Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 13 of 13

    Thread: what do u guys think?

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2012
      Location
      Maine
      Posts
      191
      Vehicles
      VW Corrado mk2 gti vr6
      05-26-2012 01:09 PM #1
      since i cant put the corvette rims on my rado im gonna try to get either porsche rims 17x7 and 17x9 or bentley arnage rims 17x8.5 what do u guys think of these rims wraped in 205 40s

      http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/...0777170507.jpg

    2. Member 20thAE JTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 21st, 2008
      Location
      Ft.Campbell KY
      Posts
      422
      Vehicles
      20thAE BT JTI 90 Corrado G60 OBD2 VRT Swap
      05-26-2012 01:23 PM #2
      I think they would look pretty good. However, it's your car and you should style it the way that you like. Don't listen to anyone on what you "need to do" to your car. It's yours and that's all that matters and the end of the day. If you like those wheels, than rock em.

    3. 05-26-2012 01:44 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by 20thAE JTI View Post
      Don't listen to anyone on what you "need to do" to your car. It's yours and that's all that matters and the end of the day. If you like those wheels, than rock em.
      "You can take my Corrado when you pry it from my Cold Dead Hands".
      http://corradodatabase.com/index.php...orrado&id=4617

    4. Member Tk2g60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 26th, 2010
      Location
      Eastern PA
      Posts
      3,209
      Vehicles
      1993 vr6 Corrado, 2000 vr6 Jetta(sold) 1991 g60(sold) 93 BMW 318ti(sold)
      05-26-2012 02:44 PM #4
      I tell you what I think I think you shouldn't start a new thread everyday that you find a new rim that you might like if we tell you we think we like it you need just 1 thread and then you can just ad to it everyday when you find a new rim you wanna share with us..... This will help prevent unnecessary threads that will just clog and waste space ......kthxbye

      todays thread ^^

      Two days ago thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...for-my-corrado

      Yesterdays thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...hought-on-rims
      Wtb: fmic and piping vr6 Corrado specific please PM me
      WTB: Estyles Headers
      My build thread-->The Gift and The Curse
      If you live in PA and own a Corrado click here-> Pennsylvania's Corrado's
      Shop Spoonfed Tuning for your Corrado essentials

    5. Member RedYellowWhite's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2008
      Location
      Limassol, CYPRUS (That's in Europe,lol)
      Posts
      8,639
      Vehicles
      '90 Corrado 1.8 8V G60 (previously was 1.8 16V KR), '80 MK1 Golf GTI 1.6 8V EG aka "Heron"
      05-26-2012 03:47 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Tk2g60 View Post
      I tell you what I think I think you shouldn't start a new thread everyday that you find a new rim that you might like if we tell you we think we like it you need just 1 thread and then you can just ad to it everyday when you find a new rim you wanna share with us..... This will help prevent unnecessary threads that will just clog and waste space ......kthxbye

      todays thread ^^

      Two days ago thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...for-my-corrado

      Yesterdays thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...hought-on-rims
      I'm with this ^^ guy


      ...and btw those wheels look like sh!t IMHO
      Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
      ... (Corrado) might be the greatest collection of bad VW ideas ever put into one car.
      My Corrado (sort of) build thread / On Database
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

    6. Member smawgunner45's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2005
      Location
      Columbus, Ohio
      Posts
      719
      Vehicles
      93 Corrado VR6
      05-26-2012 03:52 PM #6
      Nah...looks like minivan wheels It kills me...it takes more time/energy to read then comment on a post you don't like than it does to ignore it. This forum doesn't have THAT much traffic to wade through...what 30 a day? Christ and baby Jesus
      Last edited by smawgunner45; 05-26-2012 at 03:54 PM.
      "I don't want to die at 90...I want to die DOING 90"!

    7. Member HavokRuels's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2011
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      4,619
      Vehicles
      93' SLC 92' SLC 02' JETTA
      05-26-2012 04:29 PM #7
      If you can't find a style that suits you in this thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...wheels+corrado then slap steelies on and call it a day.

