Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyobaru / FRS / BRZ / GT86, Sales Reports from the front lines?

1. 05-31-2012 07:42 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by RogueTDI View Post
      Those numbers were for BRZ. Still, yes, I think it's a bit absurd. I think those adjustments will disappear within a few months, if not a few weeks from official roll out.

PS: I will be ignoring Toyobaru trolls like JLJetta, in this thread and other Toyobaru threads. Please others do the same.
      Your impotence in responding with facts is noted.

We appreciate you being open and honest about it.
      "You'll have to answer to the Coca-Cola company."

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI 4DR MT6 SB 1989 AW11 MR2 4AGE 150whp 2250lbs
      05-31-2012 07:44 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by JLJetta View Post
      Your impotence in responding with facts is noted.

We appreciate you being open and honest about it.
      Ill make this one reply. Nothing you have posted is relevant or realistic to the topic of this thread, to say nothing of often being absurd on their face. No depositor put money down not knowing all the BS you spewed. Have a nice day loser.

3. 05-31-2012 07:51 PM #28
      Ill make this one reply. Nothing you have posted is relevant or realistic to the topic of this thread, to say nothing of often being absurd on their face. No depositor put money down not knowing all the BS you spewed. Have a nice day loser.
      Thanks for publically admitting you are a lair.

Oh, and also thanks again for not using actual facts.
      "You'll have to answer to the Coca-Cola company."

4. Member
      05-31-2012 07:54 PM #29
      "Liar".
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      You're a self-serving Japanese car-hating asshat.
      I drive two Japanese cars.

5. Banned
      Shytcago, IL - hell hole of all hell holes
      Vehicles
      74 Subaru DL, 78 280Z,94 Sentra SER, 86 CRX Si, 86 Suzuki 700 Intruder (still own) 07 Fit (still own
      05-31-2012 07:59 PM #30
      Sounds like a pretty good feeding frenzy. I can't imagine it topping the 240Z though when it first hit the USA, and people were drooling for an affordable, reliable, sports car at the time.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Tiguan Highline, 2012 Mazda CX5 2.0i, 2008 Audi S3 3Dr Manual
      05-31-2012 08:34 PM #31
      Don't get me wrong. I used to own a street scalpel.

Yamaha YZF-R1

It also was blazing fast, sub 10sec 1/4 mile stock.

After realizing I would kill myself, I stepped a little back on the insanity with the FJR.

For the road? I went with a cheaper E39. Mucho fun on mountain roads.
      Whatever floats your "boat," quite literally.. I mean you might be able to have some fun going down hill considering your 525i with a feable 185hp is towing essentially 1.5x FR-S's...

Vehicles
      08 MS3
      05-31-2012 08:43 PM #32
      Sat in an FRS today at the dealer but the car was sold so I couldn't drive it. Love the seating position and the steering wheel. Interior looked and felt pretty decent.

They're getting a manual white one in stock within the next week or so. The salesman said he had eight people to call once it arrived for test drives.

8. 05-31-2012 08:50 PM #33
      For the road? I went with a cheaper E39. Mucho fun on mountain roads.
      If you're a corpse maybe.
      Bowtie wearing, tattooed, Mini driver

Quote Originally Posted by JalopnikMatt View Post
      Yeah, I've bypassed y'all and go straight to r/cars.

Vehicles
      2003 VW Golf GL (Mojave Beige)
      05-31-2012 09:05 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by what View Post
      If someone pays $5-8k over sticker, they are stupid.
      Agreed.
      8v Deathsquad... Reppin' AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by gtiguy12 View Post
      Who needs a GED when you have JDM?!?

Vehicles
      2007 GTI DSG
      05-31-2012 09:31 PM #35
      Was at Subaru dealer tonight, asked when they'd be getting some BRZ's. Said they'd sold one that was ordered and were allotted 2 more for the year! Couldn't believe it.

05-31-2012 09:41 PM #36
      Balise Scion on the way to work was supposed to have an FR-S backed out from order but it is already gone to a waitlist customer. Dealer salesmen says they still have 5 names willing to accept different colors that come in.

I take this all with a big dose of salt still. Brand new cars, niche market that has been waiting for something like this.. of course there is going to be some pent up demand.
      Last edited by 2.0T_Convert; 05-31-2012 at 09:45 PM.
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      05-31-2012 09:45 PM #37
      that both FR-S and BRZ depositors seem to be backing out a lot. I've had several calls on available cars that the depositors turned down after all.
      They are probably backing out due to the stupid markups.

13. Banned
      05-31-2012 09:48 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      They are probably backing out due to the stupid markups.
      Do they EVAR learn? Greed always kills the goose that lays the golden egg. Stupid stealers.

14. Banned
      05-31-2012 09:48 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by mike02467 View Post
      I wonder if they'd let me test drive one... I doubt it... worth a shot though?
      I tried to TD an Evo X but they dealer said that the "test drive" would be done after finances and stuff were worked out and it was shown that you were more than ready to purchase the car on site. I didn't want to go through that, nor did I have $36k just lying around that I could flash for a quick spin around the block.

I'm currently talking to a Subaru dealer in my area that's getting 2 BRZs in shortly and when they arrive, they'll notify me and I'm welcome to go look at the cars. No word on test drive, but it should be similar to the Evo situation though the BRZ being NA may allow for a little more slack. Either way, I'll definitely at least sit in the car and get a feel for the controls/interior.

15. Banned
      05-31-2012 09:52 PM #40
      It's sad to think that ANY customer would agree that they "can't test drive" a vehicle they are interested in buying UNLESS they finalize the deal first????!!!!

Hahahahaha!

I would laugh in the face of any clown at the stealership that tried that angle. I'd speak loud enough in front of other customers so that they could hear the stupidity coming from their pea brains.

16. Banned
      05-31-2012 10:01 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by qjetta2004 View Post
      It's sad to think that ANY customer would agree that they "can't test drive" a vehicle they are interested in buying UNLESS they finalize the deal first????!!!!

Hahahahaha!

I would laugh in the face of any clown at the stealership that tried that angle. I'd speak loud enough in front of other customers so that they could hear the stupidity coming from their pea brains.
      Yea I was kinda bummed--it was a 40min drive (one way) from my place and I pretty much wasted that fuel. I'm surprised they didn't have like a "test drive Evo" that would never be sold so potential buyers could beat on it and explore the full potential of the car.

17. Banned
      05-31-2012 10:08 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by C4 A6 View Post
      Yea I was kinda bummed--it was a 40min drive (one way) from my place and I pretty much wasted that fuel. I'm surprised they didn't have like a "test drive Evo" that would never be sold so potential buyers could beat on it and explore the full potential of the car.
      They could but then they would have to sell that unit used at a significant loss.

But in any case one suggestion, when a place refuses to allow a test drive before signing on the dotted line, make sure you politely, but firmly let the General Manager know that they will lose any future business from you, your family, and friends you might refer because of this policy EVO or not.

Vehicles
      2003 VW Golf GL (Mojave Beige)
      05-31-2012 10:33 PM #43

Hahahahaha!

Yeah. I remember when the STi first came out and I went to a Subie dealership to see it and get a quick run in it. I had the finances to buy it but was told that they weren't allowing test drives and that "anyone who knows about these cars knows just what they're getting." I asked him point blank if he was genuinely serious about his remark. When he replied that he was, I shook my head, told him it was pathetic and completely irrelevant, and walked off the lot. I would NEVER buy a car that I could not test drive first.

What a damn shame. I also recall a similar story from someone who wanted to test drive one of the Dodge SRT8 cars after they had first come out.
      8v Deathsquad... Reppin' AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by gtiguy12 View Post
      Who needs a GED when you have JDM?!?

Vehicles
      '07 Mini Cooper S, '91 318is Frankenstien With a built eta swap.
      05-31-2012 11:00 PM #44
      As far as I can tell the only one that came into town here is a white AT BRZ...29k...I don't think that's really marked up with the AT $.
      All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

20. Banned
      05-31-2012 11:15 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Golf2quick0 View Post
      I had the finances to buy it but was told that they weren't allowing test drives and that "anyone who knows about these cars knows just what they're getting."
      That's ridiculous. The reason I want a test drive is BECAUSE I don't know what I'm getting

Vehicles
      05-31-2012 11:35 PM #46
      They could but then they would have to sell that unit used at a significant loss.

But in any case one suggestion, when a place refuses to allow a test drive before signing on the dotted line, make sure you politely, but firmly let the General Manager know that they will lose any future business from you, your family, and friends you might refer because of this policy EVO or not.
      Didnt say sign, just demonstrate financing. But either way, yea, stupid.

Vehicles
      05-31-2012 11:43 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by Golf2quick0 View Post
      Yeah. I remember when the STi first came out and I went to a Subie dealership to see it and get a quick run in it. I had the finances to buy it but was told that they weren't allowing test drives and that "anyone who knows about these cars knows just what they're getting." I asked him point blank if he was genuinely serious about his remark. When he replied that he was, I shook my head, told him it was pathetic and completely irrelevant, and walked off the lot. I would NEVER buy a car that I could not test drive first.

What a damn shame. I also recall a similar story from someone who wanted to test drive one of the Dodge SRT8 cars after they had first come out.
      Truly idiotic. All the book knowledge in the world doesnt substitute for experience. If it did we wouldnt need a physical incarnation of the vehicle.

Vehicles
      '93 Audi 80, '15 Audi S4
      06-01-2012 12:36 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by C4 A6 View Post
      I tried to TD an Evo X but they dealer said that the "test drive" would be done after finances and stuff were worked out and it was shown that you were more than ready to purchase the car on site. I didn't want to go through that, nor did I have $36k just lying around that I could flash for a quick spin around the block.
      Better than the answer I got. Woken up early on a Sunday morning to be told "we don't test drive the Evo" despite the fact at the time their website hosted the tab for actually scheduling an appointment to do so...

24. Member spongebob_squarepants's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '13 Passat SE, '13 Golf 4-Door 2.5L
      06-01-2012 03:47 AM #49
      Local Subaru dealer had all of the first batch sold before the truck even showed up. They're taking names for the next wave of BRZ's, but they don't know when they'll show up. Maybe not until 2013.

I'm in the market for a new car in the next few months and the BRZ was on my short list, but I think I'll forget about it. I'd rather get some feedback first on how these things are holding up, not to mention paying MSRP sucks.

25. 06-01-2012 04:36 PM #50
      Demand>Supply. Nothing new here. Imagine being "that guy" in a few years.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...o-S..6k-Markup!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast