Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's with the Hondas?

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      05-24-2012 12:56 PM #51
      What was with that KTM rider bringing his KTM to an Austrian show? What a ***.

Vehicles
      08' Rabbit 2.5T, 12' Golf R, 91' Jetta
      05-24-2012 12:57 PM #52
      Personally I didnt mind seeing them come to Helen. True car enthusiasts will go where all the good shows are. It just so happens that VAG shows DO IT RIGHT! I enjoyed seeing all of the cars that weekend, even the JDM ones.

But seeing them take spots up on the show grounds where other VAG rides cant get in cause it was full was slightly disappointing.

Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant with a Tial 770R 2.7T swap and O1E manual swap
      05-24-2012 01:01 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by SOWO Website View Post
      Our inspiration for Southern Wörthersee is to bring together cars and fansof these beloved marques in a truly authentic European atmosphere.
      The bolded part is the most important. If you don't drive a VAG car, you're still welcome to the show, per the organizers of SOWO.

I agree that the main showgrounds should only include VAG cars, but vendors can bring whatever they'd like to display in their booths. They're the ones helping to make the show happen!

This whole debate is kind of pointless... The whole weekend was amazing, regardless of what make of vehicle showed up. SOWO creates an instant community of car enthusiasts that's hard to find anywhere else.

Let's all just be happy that this spectacular show has such a welcoming home and a dedicated group of individuals that want to make it happen every year.
      Driversport Will Never Die|| Dub Cult PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

My Dead Build Thread

05-24-2012 01:04 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by GTACanuck View Post
      Personally I didnt mind seeing them come to Helen. True car enthusiasts will go where all the good shows are. It just so happens that VAG shows DO IT RIGHT! I enjoyed seeing all of the cars that weekend, even the JDM ones.

But seeing them take spots up on the show grounds where other VAG rides cant get in cause it was full was slightly disappointing.
      Correct on the last part. That is why my miata was parked in a parking lot all alone. All the other non VAG are more of "guest" to the event. I mean it is a VW/audi show and everyone has worked really hard to make it what it is. I wouldn't expect a VW to come park in the middle of a all Mazda meet. But I would welcome them no question to come and enjoy every aspect of the event.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 01:06 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by SKNKWRX View Post
      No.....I am not. And I still dont know why any of you care who shows up with what to a car show. Hate on insecure haters.
      Awww. You know how to edit. But do you know how to search?

Quote Originally Posted by 91cabster View Post
      As always, we here at SOWO welcome everyone who has an interest in our event! We are very appreciative of everyone who supports us no matter what they drive. As far as we're concerned anyone who takes the time to modify their car is above all else an enthusiast....and that's what the car hobby is all about.

Having said that....SOWO was conceived as an enthusiast festival for owners of vehicles within the Volkswagen Audi Porsche family. The main event site is designated for owners of those brands. The area set aside for Other Euros is intended for for just that. If you are attending in any car considered JDM, Tuner, Sport Compact or otherwise non-Euro, you are always welcome to join the fun but you will need to be prepared to park in the original event area in the parking lot across from Cool River Tubing.

We have had virtually very kind of import car imaginable participate in SOWO going all the way back to the first year, and we are always impressed with the level of preparation, build quality, stance and overall impact of these cars, but SOWO is, was and will always be focused on the marques it was intended for.
      Oh, but what do the event organizers know? They are not true enthusiasts like yourself.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport
      |F0TZ3 HA5E| - The Project
      VWVolkshaus: Haus des Verrückten

Vehicles
      Axis of Evil
      05-24-2012 01:36 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      Awww. You know how to edit. But do you know how to search?

Oh, but what do the event organizers know? They are not true enthusiasts like yourself.
      You're absolutely right, my bad. I am sorry SoWo was ruined for you and so many others with things like cars that were'nt just like yours and people who like them and don't care that they are there.

SoWo 2013 cancelled due to diversity and welcoming attitudes
      NR/NR

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      05-24-2012 01:39 PM #57

.: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

8. 05-24-2012 01:41 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by eudorrra View Post
      Showing up is fine, the more the merrier. But expecting to be on the show field is a little much.

Sounds like the only people who were "expecting" to be on the show field is the people who showed up too late then got butthurt someone let in a few subarus. Just saying.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 01:44 PM #59
      Can't you just understand that many of these folks actually would enjoy a show filled with their own cars and without the same "outcasts" in attendance? There are plenty of shows that embrace diversity. Don't use the "my car scene sucks, so I attend VW shows" as an excuse.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 01:49 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by csmith0012 View Post
      Sounds like the only people who were "expecting" to be on the show field is the people who showed up too late then got butthurt someone let in a few subarus. Just saying.
      Yes, why should Vag drivers expect to have space to park at their show? The nerve of them.

I'm going to have to use that excuse for the handicapped spot at work. "Sorry gimpy, should have come to work a little earlier."
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

11. 05-24-2012 01:55 PM #61
      Lol you're a clown. I just said i agree that it should have ONLY been vag cars in the main lot. The only people to blame is the staff. Would I have a complaint for them? Absolutely not, this show is my favorite and probably always will be. Like i stated earlier this is the 4th year I've been to sowo, I've never shown or registered my car for the event. I respect that it's a vag show and don't bother trying to show bc i know how passionate you people are about keeping it an all vag show. But there is a huge double standard bc there are a million bmw's that show up and they are perfectly fine. So maybe you should focus on bitching about the bmw's that stole all these spots.

And I'm not going bc your scene is "cooler," I'm going to look at the cars.

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, '14 Jeep
      05-24-2012 02:01 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      Yes, why should Vag drivers expect to have space to park at their show? The nerve of them.

I'm going to have to use that excuse for the handicapped spot at work. "Sorry gimpy, should have come to work a little earlier."
      They should have parked their cars on Friday evening like the show organizers asked everyone to

I showed up at 11am on Saturday, heard they weren't letting cars on the showgrounds (I had a feeling this would be the case), and parked my car on the other side of the river, NBD. I wasn't butthurt that I couldn't park on the showgrounds and neither were any of the people I parked with on the other side in our VWs.

To be honest, it seems like you're the only one that continues to beat this topic to death. Do the other cars offend you that much? There wasn't a shortage of space in the showfield bc non-VAG cars were parked in there. The organizers chose not to allow more cars in after a certain time, that's all.

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      05-24-2012 02:01 PM #63
      BMW = Bavarian = German. we can't really complain that much :shrug:
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, '14 Jeep
      05-24-2012 02:04 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by eudorrra View Post
      BMW = Bavarian = German. we can't really complain that much :shrug:
      Based on the showground map and info before the show, ANY non-VAG car was supposed to not be in the showgrounds or even in booths. BMWs would be classified as non-VAG, regardless of them being German cars

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 02:04 PM #65
      I didn't like that the BMW's and Mercs were there either.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 02:09 PM #66
      So if I voice my opinion on exclusivity, it's beating a topic to death. If you voice your opinion that conflicts with mine, it's not.

I'm sorry. I will know my place next time.

Anyone took pics of that awesome stanced purple civic?
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

17. 05-24-2012 02:16 PM #67
      That civic did not look good. Doesn't matter what your into.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 02:19 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by csmith0012 View Post
      That civic did not look good. Doesn't matter what your into.
      Funny, there was a thread in the H2O forums that said it was the dopest shiz at the show. You guys don't know a well built car when you see one.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

19. 05-24-2012 02:22 PM #69
      Well it wasn't. I Would like to think that the were kidding.

Vehicles
      2004 R32, 2001 Evo VII
      05-24-2012 02:23 PM #70
      I Used to own a MKIV R32, and I Still love the VW scene. Is it really that big of a deal that I brought my non VW car to this event? The VW Scene used to be the most friendly of any group i'd ever seen, it seems to me that times are changing.
      I don't always use race gas, but when I do, I use my EIP race file.
      EIP race file... Stay thirsty my friends

-JDM RHD Evo7 -639whp/553wtq - Running out of fuel

Vehicles
      From 2 MKV's to none (Hunting for whats next)
      05-24-2012 02:40 PM #71
      This whole thread makes my head hurt... why is this even a question????

2006 BMP GTI - SOLD
      2007 Fahrenheit GTI #1084 - SOLD
      2003 330i - Daily

@ninohale IG - www.conduktco.com

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 02:46 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by ninohale View Post
      This whole thread makes my head hurt... why is this even a question????

//COOLWATERmotorsport

05-24-2012 03:00 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by OAS_vr_slow View Post
      I hear that. The people that parked on the show field with Japanese and domestic cars had no business being there unless they were at a booth.
      Butler Tires & Wheels
      HRE | Savini | Lexani | Forgiato | BBS | Rotiform | RBP | Niche | TSW | Lorinser | Fuel | Black Rhino | Dub| Foose | US Mags | American Force | Vossen | Rennen | Beyern | Brambus | OZ | Enkei | Cray | Conventry | Michelin | Pirelli | Toyo | Procomp | H&R | Corsa | Borla | Eibach | Hotchkis | Remus | Akrapovič

24. 05-24-2012 03:14 PM #74
      I drove my honda to the show this year (blue one) and i drove my miata last year. ive owned many VW's but not around SOWO time.

i love the show, even though I drive a import, I like SOWO more than Import alliance.

I will attend SOWO every year whether i drive a corvette or honda or vw lol

25. 05-24-2012 03:21 PM #75
      This is serious business going here. Lots of hurt feels on both sides of this discussion. Anyone with out hurt feels is not allowed on this thread. Please go away. Your unhurt feelings are not welcome here.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast