stay a week and not three days
make the drive a 2 day event. 18hrs straight up sucked the big one
staying at the dorf
maybe actually have a vw for the event so people like righteous bucks dont get all butthurt
Tell my boss to go F himself and go instead of having to cancel and almost pay for a room I didn't use. Does that count?
I *NEEDED* to go this year because of the Mk2 I bought and wanted to get ideas, talk with the owners....to learn.
Yeah, it's an 8v. If I wanted a sporty car, I'd buy an R.
1. Get there earlier. Got to Helen Thursday afternoon and left Monday morning and still wished I had more time up there.
2. Drive the mountain roads more up there, as well as cruise the city more.
3. Visit the goddamn black bears!
4. Take more photos of the town.
5. Meet more peeps to associate faces with names.
All in all, a pretty successful SOWO. Stayed in a cabin which was 2 minutes outside of town (in the Gated Golf Course community right next to the field entrance), went tubing on Saturday and got some free beers , hung out with new and old friends, and all in all had a pretty chill weekend.
If i go next year..
1) stay at the helendorf
2) wake up early and go to the shows....i missed every one
3) not drive down 13.5 hours on 17x10 wheels all around on a 205/45 nankang.
4) not have a blowout going 80mph 40miles away from helen.
Last edited by MarcMiller; 05-30-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Cort: do Heroin on Wed, recover Thursday.
Droptop: don't worry it was many of our first year to this show, but i've had plenty of show experience and there are many similarities. you'll get it down
Butler Tires & Wheels
HRE | Savini | Lexani | Forgiato | BBS | Rotiform | RBP | Niche | TSW | Lorinser | Fuel | Black Rhino | Dub| Foose | US Mags | American Force | Vossen | Rennen | Beyern | Brambus | OZ | Enkei | Cray | Conventry | Michelin | Pirelli | Toyo | Procomp | H&R | Corsa | Borla | Eibach | Hotchkis | Remus | Akrapovič