I'm getting thirsty...
No love for the awesome Super Troopers reference?
Regardless, I am now Vag-Comming for donations to my Movember Mustache! Not only do you get programming, you get to see this awesome Farva inspired stache in person and you get to help fund research for prostate and testicular cancer. That's a Win-Win-Win
Last edited by BeveStrown; 12-19-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Hey man, I currently have my led tails set up to run all red, and have the wiring harnesses from ECS. however I want to activate amber turn signals. any chance we can do this? Im in MD but I work in greenbelt, MD and can easily head down to NoVa one night.
I have a 2011 Touareg Hybrid and have some VAG-COM type modifications I would like to make. Are any (or all) of these do-able?
(1) Increase count on comfort turn signal to 6 or 8;
(2) Display gear in MFD while in D;
(3) Disable Seatbelt chime for driver (or all);
(4) Enable back-up camera while in motion (sounds odd, but I often tow a trailer and want to ensure my hitch and tye-downs are staying in place while transversing off-road terrain).
I am in Sterling, VA
1. Try looking in your MFD
2. Only ones that I know of that do this are 06/07 MkVs
3. Usually pretty simple with a vag-com. Only does all
4. Video in Motion usually requires hacking the nav unit itself
If getting VIM for the back-up camera is unreasonably complicated (hacking the nav unit) I will continue to live without it. I have the VIM for the DVD player because I stumbled upon someone who has a vag-com and I happened to have a step-by-step "how-to" print-out (thanks to VWvortex).
Before I sought him out for a 2nd request, I wanted to know how to discern the codes for various modifications I listed. Is this trial and error, experienced intuition ("doing X works on Audi, so it may work on VW"), or is there a table that can be consulted? He was clear that without the step-by-step guide, he would not have attempted it.
Can you turn off tpms on my mk6 gti?
If so a sixer of Lil' Sumpin' Sumpin' awaits.
2010 GTI 4dr autobahn, APR Stg2, AWE tbe, ECS sways, Vogtland springs, SS lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HP+, Unibrace XB, SB Stg 2 endurance, Peloquin LSD, tracked frequently.