Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 19 of 19

    Thread: When is A3 Sedan coming?!

    1. 05-27-2012 02:05 PM #1
      Hey everyone,

      I'm very confused. A lot of websites seem to contradict each other.

      My question is when is the A3 Sedan coming? Will it come later this year (2012 as a 2013 model) or will it come early next year? Or will it come late next year as a 2014 model?

      I'm only interested if it's coming before around September of this year.

    2. Member Travis Grundke's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 26th, 1999
      Location
      Cleveland, Ohio
      Posts
      3,098
      Vehicles
      2006 A3 Sport 6MT
      05-28-2012 08:48 AM #2
      The new 3-door MQB based A3 was released back in March and sales start just about any day now. This September the 5-door Sportback should be announced with sales starting shortly thereafter.

      The new MQB A3 sedan launch timeframe has not yet been announced. All that we know for certain is that it will be a Model Year 2014 vehicle launched sometime in 2013. Whether that means an introduction late this year or early next year with sales to start in summer, 2013; or it means an introduction in late 2013 with sales starting in early 2014 is up in the air as of now.

    3. 06-08-2012 07:23 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Travis Grundke View Post
      The new 3-door MQB based A3 was released back in March and sales start just about any day now. This September the 5-door Sportback should be announced with sales starting shortly thereafter.

      The new MQB A3 sedan launch timeframe has not yet been announced. All that we know for certain is that it will be a Model Year 2014 vehicle launched sometime in 2013. Whether that means an introduction late this year or early next year with sales to start in summer, 2013; or it means an introduction in late 2013 with sales starting in early 2014 is up in the air as of now.
      It has been said that the US version of the A3 sedan will be specific to the US down to having completely different body panels. Audi has also recently announced intentions to build a plant in Mexico. Purely speculation on my part, but if they are going to go that specific for a US model, it's probably going to be built around here. My guess is that new plant will build the new A3 (and Q5's), but that means that end of 2013 is more likely, but that's an aggressive schedule to bring a factory online.

    4. Member Travis Grundke's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 26th, 1999
      Location
      Cleveland, Ohio
      Posts
      3,098
      Vehicles
      2006 A3 Sport 6MT
      06-08-2012 08:18 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by FractureCritical View Post
      It has been said that the US version of the A3 sedan will be specific to the US down to having completely different body panels. Audi has also recently announced intentions to build a plant in Mexico. Purely speculation on my part, but if they are going to go that specific for a US model, it's probably going to be built around here. My guess is that new plant will build the new A3 (and Q5's), but that means that end of 2013 is more likely, but that's an aggressive schedule to bring a factory online.
      The factory isn't slated to be in production until 2014 at the earliest and IIRC it will focus on assembling MLB (Q5/A4) product. At least for the foreseeable future the A3 Sedan will come from Europe. Don't be surprised to see US spec A3 sedans coming from Audi's Chinese plants down the road.

    5. Member dmorrow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2000
      Location
      Cincinnati, OH
      Posts
      3,586
      Vehicles
      '06 BMW Z4M Coupe, '13 Cadillac ATS 3.6 RWD
      06-08-2012 09:38 AM #5
      I agree on the Chinese plant part, if the sedan was designed for us and the Chinese and you are building it in China already, how long until you decide that making it at one plant instead of two, with cheap labor is the way to go. I think the only hold up would be market acceptance and possibly quality not up to our standards and if some models are built in Mexico and are accepted as being equal then why not eventually have a Chinese car?

    6. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2004
      Location
      NoVa
      Posts
      99
      Vehicles
      2010 Audi A4, 1954 Deluxe Sunroof Beetle
      06-08-2012 11:27 PM #6
      From their Facebook page:
      Right now, the sedan is confirmed for US release late this year... Would you like to see the hatchback and convertible, too?
      Tschüß! Ðave
      2010 Brilliant Black A4 SLine • Hüper Optik • EC Alu Kreuz/ÜSS • 034 HiFlo Turbo Hose • EC HFC • Milltek • ST-40 BBK • Hankook Ventus V12's | Pending: Black Grill • Höen H11 • EC Intercooler • EC Short Shifter | Wish List: New Wheels • ECodes

    7. 06-09-2012 10:04 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by V0LKSWAGENSRULE View Post
      From their Facebook page:
      Right now, the sedan is confirmed for US release late this year... Would you like to see the hatchback and convertible, too?

      s3 hatchback w/dsg, kind of like the rs3 poll they did though

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 10th, 2012
      Posts
      305
      Vehicles
      3.2L A4 avant 6 spd manual
      06-10-2012 11:50 AM #8
      i can only hope they bring a manual transmission with the TDI A3 sedan. please!!!!! TDI + MANUAL TRANSMISSION FOR CANADA. thank you!

    9. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 11th, 2012
      Location
      KCMO
      Posts
      67
      Vehicles
      2011 BMW 135i
      06-11-2012 09:48 AM #9
      Yeah, I saw the annc on Facebook, Friday and thought,"Wow." They are getting the car out sooner than I expected to see it.
      Wouldn't be surprised if we almost immediately start to see images of mules, heavy disguised production models getting leaked.

    10. Member dmorrow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2000
      Location
      Cincinnati, OH
      Posts
      3,586
      Vehicles
      '06 BMW Z4M Coupe, '13 Cadillac ATS 3.6 RWD
      06-11-2012 05:19 PM #10
      While Audi has already revealed the new A3 hatchback with sales starting soon in Europe, it plans on offering a sedan version of the new sub-compact luxury car here in the U.S. market. The new A3 sedan has been teased on concept form already, but we've yet to see a production model. It's been confirmed it will launch later this year as a 2014 model.

      http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...odays-car-news

      How can it come out later this year as a 2014? Thought it would have to either come out in 2013 to be a 2014 or come out later this year and be a 2013.

    11. Member Travis Grundke's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 26th, 1999
      Location
      Cleveland, Ohio
      Posts
      3,098
      Vehicles
      2006 A3 Sport 6MT
      06-12-2012 07:31 AM #11
      As of last night Audi had removed that posting from their Facebook page. My guess is that someone either let the cat out of the bag accidentally or it was a misprint and removed. Either way, it was up for several days before being changed, which is out of character.

      Even the CES MQB A3 interior "leak" via the MMI graphics was done intentionally. So it's entirely possible that the timetable has been pushed up significantly.

    12. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 11th, 2012
      Location
      KCMO
      Posts
      67
      Vehicles
      2011 BMW 135i
      06-12-2012 10:13 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Travis Grundke View Post
      As of last night Audi had removed that posting from their Facebook page. My guess is that someone either let the cat out of the bag accidentally or it was a misprint and removed. Either way, it was up for several days before being changed, which is out of character.

      Even the CES MQB A3 interior "leak" via the MMI graphics was done intentionally. So it's entirely possible that the timetable has been pushed up significantly.
      I think there's a sense of urgency to get the sedan onto the market- interesting that the Facebook retraction is occurring during Audi's management shake-up. Mixed signals? Audi suit going rogue?
      I'll be glad to see the car come out...the sooner the better.

    13. Member BeBop!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 18th, 2009
      Location
      MN
      Posts
      1,233
      Vehicles
      2006 Passat 2.0T
      06-15-2012 02:42 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by brookside View Post
      I think there's a sense of urgency to get the sedan onto the market- interesting that the Facebook retraction is occurring during Audi's management shake-up. Mixed signals? Audi suit going rogue?
      I'll be glad to see the car come out...the sooner the better.
      Not very satisfied with your BMW?

    14. Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 11th, 2011
      Location
      US
      Posts
      63
      06-15-2012 05:32 PM #14
      It's a shame that they are coming out with a decontented A3 for our market. The concept they showed at Shanghai '11 was damn near perfect.
      Last edited by chiphead; 06-15-2012 at 05:41 PM.

    15. Member Travis Grundke's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 26th, 1999
      Location
      Cleveland, Ohio
      Posts
      3,098
      Vehicles
      2006 A3 Sport 6MT
      06-15-2012 06:20 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by chiphead View Post
      It's a shame that they are coming out with a decontented A3 for our market. The concept they showed at Shanghai '11 was damn near perfect.
      Decontented?

      The A3 sedan and associated specifications haven't even been announced yet.

    16. Member Isambard's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2011
      Location
      Trappe, PA
      Posts
      965
      Vehicles
      Sonic RS
      06-15-2012 09:27 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Travis Grundke View Post
      Decontented?

      The A3 sedan and associated specifications haven't even been announced yet.
      Exactly. I love how the knee-jerk response to "US market-specific" is "decontented." People shopping for an entry level Audi are not going to stand decontenting. Now, there are probably going to be features that aren't available on the US model, but I'm sure it won't come with a hard plastic dash or anything (not that I care )

    17. 06-18-2012 09:16 AM #17
      Actually I am 99% sure we heard the exact opposite of less content...

      Higher quality interior and more options is what I heard for the US market...

      Pretty much the entire dash is going to be reworked for a more luxury feel.

    18. Member KnockKnock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 29th, 2005
      Location
      Studio City, CA
      Posts
      1,980
      Vehicles
      2015 Mazda 6 Sport - White / 2001 New Beetle
      06-20-2012 02:06 AM #18
      To the malcontented, anything less than an RS3 is considered de-contented.



    19. 06-27-2012 03:48 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by dmorrow View Post
      While Audi has already revealed the new A3 hatchback with sales starting soon in Europe, it plans on offering a sedan version of the new sub-compact luxury car here in the U.S. market. The new A3 sedan has been teased on concept form already, but we've yet to see a production model. It's been confirmed it will launch later this year as a 2014 model.

      http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...odays-car-news

      How can it come out later this year as a 2014? Thought it would have to either come out in 2013 to be a 2014 or come out later this year and be a 2013.
      I completely forgot to mention this.

      I am from Canada, and my last car I bought was a 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T. Built Feb 2009, and received Apr 2009. People in the US had 2008 build dates for cars received at the tail end of 2008 (November / December).

      Point is, I think late 2012, would mean VERY late 2012, and beginning of 2013. There is a good chance we will see it for the spring, however I bet it will only be the A3, no S3...which is what I think I am waiting on...

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •