Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Transforming the 81 Scirocco

Threaded View

Vehicles
      1981 Scirocco, 2012 Kia Forte5
      05-24-2012 06:08 PM #1
      Hey all,

I've been playing around with these V-Dubs for quite a few years now and have never made a build thread, think the time is right.
      I have had a solid but rather unattractive '81 as my summer ride for a few years now, unfortunately due to electrical issues I was not able to enjoy it much last summer.

The time has come for a restore and I have been collecting parts for a few years now, the interior in the '81 was on the losing end of a fight with a battery and the rear seat and carpet had acid burns in it. Finding a complete interior for a S1 is impossible in my part of the world so I ended up buying a 1975 barn find parts car.
      Unfortunately it spent too many years in the barn and the bottom of the car is missing lol. It did have a lot of tasty extras on it not to mention the unique old skool parts.

So my plan is to salvage what is left from the '75 and use the '81 as a base.

I hope I am not offending the Scirocco purists

A few pics to get the build rolling

Here is my '81

And here is the '75

The previous owner took out the drivers seat in the '80s and put in the this prinz race seat, so the original seat is in pristine condition

Apparently the orinal 1.5 has had a lot of work done to it, I wonder if it will run after sitting for 15 years??

I will try to get some pics this weekend.

It's going in for paint is a couple weeks so!!
      Last edited by boomenstein; 05-27-2012 at 10:18 PM.