Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Karma - The Santorin Blue A4

Vehicles
      98 A4 2.8
      05-26-2012 02:25 AM #36
      i know i should have stopped reading when you called the belly pan a skid plate.....

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 1.8T
      05-26-2012 07:40 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Mihai_A4-B5_ View Post
      i know i should have stopped reading when you called the belly pan a skid plate.....
      God forbid I use a different word for the same thing lol. This is the first time I've seen people act immaturely on here. Smh. The idea is to help.... I posted this for feedback but you guys dont gotta nitpick everything I do wrong or differently... Just read another article if you think I'm an idiot.... It's that simple.

Vehicles
      98 A4 2.8
      05-26-2012 10:40 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by kArm4saBITCH View Post
      God forbid I use a different word for the same thing lol. This is the first time I've seen people act immaturely on here. Smh. The idea is to help.... I posted this for feedback but you guys dont gotta nitpick everything I do wrong or differently... Just read another article if you think I'm an idiot.... It's that simple.
      give it some time buddy....you should have realized that what you are doing to your car is going to draw negative comments...try looking around the forum first and then you will understand

Vehicles
      2000 Audi A4 2.8Q
      05-26-2012 11:25 AM #39
      I mean people can go about telling you their opinion in a better way i guess but you posted your pictures to see peoples feedback...they're just giving you a lot because they don't like what you did. You'll get it.

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 1.8T
      05-26-2012 11:37 AM #40
      I've looked through the forums and thats why I did all this stuff... I've never seen anyone do it so pardon me for trying new things. And yes I posted pictures for FEEDBACK... not a**hole comments from people who are looking to bring others down. This is supposed to be a friendly community so obviously you don't understand if you think going around and saying I "f***ed up my car" is appropriate. If you don't like it then stop reading/commenting on the thread... that's all I'm saying.

Vehicles
      1998 Audi A4 1.8tQ
      05-26-2012 12:07 PM #41
      Well my car is tiptronic/auto... so i need to figure out how to make it adhere to the plastic around that going from the ashtray to the e-brake.... 3m adhesive will probably work anyway though right?
      I used Loctite Heavy duty spray adhesive, Order it from JEGS.
      I got 99 problems, and my b5 be all of em.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      99.5 A4 1.8TQM 98 Passat Wagon
      05-26-2012 12:36 PM #42
      I've looked through the forums and thats why I did all this stuff... I've never seen anyone do it so pardon me for trying new things. And yes I posted pictures for FEEDBACK... not a**hole comments from people who are looking to bring others down. This is supposed to be a friendly community so obviously you don't understand if you think going around and saying I "f***ed up my car" is appropriate. If you don't like it then stop reading/commenting on the thread... that's all I'm saying.
      I know you think you are being original, and you probably are. There is a reason you couldn't find anyone else doing this stuff I try to be friendly, but I know that every guy on here with 2-piece headlights cringed when you nightshaded half of the headlight.
      Alex
      Strictly Pleasure

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 1.8T
      05-26-2012 01:18 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
      I know you think you are being original, and you probably are. There is a reason you couldn't find anyone else doing this stuff I try to be friendly, but I know that every guy on here with 2-piece headlights cringed when you nightshaded half of the headlight.
      Okay well personally I don't really care if they're one piece or two piece as long as they look good.... and like I said before it's completely different in person... you'd have to be brain dead to think they're two piece.... I just don't like the orange corners and I'm tight on money right now so I tried it out... It's not like it's gonna be hard to get it off... it's nightshade not paint

Vehicles
      98.5 A4 1.8TQM
      05-26-2012 03:24 PM #44
      You're not going to make any friends on here by calling people who ciriticize you names.

10. 05-26-2012 03:44 PM #45
      Do you have any pics of the lights on under the dash?

Personally I like it, I would have left the audi rings silver on the engine cover and not gone quite as dark tinting the turn signals but thats just my opinion.

Vehicles
      2001 a4 1.8t
      05-26-2012 04:08 PM #46
      tranny swap?
      instagram: alexandermjoyce

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 1.8T
      05-26-2012 04:42 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by jmullen324 View Post
      You're not going to make any friends on here by calling people who ciriticize you names.
      I never called anyone names... I said I don't need people to make a**hole comments... but not that it matters because it doesn't seem like too many people want to "make friends" either (and that's before I opened my mouth)

Quote Originally Posted by bav6shot View Post
      Do you have any pics of the lights on under the dash?

Personally I like it, I would have left the audi rings silver on the engine cover and not gone quite as dark tinting the turn signals but thats just my opinion.
      Well the engine cover only has 1 coat on it because I ran out of paint... I wanted to redo it (with the necessary painting of all the lettering) but I might be leaning towards red now even though everyone does that. And at the moment the lights under the dash aren't working because they just lost power or there's something messed up with the wiring... they are just the LED strips (blue) from Autozone and I disconnected all the original wiring and redid it to the switch.... pretty easy.... and the tint on the headlights isn't dark enough at all.... you can see right through it... but I think I'm gonna take it off and repaint just the orange corner pieces (rounded so It looks like the actual piece is black)... that was my original goal but again... ran out of paint And as soon as i get the LED's working again I'll deff post a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by alexandermjoyce View Post
      tranny swap?
      Ohhh yeahhhh.... that would be the cheapest decision ever lol nah man... sorry I'm not into cars that much to the point where it has to be manual... though I wish it were so

13. Member
      Vehicles
      '98 A4. PSS9 and more to come
      05-27-2012 02:08 PM #48
      If your not even into cars that much then why care if people think you made your car look like ass?

Why even bother spray painting plastic bits to be "original"? You can't be mad about people expressing opinions towards your car or nitpicking your terminology.... That is what forums are all about!

Now, take off the night shade and clear corner those lights if you don't like the amber reflectors.... Its easy and looks bueno.

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t 5spd Quattro
      05-28-2012 12:29 AM #49
      its the interweb, everyone can be a dick and not care, to where in real life most people are to scarred to be as straight forward as they are on forums, as for your car i must agree with them, being original doesn't mean it looks good If you dont like the amber corner, look up the clear corner mod, as as said before hit them w/ a nice sand n buff, they will look great! I think the plaid is the most unoriginal thing you can do, especially on a b5. All things set aside, its YOUR car, so do what YOU want. i typically dont like blue fogs but i think it looks really clean with your blue paint, also the price of painting a car almost DOUBLES when you change the OG color, just a thing to consider.

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 1.8T
      05-28-2012 03:11 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by Audiquattro337 View Post
      its the interweb, everyone can be a dick and not care, to where in real life most people are to scarred to be as straight forward as they are on forums, as for your car i must agree with them, being original doesn't mean it looks good If you dont like the amber corner, look up the clear corner mod, as as said before hit them w/ a nice sand n buff, they will look great! I think the plaid is the most unoriginal thing you can do, especially on a b5. All things set aside, its YOUR car, so do what YOU want. i typically dont like blue fogs but i think it looks really clean with your blue paint, also the price of painting a car almost DOUBLES when you change the OG color, just a thing to consider.
      Yeah exactly, but there are better ways of doing it rather than being mean about it. And only some of the stuff is original and I wanna do the headliner because I see a lot of people with it and I like it. And I don't wanna clear corner it because you can see the holes in the headlight. That's why I wanna get depo Ecodes. And again... my uncle is painting it... so its cheap.

Vehicles
      Unhealthy
      05-28-2012 06:12 PM #51
      haters 'gon hate...

But dude the stuff does not blend well.

You got neon engine covers, plaid headliner, suede pillars, semi-tinted markers.

The trick to changing a cars look and having it look nice is to tie everything together, in my opinion.

Also those projectors/angel eyes WILL look terrible and make the whole car look cheap.

Maybe try and source a set OEM e-codes?

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 1.8T
      07-08-2012 09:31 PM #52
      I finally had the time to get some gas out and clear the Nightshade off the headlights! Im sure many will be pleased lol.

I restored the headlights, well at least tried to with some turtle wax kit but unfortunately theres still a bunch of black and white marks all over my headlights... and not only under the nightshade.

Finished product:

Now I gotta save up money for this piece of ****... hopefully sending it out to Cali to some company (I forget at the moment)... but their site says they do a full LCD swap for $150... thats a huge save in money as opposed to the $700 the stealership would do it for.

anddddd I found my next project!

I plan on either repainting it just black or wrapping it in that plaid fabric I picked out... and re-polishing the metal to get all the scratches out. I think it'll turn out well.

18. 07-09-2012 02:02 AM #53
      did someone key you're hood? btw its james you texted me i live over in monroe we gotta get together

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 1.8T
      07-09-2012 10:00 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by JAM3S121 View Post
      did someone key you're hood? btw its james you texted me i live over in monroe we gotta get together
      Yeah.... **sigh** unfortunately the two local previous owners must have had a few problems with people because the entire car is scratched to ****. hood, fenders, roof, trunk....everywhere. And most of them are DEEP and most likely won't be removed by buffing so I'm getting a respray hopefully within the next couple months. And hell yeah man just text me when you got some free time and well meet up.... were legit so close to each other lol.

20. 07-09-2012 04:45 PM #55
      respraying the car would cost a lot man i mean unless you can do it yourself

I'm looking at buying a new fender soon on my car though, was dented from a grocery cart with the previous owner, paint+fender gonna cost me about $225 and my friend said he can paint it for $50 at his powder coat shop.

i think that guy that lives in brookfield told me he can repair those lcd screens i would ask him.

I'm hopefully getting my rear bearings fixed this week, buying a new exhaust and then saving for a fender.. after that time for st's
      Last edited by JAM3S121; 07-09-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 1.8T
      07-09-2012 05:35 PM #56
      respraying the car would cost a lot man i mean unless you can do it yourself

I'm looking at buying a new fender soon on my car though, was dented from a grocery cart with the previous owner, paint+fender gonna cost me about $225 and my friend said he can paint it for $50 at his powder coat shop.

i think that guy that lives in brookfield told me he can repair those lcd screens i would ask him.

