Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: unOFFICIAL Roll of Film a Week Thread

1. 06-11-2012 08:59 PM #26
      I really want to play this:
      Quote Originally Posted by ohsnappe2 View Post

Quick turnaround for me this week. I won't have a free night from here on out and my Olympus OM1 was stashed in my office already loaded with a roll of Kodak 400CN so I got off the metro at a random stop and did some wandering. Walgreens had it processed and (super low quality) scanned within 45 minutes.

Week2-9 by delgiudice, on Flickr

Week2-3 by delgiudice, on Flickr

Week2-2 by delgiudice, on Flickr

This project is all about forcing myself to take street photos with people in them.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      This has to be my jam right now. If I had a few more subcontractors intothis type of **** the old lady would be done by now. Give me the kayak you know somebody is being a poseureur about.
      Oh My Tumblr: DGDCphotography.tumblr.com

2. 06-11-2012 10:26 PM #27
      it sounded like trash.

oh my camera was a contax t2 and the film was 2004 exp 400nc. epson 500 scan on a cvs processing.
      http://awwsheeet.com
      Boys will be boys!
      Good or Bad comments?, I dont care just keep talking about it.

Vehicles
      2007 Mazda Rotary Thingy
      06-12-2012 12:32 PM #28

Chris Rock?
      be brave and be kind.

4. 06-12-2012 01:12 PM #29
      yeah i was in a cab yelling "Chris Tucker!!" at the top of my lungs
      Boys will be boys!

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      A really slow Jetta
      06-12-2012 02:37 PM #30

Short story of what happened this past weekend. I was in Waikiki taking some pictures of people and things on the street, I finished killing the roll and opened my camera. I forgot to rewind the film. Now I'm a week behind.
      Last edited by Ohwiehm; 06-12-2012 at 02:39 PM.

6. 06-12-2012 03:44 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by Ohwiehm View Post

Short story of what happened this past weekend. I was in Waikiki taking some pictures of people and things on the street, I finished killing the roll and opened my camera. I forgot to rewind the film. Now I'm a week behind.
      was it all bad? maybe you can salvage!
      Boys will be boys!

06-12-2012 10:38 PM #32
      I'll play. These were taken with my Pentax Spotmatic on Kodak Gold 200 (lol). I need to get a negative scanner ASAP. Can anyone recommend a really cheap scanner that will work better than Walgreens?

R1-06205-09A by ryansinibaldi, on Flickr

Untitled by ryansinibaldi, on Flickr

06-12-2012 10:39 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by peoples_car View Post
      I'm dropping off a roll of EfKe 100 B&W that I shot with my Olympus OM1 in the Georgetown area last weekend, as well as the first roll of Kodak BW400CN that I shot with my Bessa R/Jupiter 8 setup.

With any luck they will be ready by tomorrow
      How do you like the BW400CN? I have a roll sitting around I'd like to shoot.

9. 06-13-2012 12:55 AM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by ry_guy View Post
      It doesn't have nearly the dynamic range of a more traditional black and white film but it's great in a pinch since it uses a C41 process, which can be done in an hour almost anywhere. I usually have to tweak the scans a bit in Aperture after processing in order to get a 'true' black and white but don't let that roll of yours go to waste.
      This has to be my jam right now. If I had a few more subcontractors intothis type of **** the old lady would be done by now. Give me the kayak you know somebody is being a poseureur about.

10. 06-13-2012 02:31 AM #35
      Insanely fine grain, almost non existent. I used to shoot it a bunch before I picked up home developing again. Now it's just too easy to pass over it at the store so I haven't shot any in some time. The last time I did was in Boston when I bought the LC-A I used above. It was the only BW film I could find so I shot a bunch of it.

Like peoples_car said, not as much DR or quite the same tonality, but it is a fine fine film. My favorite of the 3 chromeogenic BW films.

11. 06-13-2012 01:25 PM #36
      great stuff guys keep it coming. if you cant squeeze our a roll in 7 days then maybe in 10
      maybe one every 2 weeks. keep your cam on you, you never know when you wanna use it.
      Boys will be boys!

12. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      A really slow Jetta
      06-13-2012 02:17 PM #37
      was it all bad? maybe you can salvage!
      I was thinking about saving it. But I had a bunch of keepers towards the end of the roll. So I trashed it. Gotta ask my friend who shoots for the newspaper if I can follow him around.

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      A really slow Jetta
      06-13-2012 03:44 PM #38
      I'll play. These were taken with my Pentax Spotmatic on Kodak Gold 200 (lol). I need to get a negative scanner ASAP. Can anyone recommend a really cheap scanner that will work better than Walgreens?
      I'd recommend an Epson V500. That's what I used before. It comes with film holders too(35mm, 120mm, 4x5, slide). And the scanning program easy to use.

Vehicles
      2007 Mazda Rotary Thingy
      06-14-2012 01:22 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Ohwiehm View Post
      I'd recommend an Epson V500. That's what I used before. It comes with film holders too(35mm, 120mm, 4x5, slide). And the scanning program easy to use.
      35mm scans are decent for 800x600 resolution. But I find the V500 very good for previewing the exposures I want to have scanned professionally and printed.
      be brave and be kind.

Vehicles
      '91 964, '93 525i, '05 GTI
      06-14-2012 05:23 PM #40

This photo reminds me of the style of candids you see from time to time from the 70s. Love it.

I really want to play this:

Quick turnaround for me this week. I won't have a free night from here on out and my Olympus OM1 was stashed in my office already loaded with a roll of Kodak 400CN so I got off the metro at a random stop and did some wandering. Walgreens had it processed and (super low quality) scanned within 45 minutes.

This project is all about forcing myself to take street photos with people in them.
      I just brought my 35mm back to DC, need to get a battery for it and restart my High School years. Really looking forward to it. I need to check that Pizza place out! I've passed by it many times (live nearby) but am looking for a good ol' NY style pizza!

I used to shoot with 400TX...but would also like to shoot some color too... any suggestions? So far I really like how ry_guy's shots came out...

Staying tuned!

16. 06-14-2012 09:33 PM #41
      I live right across the street from the pizza shop so hit me up when you're down for a slice and some shooting

17. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      A really slow Jetta
      06-15-2012 02:30 PM #42

Shot with the Minolta Hi-Matic AF-S on Fuji 400.

18. 06-15-2012 03:28 PM #43
      all bangers
      Boys will be boys!

19. 06-16-2012 11:03 AM #44
      I really like the lounging boogy boarders

20. 06-16-2012 01:25 PM #45
      Finished up my second roll for week 2, played around with the new Lomography 110 film. Overall - it reminds me of generic Eastern Europe BW film like Efke and Foma. Developed in R09 1:50 and was shocked at the grain amount. I'll be trying another roll with HC110 to see if I can control it a little better. Be forewarned: ****ty 110 cameras will scratch the hell out of your film

Scanning was interesting but not too hard. I just used the 35mm film holder for my Nikon Coolscan and placed them in there carefully. No need to invest in one of those $80 cardboard pieces

Whirley Bird by pdexposures, on Flickr

Downtown Portland by pdexposures, on Flickr

Mexican Food by pdexposures, on Flickr

Vehicles
      '91 964, '93 525i, '05 GTI
      06-17-2012 08:45 PM #46
      I live right across the street from the pizza shop so hit me up when you're down for a slice and some shooting

Thanks man! That would be great! I need some C&C

Quote Originally Posted by yel0wsn0 View Post
      Finished up my second roll for week 2, played around with the new Lomography 110 film. Overall - it reminds me of generic Eastern Europe BW film like Efke and Foma. Developed in R09 1:50 and was shocked at the grain amount. I'll be trying another roll with HC110 to see if I can control it a little better. Be forewarned: ****ty 110 cameras will scratch the hell out of your film

Scanning was interesting but not too hard. I just used the 35mm film holder for my Nikon Coolscan and placed them in there carefully. No need to invest in one of those $80 cardboard pieces

Really like this one

22. 06-17-2012 09:39 PM #47
      im trying out my new 28ti. (portra 160) (im going to yell at cvs for the bummy scan)

Boys will be boys!

Vehicles
      2007 Mazda Rotary Thingy
      06-18-2012 12:35 PM #48
      lovin all of it, ohsnappe
      be brave and be kind.

24. 06-18-2012 01:23 PM #49
      I need the fire extinguisher hanging next to my desk at work

25. 06-18-2012 04:38 PM #50
      thanks guys. im going to blast thru a roll of b&w this week. its going to be 97 degrees by me, lets see what i can get
      Boys will be boys!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast