VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

North Carolina Golf R Thread

20K views 186 replies 38 participants last post by  ajcascio 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a thread that is mostly for Golf R owners in NC to keep up with local events, meets and exchange info, tips, issues and ideas about the cars, to discuss modifications, local service shops and dealers, tuners and so on.

We welcome all VW enthusiasts that want to come and post here, of course. :thumbup::thumbup: But over the past month we've noticed more and more MKVI Rs coming to North Carolina so I thought it would be great to have a centralized thread that we can use.

North Carolina R Info:

jsausley - Burlington, NC - 2D RB L
rjlangle - Burlington/Clinton, NC - 4D RB L
slidemx5 - Hillsborough, NC - 4D RB L
sfritz - Greensboro, NC - 4D CSG L
palerider - Greensboro, NC - 2D CW L
metzger385 - Goldsboro, NC - 2D TR B
AAC Welder - Cary, NC - 2D CSG B
Speedgtp - Raleigh, NC - 2D RB L
Lent53 - Raleigh, NC - 4D RB L
droopy1592 - Raleigh, NC - 4D RB L
keihin - Raleigh, NC - 2D TR L
billay - Chapel Hill, NC - 2D CSG L
davesco - Charlotte, NC - 4D CW B
BSuk - Charlotte, NC - 2D CSG L
CH11#24 - Charlotte, NC - 2D RB L
bRevard - Charlotte, NC - 4D CSG L
Dredre - Charlotte, NC - 4D CSG B
ninja agent - Charlotte, NC - 4D RB L
dodecahedron - Asheville, NC 4D RB ?
Sleeper_11 - Durham, NC - 2D RB L
ajy86 - Greenville, NC - 4D RB B
R4ever - New Bern, NC - 2D DBP L

North Carolina Golf R Facebook Group:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/325877767495270/

NC Events:

Annual Caravan to Wookies in the Woods

NC Wookies in the Woods (and Ewoks) Caravan Thread - This caravan takes place on the week of the Wookies in the Woods event every year in Fontana Dam, NC. It was started by slidemx5. In 2012, the caravan originated from Graham, NC and drove through to Fontana Village Resort with a lunch and fuel stop in Asheville, NC.

Cars & Coffee - Raleigh

This Saturday morning event is on the first weekend of every month from Spring to Fall. It takes place at Brier Creek shopping center in the parking lot near Barnes & Noble. There are about 200 cars here each month! Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/CarsAndCoffeeRaleigh

Cars & Coffee - Charlotte

One of the first C&C events in NC and also one of the biggest. C&C Charlotte is also on the first Saturday of the month but it usually draws a different crowd. Website: http://charlotte.carsandcoffee.info/

Cars & Coffee - Burlington

This event was started by myself and some friends. Our first meeting will be on Memorial Day weekend, May 26th, 2012. It's in a great location, centrally located between Greensboro and Raleigh-Durham and takes place on the fourth Saturday of each month between 8:00 and 11:00 AM. Located in the parking lot between Starbucks and Holly Hill Mall at 451 Huffman Mill Road. We hope to see a strong, consistent VW crowd here every month. More info: www.facebook.com/candcburlington

---

I will be updating this thread with more events and info as we go on. :)

See less See more
#44 ·
There was a ton of nice cars at C&C Raleigh today! Met droopy1952 as well, also known as "D." Great guy! :thumbup: Hope you can make it to our Burlington later this month.

Went over to the Cary Auto Mall afterward with a friend who is shopping for a Subaru WRX... found a 2-door RB Golf R in the back lot behind Leith VW. It's either owned by an employee or there for service. Is that someone we know? :p

(they also had a 4-door CW base for sale)

#56 ·
Anyone interested in a caravan to C&C Greensboro tomorrow morning? I'm meeting some friends at the clubhouse by Mackintosh on the Lake in Burlington. Not bringing my R for this trip but something louder and more radical. :p Regardless, would love to see some others come out. Let me know!

#59 ·
My first sighting today other then my car of course. RB two door on 51 a little passed Carolina place in front of the 485 exit. You were going the other way. Tried to honk but dont think you saw me. I was in the csg 4 door blacked out windows, prob couldn't see me staring u down.

#60 ·
Went to Cars & Coffee in Greensboro today... No R's showed up! Come on guys. :(

Actually, I can't really talk because I didn't bring mine either. Brought a 2011 Camaro SS project car that was finished recently.

Nice. Added you to the first post by the way. Let me know if you have anymore questions. :)

#72 ·
I'm in Charlotte, and the dealer is VW of South Charlotte. They've been great. I saw the car today, all wrapped up in its protective covering, like a present for me! And thankfully, it has Pirellis rather than Dunlops.

For those of you still looking for an R, if I'm not mistaken, they still have a 4-door loaded DBP R on the showroom floor (also with Pirellis). And I believe they have a CSG loaded 4-door coming in July/August that may still not be spoken for.

Now, the question I've been asking myself on my RB: Have them flash my new R to APR Stage 1 from the start, or have them give me a "We Owe" for the flash, drive it for a couple weeks, then have them flash it?

#79 ·
Took delivery of my R this afternoon. It is AWESOME! I took it for my pre-signing test drive stock, then came back and had it flashed, and drove it home. I really liked it before, but I LOVE it after. Was also happy to find out about the 0% financing that just started, which helped take some of the bite out of trading in my '12 GTI. Happy to be part of the NC R club, and definitely up for C&C in Charlotte if I'm in town then this summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.