I'm hopefully getting my rear bearings fixed this week, buying a new exhaust and then saving for a fender.. after that time for st's
      My step-uncle is going to respray it but will probably try his best to buff it out first but like i said... half of them look way too deep.
      And who's the guy that lives in brookfield? that would be wayyyyy better than sending it out to cali... thanks for the info and please send me the screen name of that brookfield guy if you can find it.

and ST's I'm saving for the same...cant wait. I also looked into Gtechniq C4 trim restore last night so hopefully when i have $60 i'll get it... too bad its that much for only .85 oz hahaha! ****'s rediculous.

22. 07-09-2012 06:47 PM #57
      his name is tom, he was in the b5 group on facebook, i would talk to him you could probably give him $50 bucks and get it fixed cause I'm almost sure he told me he repaired all his lcd screens.

I might just get racelands, i just wanna lower it and don't really care about performance.. I drive really slow more than I drive fast lol

ive used back to black on my trim it worked pretty well but doesn't last very long I reapply it every few months to all the rain/water guards and the rear and front valence
      Last edited by JAM3S121; 07-09-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Vehicles
      1998 Audi A4 2.8Q, 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7
      07-09-2012 07:06 PM #58

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 1.8T
      07-09-2012 09:49 PM #59
      his name is tom, he was in the b5 group on facebook, i would talk to him you could probably give him $50 bucks and get it fixed cause I'm almost sure he told me he repaired all his lcd screens.

I might just get racelands, i just wanna lower it and don't really care about performance.. I drive really slow more than I drive fast lol

ive used back to black on my trim it worked pretty well but doesn't last very long I reapply it every few months to all the rain/water guards and the rear and front valence
      Thanks so much I'm guessing it's the one with the last name birmingham or something... i will definitely inquire about that, thanks again man... and yeah thats why i'm saving for the Gtechniq C4 because it's a fully permanent solution... it's not a layer or paint or anything... the compound actually bonds within the molecules of the plastic which also protects it.

Thanks Josh! I just hope that's not a scam

Vehicles
      1998 Audi A4 2.8Q, 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7
      07-10-2012 11:25 AM #60
      Thanks Josh! I just hope that's not a scam
      Not a scam that guy is really well known here and on audizine for selling those screens. If you know how to solder you're golden.

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 1.8T
      07-10-2012 11:32 AM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by crazexr7 View Post
      Not a scam that guy is really well known here and on audizine for selling those screens. If you know how to solder you're golden.
      I know I PM'ed him. thanks to everyone for all the info... this helps me out so much.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      1999 A4 Avant
      07-11-2012 03:20 PM #62
      As far as headlights go, you could just do the clear corner mod. Its not too hard, plus its free. You just gotta be carefull

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 1.8T
      07-11-2012 05:29 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by CactusAvant View Post
      As far as headlights go, you could just do the clear corner mod. Its not too hard, plus its free. You just gotta be carefull
      yeah but you can see the holes in the headlights... i'm gonna save up for ecodes but thats not really a priority right now.

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 1.8T
      07-14-2012 01:52 PM #64
      Met up with two other locals this past week. One was a 2001 Black, and the other a 99 Volcano Black and man do I LOVE that color! Anyway here's a couple shots:

It's nice to have some fellow B5ers around. And here's some shots I took after they left.

DAT A$$

This is probably my favorite shot of my car so far. I love being a photographer

30. 07-14-2012 06:06 PM #65
      my car actually looks good.. i can't take good pictures with my point and shoot lol.

hopefully next time we meet up i got the exhaust on

31. Member
      Vehicles
      99.5 A4 1.8TQM 98 Passat Wagon
      07-14-2012 06:19 PM #66
      Now you must know that that looks waaay better than the nightshade. Car looks superb I even dig the blue fogs
      Alex
      Strictly Pleasure

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 1.8T
      07-14-2012 06:50 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
      Now you must know that that looks waaay better than the nightshade. Car looks superb I even dig the blue fogs
      Thank you man... and yes i've been on vortex 24/7 and now I'm getting the hang of it. and stay tuned I should be posting a pic of the fogs tonight. Now I just need a good wax and polish and to get rid of those damn bumper holes!

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 1.8T
      07-14-2012 11:09 PM #68
      Light out ORDERING HID'S WITHIN THE NEXT FEW HOURS!

But here's the fogs... I might redo them in time but they're fine for now.

34. Member
      Vehicles
      99.5 1.8TQSM
      07-15-2012 01:19 AM #69
      Volcano Black FTW.

Blue fogs? ehh.
      B5 1.8TQM
      RS2'd urS4

35. 07-16-2012 12:41 AM #70
      the volcano black is mine one day ill make a thread when i do some worthwhile stuff to my car

currently i have a bunch of stuff just sitting waiting to get done.

The film looks cool in person when the lights are off i gotta say that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast