont even go to JDM/Honda meets just because of issues mentioned already in this thread. Being a Non-Vag attendee, I was also kinda confused on the jdm/non-vag cars in the show while there was plenty of vw's that couldn't get in.

I've owned VW's since the day I moved to this country, and its kinda funny that people are bashing other cars for attending the event as if they're 10 years old. We're all car enthusiasts at the end of the day.
      dude, driving with you was a freaking blast... especially the last 30+ miles down the hill!
      Quote Originally Posted by Amsterdam087 View Post
      its not your car...

3. 05-24-2012 12:46 PM #38
      Ok this is my 4th year coming to sowo and the reason I came to the show is to see the VAG cars. I drove the white Si on futuras, literally pulled in on friday and parked my car at the hotel all night. Just for the 2 seconds I drove through there were like 5 people who yelled **** at me simply because i was in a honda. I understand completely that we shouldnt even be allowed to park in the show. Which is why i parked across from the tubing place just like they said we had to. I wasnt going to show anything, if anything i knew i would get more hate then love at a show like this so why even bother. But just becuase my only car is a honda that means im not allowed to come? I mean really? Some people need to grow up and the organizers need to do a better job at letting ONLY vag cars in the show because i saw numerous subarus in the main lot.

And there are exceptions to every rule, I would NEVER hate on a vw for coming to import alliance. I personally look forward to sowo more than any other meet that I attend simply because you VW guys take pride in having clean ass cars, well most of you do. And its nice seeing something different for a change. I just wish some of you werent so closed minded about HONDA's like were all ricers or something. Were all car guys/gals and we meet alot of cool people every year so why not keep the scene alive vs bashing it simply because of the make of cars we decide to drive.

4. 05-24-2012 12:51 PM #39
      I go because I enjoy the VAG scene, although I sold my B7 about a year ago....and yea, pulled into the booth and kept hearing how this was no place for an E46. But no harm was done, I had a blast.

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      05-24-2012 01:10 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by motocaddy View Post
      I don't even look at half the VAG at SoWo, as they're just stockish cars or have weak drops and crap wheels.
      I'll refrain from cluttering up the show field with my well-preserved stock or OEM+ VAG cars then
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 01:15 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by eudorrra View Post
      I'll refrain from cluttering up the show field with my well-preserved stock or OEM+ VAG cars then
      When I saw your stockish TT on fat sticky tires, I said to myself "Sh!t's weak. Should have bagged and stanced it."
      //COOLWATERmotorsport
      |F0TZ3 HA5E| - The Project
      VWVolkshaus: Haus des Verrückten

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      05-24-2012 01:21 PM #42
      at least I didn't bring the 20th with all its euro spec bits.. gotta wait til everyone else's 20th is completely unrecognizable and/or crashed for people to give a damn about mine

Vehicles
      Axis of Evil
      05-24-2012 01:34 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by BlackMagician View Post
      Seems like there were lots more Hondas here this year? What's with all the non VAG?
      Car people come to car shows....this is a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Heyitsme2003 View Post
      I agree.. i thought this was a vag show..i see a lot of non-euro cars at other shows (h2o) id like just one show to be completely vag.
      Thatd be awesome...or maybe just a show with cars just like yours....or maybe a show with just your car......thats called stay home next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrEss4 View Post
      I personally dont like hondas but seriousley looking at GTI and Jettas on coils and knock off wheels or even nice wheels ets old.. its cool and all but i dont mind seeing other cars either and different styles VW dudes tend to all stick to the same **** its at least nice to see on other cars..why you complaining more the merrier and more fun partying
      I'm a car guy, I like to see a well done anything. I saw some sick S2000s and a Blue Sti on green wheels also was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by lauren. View Post
      lol gtfo some of the non-vag cars were the nicest **** there.
      Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post
      it's the "look at me i'm cool, i'm an outcast" idea - which in the end is fail.

we need to recruit enough VAG drivers to fill up the hotels so none are left for these guys.

i don't go to honda events, for good reason

someone said that rice was thrown at some of their cars hahahaha.

apparently some of them were total f--sticks. including the guy with the matte black subaru with the Jack Daniels style logo on his hood at the Dorf.
      Yes those JDM guys were just there to be differant I am sure they actually hate cars. It does suck that some people are f--sticks. At least the VAG people who were so inconvenianced by those SoWo ruining JDM guys were courteous enough to pelt them with rice when they drove by and yell sh!t at them, unless it was some sort of bridal ceremony type thing and now you're all married.

Quote Originally Posted by nolesfan View Post
      I don't have a problem with non-VAG cars being in town, but I don't think they should be in the show. It's well known this is a show for VAG, not Japanese or anything else. I don't dislike them, but this is our community, our show. My wife didn't understand last year why so many BMWs were there, but at least they were Euro.

Stupid BMWs who do they think they are?

Quote Originally Posted by will_t View Post
      what's with all the hate? why not just appreciate cars for what they are?
      AMEN

Would this also mean we should just park our VAGs in a Mustang car show (I know, bad reference)? If the other cars keep parking in the show, I really don't care, but when people like my wife (she has 0 interest in cars) noticed and says things like "I thought this was a VW/Audi show, why are so many Hondas etc. here?" that says a lot. Come to the show, but come to see what the VAG scene is all about, not because you have the urge to show your car at the show.

It isn't about being a snob, at least for me, and I know the show's free, so I'm not really bothered, but I can go anywhere and see JDM, Fords, Chevys, and so forth; I just think it's cool to be able to go to a show for only VWs and Audis. In a lot of ways our scene is way different, but I think a lot of this has changed with the show growing each year as well.
      Cars are cars are cars....its a car show. Look at cars make friends enjoy. Tage your VW to a Mustang show.

Your point brings me to another question... why are the other shows, JDM stuff in particular so bad about stealing or damaging property? I know, off topic so don't answer if you don't want. I've never been to another specific show, other than classics back in the day. Those guys never had the same rift raft and shenanigans.
      Good thing nothing was getting stolen, no cars were vandalized, no banners were cut down and no fights were breaking out at SoWo, I mean the VAG crowd is so chiil and respectful. Except for that rice throwing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddie Rose View Post
      there is a part of the JDM crowd that is bad. really bad. But id like to think (and speak for myself) when i say the JDM kids that come to these shows are not the same.
      BUT we have the same kids in the vw crowd. 2 people got their wheels stolen at h2o, last year at sowo i believe someone got their rear th lines stolen, everyshow someone is missing stubby antennas, 1 year at h2o someone stole a freaking r32 front bumper. So VW kids are not the exception. There are ****ty enthusiasts in every scene
      Sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      No. You are welcome to attend. But not display your car on a show field that is exclusive to certain brands. How is this hard to understand?
      Appparently hardest for the shows organizers. It is very gracious of you to ALLOW them to attend but in no way participate. You should organize an event just like SoWo but with Fasccist like security where nobody you dont approve of gets in.

I show up at SoWo and just think HOLY FACK LOOK AT ALL THE COOL A$$ CARS! I hope I am not alone.
      NR/NR

9. 05-24-2012 01:40 PM #44
      As a BMW enthusiast (i had the maroon E36 on white wheels) and especially a European car enthusiast i bring my car to any euro event.
      I love Euro period.
      I strongly hate JDM cars but i LOVE ones that are done correctly and tastefully.

I love the VAG scene. You guys know how to have a good time and pick AWESOME locations for your events.
      BMW events are boring and mostly held in large parking lots........

I come to H20 and Sowo (first time this year and had a blast) and other VAG events because i have allot of VAG friends and always have a part of me that wants a Volkswagen.

TLDR:
      Euros should love one another no matter what make.
      JDMS are cool when done right.
      CANT WE CALL GET ALONG AND DRINK
      Last edited by Msd0s; 05-24-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Vehicles
      05-24-2012 01:44 PM #45
      It's a matter of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Worthersee website
      Our inspiration for Southern Wörthersee is to bring together cars and fans of these beloved marques in a truly authentic European atmosphere.
      Quote Originally Posted by Southern Worthersee website
      So please join us in beautiful Helen, Georgia as we celebrate our enthusiasm for these wonderful cars and the spirit of Wörthersee Tour.
      vs this:

"Can we fill this parking lot GTG" http://www.facebook.com/events/161093697353641/

sigh.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 01:44 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by SKNKWRX View Post
      Blah, Blah,Blah, Fascism, Blah
      VW show = show your VW.

Are you as stupid as you want to be?
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

05-24-2012 01:46 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by LMOTY View Post
      Don't forget the miata killing the mountain. Gotta respect them wanting to be a part of this event. It has went from 150 cars 6 years ago to 2000+. People wanna see what that's about.
      Yeah, that was me in the miata track car in the mountains. I have been coming to the mountains for 7 years now at least twice a month and can say that is the most packed I have ever seen it with car people which was pretty dang cool.

Correct, I do not drive a VW, but many of my friends do or have and I came to support them and support the SoWo event. I am a car guy at heart and weather it is a VW meet, import meet, or track car event, I will be there. I like the VW scene and like the people in it. Tons of passion has been put into most of those cars and I respect that a lot. I kept my car parked away from everyone to not get in the way of everyones meet. I would like to thank those friendly people for being respectful of me and those who did not come in VW's. I will for sure be back next year

Vehicles
      05.5 VW Jetta 2.5, BMW E36 Vert
      05-24-2012 01:52 PM #48
      I show up at SoWo and just think HOLY FACK LOOK AT ALL THE COOL A$$ CARS! I hope I am not alone.
      You are not alone. It's a shame to see and hear that VW people are trying so hard to make the imports and other euros feel unwelcome.

Vehicles
      Axis of Evil
      05-24-2012 01:52 PM #49
      VW show = show your VW.

Are you as stupid as I am?
      No.....I am not. And I still dont know why any of you care who shows up with what to a car show. Hate on insecure haters.
      NR/NR

Vehicles
      05-24-2012 01:56 PM #50
      Showing up is fine, the more the merrier. But expecting to be on the show field is a little much.

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      05-24-2012 01:56 PM #51
      What was with that KTM rider bringing his KTM to an Austrian show? What a ***.

Vehicles
      08' Rabbit 2.5T (RIP), 12' Golf R
      05-24-2012 01:57 PM #52
      Personally I didnt mind seeing them come to Helen. True car enthusiasts will go where all the good shows are. It just so happens that VAG shows DO IT RIGHT! I enjoyed seeing all of the cars that weekend, even the JDM ones.

But seeing them take spots up on the show grounds where other VAG rides cant get in cause it was full was slightly disappointing.

Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant with a Tial 770R 2.7T swap and O1E manual swap
      05-24-2012 02:01 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by SOWO Website View Post
      Our inspiration for Southern Wörthersee is to bring together cars and fansof these beloved marques in a truly authentic European atmosphere.
      The bolded part is the most important. If you don't drive a VAG car, you're still welcome to the show, per the organizers of SOWO.

I agree that the main showgrounds should only include VAG cars, but vendors can bring whatever they'd like to display in their booths. They're the ones helping to make the show happen!

This whole debate is kind of pointless... The whole weekend was amazing, regardless of what make of vehicle showed up. SOWO creates an instant community of car enthusiasts that's hard to find anywhere else.

Let's all just be happy that this spectacular show has such a welcoming home and a dedicated group of individuals that want to make it happen every year.
      Driversport Will Never Die|| Dub Cult PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

My Dead Build Thread

05-24-2012 02:04 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by GTACanuck View Post
      Personally I didnt mind seeing them come to Helen. True car enthusiasts will go where all the good shows are. It just so happens that VAG shows DO IT RIGHT! I enjoyed seeing all of the cars that weekend, even the JDM ones.

But seeing them take spots up on the show grounds where other VAG rides cant get in cause it was full was slightly disappointing.
      Correct on the last part. That is why my miata was parked in a parking lot all alone. All the other non VAG are more of "guest" to the event. I mean it is a VW/audi show and everyone has worked really hard to make it what it is. I wouldn't expect a VW to come park in the middle of a all Mazda meet. But I would welcome them no question to come and enjoy every aspect of the event.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 02:06 PM #55
      No.....I am not. And I still dont know why any of you care who shows up with what to a car show. Hate on insecure haters.
      Awww. You know how to edit. But do you know how to search?

Quote Originally Posted by 91cabster View Post
      As always, we here at SOWO welcome everyone who has an interest in our event! We are very appreciative of everyone who supports us no matter what they drive. As far as we're concerned anyone who takes the time to modify their car is above all else an enthusiast....and that's what the car hobby is all about.

Having said that....SOWO was conceived as an enthusiast festival for owners of vehicles within the Volkswagen Audi Porsche family. The main event site is designated for owners of those brands. The area set aside for Other Euros is intended for for just that. If you are attending in any car considered JDM, Tuner, Sport Compact or otherwise non-Euro, you are always welcome to join the fun but you will need to be prepared to park in the original event area in the parking lot across from Cool River Tubing.

We have had virtually very kind of import car imaginable participate in SOWO going all the way back to the first year, and we are always impressed with the level of preparation, build quality, stance and overall impact of these cars, but SOWO is, was and will always be focused on the marques it was intended for.
      Oh, but what do the event organizers know? They are not true enthusiasts like yourself.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      Axis of Evil
      05-24-2012 02:36 PM #56
      Awww. You know how to edit. But do you know how to search?

Oh, but what do the event organizers know? They are not true enthusiasts like yourself.
      You're absolutely right, my bad. I am sorry SoWo was ruined for you and so many others with things like cars that were'nt just like yours and people who like them and don't care that they are there.

SoWo 2013 cancelled due to diversity and welcoming attitudes
      NR/NR

Vehicles
      05-24-2012 02:39 PM #57

23. 05-24-2012 02:41 PM #58
      Showing up is fine, the more the merrier. But expecting to be on the show field is a little much.

Sounds like the only people who were "expecting" to be on the show field is the people who showed up too late then got butthurt someone let in a few subarus. Just saying.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 02:44 PM #59
      Can't you just understand that many of these folks actually would enjoy a show filled with their own cars and without the same "outcasts" in attendance? There are plenty of shows that embrace diversity. Don't use the "my car scene sucks, so I attend VW shows" as an excuse.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 02:49 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by csmith0012 View Post
      Sounds like the only people who were "expecting" to be on the show field is the people who showed up too late then got butthurt someone let in a few subarus. Just saying.
      Yes, why should Vag drivers expect to have space to park at their show? The nerve of them.

I'm going to have to use that excuse for the handicapped spot at work. "Sorry gimpy, should have come to work a little earlier."
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

26. 05-24-2012 02:55 PM #61
      Lol you're a clown. I just said i agree that it should have ONLY been vag cars in the main lot. The only people to blame is the staff. Would I have a complaint for them? Absolutely not, this show is my favorite and probably always will be. Like i stated earlier this is the 4th year I've been to sowo, I've never shown or registered my car for the event. I respect that it's a vag show and don't bother trying to show bc i know how passionate you people are about keeping it an all vag show. But there is a huge double standard bc there are a million bmw's that show up and they are perfectly fine. So maybe you should focus on bitching about the bmw's that stole all these spots.

And I'm not going bc your scene is "cooler," I'm going to look at the cars.

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, '14 Jeep
      05-24-2012 03:01 PM #62
      Yes, why should Vag drivers expect to have space to park at their show? The nerve of them.

I'm going to have to use that excuse for the handicapped spot at work. "Sorry gimpy, should have come to work a little earlier."
      They should have parked their cars on Friday evening like the show organizers asked everyone to

I showed up at 11am on Saturday, heard they weren't letting cars on the showgrounds (I had a feeling this would be the case), and parked my car on the other side of the river, NBD. I wasn't butthurt that I couldn't park on the showgrounds and neither were any of the people I parked with on the other side in our VWs.

To be honest, it seems like you're the only one that continues to beat this topic to death. Do the other cars offend you that much? There wasn't a shortage of space in the showfield bc non-VAG cars were parked in there. The organizers chose not to allow more cars in after a certain time, that's all.

Vehicles
      05-24-2012 03:01 PM #63
      BMW = Bavarian = German. we can't really complain that much :shrug:

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, '14 Jeep
      05-24-2012 03:04 PM #64
      BMW = Bavarian = German. we can't really complain that much :shrug:
      Based on the showground map and info before the show, ANY non-VAG car was supposed to not be in the showgrounds or even in booths. BMWs would be classified as non-VAG, regardless of them being German cars

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 03:04 PM #65
      I didn't like that the BMW's and Mercs were there either.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 03:09 PM #66
      So if I voice my opinion on exclusivity, it's beating a topic to death. If you voice your opinion that conflicts with mine, it's not.

I'm sorry. I will know my place next time.

Anyone took pics of that awesome stanced purple civic?
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

32. 05-24-2012 03:16 PM #67
      That civic did not look good. Doesn't matter what your into.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 03:19 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by csmith0012 View Post
      That civic did not look good. Doesn't matter what your into.
      Funny, there was a thread in the H2O forums that said it was the dopest shiz at the show. You guys don't know a well built car when you see one.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

34. 05-24-2012 03:22 PM #69
      Well it wasn't. I Would like to think that the were kidding.

Vehicles
      2004 R32, 2001 Evo VII
      05-24-2012 03:23 PM #70
      I Used to own a MKIV R32, and I Still love the VW scene. Is it really that big of a deal that I brought my non VW car to this event? The VW Scene used to be the most friendly of any group i'd ever seen, it seems to me that times are changing.
      I don't always use race gas, but when I do, I use my EIP race file.
      EIP race file... Stay thirsty my friends

-JDM RHD Evo7 -639whp/553wtq - Running out of fuel

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast