Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did I get ripped off by VW CPO Program? .:R32 Content

Vehicles
      '06 C55 AMG, '02 Passat wagon & lots of MCs and shtuff...
      05-31-2012 05:46 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by hipster. View Post
      Meets here are full of bros an dubbers, so I'll pass on that.
      Have yet to be at a meet where the cars outnumber the meatheads and/or flatbillers. And say what you will about my stereotyping, but how many exist that are worth having a normal conversation with?
      A known "hiveminder".

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      05-31-2012 05:51 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by bubbagti View Post
      Get a TTRS
      Came here for this. Leaving satisfied.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

3. 05-31-2012 05:52 PM #78
      if after the sale, and you come off the curb, and the axle breaks or you get a flat tire, its all you for liability

so if you screw up the alignment a block away from a pothole or whatever, that would cause the warped inner tire wear, not the dealerships fault

who validates a manufacturer's CPO cars ? the manufacturers ....

4. Member
      Vehicles
      Current: 2014 Audi Q5, 2010 Nissan Xterra, Former: 2008 R32
      05-31-2012 05:54 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      Cliff notes:
      - You drove a car for 6months, dropped it on H&R coils, then decided you want new tires, and trying to get the cost out of CPO

How can we even know you didnt destroyed tires after you did aftermarket suspension on the car??
      I drove the car like a normal person. I wanted to change the suspension. Upon changing the suspension I realized all these problems. If I didn't one day the inner tire would have blown out and I would have crashed the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Cort View Post
      Am I the only one seeing this?

1. He installed coilovers.

2. Worn tire patch on inside of tire which is WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LOWER AN R32 past an 1.5" without adjustable endlinks on the rear suspension. I had the same problem in less than 8k miles on my s3 which has the same suspension.

3. I'm willing to bank he didn't get an allignment after the coils too.

http://gruvenparts.com/website/cart/...product_id=390

4. Aftermarket coilover suspension parts voids suspension warranty.
      Wrong I am not you. I install things properly. The damage to the tires were done with the stock suspension not the aftermarket.

I've only had the aftermarket on since 5/26/12. We had a holiday weekend in America so everything was closed on Monday. Alignment was done immediatly upon opening of business the very next day.
      You'll UM | You'll Performance Leds

5. Member
      Vehicles
      Current: 2014 Audi Q5, 2010 Nissan Xterra, Former: 2008 R32
      05-31-2012 05:58 PM #80

2. Worn tire patch on inside of tire which is WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LOWER AN R32 past an 1.5" without adjustable endlinks on the rear suspension. I had the same problem in less than 8k miles on my s3 which has the same suspension.

I don't own a 2004 MK4 R32 you idiot.

This product fits Audi TT (2001-2006), Audi A3/S3, VW R32 (2004), VW Golf 4motion and 4motion Variant, VW Bora 4motion and 4motion Variant and replaces OEM linkage P/N 1J0505466B.
      You'll UM | You'll Performance Leds

Vehicles
      '11 WRX
      05-31-2012 06:07 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by HarryHood View Post

CPO is a scam. They "inspect" these cars by glancing over stuff. They can then charge you an extra $1-2k on price in exchange for the extended warranty.
      This was my experience with buying a CPO A4 back in 2003. I needed new brakes a few thousand miles afterwards, in addition to several other parts (and the CEL coming on the day I bought it). When I pointed out that the literature said brakes would be minimum of 50%, they made up some excuse. I went to another dealership for a second opinion and they said my brakes were the original ones on the car (50k miles) --- they told me a lot of times dealerships skip the inspection, fill out the paperwork with Audi, send them the money for the warranty and sell the car as is.

Went back to the original dealer and demanded all of the CPO paperwork. They said I couldn't have it. I pointed out where it said it was to be included with the sale. They said to come back the next day and they would "find" it. They produced a CPO report that was clearly doctored after the fact (dates weren't consistent, options not on my car were said to be in good condition, the wrong size wheels were listed, etc, etc). Brought it to the sales manager and the GM --- they offered to take it on trade at $12k (I paid $17.5k three days before) and offered me a rape-tastic deal on a new GTi. I said no thanks, never went back there, and faxed everything to VWoA.

VWoA said any resolution would be between them and the dealership, which didn't do anything for me. I sold the car within the year for a fair price and bought a Honda. The CPO warranty was great to have (I wouldn't want to own a car that new without one), but if I ever buy a CPO car again, I'll be treating it like any used car --- taking it to an independent mechanic for a full inspection, etc.
      Last edited by GTiTOM; 05-31-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Vehicles
      1985 GTi VR6'ed, 2002 Audi TT Quattro Coupe ALMS editon
      05-31-2012 06:08 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by whitekryptonite View Post
      I don't own a 2004 MK4 R32 you idiot.
      Oh dag yo. Didn't see that. My bad.

I just saw R32. But I hope you get herpes, and you are butt banged by a group of rabid baboons you buffoon.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 A3 3.2, 2007 S3, 2008 R32
      05-31-2012 06:11 PM #83
      Oh dag yo. Didn't see that. My bad.

I just saw R32. But I hope you get herpes, and you are butt banged by a group of rabid baboons you buffoon.
      Quote Originally Posted by BeeAlk View Post
      Ponto, you need to be banned already. This **** just aint fair.

Vehicles
      '07 Civic Hy, '93 940, '85 740
      05-31-2012 06:18 PM #84
      pads/rotors shouldnt be covered under warranty, imo.

its not the companies fault if you drive like a hammerhead and wear through them in 10k miles.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      05-31-2012 06:21 PM #85
      OP, seriously, there isn't much to be done here. I say you buy a new set of tires and call it a day. Save yourself the headache and say fück that dealership.

Vehicles
      05-31-2012 06:29 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by whitekryptonite View Post
      If I didn't one day the inner tire would have blown out and I would have crashed the car.
      Aaaand scene. Seriously, a blown tire doesn't equal death if you know how to drive. Any old lady in a Golf can let off of the gas and coast a bit, no?
      A known "hiveminder".

Vehicles
      2013 Civic Type-H
      05-31-2012 06:44 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by Accidental L8 apex View Post
      Aaaand scene. Seriously, a blown tire doesn't equal death if you know how to drive. Any old lady in a Golf can let off of the gas and coast a bit, no?
      I thought you were supposed to give it more gas to correct for the failed tire, then ease off?

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      05-31-2012 07:18 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by mr lee View Post
      um... I'm talking about Haldex fluid. it's $100.
      Cool, then why is the OP ****ting his pants about a $100 thing of fluid?

https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/d...bbit,+GTI,+R32

^ btw it isn't due at 50k.

05-31-2012 08:00 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by horribleR View Post
      Tires aren't Suspension, Mister.

In the warranty arena, this is called excessive progressive damage. Even if the suspension were deemed faulty, there is probably a clause that puts this well outside of the damage limits. Sorry, but I'd be totally blown away if they even gave you a coupon for a free oil change.

Chris
      | 2015 Chevy Sonic | 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan | 1990 Ford F-150 | 2014 Prius | 1997 Chevy Tahoe | 1965 Buick Riviera |

15. 05-31-2012 08:14 PM #90

1.S3's get flat spots from drunken toolbags that ruin GTGs and events for everyone.

2. Being such a toolbag revokes your rights to be treated fairly on this forum.

3. I'm willing to bank you got aligned in jail.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      05-31-2012 08:18 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by serge03 View Post
      1.S3's get flat spots from drunken toolbags that ruin GTGs and events for everyone.

2. Being such a toolbag revokes your rights to be treated fairly on this forum.

3. I'm willing to bank you got aligned in jail.
      Someone's living in the past

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      05-31-2012 08:24 PM #92
      I've owned one CPO VW and compared to all but one other VW I've owned, it was a kind of a piece. The warranty did save me a few bucks but not much or enough to be worth the added cost. I found out that things like spark plugs and air filters were never changed when the paperwork I had from the dealer showed that they should have been. Part of the deal for buying the car was that certain things like the 40k service had been performed and I got it in writing. Later on down the road I was actually able to prove the parts had not been changed by utilizing manufacturer date codes. That still got me no where but whatever.

I don't know if I would buy another CPO VW. I've had better luck with non CPO cars. Obviously this varies with every car but I didn't get my money's worth out of the warranty and I didn't like how the dealer somewhat misrepresented the condition of the vehicle at time of purchase. Also, all the expensive repairs for my car occurred just after the warranty was up. Probably a coincidence. You're better off buying a used car from an owner who hands you a file folder full of receipts and records.
      #FREEPATRIKMAN

18. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8, 96 T&C LXi
      05-31-2012 08:29 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by djsheijkdfj View Post
      Just went and looked. The idiot is trading the car in for a new Golf R.

Next time I need help flushing a couple grand down the toilet, I know who to call.
      Can somebody post a link to the original gateway thread?

I feel so lost on this topic.

Oh- and OP... CPO just means Crazy Price for Owner for used car with extended warranty.....
      IOW, the "1,000,000 point inspection" is usually a joke.
      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

Vehicles
      A4, GTI
      05-31-2012 08:40 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Can somebody post a link to the original gateway thread?

I feel so lost on this topic.

Oh- and OP... CPO just means Crazy Price for Owner for used car with extended warranty.....
      IOW, the "1,000,000 point inspection" is usually a joke.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-R-Screwdriver

Looks like he's getting that new R he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gateway1 View Post
      Final update:

The General Manager is in the process of placing an order for a new '13 Golf R.

I really appreciate the GM going above and beyond to make things right. Also, a big to VWoA for all their help and new car voucher towards the R. Now I can move forward with my R build.

Also, I would like to say thank you to everyone here for your support.

Vehicles
      1989 Porsche 944, 2014 Mazda 6, 2015 Chevy SS
      05-31-2012 08:48 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by 99.5 View Post
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-R-Screwdriver

Looks like he's getting that new R he wanted.
      And he's paying for it. Far cry drom it being free, like the jackass was trying to lead people to believe.

What a toolbag.

Vehicles
      05-31-2012 08:48 PM #96
      Originally Posted by hipster.
      Asked a dozen posts ago. VWoA told him to STFU, and that it was the dealer issue.
      Originally posted by 99.5
      Not quite. Here's an update from his thread.
      Originally Posted by Gateway1
      Final update:

The General Manager is in the process of placing an order for a new '13 Golf R.

I really appreciate the GM going above and beyond to make things right. Also, a big to VWoA for all their help and new car voucher towards the R. Now I can move forward with my R build.

Also, I would like to say thank you to everyone here for your support.
      So how does him losing thousands on a trade-in equal him getting what he wants by getting "made right" by VW due to his tirade and sense of entitlement? And VWOA did basically tell him to shove it and the dealer is the one handling it. Of course, would be luxury-GT owners/drivers would see things completely different than reality played out.
      A known "hiveminder".

22. Member
      Vehicles
      Blue Car
      05-31-2012 08:49 PM #97
      as someone who knows the OP here is my perspective...

you bought the car with 4x,xxx miles (i dont feel like getting the exact number), 9000 miles later you find out that the suspension is shot when installed new coilovers. almost 50,000 miles on the stock suspension actually isnt that bad for an R32, some have had theres crap out earlier. Just the nature of the beast.

Somewhere in here you posted that you drive normally...you drive like a mad man 95% of the time. Hard acceleration, braking, and turning will only speed up wear on your tires and suspension.

I'm sure you've hit some massive pot holes, because we live in the same town so I know what the roads are like. And i'm sure at least one of the was big enough to throw an alignment out of spec, thus causing your tire wear.

You are trying to get a warranty on two different wear parts..not going to happen. Suspension and tires get old and tired and wear, that's just how it goes. Also, bringing the car in on the aftermarket suspension claiming that the stock suspension is what ruined your tires is not going to help. Also, a blown strut will not cause your tires to get camber wear. The rebound tendencies of shocks play little to no effect of camber

does it suck that your tires are now shot? Absolutely. Are you going to have to buy new tires out of pocket? Most likely. Coming from someone who also had to buy 4 new tires due to unfortunately circumstances, that's just the way it goes. This is a classic case of the saying "you have to pay to play." I'm sure you can find some really good condition used tires in the classifieds since 225/40/18 is a very popular size.
      DBP .:R

23. 05-31-2012 09:16 PM #98
      vw uses one quality grade above chinese parts. dont be surprised if you have to replace x y and z after 10k miles
      Quote Originally Posted by slikaznricer View Post
      Dude, its the internet. Everyone trolls everyone. if you get butthurt, go buy some preparation H or troll back.

24. 05-31-2012 09:18 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by DrFrisker View Post
      vw uses one quality grade above chinese parts. dont be surprised if you have to replace x y and z after 10k miles

Those X bearings and Y fuel pumps and Z control arm bushings are killer, brah.

25. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8, 96 T&C LXi
      05-31-2012 09:29 PM #100
      Thanks.

Rule number one: never expect to service department to understand (your standard of) cosmetic perfection.
      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast