Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's with the Hondas?

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      05-26-2012 09:50 AM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by nastynorth View Post
      and by the way, i was more interested in the other makes than the super played out vw scene. but then again, i own an m3
      then why go to vw shows at all? this is what baffles me. if you're in town for the parties, then surely that's a long drive (for most) just to get wasted and yell at things
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      05-26-2012 10:07 AM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by eudorrra View Post
      if you're in town for the parties, then surely that's a long drive (for most) just to get wasted and yell at things
      ****, I'm employed by Honda and I'd rather hang out with VW people. So ****ing sue me.

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      05-26-2012 10:10 AM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      ****, I'm employed by Honda and I'd rather hang out with VW people. So ****ing sue me.
      lol I have a few friends in that situation. they drive BMWs . from GA, do you make the trip to Waterfest?

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      05-26-2012 10:13 AM #144
      lol I have a few friends in that situation. they drive BMWs . from GA, do you make the trip to Waterfest?
      I have since 2000, but have missed the last few years. I will go anywhere, at anytime to hang out with VW people. But the only thing I own that's worth showing is a lousy KTM supermoto.

Vehicles
      05-26-2012 10:33 AM #145
      if you're in it for the vibe, it's really more about showing up and hanging out than showing for a trophy

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      05-26-2012 11:34 AM #146
      if you're in it for the vibe, it's really more about showing up and hanging out than showing for a trophy
      I've had my feet in the VW scene since around '94, so you tend to make friends along the way, which is what all this is about, regardless of what they drive now.

Vehicles
      05-26-2012 12:14 PM #147
      :hug it out:

8. 05-26-2012 12:17 PM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post
      Has nothing to do with being close minded has to do with the experiences I've had at shows when Hondas, Evos, and the like show up. Most of us know why the entire outkast thing exists, it's nothing but a way to stir up ****.

I hope you never have a bad experience with a vw owner. I had a great time even though I had numerous vw kids "stir the pot" by yelling **** at me. Take a look around next time at who's acting foolish instead of assuming.

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      05-26-2012 12:27 PM #149
      :hug it out:
      I prefer mosh pits. You find your true friends in a circle-pit.

Vehicles
      04 Jetta Gli race car, 1994 Chevy lumina winta beata
      05-26-2012 04:06 PM #150
      I've had my feet in the VW scene since around '94, so you tend to make friends along the way, which is what all this is about, regardless of what they drive now.

Stop hating on the non-vag cars, its getting really old
      Quote Originally Posted by Mac n Cheez View Post
      you crazy son of a bitch , youre definatly drunk
      jawnwerks.#rippingoldsteins.#ellie.

Vehicles
      04 .:R
      05-26-2012 10:16 PM #151
      For me, its not so much the presence of non VAG cars that bothers me. Its the fact that Honda kids have a douche rep because of their personalities. Case in point. I dont care what you drive, but if your revving your v-tec at VWs at a VAG show, or trying to "run" every car you see, then your just a typical "JDM" kid.
      South Jersey area? Check out this meet --> http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-area-GTG-v2.0

12. 05-27-2012 02:26 AM #152
      Damn. I drove that white Evo, that I now know is apparently not allowed according to most of you. I came down b/c I have a lot of friends in the VW/Audi scene and have always wanted to go to SoWo.

My apologies if my car caused too much of a problem driving around. I wasn't allowed into the show and I never argued about it one bit. I understood that it was a VAG show, thus I took my car to the gravel parking lot. I figured everyone could appreciate all cars no matter the make/model, I must have been wrong.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      05-27-2012 07:46 AM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by kbuss View Post
      Damn. I drove that white Evo, that I now know is apparently not allowed according to most of you. I came down b/c I have a lot of friends in the VW/Audi scene and have always wanted to go to SoWo.

My apologies if my car caused too much of a problem driving around. I wasn't allowed into the show and I never argued about it one bit. I understood that it was a VAG show, thus I took my car to the gravel parking lot. I figured everyone could appreciate all cars no matter the make/model, I must have been wrong.
      Nope. Still don't get it.

