Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Results 101 to 125 of 251

    Thread: A couple of new 3076R videos

    1. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,574
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      05-30-2012 11:42 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers View Post
      Its running on an untweaked basefile Tom. Unless he toys with the timing, fueling, etc. No Turbo is going to put down much more power than another on that file.

      He could be running a 6262 and he'd see the sameish #s at that given level of boost.
      Meh, also DILLIGAF
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    2. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 16th, 2008
      Location
      InYourMom
      Posts
      13,394
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-31-2012 12:02 AM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
      Meh, also DILLIGAF

    3. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,574
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      05-31-2012 12:05 AM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers View Post
      RAGING MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDD
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2008
      Location
      Houston TX
      Posts
      751
      Vehicles
      2004 TR GLI // 1987 Cabby
      05-31-2012 12:59 AM #104
      I feel out of the loop. I had to look up DILLIGAF

    5. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 16th, 2008
      Location
      InYourMom
      Posts
      13,394
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-31-2012 08:23 AM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by createddeleted View Post
      I feel out of the loop. I had to look up DILLIGAF
      I had no idea what it meant either

    6. Member MKIII_96's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 24th, 2006
      Location
      Herndon, PA
      Posts
      1,488
      Vehicles
      MK4 GTI 1.8t project and B3 vr passat wagon
      05-31-2012 08:49 AM #106
      my 3082r spooled faster than that. but it was also at 21psi at 4500 and with a tubular manifold tho.

    7. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      Dec 29th, 2003
      Posts
      14,765
      05-31-2012 09:04 AM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by MKIII_96 View Post
      my 3082r spooled faster than that. but it was also at 21psi at 4500 and with a tubular manifold tho.
      Before i did my big port manifold i was full spool 28psi at 3900 rpms with a 5858 ....Now its like 4100

    8. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 16th, 2008
      Location
      InYourMom
      Posts
      13,394
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-31-2012 09:33 AM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Kenny@Eurojet View Post
      Before i did my big port manifold i was full spool 28psi at 3900 rpms with a 5858 ....Now its like 4100
      Are you running the eurojet topmount tubular that Ronnie debut'ed a couple years ago?

    9. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,574
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      05-31-2012 10:59 AM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by createddeleted View Post
      I feel out of the loop. I had to look up DILLIGAF
      Quote Originally Posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers View Post
      I had no idea what it meant either
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2004
      Location
      Stanceville
      Posts
      4,094
      Vehicles
      94 Jetta scrapin pinch welds
      05-31-2012 11:18 AM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by createddeleted View Post
      You would think, that after writing the beginnings of the DIY on how to tune your own 1.8t using WinOLS that I would know the horrors of running MAFless. So, yes, my recommendation is to put a MAF back on it.

      But, if he would show me a log, with timing, fuel, load values as well, then we would really see whats wrong. Then, in and of itself, we would see proof that the MAF would help in those sectors where readings are off, or skewed. Instead of calling him out, let him prove his own mistake.

      Cars, VW's I really mean, can run without a MAF because it is a failsafe. And thats what it is, a failsafe. Yes, they can run, there are many out there that just dont have them because "racecar", but when the entire Bosch system architecture is based on that load calculation including ABS, ESP, and nearly all systems that make the car go, why take it out. So dont take this out on me.



      Show us your logs. We want to see how well tuned that car is.

      Sorry I know the internet is full off douchey trolls, my intention is no call out here. More to help. I know what happened to my car by putting a new maf in.

      I've seen others here too. 50awhp from a MAF being plugged in on dougloblue's setup.

      I was told by someone who has ran the c167 through it's paces in IDA that MAF is pretty much irreplacable, and what is looked at for timing immediate. There is no way to escape that aside from an entire firmware rewrite and my non-tuner intution says you'd be doing this at the arcos level some.

      Now we/they modify maps, and attempt to compensate, given you can just plug a MAF in and roll out with more power provided your maps are right, that tells me the underlying logic is stll the same for a MAFless tune, meaning your cutting your nose off in spite of your face.

      There is truly no way to do it otherwise on a car where your resolution is from -18/20 hg to +22psi, and the LB per minute between. Your Alpha N map would have to be like 128 x 128

      I think the log will show it, but overall even if it does, you can tweak here or there, but we hae a sole MAP sensor, not a second to deal with atmospheric changes due to moisture and temperature pre intercooler, sea level and variations of env pressure.

      You take a speed density calculation for something 25psi @ 5krpm, that little difference adds up. You dump fuel in to comp, pull fuel, have a slow moving tach and that takes MS/NS which adds up over a gear pull. You get a sluggish reacting motor, that is compensating post combustion for variables precombustion.

      Makes a no sense a.

    11. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2007
      Posts
      14,331
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT Quattro
      05-31-2012 11:31 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by Rac_337 View Post
      stock bore? any head work?
      Stock bore, stock head for now.

      I have an AEB head at the machine shop right now getting ferrea valve train treatment

    12. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2007
      Posts
      14,331
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT Quattro
      05-31-2012 11:38 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers View Post
      Its running on an untweaked basefile Tom. Unless he toys with the timing, fueling, etc. No Turbo is going to put down much more power than another on that file.

      He could be running a 6262 and he'd see the sameish #s at that given level of boost.
      Tom doesn't know what that means

    13. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,574
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      05-31-2012 12:13 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by formerly silveratljetta View Post
      Tom doesn't know what that means


      u talk hot sh*t all the time and then you post up ur slow gt3076 i take no pity for you, YOU ARE NOT DOING IT RIGHT lol ur car barely running and ur already talking about race gas. get real
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    14. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      Dec 29th, 2003
      Posts
      14,765
      05-31-2012 12:19 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers View Post
      Are you running the eurojet topmount tubular that Ronnie debut'ed a couple years ago?
      Nope...CTS Manifold

    15. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 16th, 2008
      Location
      InYourMom
      Posts
      13,394
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-31-2012 12:57 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by formerly silveratljetta View Post
      Tom doesn't know what that means






      Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post


      u talk hot sh*t all the time and then you post up ur slow gt3076 i take no pity for you, YOU ARE NOT DOING IT RIGHT lol ur car barely running and ur already talking about race gas. get real
      I've said it before, and ill say it again.

      the two of you! Flagpole! 3:00! Be There!



































































































































      Lmfao!

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2004
      Location
      Stanceville
      Posts
      4,094
      Vehicles
      94 Jetta scrapin pinch welds
      05-31-2012 01:04 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by formerly silveratljetta View Post
      Tom doesn't know what that means

      Is it cool if I post a video of my 3076r pagparts bottom mount on a canned uni stock cam tune? Comparison.

      Mind you my timing is off, and I think I have a leaky injector or exhaust leaks pre-o2 now. But it still rips up the tach fast.

      If you'd like, I can also log for you with my MAF.... my 3651's are going to add a little......... You'd be good finding someone with the same setup stock cams to log MAF readings and MAP readings.



      The other problem running solely MAP based, OUR MAP SENSORS ARE PRE THROTTLE BODY!!!!!!

      Post throttle body is the only way to get an accurate idea of vacuum generated at idle and under load pre boost because the vacuum is created by the motor sucking against the closed throttle plate!


      So, really you are now relying pretty much 100% on O2 and Alpha-N without knowing wtf the motor is doing.





      http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Manifold_air_pressure

      The maximum pressure reading is not a function of the MAP sensor, but rather the pressure representation limit in the ECU's memory (a 16 bit, unsigned integer).

      The charge pressure sender is located upstream of the throttle valve control part.
      The Motronic supplies the sender with a voltage of 5 volts and earth. The signal which the sender generates is a pressure-proportional voltage ranging from 0 to 5 volts.

      The absolute maximum pressure reading is approximately 2.55996 bar absolute (22.45 psi), which should read approximately 4.76 volts. Pressure readings that deviate more than ~500mbar from specified pressure may cause throttle cut.

      By upstream do they mean pre or post throttle valve? I've never owned or worked on an S4.

    17. Member 18T_BT's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 15th, 2005
      Location
      Silver Spring, MD
      Posts
      11,109
      Vehicles
      02 1.8T JETTA (SOLD) & 00 TTQ (SOLD) '90 C2 964 (CURRENT)
      05-31-2012 01:16 PM #117
      from what I remember, the thrust sensor doesn't read vacuum only positive pressure...so, it wouldn't matter if it was pre/post TB and all mafless tunes rely on 02 and alpha-N correction, but when you go above the thrust sensor threshold, then is when people start seeing real gains with a MAF

    18. 05-31-2012 01:26 PM #118
      doesn't seem too bad. turn the boost up on pump. i remember running 28-29psi on pump few years back with my gt3076R.

      car moved okay, then i jumped shipped!
      99 Golf Tdi
      evo IX RS 10.5:1, pte6466 build in progress

    19. Member Vegeta Gti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 12th, 2003
      Location
      konoha village, hawaii
      Posts
      18,188
      Vehicles
      1984 GLi 20v, '13 335is, '85 Golf, '12 48 sportster xl1200
      05-31-2012 03:12 PM #119
      maybe i missed it..but what software are you running?
      :HOMEGROWN MOTORSPORTS:1:4.9 SuaSponte #13Dead Rabbits. Ungluck on IG. MKIforLife
      Quote Originally Posted by .Ant View Post
      What vegeta said.

    20. Member 18T_BT's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 15th, 2005
      Location
      Silver Spring, MD
      Posts
      11,109
      Vehicles
      02 1.8T JETTA (SOLD) & 00 TTQ (SOLD) '90 C2 964 (CURRENT)
      05-31-2012 03:43 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by formerly silveratljetta View Post
      I finally got the car running right. I hope to get the car on the dyno within the next month or so.

      Current setup:

      PagParts v-band mani
      Garrett 3076R @ 24psi
      Scat Rods
      Injector Dynamics 1000cc
      Eurodyne Maestro
      Clutchmasters FX400
      Check the bold face above from post #1

    21. Member Vegeta Gti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 12th, 2003
      Location
      konoha village, hawaii
      Posts
      18,188
      Vehicles
      1984 GLi 20v, '13 335is, '85 Golf, '12 48 sportster xl1200
      05-31-2012 03:53 PM #121
      :HOMEGROWN MOTORSPORTS:1:4.9 SuaSponte #13Dead Rabbits. Ungluck on IG. MKIforLife
      Quote Originally Posted by .Ant View Post
      What vegeta said.

    22. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2007
      Posts
      14,331
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT Quattro
      05-31-2012 06:41 PM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      Is it cool if I post a video of my 3076r pagparts bottom mount on a canned uni stock cam tune? Comparison.
      Go ahead I would like to see a good comparison from another tuning company

    23. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2007
      Posts
      14,331
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT Quattro
      05-31-2012 06:46 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by createddeleted View Post
      You would think, that after writing the beginnings of the DIY on how to tune your own 1.8t using WinOLS that I would know the horrors of running MAFless. So, yes, my recommendation is to put a MAF back on it.

      But, if he would show me a log, with timing, fuel, load values as well, then we would really see whats wrong. Then, in and of itself, we would see proof that the MAF would help in those sectors where readings are off, or skewed. Instead of calling him out, let him prove his own mistake.

      Cars, VW's I really mean, can run without a MAF because it is a failsafe. And thats what it is, a failsafe. Yes, they can run, there are many out there that just dont have them because "racecar", but when the entire Bosch system architecture is based on that load calculation including ABS, ESP, and nearly all systems that make the car go, why take it out. So dont take this out on me.



      Show us your logs. We want to see how well tuned that car is.
      I just got back to Miami today from my road trip. I will take a log tomorrow and post it.

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2004
      Location
      Stanceville
      Posts
      4,094
      Vehicles
      94 Jetta scrapin pinch welds
      06-01-2012 10:16 AM #124
      I'll try to grab one this weekend. Mexico has had a lot of tourists. It's a hair unfair as I have 3651 cams, but I am at about 18-19psig. You are running 5 more psi.

      If you have a stock MAF that is good, get a VR6 or TT housing and stuff it in there. Maestro I thought had precalibrated checkboxes to activate maps for that specifically.

    25. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2007
      Posts
      14,331
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT Quattro
      06-01-2012 11:00 AM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      I'll try to grab one this weekend. Mexico has had a lot of tourists. It's a hair unfair as I have 3651 cams, but I am at about 18-19psig. You are running 5 more psi.

      If you have a stock MAF that is good, get a VR6 or TT housing and stuff it in there. Maestro I thought had precalibrated checkboxes to activate maps for that specifically.
      I haven't had a MAF for as long as I can remember. Originally the plan was to get a 225TT maf but they run about $250 for a new one. I thought I could get it to run well without one as many other people are doing the same. It runs really well, smooth idle too. It's hard to say if the power is there or not without putting it on a dyno.

    Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •