Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: RNS-315 question (again)

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE C&S
      05-24-2012 02:14 PM #1
      Hey all,

I'm looking for some information on the latest version of the RNS-315. I need to know the part number and hardware version of the latest nav system installed in the 2012 cars, specifically, the ones that have the latest Bluetooth features, like the ability to control the track from the stereo (AVRCP) and the displaying of the metadata information on the screen (track/artist info). These units also have the BT settings to enable autoplay.

Please, and thanks! I really appreciate any help.

2. 05-24-2012 02:36 PM #2
      No need to create multiple threads on the same topic as the original.

Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      05-24-2012 02:42 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Beals View Post
      No need to create multiple threads on the same topic as the original.
      Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by titomb345 View Post
      Hey all,

I'm looking for some information on the latest version of the RNS-315. I need to know the part number and hardware version of the latest nav system installed in the 2012 cars, specifically, the ones that have the latest Bluetooth features, like the ability to control the track from the stereo (AVRCP) and the displaying of the metadata information on the screen (track/artist info). These units also have the BT settings to enable autoplay.

Please, and thanks! I really appreciate any help.
      As far as I can tell, the RNS-315 does not have the features you want (and as I previously stated, a firmware update isn't going to get them for you).

The most recent US spec version of the unit I can find is 1K0 035 274 B (there are some C units, but they appear to be Euro).

Simple solution: Sell your RNS 315 for $600-800. Buy RCD 510 with phone button for $400. You'll get the streaming features you can't live with out and a few hundred bucks for your troubles.
      Matt / 2012 Candy GLI / AWE / APR

official mk6 Jetta/GLI DIY guide

Hit me up if you need a VAGCOM in Phoenix.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE C&S
      05-24-2012 02:43 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by asusc View Post
      Seriously.

As far as I can tell, the RNS-315 does not have the features you want (and as I previously stated, a firmware update isn't going to get them for you).

The most recent US spec version of the unit I can find is 1K0 035 274 B (there are some C units, but they appear to be Euro).

Simple solution: Sell your RNS 315 for $600-800. Buy RCD 510 with phone button for $400. You'll get the streaming features you can't live with out and a few hundred bucks for your troubles.
      LOL! It DOES have the features I want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUquhm5fUrQ

Also, the RCD-510 is garbage. It's the whole reason I'm in this legal battle with VW. It has a massive massive massive massive MASSIVE defect in the Bluetooth functionality.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE C&S
      05-24-2012 02:44 PM #5
      Seriously.

But thanks. That's exactly what I needed. Now to call VW and tell them to send me one of those.

Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      05-24-2012 02:53 PM #6
      But thanks. That's exactly what I needed. Now to call VW and tell them to send me one of those.
      Slow down, champ. I don't know if that part number has the features you want. Some of the B units I saw had manufacturing dates of 2010, which means they probably don't. The video you posted is all well and good, but those are rolling changes for that unit (some cars get them, some cars don't). My 2012 GLI did not have those rolling changes in bluetooth features, even though I purchased it several months after he made a similar video. I had to upgrade to an RNS510 to get what I wanted.

I think you need to tell VW what you want since clearly you have very particular taste when it comes to bluetooth functionality and what is acceptable and what isn't.
      Matt / 2012 Candy GLI / AWE / APR

official mk6 Jetta/GLI DIY guide

Hit me up if you need a VAGCOM in Phoenix.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE C&S
      05-24-2012 02:55 PM #7
      Slow down, champ. I don't know if that part number has the features you want. Some of the B units I saw had manufacturing dates of 2010, which means they probably don't. The video you posted is all well and good, but those are rolling changes for that unit (some cars get them, some cars don't). My 2012 GLI did not have those rolling changes in bluetooth features, even though I purchased it several months after he made a similar video. I had to upgrade to an RNS510 to get what I wanted.

I think you need to tell VW what you want since clearly you have very particular taste when it comes to bluetooth functionality and what is acceptable and what isn't.
      They know exactly what they need to do to make me happy, but they aren't. They haven't even called me back in 2 days. Tomorrow is the deadline: if they don't send me a new one tomorrow, I file my court papers on Tuesday.

Vehicles
      2014 GLI E30
      05-24-2012 04:20 PM #8
      It has a massive massive massive massive MASSIVE defect in the Bluetooth functionality.
      You really know how to blow things out of proportion. Society don't consider a stereo channel issue a MASSIVE, "stop the world I wanna get off, fix this or I sue you to the stone age" concern......and i'm sure i'm not the only one tired of you complaining about this here, and stating all your "facts". Every day is a new topic from you about the same thing. It seems to me you are pissed now because your new radio, which has not been factory installed is not functioning the way you want it too. If this is something thats going to ruin every day of your motoring life, please, just sell your VW and buy something else.

/end rant

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SEL, 2012 4DR Golf TDi
      05-24-2012 05:13 PM #9
      the dealer installed for for him.

Please sue VW... Cause if you win, you finally stop ranting here about Bluetooth and every future customer gets better functioning stereo units. If VW wins, you still have to quit your Bluetooth lawsuit threats on here.

Either way we all win

Vehicles
      '12 F-150 FX4 Super Crew, '11 JSW TDI
      05-24-2012 06:55 PM #10
      Send a pm to JohnnyR32 and ask him the part number for the one he has for sale.