VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Gwinnett County Beat the Heat Car and Bike Show

1K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  hrama803 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I am trying to get some VAG interest in coming to this show. See the details below. I am trying to get some local people to come out and support our team, since I will be probably the only European Car in the series when my build is complete.

Durty Dubs if you guys can come out in force PM me on here so I can let my Captain know and how many people you may have along with contact information.

Beat the HEAT, Inc. is a national non-profit organization comprised of Police Officers and Firefighters who conduct educational programs using marked emergency vehicle drag cars to gain the interest of the public. Heat Members develop programs and activities to serve their individual communities using the Goals of Beat the Heat, Inc. as a guide.
GOALS of BEAT THE HEAT, INC.
1. To EDUCATE the young people of our communities about the problems of illegal drug and alcohol use and the horrors of impaired and distracted driving,
2. To ENCOURAGE young people to stay in school and be an achiever in life,
3. To PROMOTE a better UNDERSTANDING between the Police and the communities they serve and,
4. To EDUCATE the general public about the sport of drag racing, and encourage everyone to race on the drag strip NOT IN THE STREET.

The Gwinnett Sheriff Office will Hold a Car & Bike Show at the GWINNETT ARENA on July 15th 2012, From 11am to 4pm. Lots of things going on including a cone course, SWAT, K9 Demo's Dunk a COP and much more.

Find us on face book and also check out our friends at
www.mvperformance.com
www.gwinnettcenter.com

Please contact Cpl Ozaluk @ Theozman670@gmail.com for more info.

Thanks,

Deputy Sheriff R. Younker Gwinnett County Sheriff's Department

See less See more
#8 ·
A little more than a month until the show. This will be a family oriented event, so if you have kids bring them along. After all, this program is all about educating kids about the dangers of street racing. There will be a silent auction with some pretty awesome stuff being auctioned off. The dunk a cop is always a good time as well along with the K9 Demo and Bike Demo. If no one knows where the gwinnett arena is, I will post up directions from I-85 and US 78 closer to the date of the show.

#9 ·
Less than a month until the show. I hope to see alot of you guys there. I have heard there is some nice stuff for the silent auction. Something about autographed UFC stuff........

My Frankenturbo is installed and I will be showing off my engine bay a little bit. Getting paint in a week or two. John Deet blitz black for a nice satin look. I hate to get rid of the blue lagoon, but its got to gooooo!!!!

#18 ·
One week until the show!!! I cannot wait to see how good of a turnout we have. Hopefully I will get to meet alot of you that live in the area. Come out and support your local sheriff's department!!!! Don't forget there will be alot of awesome stuff in the silent auction!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.