Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 9" TT Wheels on my 99' B5 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Avant??

1. 05-30-2012 06:12 AM #1
      Hi all, good morning...been a 'spectator' for a while on this forum but this is my first post/thread.

I would be grateful for some help & advice with is this:

I've just got these wheels off a friend who's upgraded his TT wheels to something else.

They are 9J X 18 ET52 with 245/40/18 Pilot Sport's all round, however, when i've taken off my original wheels to 'offer' these up, they look to be fowling on the suspension arms etc.
      As the tyre's are in quite good condition & decent brand I dont really fancy purchasing any new rubber unless its totally necessary (as you can imagine) however running 225 tyre's would help me with space am I correct in thinking this?

These are the wheels:

I really like them, and would like to run them on my Avant, its a 2.5TDi Quattro as above and its totally standard (at the minute, lol)

Whats the score with 'spacers' am I right in thinking something like 10mm up front & 15mm at the rear will help me with the clearance issues i'm having? & enable me to fit these wheels to my car?

I do understand that stepping tyre's down to 225's would help but due to the good condition of the tyre's on atm I would like to try and get some life out of them first and possibly try spacers?

Any Help & Advice is MUCH APPRECIATED!

Nice1, S200REY.

2. 05-31-2012 01:03 AM #2
      your best bet would be to jack up your car and put them on, look to see if they clear on their own and if not then get some spacers, your not low on coilovers I assume? so use your best judgment. dont be sacred to make mistakes, you live and you learn. your best teacher is you
      Last edited by VAN CAN; 05-31-2012 at 01:07 AM.

3. 05-31-2012 04:13 AM #3
      Hi VanCan, if you read my thread you would realise thats exactly what i've done... lol!

"when i've taken off my original wheels to 'offer' these up, they look to be fowling on the suspension arms etc"

I'm not overly scared of making mistakes fella' I'm more scared of blowing a load of money for them not to fit properly or look whack.

Ya' get me?

Any more help & advice, much appreciated!

4. 06-01-2012 05:22 AM #4

15mm's on the back worked a treat! 10mm up front isn't enough though!

Gunna order another pair of 15's today, hopefully that will do the job!?! //