Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Did I get ripped off by VW CPO Program? .:R32 Content

Vehicles
      '14 Jetta 1.8T, '13 Focus, '00 Miata
      06-01-2012 12:14 AM #106
      OP, call corporate customer service and put in a complaint, they will contact the dealer and usually work out a compromise.

I just purchased a CPO Jetta in November, and at the time of purchase I noticed the plastic belly pan under the engine was cracked. the salesman said it was nothing to worry about and he had the techs literally remove the broken part.

6 months later i take the car to another dealer for service and they said the oil pan has a huge dent in it and is rusting, and quote me $400 to replace it. the dealer that sold me the car said they didnt see that it was necessary to fix since it wasnt leaking. i called corporate and they spoke to both dealers but couldnt work anything out so VWoA is sending me a voucher for the repair value.

bottom line: not every dealer lives up to the CPO standards, but VWoA is pretty good at making things right. you're buying a used car, and its still your responsibility to properly inspect it and make an appropriate decision on whether or not you can live with whatever issues it may have.

oh, and the dealer told me i needed new rear brakes, when supposedly they were at 50% just 6 months and 6000 miles ago.
      "If your car 'feels like it's on rails,' then you're going too slow."

2. 06-01-2012 12:21 AM #107
      No, you didn't get ripped off by VW's CPO program. They don't owe you tires, an alignment, or a suspension job 6 months/9k miles after buying a 3 year old car with almost 50k on it. Performance cars eat up tires and shocks; who could have guessed?
      "I'm trying to live vicariously through jrod here and my vicarious
      life would be better if he had a twin turbo. Or a ****ing pirate
      ship." nm+

Vehicles
      08 R32/14 Ram ECOdiesel
      06-01-2012 11:16 AM #108
      I also have a MKV R32. Inner wear on the tires is just a part of owning the car - you have to prepared to rotate the tires often. Front camber is not adjustible. I don't think that wear is from blown suspension I would expect to see more cupping if that was the case.

Your best bet is to rotate your tires every oil change.

It sucks that you need new tires, but I don't think its VW fault. The 'blown suspension" should have been left on the car for VW to take care of. At least in this case you could have sold off the the new OEM suspension to fund your tire replacment.

Best of luck to you.....
      98 Jetta GL (sold) - 07 GTI (Wrecked) - 00 Jetta TDI (sold) - 03 GTI VR6 (sold) - 05 Volvo V50 T5 AWD MT (sold)
      - 09 Ford Ranger Sport (sold)

08 R32 -14 Ram ECOdiesel

Vehicles
      BMP 20th - 1990 Cabriolet.
      06-01-2012 11:58 AM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by timmyd View Post
      I also have a MKV R32. Inner wear on the tires is just a part of owning the car - you have to prepared to rotate the tires often. Front camber is not adjustible. I don't think that wear is from blown suspension I would expect to see more cupping if that was the case.

Your best bet is to rotate your tires every oil change.

It sucks that you need new tires, but I don't think its VW fault. The 'blown suspension" should have been left on the car for VW to take care of. At least in this case you could have sold off the the new OEM suspension to fund your tire replacment.

Best of luck to you.....
      inner wear on the tires isnt going to be from camber in front, if anything toe is what would affect that.

you can run a certain amount of camber without ever really affecting the tires as long as the toe of the wheel is in spec.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      No. Smell has a very strong connection in the brain with feelings... or if you're walking past A&F you might think of that chick you fingerblasted when you were 15.
      Goon Squad x Bagriders x Gengstout

Vehicles
      Don't you know I sold them all...
      06-01-2012 12:03 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by x_GTI_x View Post
      inner wear on the tires isnt going to be from camber in front, if anything toe is what would affect that.

you can run a certain amount of camber without ever really affecting the tires as long as the toe of the wheel is in spec.
      ...and if you go low enough, you'll need shims, adjustable control arms, and camber plates. or plan on buying tires ever 6 months.
      Quote Originally Posted by Amsterdam087 View Post
      its not your car...

Vehicles
      90 Jetta GLI 16v, 99.5 Cabrio Highline, 92 Golf GL
      06-01-2012 04:54 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by timmyd View Post
      Front camber is not adjustible.
      Really? I find that hard to believe. Are the strut and knuckle bolted solid as one unit?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
      A2Resource

7. Member
      Vehicles
      United VR6
      06-05-2012 02:12 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by firstorbit84 View Post
      OP, call corporate customer service and put in a complaint, they will contact the dealer and usually work out a compromise.

I just purchased a CPO Jetta in November, and at the time of purchase I noticed the plastic belly pan under the engine was cracked. the salesman said it was nothing to worry about and he had the techs literally remove the broken part.

6 months later i take the car to another dealer for service and they said the oil pan has a huge dent in it and is rusting, and quote me $400 to replace it. the dealer that sold me the car said they didnt see that it was necessary to fix since it wasnt leaking. i called corporate and they spoke to both dealers but couldnt work anything out so VWoA is sending me a voucher for the repair value.

bottom line: not every dealer lives up to the CPO standards, but VWoA is pretty good at making things right. you're buying a used car, and its still your responsibility to properly inspect it and make an appropriate decision on whether or not you can live with whatever issues it may have.

oh, and the dealer told me i needed new rear brakes, when supposedly they were at 50% just 6 months and 6000 miles ago.
      In discussion with VWofA.
      You'll UM | You'll Performance Leds

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234