Vehicles
      '97 24V Golf, '13 RAM 2500, '13 HD Streetbob, 2011 HD StreetGlide, & '13 ALLROAD
      05-27-2012 07:58 AM #154
      Quote Originally Posted by Kiddie Rose View Post
      just want to take this time to thank everyone that was so cool this weekend. My S got so much love from non closed minded people I have had multiple vw's before this car, and still daily drive a gti. I dont view myself as an outcast, because i still have so many friends in the vw scene that still view me the same way. Thats one of the reasons why i keep coming to these shows.
      pic from the cabin

seems to me that people that have been in the scene awhile are the ones that are welcoming to all makes.(**** you wont find a nicer mk4 than swoops 'car and he LOVED my car.
      My car is 100% euro inspired, and real euro enthusiasts appreciate it.

When people stop coming to car shows for cars, and start coming to see friends they only get to see once or twice a year, all the little bull**** doesnt matter anymore.

Well said
      HUDSON AUTOBODY * LUX * PVW * FRIENDS1ST * SLOW&LOW * BAREKNUCKLE

15. 05-27-2012 12:50 PM #155
      I think the thing that most people seem to lose track of that this is an event...not a show only.

A show only would basically mean a SHOW for those certain cars that stand out. After making the rounds and seeing a lot of stock or semi-stock vehicles parked all through the grounds, I can say that I was slightly dissapointed...Im not really a VW guy at heart ( I like em and all) but there were some rediculous nice ones just across the river who couldnt even get into the grounds.

I drove the Mercedes this year, but was planning on bringing my Honda as well. I have a few cars and each one has its purposes. You cant really complain about other makes and models coming to an event like this. I can guarantee you some of the people driving the Hondas or other makes are probably some of the biggest supporters of this show. I drove the bike one day last year and my Yota truck the next day and the amount of fun I had made me want to come back this year. Ive told many people about this show because of that. I didnt even own a euro car at the time.

Its unfortunate that a lot of the euro or vw guys dont seem to be actual car guys. Dont let the vw only thing get Hitleresque. I dont care what brand or make it is as long as it stands out and is down right awesome. There are a lot of euro inspired japanese vehicles running around and vice versa.

I had an awesome time this year and while I will probably bring Elvis next year, maybe Ill bring along another car as well. The same ole same ole can get boring.

At the end of the day there will always be people complaining about other makes coming to their make specific gatherings...it really doesnt matter, if youre a lover of the automobile then that should just be thrown out the window.
      Last edited by mushroom_toy; 05-27-2012 at 12:53 PM.

16. 05-27-2012 07:52 PM #156
      I didn't have a problem at all with other makes in town. I saw some sick cars regardless that they weren't vag.

I was disappointed that I was turned away from parking in the show and I saw other makes parked in there. I think the show area should definitely be vw/audi only though. Then maybe other euros if there is room.

I did see some beat up ass jdm cars being douchbags though. Also saw many vw "kids" being douches as well.

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      05-28-2012 06:30 AM #157
      Quote Originally Posted by Deemo18T View Post
      For me, its not so much the presence of non VAG cars that bothers me. Its the fact that Honda kids have a douche rep because of their personalities. Case in point. I dont care what you drive, but if your revving your v-tec at VWs at a VAG show, or trying to "run" every car you see, then your just a typical "JDM" kid.
      I brought the ONLY Austrian vehicle to an Austrian show. Does that mean that Mexican built "German " cars aren't allowed?

Vehicles
      02 gti
      05-28-2012 08:16 AM #158
      This is what happens when we are not allowed to FLAME anyone. We end up with a VW site with a bunch non vw owners.
      You guys can justify it all you want, but its a VAG show. Not an import show.
      LOVE'S TRIM SHOP
      678-432-2005
      auto-boat-motorcycle upholstery
      convertible tops
      lovestrim@hotmail.com

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      05-28-2012 09:26 AM #159
      Quote Originally Posted by klcorrado05 View Post
      You guys can justify it all you want, but its a VAG show. Not an import show.
      I get it, I really do. Have any of you bothered to check the actual Worthersee Treffen pictures (not posted by the VWVortex)? Take a look at how many non-VW/Audi cars there are, and tell me that Worthersee is a VW/Audi only event. VW/Audi canted? Sure, but exclusive? No.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      05-28-2012 10:52 AM #160
      I get it, I really do. Have any of you bothered to check the actual Worthersee Treffen pictures (not posted by the VWVortex)? Take a look at how many non-VW/Audi cars there are, and tell me that Worthersee is a VW/Audi only event. VW/Audi canted? Sure, but exclusive? No.
      That's different. If you actually took the time to read, it would be clear that people are not talking about the event as a whole. We are talking about the day of the actual show (Saturday, between the hours of 8am until end). It's perfectly fine for all makes to cruise around Helen all weekend, but the actual show grounds on Saturday should have not included them.

Quote Originally Posted by nolesfan View Post
      I don't have a problem with non-VAG cars being in town, but I don't think they should be in the show.
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      I don't mind them being around, but I actually was disappointed when I saw them on the show field. The staff was turning away some German cars, but allowed the JDM stuff in.
      Quote Originally Posted by adis ct9a View Post
      Being a Non-Vag attendee, I was also kinda confused on the jdm/non-vag cars in the show while there was plenty of vw's that couldn't get in.
      Quote Originally Posted by 1SlowA4 View Post
      Are you just ****ing stupid. Its a VAG show. Everyone says they don't mind other makes showing up but not show in the show.
      How to Understand What You Read

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      05-28-2012 12:21 PM #161
      If you actually took the time to read
      Nah, insults are the way to my heart.

Vehicles
      Mk2 Sheepmobile w/ a 3.2 24V poser swap
      05-28-2012 02:46 PM #162
      The Worthersee treffen was originally a VW GTG. 30+ years ago.

Non-VW cars started turning up after the club that organized the first few events disbanded. Now it's pretty much spring break with cars in an Austrian summer resort / tourist trap.
      Last edited by vr6swap; 05-28-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      05-28-2012 03:27 PM #163
      Quote Originally Posted by vr6swap View Post
      Non-VW cars started turning up after the club that organized the first few events disbanded. Now it's pretty much spring break with cars in an Austrian summer resort / tourist trap.
      That's my point... now. Wouldn't it be the organizers doing that weeded out the non-VWs? At what point are the show folks policing this? What is it all worth? Somewhere someone said that some of the nicest cars were across the creek/river-thingy, so what's all this debating worth?

Who decides what goes and what stays if the real thing can't even police this?

Vehicles
      Mk2 Sheepmobile w/ a 3.2 24V poser swap
      05-28-2012 06:02 PM #164
      That's my point... now. Wouldn't it be the organizers doing that weeded out the non-VWs? At what point are the show folks policing this? What is it all worth? Somewhere someone said that some of the nicest cars were across the creek/river-thingy, so what's all this debating worth?

H2O Tuning is responsible for organizing SoWo, and they as a group have the final say as to what (and who) is welcome at their show.

Comparisons to the OG Worthersee treffen don't really fly. Matt has stated from the beginning SoWo is a TRIBUTE to the original show, not a replica or duplicate.

I'm not sold on the non-VAG / outkast crew whoring for attention at a VW show, but I can't really remember a time when that didn't happen, even in the early 90's when I still went to aircooled shows (NOPI was still a VW show then).

I'm clocking out now. You seem to be having one of your bi-polar episodes wanting to argue with errbody about errthang, so feel free to waste as much time as you want.

25. 05-28-2012 06:04 PM #165

Pretty simple actually. Vag cars only allowed on the show grounds. There were guys at the entrance all day. Not a vw or audi car, no entry.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      05-28-2012 06:29 PM #166
      Quote Originally Posted by vr6swap View Post

I'm clocking out now. You seem to be having one of your bi-polar episodes wanting to argue with errbody about errthang, so feel free to waste as much time as you want.
      Uh, no. I am not arguing FOR imports at the show. Typical Glen... Re-read what I typed and get back to me. I brought a KTM which is far more Austrian than anything you ****s brought. I also parked across the creek with the other lowly VWs/impoorts because showing off your medal gains you nothing if you aren't friends brrrrrah.

Again. I would still rather goto a VW show than any other show, but this bickering over a handful of other imports is lame and makes going to any show worthless, which is why I stopped going to these dick-measuring contests.

Moral of the story here kids:

Don't want other brands of cars in the show, then say something to the organizers. Support your organizers in their decisions, but don't bash the import because the organizers allowed it in "your" spot.

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      05-28-2012 06:32 PM #167
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenWagen View Post
      Not a vw or audi car, no entry.
      I thought that's how it was. Sorry for not knowing any different... ala maybe the cars entered from another entrance of snuck in somehow.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      05-28-2012 06:53 PM #168
      That's exactly what they did. There were people going around the block waiting for the staff to move away from the entrance. They arrempted to prevent it, but those drivers decised that the wishes of the show organizers did not trump their need to show off their rotiforms on the show field.

Vehicles
      S14 240SX, Mk1 Rabbit, Mk3 Supra, Mk1 Rabbit, F250 Diesel, Mk4 Golf TDI, 987 Boxster
      05-28-2012 09:58 PM #169
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenWagen View Post
      Vag cars only allowed on the show grounds.... Not a vw or audi car, no entry.
      So no Porsche, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti, etc?

As I pulled in to the show grounds Friday evening they turned away a 911 that came in right behind me.. That's just wrong lol.
      Quote Originally Posted by jaystone View Post
      Variety is the spice of life...marry one person and have lots of different cars is my motto.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      05-28-2012 10:08 PM #170
      Quote Originally Posted by s14_sr20_silvia View Post

As I pulled in to the show grounds Friday evening they turned away a 911 that came in right behind me.. That's just wrong lol.
      Porsche is a share holder and not an actual brand of Volkswagen AG. It owns 32% of the shares and holds around 51% of the voting rights. All of the other brands are owned by Volkswagen AG.

Based on that, I guess I am bringing my Suzuki Sidekick next year since VAG owns 19% of it.

31. 05-28-2012 10:57 PM #171
      That's exactly what they did. There were people going around the block waiting for the staff to move away from the entrance. They arrempted to prevent it, but those drivers decised that the wishes of the show organizers did not trump their need to show off their rotiforms on the show field.

Dude you literally sound so butthurt. No one is to blame except the staff. BUT like I said earlier i would have zero complaints for them because they did an excellent job organizing this event. And they have been doing a great job for the 4 years I've been going. The staff members let a ton of bmw's in the show field. It completely ruined my experience at the show.... Not. Grow up dude, no one is trying to steal your spot or your chance at a trophy. Jesus.

05-28-2012 11:59 PM #172
      Everyone chill.

33. 05-29-2012 12:11 AM #173
      Quote Originally Posted by s14_sr20_silvia View Post

I was generalizing, all Vag cars should be allowed in first, then other euros if room allows. Possibly that is what staff intended, but other makes found their way in regardless. Either way alot of vag cars were turned away and space was taken by non-vag cars at a VW show.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      05-29-2012 07:30 AM #174
      Quote Originally Posted by csmith0012 View Post
      Dude you literally sound so butthurt. No one is to blame except the staff. BUT like I said earlier i would have zero complaints for them because they did an excellent job organizing this event. And they have been doing a great job for the 4 years I've been going. The staff members let a ton of bmw's in the show field. It completely ruined my experience at the show.... Not. Grow up dude, no one is trying to steal your spot or your chance at a trophy. Jesus.
      If you drive to a show and turned away by the staff, you shouldn't circle around the block a few times in order to sneak in when they aren't looking. The rules were posted and the other euro cars were told where they were to park. Makes you look like an inconsiderate douche.
      Last edited by nemo1ner; 05-29-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Vehicles
      24v 6MT GTI
      05-29-2012 10:09 AM #175
      It's a euro show Go to your local 7-Eleven if you wanna hang out with hondas.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast