Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: A/C not blowing cold

Hybrid View

Vehicles
      2009 VW Rabbit
      06-02-2012 07:07 PM #1
      Recently I had my Corrado's A/C recharged because it was nearly empty. However, when I turn on the A/C, it doesn't feel cold. The A/C does seem to turn on though - the engine revs up a little bit when I turn on the A/C. What might the problem be?

Vehicles
      93' SLC 92' SLC 02' JETTA
      06-02-2012 07:57 PM #2
      Ac can be a pita. Fans kicking on at low speed? Compressor clutch cycling quickly or periodically? Test pressure switch?

Sent while sitting on my ass VIA my iPad
      [B] INSTAGRAM: europeein
      Facebook: facebook.com/addmichael

Vehicles
      93 Corrado SLC, 04 Kawasaki Ninja
      06-03-2012 03:08 AM #3
      Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be the fuse. There might be two fuses, one in the box in the car and one in the engine bay. I believe I recall the one in the engine bay being the culprit for me.

Vehicles
      1990 VW Corrado G60 BBM SC
      06-08-2012 09:19 PM #4
      Yeah I'm having a similar problem. Was it the taller fuse in the engine bay that was blown or the shorter one?

5. 06-08-2012 09:49 PM #5
      Pop the hood and actually verify if compressor is kicking on. If the system was recently charged then compressor had to have been running to recharge.

Did it run cold intially after recharge? If so, may have bad enough leak that system is empty again (low pressure switch will not allow compressor to run to prevent damage).

If AC was not cold after recharge, you could have expansion valve problems (valve at fire wall on passenger side) causing high pressure in system and preventing compressor from not cycling properly.

Could have electrical/fuse isssues as previously mentioned in other replies but had to have occurred after recharging system.

Possibly too much freon in system causing compressor to not cycle on enough.

Vehicles
      2009 VW Rabbit
      06-08-2012 10:12 PM #6
      I took my Corrado into the shop this week to get the A/C issue fixed. They said there was a bad electrical connection at one of the connectors, where some of the wires were loose and not connected. Due to the bad connection, the A/C compressor wasn't coming on. They fixed the wire issue, and now the A/C blows ice cold.
      Last edited by Nightfox; 06-08-2012 at 11:10 PM.