Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Swap in Power Seat on Golf TDI

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf TDI, DSG, 4Door
      05-24-2012 11:42 PM #1
      I have a 2012 Golf TDI, 4Dr DSG. Does anyone know if there are compatible full power adjustable seats from any other VW or Audi perhaps that could be swapped in. Thanks.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 GTI 1.8T
      05-25-2012 01:49 AM #2
      I'm not sure, but you'd have to make sure there is a wiring plug/harness under the seat to connect to the power seats. You could probably swap in Audi A3 seats since it's the same chassis as the Golf.

But why do you want power seats? The manually adjustable ones are much better. You'd be better off swapping in some nice GTI seats...

just a thought.
      Stay hungry. Stay foolish.

3. n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf TDI, DSG, 4Door
      05-26-2012 12:14 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by oldschool86045 View Post
      I'm not sure, but you'd have to make sure there is a wiring plug/harness under the seat to connect to the power seats. You could probably swap in Audi A3 seats since it's the same chassis as the Golf.

But why do you want power seats? The manually adjustable ones are much better. You'd be better off swapping in some nice GTI seats...

just a thought.
      Yes, when I read about others doing swaps some had airbag lights stuck on. So I would definitely be cautious if I try this. I said power seats because I have a bad knee and I just can't seem to get my current seat to get in the right spot to not hurt my knee. Just me, I know. I do alot of moving the seat around while I'm driving, as a result. My other car has power. I have not looked at the GTI seats. How are they different? I'll go have a look this weekend. The power usually has the bottom cushion tilt, which I think will help me. This is my first VW and I do love it.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI 6MT DBM
      05-26-2012 12:21 AM #4
      You can use VCDS to turn off the airbag light if that's the biggest obstacle.

Hey Jmojo, your knee hurting is a very common issue, we actually have an entire thread on it from back in 2010.

5. 05-26-2012 12:57 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by jmojo View Post
      Yes, when I read about others doing swaps some had airbag lights stuck on. So I would definitely be cautious if I try this. I said power seats because I have a bad knee and I just can't seem to get my current seat to get in the right spot to not hurt my knee. Just me, I know. I do alot of moving the seat around while I'm driving, as a result. My other car has power. I have not looked at the GTI seats. How are they different? I'll go have a look this weekend. The power usually has the bottom cushion tilt, which I think will help me. This is my first VW and I do love it.
      The tilt is effectively set with the up and down lever on the manual seats. The higher the seat is the more forward tilt there is.

If you're having knee problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a knee aint one.. hit me
      Quote Originally Posted by TechEd View Post
      Long-story-short: Outie5000 is right on all accounts.

Vehicles
      2012 MK6 Golf 2.5L
      05-26-2012 12:01 PM #6
      If you're having knee problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a knee aint one.. hit me

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 GTI 1.8T
      05-29-2012 01:06 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by jerms View Post
      lol
      Stay hungry. Stay foolish.