First off: i'm dutch, therefore my english isnt that good; but try and bare with me please
Second after reading tons of information on this great forum;
I am potentially buying this passat, but there are one or two issues with it, the main one being it has a 4 speed transmission at the moment.
Because of the extremely high fuel costs, and because of the terrible noise (its a GC i think, its probably revving at 4500 at 120/130 kph) it makes, i would like to kwnow what i'd have to do to replace the current 4 speed gearbox for a 5 speed one.
The engine is a 1.6TD.
1. Which gearbox would fit? Problably one of a audi 80?
2. What gearstick unit should i use? (found you could use the old 4 speed.. is this true?)
3. What gearlinkage assembly should i use?
4. The current owner has put a brand new clutch/flywheel/pressureplate in; could this fit in the new gearbox?
5. Is it possible to use the old axles?
6. Will the old starter motor fit?
The car its all about:
Thanks in advance for any answer