Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: WTB: Mk4 Trans (preferably 09A)

Vehicles
      84 Jetta Coupe, 07 Impreza
      05-31-2012 05:00 PM #1
      I'd prefer a local sale (Chicago-area), so this is why I'm posting a feeler.

It seems autos are the easiest trans to come by since everyone does manual swaps, so I'd probably stuck to another auto for my 1.8t.

I really would prefer a unit under 100k mi, the Tip units all get problems as they get older and the high-mileage ones that are "trouble-free" are time bombs.

Not interested in spending a buttload of cash, either. I'd sooner junk the car or sell the engine instead of get hosed on a used trans.

Thanks!

2. Member
      Vehicles
      02 VW GTI 1.8T 5 speed
      06-03-2012 02:19 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Maggiolone View Post
      I'd prefer a local sale (Chicago-area), so this is why I'm posting a feeler.

It seems autos are the easiest trans to come by since everyone does manual swaps, so I'd probably stuck to another auto for my 1.8t.

I really would prefer a unit under 100k mi, the Tip units all get problems as they get older and the high-mileage ones that are "trouble-free" are time bombs.

Not interested in spending a buttload of cash, either. I'd sooner junk the car or sell the engine instead of get hosed on a used trans.

Thanks!

No offense buddy, go talk to Jason about transmission, mileage does not matter...no one buys new transmissions they are all rebuilt...you just have to know vw transmissions.