Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's with the Hondas?

Vehicles
      '06 MKV on pillows & '07 Fahrenheit GTI
      05-24-2012 03:40 PM #71
      This whole thread makes my head hurt... why is this even a question????

l AirLift/ORT l APR l G1001 l

@ninohale IG

www.conduktco.com

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 03:46 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by ninohale View Post
      This whole thread makes my head hurt... why is this even a question????

//COOLWATERmotorsport
      |F0TZ3 HA5E| - The Project
      VWVolkshaus: Haus des Verrückten

Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Das Auto | Feed Your Restless
      05-24-2012 04:00 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by OAS_vr_slow View Post
      I hear that. The people that parked on the show field with Japanese and domestic cars had no business being there unless they were at a booth.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

4. 05-24-2012 04:14 PM #74
      I drove my honda to the show this year (blue one) and i drove my miata last year. ive owned many VW's but not around SOWO time.

i love the show, even though I drive a import, I like SOWO more than Import alliance.

I will attend SOWO every year whether i drive a corvette or honda or vw lol

5. 05-24-2012 04:21 PM #75
      This is serious business going here. Lots of hurt feels on both sides of this discussion. Anyone with out hurt feels is not allowed on this thread. Please go away. Your unhurt feelings are not welcome here.

6. 05-24-2012 04:37 PM #76
      who cares... my girlfriend drives a Saturn. she attended. We road down there in a Saab. Left the s4 at home. I think everyone should look at the map of sowo, that part that says "non Vag Cars" good grief

Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI Autobahn
      05-24-2012 04:39 PM #77
      At this point I'd say who cares what are opinions are, it's up to those that host SoWo. If they want these cars to be in, fine with me, if not then that's fine as well. Earlier I was trying to get my point across that I first came to the show because it was VW/Audi exclusive. I don't mind the others being there, and having them there won't keep me away, and won't make me less interested. Having said that, it seems those that just want to have everything else present have the only opinions that matter.

At the end of the day, was anyone upset anything other than VAG was there? I doubt it. For me, it's about me getting to see my friends that I only see here (or mostly here) and catching up with them, and hopefully making new ones.

/thread

Vehicles
      2004 R32, 2001 Evo VII
      05-24-2012 04:50 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by nolesfan View Post

At the end of the day, was anyone upset anything other than VAG was there? I doubt it.
      Wasn't that the whole reason OP made the thread?
      I don't always use race gas, but when I do, I use my EIP race file.
      EIP race file... Stay thirsty my friends

-JDM RHD Evo7 -639whp/553wtq - Running out of fuel

9. 05-24-2012 04:54 PM #79
      At this point I'd say who cares what are opinions are, it's up to those that host SoWo. If they want these cars to be in, fine with me, if not then that's fine as well. Earlier I was trying to get my point across that I first came to the show because it was VW/Audi exclusive. I don't mind the others being there, and having them there won't keep me away, and won't make me less interested. Having said that, it seems those that just want to have everything else present have the only opinions that matter.

At the end of the day, was anyone upset anything other than VAG was there? I doubt it. For me, it's about me getting to see my friends that I only see here (or mostly here) and catching up with them, and hopefully making new ones.

/thread
      im a car enthusiast period. I respect cars for what they are and im intrigued by different modifications people do to express their individuality. That being said, i could care less who comes. As long as they arent ruining the show by acting like a$$holes by fighting, causing problems, vandalizing and stealing. if the honda kids wanna come, stay in the honda area, and dont start trouble. Same with all the other makes. tx2k is aka supra nationals. I drive a stg 3 s4, nowhere near on the level of those 1000+ hp cars, but i will attend tx2k13 because i like cars, especially balls out disgustingly neck brakingly stupid fast cars that burn the tires at 100mph. Also, i think there comes a point when the show reaches a certain size that the non vag cars are gonna need to park somewhere else... its just too big for the area.

Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI Autobahn
      05-24-2012 04:55 PM #80
      From OP: Seems like there were lots more Hondas here this year? What's with all the non VAG?

05-24-2012 05:28 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by SKNKWRX View Post
      You're absolutely right, my bad. I am sorry SoWo was ruined for you and so many others with things like cars that were'nt just like yours and people who like them and don't care that they are there.

SoWo 2013 cancelled due to diversity and welcoming attitudes
      Are you just ****ing stupid. Its a VAG show. Everyone says they don tmind other makes showing up but not SHow in the show. Quit being a sensitive **** and grow up. You dont have to be a homo smart ass everytime someone says stay the hell out of the show.

Vehicles
      S14 240SX, Mk1 Rabbit, Mk3 Supra, Mk1 Rabbit, F250 Diesel, Mk4 Golf TDI, 987 Boxster
      05-24-2012 05:34 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by Slacker20 View Post
      ...people whose VAG car decided to not cooperate and so they had to drive their non-VAG car instead.
      I almost did this.. My Mk1 had been having problems with the fan not coming on causing it to run hot. Luckily I fixed it 2 days before SoWo.

I still considered driving my 240 just because it's got more done to it than the Mk1, but decided against it since I figured I would have idiot VW fanboys throwing rice at me all weekend

Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI Autobahn
      05-24-2012 05:38 PM #83
      LOL, throwing rice is funny, but still effed up. Just because it's a show to showcase one family or make of cars, doesn't mean other cars can't or shouldn't be driven there, just not shown there. But to the asses who were throwing rice or making non-welcoming comments, good job

Vehicles
      05.5 VW Jetta 2.5, BMW E36 Vert
      05-24-2012 05:41 PM #84
      ITT we learned that when VW owners get sand in their VAG, they throw rice.

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      05-24-2012 05:43 PM #85
      Allow me to summarize the two issues here:

1. Non-VAG cars being in the show. Note that all are welcome to come into town in whatever they want, but as a VAG show, the SHOWFIELD was meant for VAG cars.

2. VAG Community not respecting cars that aren't VAG. We should all be able to get along, whether passing on a random highway, in the middle of Helen, or on the strip in OCMD. Just because a bunch of us are together, doesn't mean we can be douches. If it were just one VW among Mustangs, you'd be behaving just fine. There's no reason for people to turn into a$$hats and get an "us vs. them" mentality when in the end we are all enthusiasts.
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

05-24-2012 05:54 PM #86
      Its unfortunate the mentality that some people have towards other makes. I had a friend who tagged along with us in his XB and he had to put up with lots of rude comments when he was doing nothing but enjoying the weekend like everyone else and keeping to himself. I don't get it.

I understand the argument going on here. But what I don't understand is why people need to be so rude just because its not a vw/audi, or because its not slammed with crazy wheels. I feel embarrassed to be associated with some of the VAG "scene" sometimes because of things like this.

A car is a car no matter who its manufactured by, and just because someone drives a different make car doesn't make them an enemy or what ever. Who cares if something drives a Honda, Toyota, Ford, or what ever.

I understand this doesn't really have to do a whole lot with what you guys are discussing, but I just don't get it.

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      05-24-2012 06:00 PM #87
      I think it does have to do with it.. is it the fear the someone "not like you" ie. driving a different make is going to not appreciate your car or show and ruin it for the rest of us?

There's a giant car meet apparently at the place where my local group has had our GTG for nearly a decade, and while we don't mind other people showing up, a TON of other makes that may not have the same [normally] chill mentality as the VAG community are planning to show up. We're only opposed to it because we'd hate to get kicked out of our usual spot because "outsiders" can't behave and ruined it for us. maybe the same worry is going on with Sowo which is making people get all rage face at anything non-VAG, even if their drivers ARE part of the VAG community

05-24-2012 06:06 PM #88
      I can understand that. But in this particular case my friend was doing nothing to attract attention, and never tried to park in the show grounds. He is a very down to earth nice guy. If anything he is trying to make sure he isn't stepping on your toes or what ever.

The past 4 years I have gone I have driven VAG cars, a different one each year. This year I decided to leave them at home and bring my E21 BMW. I am not sure if its because its a euro car or what, but I didn't feel any animosity or anything towards me all weekend. I got plenty of thumbs up at compliments from people all weekend.

The sad part about this is that the people that seem to cause the trouble every year at this particular event do happen to be the ones driving the VAG cars, not normally the "outcasts".

Vehicles
      05.5 VW Jetta 2.5, BMW E36 Vert
      05-24-2012 06:08 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by eudorrra View Post
      I think it does have to do with it.. is it the fear the someone "not like you" ie. driving a different make is going to not appreciate your car or show and ruin it for the rest of us?