      Corrado is a tough sell on most wheels so read through that link and get some ideas
      Guru Motorsports / europeein

    8. Member Tk2g60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 26th, 2010
      Location
      Eastern PA
      Posts
      3,209
      Vehicles
      1993 vr6 Corrado, 2000 vr6 Jetta(sold) 1991 g60(sold) 93 BMW 318ti(sold)
      05-26-2012 04:48 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by smawgunner45 View Post
      Nah...looks like minivan wheels It kills me...it takes more time/energy to read then comment on a post you don't like than it does to ignore it. This forum doesn't have THAT much traffic to wade through...what 30 a day? Christ and baby Jesus
      Yes it does take more time to comment but with my OCD I can't handle seeing people start a thread a day with every tiny question they have. There are certain threads already made for that purpose so you don't need to create one all the time for everything. Especially when it's the same topic as the last one
      Wtb: fmic and piping vr6 Corrado specific please PM me
      WTB: Estyles Headers
      My build thread-->The Gift and The Curse
      If you live in PA and own a Corrado click here-> Pennsylvania's Corrado's
      Shop Spoonfed Tuning for your Corrado essentials

    9. Member smawgunner45's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2005
      Location
      Columbus, Ohio
      Posts
      719
      Vehicles
      93 Corrado VR6
      05-26-2012 05:24 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Tk2g60 View Post
      Yes it does take more time to comment but with my OCD I can't handle seeing people start a thread a day with every tiny question they have. There are certain threads already made for that purpose so you don't need to create one all the time for everything. Especially when it's the same topic as the last one
      There are good meds for that you know
      "I don't want to die at 90...I want to die DOING 90"!

    10. Member RedYellowWhite's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2008
      Location
      Limassol, CYPRUS (That's in Europe,lol)
      Posts
      8,639
      Vehicles
      '90 Corrado 1.8 8V G60 (previously was 1.8 16V KR), '80 MK1 Golf GTI 1.6 8V EG aka "Heron"
      05-26-2012 05:27 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by smawgunner45 View Post
      Nah...looks like minivan wheels It kills me...it takes more time/energy to read then comment on a post you don't like than it does to ignore it. This forum doesn't have THAT much traffic to wade through...what 30 a day? Christ and baby Jesus
      They should make you a moderator
      Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
      ... (Corrado) might be the greatest collection of bad VW ideas ever put into one car.
      My Corrado (sort of) build thread / On Database
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

    11. Member HavokRuels's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2011
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      4,619
      Vehicles
      93' SLC 92' SLC 02' JETTA
      05-26-2012 06:10 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by RedYellowWhite View Post
      They should make you a moderator
      Oh man make me a moderator and havok will rule!


      Sent while sitting on my ass VIA my iPad
      Guru Motorsports / europeein

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2012
      Location
      Maine
      Posts
      191
      Vehicles
      VW Corrado mk2 gti vr6
      05-26-2012 09:49 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Tk2g60 View Post
      I tell you what I think I think you shouldn't start a new thread everyday that you find a new rim that you might like if we tell you we think we like it you need just 1 thread and then you can just ad to it everyday when you find a new rim you wanna share with us..... This will help prevent unnecessary threads that will just clog and waste space ......kthxbye

      todays thread ^^

      Two days ago thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...for-my-corrado

      Yesterdays thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...hought-on-rims
      thank you for your input but the first thread was looking for specs not for a opinion kthxbye (;

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2012
      Location
      Maine
      Posts
      191
      Vehicles
      VW Corrado mk2 gti vr6
      05-26-2012 10:01 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by HavokRuels View Post
      If you can't find a style that suits you in this thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...wheels+corrado then slap steelies on and call it a day.

      Corrado is a tough sell on most wheels so read through that link and get some ideas
      Thanks man for the link but i need something thats 17 cause i have the tires already but i want something wide for a strech like 8.5 or 9

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •