Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Seriously... Are all dealership mechanics/collision repair shops a bunch of drunk retard monkeys?

Vehicles
      98' Ginster GTI VR6, 04' BMP murdered out SC stg 4 R32, 08' GSXR 1k, 2014 Ducati Panigali 1199 R
      05-25-2012 12:58 AM #1
      Honestly, you would think someone that works on volkswagens every day for their job would a) know what needs to be done and b) would care to represent their work as a level of quality that they would like done on their own vehicle. 2 different incidents "repaired" ( i say that word loosely ) at the same dealership, both at a C level if lucky repair job.

Vehicles
      16v mk1, a mk3 and a mk4
      05-25-2012 01:16 AM #2
      Which dealer? I'm guessing Carter for some reason... They recently rehired a notoriously lousy, lazy tech...

Vehicles
      98' Ginster GTI VR6, 04' BMP murdered out SC stg 4 R32, 08' GSXR 1k, 2014 Ducati Panigali 1199 R
      05-25-2012 10:31 AM #3
      unfortunately it was University Volkswagen over in the U dist. Didn't Freak have the same problems or was that with Carter?

Vehicles
      1980 Mk1 Scirocco, 2003 Passat & a 2000 Eurovan MV
      05-25-2012 01:00 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by GinsterDub View Post
      unfortunately it was University Volkswagen over in the U dist. Didn't Freak have the same problems or was that with Carter?
      Auburn VW.

Like someone else said, no dealership is perfect. They all have faults. I just know that Auburn VW will bend over backwards to make it right is something does happen.

Good luck Jason.
      Haters will broadcast your failure but whisper your success.
      --------1980 Mk1 Scirocco--------
      -2000 T4 R32 Powered Eurovan-
      2013 B7 Passat Wolfsburg Edition

Vehicles
      08 Tapass, 09 Jetta, 79 Rock, 82 jetta coupe, and a Chevy truck cuz I can't get an Amarok
      05-30-2012 11:03 PM #5
      Just speaking as an employee of a dealership/collision center it's not the tech (usually) but the management that make the decision to half ass or cut corners. So sorry you had a bad experience but it's but ignorant of you to call us all "a bunch of drunk retarded monkeys". Not like we call the people of what ever it is you do " A bunch of nuckle draggin douchbags". Just thought I would let you know cause you might piss off the guy that works on your car next and people dont forget.
      I just want to be bittin by a radioactive spider and get super powers

Vehicles
      Audi A3 3.2 quattro sLine 2008, Lava Gray
      06-06-2012 03:12 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by GinsterDub View Post
      That's a shame to hear. My car has been in the University Audi body shop twice and both times the work was outstanding - hands down, I think they do great work.
      Last edited by ceese; 06-06-2012 at 03:15 AM.
      __________________________________________________ _______________
      Anyone who looks at the Audi A3 3.2 DSG and sees an overpriced economy car should not be allowed to play with Rottweiler puppies.
      Robert Farago, The Truth About Cars