There's a giant car meet apparently at the place where my local group has had our GTG for nearly a decade, and while we don't mind other people showing up, a TON of other makes that may not have the same [normally] chill mentality as the VAG community are planning to show up. We're only opposed to it because we'd hate to get kicked out of our usual spot because "outsiders" can't behave and ruined it for us. maybe the same worry is going on with Sowo which is making people get all rage face at anything non-VAG, even if their drivers ARE part of the VAG community
      This is not really a concern. There may have been 50 modified imports this weekend, compared to the thousands of VAG. Like Ian said, the VAG kids can be plenty embarassing and, as we saw this weekend, are very capable of acting like asshats. If SoWo is cancelled because of someone acting a moron, odds are (based on sheer #s)it will be a VW driving moron.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 07:00 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by motocaddy View Post
      This is not really a concern. There may have been 50 modified imports this weekend, compared to the thousands of VAG. Like Ian said, the VAG kids can be plenty embarassing and, as we saw this weekend, are very capable of acting like asshats. If SoWo is cancelled because of someone acting a moron, odds are (based on sheer #s)it will be a VW driving moron.
      Yes. It will more than likely be the VW moron.

And this is what our local, quiet GTG is turning into.

Care to do that probability math again?
      Last edited by nemo1ner; 05-24-2012 at 07:11 PM.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

05-24-2012 07:11 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      Yes. It will more than likely be the VW moron.

Care to do that probability math again?
      lol. funny how there was like 20 vws that got into accidents and hit curbs and various other things that weekend.

yes the supra incident was bad, but because of "sheer numbers" vws crashed more than imports.
      VWFiends :::: Flickr

Alexi DeRochambeau will always be the BOSS.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 07:16 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by V ScruB View Post
      lol. funny how there was like 20 vws that got into accidents and hit curbs and various other things that weekend.

yes the supra incident was bad, but because of "sheer numbers" vws crashed more than imports.
      Did they take a condo down with them?
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

05-24-2012 07:21 PM #93
      Did they take a condo down with them?
      Doesnt matter, Ocean City doesnt say they dont want the toyota supras back, they say they dont want the VW's back.

The point is that the few non VAG cars that attend these shows in comparison to the VAG cars that do dont affect the show, its stupid to argue that it isnt more likely that a vw is going to cause problems than one of the few non VAG cars are.

That supra wouldnt have done that if their wasnt a crowd of 1000 vw owners egging him on. Did you think about that, no, no you didnt.'

ipso-facto who gives a flying rats ass if 50 non VAG cars show up to a VAG show. Become a true car enthusiast instead of a Brand SNOB.

Vehicles
      WRX Hellafunctional
      05-24-2012 07:26 PM #94
      Ah the infamous h2o supra guy. I drove my import to SOWO just to race people. My dad is paul walker and my other dad is vin diesel. I was genetically engineered in a test tube to drag race. You guys probabaly heard me driving in first gear bouncing rev limiter in the early morning hours for 20 minutes on end. My soul purpose in life is to ruin SOWO!

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 07:42 PM #95
      Become a true car enthusiast instead of a Brand SNOB.
      Brand snob? Seriously? This is a show for specific brands. For owners and enthusiasts of those brands. It's not the "Stanced out Hellaflush dope eurojdm muscle car" gtg. It's VW, Audi.

I'm going to let the NAACP that they need to quit being skin tone snobs. For real. I want to be a brotha.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI Autobahn
      05-24-2012 07:55 PM #96
      @v scrub's comment: yes the supra incident was bad, but because of "sheer numbers" vws crashed more than imports.

Um, VWs crashed more than imports? Were you in Germany or something? You know VWs are imports as well, right?

05-24-2012 08:09 PM #97
      Brand snob? Seriously? This is a show for specific brands. For owners and enthusiasts of those brands. It's not the "Stanced out Hellaflush dope eurojdm muscle car" gtg. It's VW, Audi.

I'm going to let the NAACP that they need to quit being skin tone snobs. For real. I want to be a brotha.
      You are being a brand snob, your like a 17yo girl from boca raton, fl arguing with another girl how much better coach is than louis.

Relax chief. and your right its not "Stanced out Hellaflush dope eurojdm muscle car" its the "Stanced out Hellaflush dope VAGshow"

Jesus this is dumb.
      @v scrub's comment: yes the supra incident was bad, but because of "sheer numbers" vws crashed more than imports.

Um, VWs crashed more than imports? Were you in Germany or something? You know VWs are imports as well, right?
      Well thanks, im pretty sure it was understood what i meant. o and actually depending on what vw we are talking about not all of them are imported.

thanks tho come again next time.

o and learn how to use the quote button next time.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 08:24 PM #98
      You are being a brand snob,
      No, not really. I am a fan of a certain group of cars, at a show established for those cars.
      your like a 17yo girl from boca raton, fl
      I'm actually a 32 year old man from Livingston, NJ.
      arguing with another girl how much better coach is than louis.
      I am guessing you are a Louis fan. Don't blame you. Most bitches are.
      Relax chief.
      I am quite relaxed. I even have a beer in my hand.
      and your right
      I know. And it's "you're right." I am sure you will find that I am right about that too.
      its not "Stanced out Hellaflush dope eurojdm muscle car"
      That's what I said. Glad we agree on something.
      its the "Stanced out Hellaflush dope VAGshow"
      Finally! Now you understand. I would post a clapping icon if Vortex had one.
      Jesus this is dumb.
      Even Jesus thinks so.
      Well thanks
      No problem.
      im pretty sure it was understood what i meant
      I hope so. If you don't understand what you mean, communication is just that more difficult. Also, "im" is not a word and hinders the communication process.
      o and actually depending on what vw we are talking about not all of them are imported.
      Watch out, we have a smart ass over here. Eh, I guess Mexico might as well be Texas.
      thanks tho come again next time.

o and learn how to use the quote button next time.
      I just learned how to use it. It is actually very useful.
      In your butt.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      98 L132 Bench racer w/ a once pipe
      05-24-2012 08:36 PM #99
      ^ bro needs a life.
      Hard Parked since 07

BHC

Rimz is a ghetto term that should have raised a red flag.

Vehicles
      05-24-2012 08:42 PM #100

obv

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-24-2012 08:45 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by The Hamburglar. View Post
      ^ bro needs a life.
      Not your bro, brah.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      05-24-2012 08:50 PM #102
      not your brah, breh.
      Hard Parked since 07

BHC

Vehicles
      05-24-2012 08:53 PM #103
      Hard Parked since 07

BHC

05-24-2012 08:54 PM #104
      No, not really. I am a fan of a certain group of cars, at a show established for those cars.

I'm actually a 32 year old man from Livingston, NJ.

It sais LIKE thanks for understanding tho.

I am guessing you are a Louis fan. Don't blame you. Most bitches are.

Way to call someone you dont know on the internets a bitch, your super cool.
      I am quite relaxed. I even have a beer in my hand.

I know. And it's "you're right." I am sure you will find that I am right about that too.
      i am sure some day you will realize that the internets and vortex specifically is not serious business, an engish class, or a major publication. Thus proper grammar is not necessary

That's what I said. Glad we agree on something.

Finally! Now you understand. I would post a clapping icon if Vortex had one.

Even Jesus thinks so.

No problem.

I hope so. If you don't understand what you mean, communication is just that more difficult. Also, "im" is not a word and hinders the communication process.

Watch out, we have a smart ass over here. Eh, I guess Mexico might as well be Texas.

I just learned how to use it. It is actually very useful.

In your butt.
      All of the bolded things at the bottom you were to frustrated to realize were not geared towards you and had a completely different user quoted thanks tho try again.

When you grow up and start acting like a 30 year old the world is a better place. You help rest my case that you act like a little girl and also pretend to be relaxed when your are clearly flustered but the 8000 quotes you just did. I mean come on man, even watching some brain numbing tv is more productive than that.

Have a nice day. go start a VAG show where other VW snobs can hang out.

Vehicles
      bagged 99.5 A4 TQM, 09 BMW 135i
      05-24-2012 09:02 PM #105
      I don't even come for the show. I come to see my friends. After come a couple of times, it all seems to get old and look the same.
      99.5 A4 TQM Bagged, chromed, Classy
      09 BMW 135i, DD

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast