Thread: HELP CORRADO G60 Turbo RUNNING LEAN

Vehicles
      2001 RST, 1990 G60 turbo
      05-25-2012 09:25 PM #1
      so heres the car
      g60 42lb injectors.
      stock FPR SNS Stage 5 tuning for 20psi,
      garret turbo .48ar .50comp.

cars been running really lean lately i feel a lose of power and resistance in the gas pedal.

pulled my fuel pump saw the screen on the bottom was completly covered so i got a new fuel pump from TRE. changed the fuel filter. and got a new stock fuel pressure regulator.

after all of this its still running lean, to the point where im about to get new injectors. any help?

Vehicles
      93' SLC 92' SLC 02' JETTA
      05-25-2012 10:30 PM #2
      There could be a number of issues.

Bad Digi
      Bad injectors
      Bad fuel pressure regulator
      Insufficient fuel flow
      Too small of an injector
      Vacuum leak
      Intake leak
      Bad o2 sensors

Best thing to do is break out the Bentley and go to town.

Sent while sitting on my ass VIA my iPad
      [B] INSTAGRAM: europeein
      Facebook: facebook.com/addmichael

Vehicles
      91 Corrado 2.0l 16v on MS3X, Parked like Jurassic... 83 Cabby 1.8l 16v... 88 Powerplay XLT-185
      05-25-2012 10:45 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by ShooterMcGavin View Post
      so heres the car
      g60 42lb injectors.
      stock FPR SNS Stage 5 tuning for 20psi,
      garret turbo .48ar .50comp.

cars been running really lean lately i feel a lose of power and resistance in the gas pedal.

pulled my fuel pump saw the screen on the bottom was completly covered so i got a new fuel pump from TRE. changed the fuel filter. and got a new stock fuel pressure regulator.

after all of this its still running lean, to the point where im about to get new injectors. any help?
      3.5 bar FPR
      Quote Originally Posted by crazynorweegian View Post
      Good luck, might want to get vaccinated for "while-I-am-in-there" syndrome.
      tek-euro.com SpoonFedTuning

my Corrado's specs on corrado-database / My Corrado Build Thread / My Cabby Build Thread / My Boat Build: 18' Powerplay w/5.7l V8

4. 05-25-2012 10:57 PM #4
      one thing that sucks with chips is that you can't easily alter fuel injector pulse width. this is why standalone is so nice. id max those babies out

Vehicles
      2001 RST, 1990 G60 turbo
      05-26-2012 03:07 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by HavokRuels View Post
      There could be a number of issues.

Bad Digi
      Bad injectors
      Bad fuel pressure regulator
      Insufficient fuel flow
      Too small of an injector
      Vacuum leak
      Intake leak
      Bad o2 sensors

Best thing to do is break out the Bentley and go to town.

Sent while sitting on my ass VIA my iPad
      replaced with o2 sensor a month ago bosch one.
      had a cheap one fail on me after 2 years started to lean out this was a month ago got the new sensor and all was good.
      Fuel pressure reg is brand new as of two days ago
      Fuel pump New 2 days ago also
      injectors are 42lbs 440cc been daily driving this set up for 2 years no issues.
      vacuum is around -18 to 20 ish while idling
      intake leak?? possible but i just changed the throttle body gasket over the winter when i had it all apart.

Vehicles
      2001 RST, 1990 G60 turbo
      05-26-2012 03:08 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Karmann View Post
      3.5 bar FPR
      you think i should upgrade to the porsche 3.5 for some extra fueling
      ?? i been running the stock FPR for like two years now an its been doing good while i was running 14psi... i have kicked it up to 20 in the last month.... all was well till i clogged my fuel pump and now i cant seem to get the appropriate amount of fuel now.
      Last edited by ShooterMcGavin; 05-26-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Vehicles
      2001 RST, 1990 G60 turbo
      05-26-2012 03:09 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by wed3k View Post
      one thing that sucks with chips is that you can't easily alter fuel injector pulse width. this is why standalone is so nice. id max those babies out
      yea thats what i heard, basically reads it to 15psi then goes static and dumps fuel..so what you think mega squirt? for some better tuning

Vehicles
      91 Corrado 2.0l 16v on MS3X, Parked like Jurassic... 83 Cabby 1.8l 16v... 88 Powerplay XLT-185
      05-26-2012 08:43 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by ShooterMcGavin View Post
      you think i should upgrade to the porsche 3.5 for some extra fueling
      ?? i been running the stock FPR for like two years now an its been doing good while i was running 14psi... i have kicked it up to 20 in the last month.... all was well till i clogged my fuel pump and now i cant seem to get the appropriate amount of fuel now.
      Definitely cause you are taxing your inj's, they must have been on the high end at 14

Contact USRT, they are VERY knowledgeable and willing to help
      Quote Originally Posted by crazynorweegian View Post
      Good luck, might want to get vaccinated for "while-I-am-in-there" syndrome.
      tek-euro.com SpoonFedTuning

my Corrado's specs on corrado-database / My Corrado Build Thread / My Cabby Build Thread / My Boat Build: 18' Powerplay w/5.7l V8

Vehicles
      69 Baja, 73 Turbo Super Bettle, 90 Turbo Corrado, 01 Jetta GLX, 04 Touareg V8
      05-21-2013 07:54 PM #9
      I know its been almost a year since you posted about your turbo corrado for sale.

What did you do with the air from the intake manifold throttle body bypass? (routes back to the factory Supercharger). At idle the air is pushed from the supercharger or turbo pressure through the intake and with bypass valve open to the air, is also pushed to the big hose that is attached to the right side of the engine compartment that feeds the carbon canister for emissions, I don't know what all those hoses do.

I am going to attempt to run my car with the bypass welded closed. At idle and partial boost, air escapes to the atmosphere in the oem setup. (back to the re-route tube to the supercharger)

When I ran my heavily modified supercharger, I had the end of the bypass hose plugged and sealed and my corrado boosted quickly and it was very linear until the engine hit about 6700, then it felt like V-tec and the boost spiked from around 15 pounds to 19.14 (1.32 bar)

What did you do with the bypass hole, as well as the hose in the from the bypass?

Do you know what all the stuff is on the drive side of the engine compartment? any ideal where to get hose layout and where they are suppose to go and from where?

Any help would be appreciated. I am replacing my t-3 with another one since it is the second turbo that I have beat up. I have also started to fabricate pipes for my front mount inter-cooler, run batter cable for trunk mount battery, as well as fab intake pipe that feeds pressure to idle stabilizer, which I am looking for a bypass device that prevents boost above 14.7 lbs from circulating pressure back and fourth from the intake manifold and boost from turbo.

Thank you for your time

Jerry